Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Mwezi'Johari Lands [IC]
[PRP] Getting Out There (Boinedal x Yue'shi)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

nessiaing

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:27 pm
User Image

Boinedal was a growing male. It seemed like forever ago he was a mere cub learning the secrets of the pride from a slave. Manyara had given him the low down on what was what in the pride. He knew that the King had taken over by force, killing any member of his family that was in between him and the thrown. Boinedal had also learned that there were many in the pride that were unhappy about the way things were. What Boinedal hadn't learned was what he could do about it.

The purple adolescent was walking just outside of the pride lands today. Thinking to himself about what he should do. He was growing, soon enough to be an adult, he felt like he should be doing more... making a stand, speaking up. However he lived in a pride that was afraid, and no one was speaking up so instead he was dragging his heal lost in his own thoughts.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:37 pm
nessiaing

User Image

Leaving her parents side was a lapse in Yue'shi's better judgement, but she felt confident in her abilities to evade the pride's guard. After all, she had done so for this long, right? Then again, their little group had cubs to worry about now, so maybe she should start being more careful...

The Mwezi'Johari was like a fairytale to her. It loomed so close, and yet she knew nothing about it save what she learned from tales. The young girl knew she wouldn't be in the rogue lands for the remainder of her life, that one day when the King had been toppled that she would go with her parents back to their home pride, but it still didn't seem real to her.

Padding around, Yue'shi came across an unfamiliar scent and hid herself up wind of the lion behind some brush. The closer he came the more anxious she got. What did he want this far out? Guards didn't patrol this far away! Yue'shi wanted to run, but where could she go that he wouldn't notice?

Unbeknownst to her, in her haste to hide her tail had remained visible through the brush.

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

nessiaing

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:52 pm
Painted Moose

Boinedal was pretty much lost in his own thoughts, paying little attention to his surroundings. Despite the fact that he had grown up in a turbulent pride his family had always their noses clean, his parents never talked about the issues. In addition to the fact that Boinedal was just a hunter, he wasn't trained in the arts of guarding or patrolling or any thing like that.

He probably would have walked right by the lioness in the bushes and had it not been for the dark purple tail. "I almost stepped on it you know." he said mostly to the tail tuff. He was assuming that like him she was just another teen wondering around outside of the pride like him, never would he have considered anything else to be true.

He took a step back and waited for the purple female to come out of the bushes.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 4:06 pm
nessiaing

Frowning, Yue'shi looked down at her tail and groaned. Her mother was going to kill her for this one later. Without removing herself from the bush, the young lioness called out in the gruffest of voices, "Leave now, and speak not of what you saw here. You see nothing; you hear nothing."

What if he was a spy? Or worse, part of Shangyue's personal guard? He was a little scrawny for such a position, she had to admit, but maybe that was the trick of it all. Find the puniest, brightest little punk you could and use him as bait. Yue'shi would bet there were at least two lions watching him right now to see how far he could drag her out. Well, she'd show him!

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

nessiaing

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:29 pm
Painted Moose

The blonde maned lion tried to suppress a laugh when she called out her warning. It was really difficult to take a threat from a bush and tail tuff all that seriously. "Are you stuck in there or something. Do you not want me to see you struggling to get out? Do you need help? I can help you."

There was a chance that Boinedal should be more concerned about what was happening than he was. He was aware of the way things were happening in the pride. When he was just a cub a wonderful slave in the pride had answered all the questions he had drummed up from listening to the adults talk. He knew that he was against the current king but he didn't really know what he was going to do about it.

He stood looking at the bush, perhaps the female was worried about the same things as him. "Seriously you can come out I promise not to laugh if you are stuck or hurt. I can help." The adolescent male really just wanted to feel useful for something.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 11:19 am
nessiaing

Yue'shi scoffed. "I'm not stuck! I mean-" She coughed and resumed her deep voice. "I am not stuck." Her tone was petulant as she pouted from within her vermilion hideout. He wasn't even scared!

"Oh fine, I'm coming out but if you try anything I really can fight!" The young lioness twisted her hide legs and pulled herself out backwards. At first her mane became caught on a briar, but with a little wiggling she managed to step out; briar still caught in her mane.

"What are you doing out here so close to the border, anyway? You're too little to be a guard."

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

nessiaing

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:10 am
nessiaing: Boinedal bit back his laughter. He had a feeling that this particular lioness would not take kindly to being laughed at. So instead he bowed his head trying to show her a bit of respect.

