Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

~Latonia de la Courtel~

Magic Cat

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:01 pm
User Image
The confidence with which she responded told him they were on the right track now, and Raikinti nodded understandingly, green eyes bright with curiosity. "Very yellow, daffodil worth yellow, great. Hmmm.."

He considered her mane when she shook it out, and then laughed. "Longer than mine, hmm? Well, that's not surprising. Not very hard that. A good thing to be able to tell my friends, if they have more details like that. How about... Does he have feathering on his hooves, or fins, like on his tail?"

He considered her daintier hooves, then the wider cleft of his own feet. "And does he had a solid hoof, or hooves more like yours or mine?"

They traveled in silence for a moment before he drifted over to nudge her gently. He waited for her to glance up at him before giving an encouraging grin and a nod.

"I am sure you will remember." He offered companionably. "And I wish for you that it will be only good things."

That much was true, though it sounded a little weak when he said it out loud. Raik walked in silence for a few strides, mulling things over and trying to figure out what could be said that didn't sound silly in his own head. When he noticed her glancing at him, he gave a faint smile.

"I probably look a bit silly, hmmm?" He allowed with a nod. "Not surprised at all. I am a bit out of place in this land. The land I come from is dry and very nearly flat, with high grass that whispers in the wind. And water is limited and filled with dangerous beasts, and herds are cautious in the hopes they will be safe. There are mountains but they are ever distant, and forests though the trees are dry and short and often thorny. Not like the damp lush greenery here. But my hide allowed me to blend well enough in the woods or among the herd, where many of us are these colors and graced with stripes."

He glanced at her to see what her reaction was.

Ebonrune

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:45 pm
"Feathering....?" She blinked, and then blinked again. "Yes, I guess so. I don't....I think he has hooves like mine, but his fur is long there and I never really....looked." Why would she look?

She swished her short tail and sighed, though Rai's assertion that she would remember was strangely helpful. She knew he couldn't possibly be sure, but he sounded sure, so that was good enough for her.

She listened when he explained his appearance to her, ears perked intently for his every word. Other lands existed, of course they did, but what he was describing to her sounded awful. Dry and flat, needing to worry about dangerous beasts.... "It's easy to see why you wouldn't want to to be there." She said. "It sounds like a terrible place. Why would anyone want to live somewhere so dangerous?"

~Latonia de la Courtel~

Ebonrune

Peculiar Human

~Latonia de la Courtel~

Magic Cat

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 7:25 pm
User Image
"Feathering." Raik echoed agreeably. "The hair on his fetlocks, covering his hooves? Sometimes it's very long, or a little short and shaggy.. Some don't have it at all. It's just another good detail to know."

He nodded encouragingly as she spoke, smiling faintly. "I know it's a silly thing, but it can be a helpful detail when looking for someone... Especially if you don't know their name, knowing a lot of details about their appearance is just as good. "

The stallion gave a thoughtful tilt of his head. "See, there's a chance your friend hasn't introduced himself by name, or maybe he's not spoken to all that many of the natives. But if I ask around for a daffodil yellow Kelpi stranger with lightly feathered hooves... That might jog someone's memory."

Raikinti chuckled a bit at her response to the details he shared of his homeland, nodding. "That's a reasonable enough assessment, I can't really fault you for it... But that is where the herd has lived a long time, they don't really seem to wish to leave it... And there is a beauty there, despite the dangers. Besides, wouldn't you say this place has its dangers too? Kalona and Skinwalkers and their like, at the very least."

"Do you recall anything like that, maybe from where you are from? Something dangerous that made you come here?"

Ebonrune

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 2:02 am
Whisper bobbed her head in reply to Raik's words. "Yes. Yes, he has feathering." She flicked her ears. It upset her that she couldn't give more details, didn't know those details, but at least Raik was trying to be helpful, which allowed her to be calm.

"I think they would remember him." She said softly. "He's very bright." She listened to what he was saying about his homeland, and then comparing it to this. Her ears pinned back and she bared her teeth. "Skinwalkers." She snarled, the first time since he'd encountered her that she actually spoke in a more normal tone of voice, however that it came out through anger.

She shook herself out at his question and blinked a few times, though her ears stayed mostly pinned back. ".......Skinwalker." She said again, losing the anger and replacing it with fear. "Skinwalker." She tucked her tail close, eyes growing wider. Just flashes of memory, but enough to scare her. Abruptly, she bolted, startled by only she knew and was gone.

~Latonia de la Courtel~

Ebonrune

Peculiar Human

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out