"I am out exploring. I don't HAVE to stay in the pride all of the time. Its boring there and everyone is always so on edge." he explained trying to keep the whining tone in his voice down. He found himself wanting to appear as older for this lioness.

"I can help you with that." he added quietly pointing towards the bushes she had managed to bring out with her in her mane.

Moose: "Exploring? Don't you mean spying?" Yue'shi leaned closer dramatically, giving him the eagle eye. She felt certain that she could spot one of Shangyue's followers a mile away; and this was definitely one of them! "Everyone has reason to be on edge. These are...troubling times." It wasn't exactly how she would have put it, but her mother's vocabulary sounded a lot more dignified.

"Help me...with wha-?" Yue'shi reached up to touch her mane and touched the debris with wide eyes. "I...that would be very kind of you, thanks." She had given it a few test pulls herself, but since she couldn't actually see it herself Yue'shi was in a bit of a bind.

nessiaing: Boinedal smiled pleased that the female was willing to let him help. He leaned forwards and carefully plucked the bits of brair from her hair. He tried to be gentle but there were a few pieces that were stuck in there quite good so he did the next best thing and pulled them free as fast as he could. "There all gone." he said as he moved back from the lioness again.

"And I know that there are reasons to be tense but I suppose I don't understand why they bother being tense but not doing anything about it." Boinedal said. He quickly bit his tounge though and looked at the female. He hadn't said too much but he became worried. He didn't recognize the female from the pride but that didn't mean she didn't have a way of telling the King what he had said and that he was not a supporter.

Moose:There was worry in her posture as the little male assisted her. Yue'shi knew the best way into someones good graces was to help them, and she had been taught enough in her short life to be wary of everyone. What if he decided to bash her head in while he was up there? Every little pull on the briar meant another flex for her little claws. She was going to be ready!

And then it was over. It was enough of a shift to force the young lioness to blink a few times. "You...you're very right. If they don't like it then it can change, can't it? It's changed before." Her voice was small, but she looked him in the eye. "The moon changes, and so shall the King." She was feeling bolder now with this male. Maybe he wasn't a spy after all...

nessiaing: Boinedal cocked his head a little. He was dying to ask her questions but at the same time he was nervous that he would scare her off. "My name is Boinedal... I live in the Mwezi. But you don't do you... yet you know of the King and the fact he needs to be overthrown." he added the last bit in so that she would know he was not in favour of the King either.

"I wish the moon would hurry up and change if it would mean a new King." Boinedal was growing to be a bold lion and he hated having to bite back his tounge in order to save his a**. Things needed to be said loud and clear not whispered in the shadows.

Moose:"Boinedal...And you don't support him." The last bit was spoken on a whisper, as if she couldn't really believe it. What was the luck of finding a supporter on his own near the...It was just too good to be true, but she wanted to hope. "I'm Mwezi, even if I don't live here." That bit was added with a sort of proudness. She was part of the real Mwezi; the place that didn't involve a corrupt King.

She couldn't give him her name, what if he passed it along? but she could nod with his argument. "It's going to happen. Soon, if I had anything to say about it." Which really, she didn't. These were adult issues, after all. "I can't stay, but if you're speaking the truth...I'll be back."

nessiaing: Boinedal was so excited.... had he actually found someone his afe willing to talk to him about the real issues of the pride. Within the pride borders all he could find was a slave willing to share quiet whispers with him.

"Okay umm well I will come back here... I'll come everyday at this time... and you come whenever you can." he told her with a smile He knew that he would appear too willing but at the same time he wanted to make sure he wouldl see her again soon.

Moose: Yue'shi quirked a brow a the over eager male. He was either hoping to catch her in a trap, or he was really desperate. Either way, he could prove useful to the cause. Surely he had information that her parents didn't have yet; he lived there, after all!

"I'll try to come back soon, but no promises. If we're caught we'll be in a lot of trouble." She didn't need to say who from, either. If he was caught talking with a rebel then he would be severely punished, even interrogated, and if she were caught then her family could be exposed. This was a huge risk she was taking, but then again...Yue'shi's entire existence was a risk.

"Until then." She nodded her head and slunk back off through the brush towards her family.

nessiaing: Boinedal watched her go He was a little sad to see her leave. It was only after she had completely disappeared into the bushes that he realized that she didn't know even know her name.

He let out a great sigh before turnig and heading back towards the pride. He knew that this path would become familiar to him he would have to be careful to take different paths to ensure he wasn't being too obvious.

[IC] Mwezi'Johari Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games