Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili services, soquili, horse, fantasy breedables, native america 

Reply Archived
Festive Family Basket Contest ~ (Archive) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Did you know either of these parents before this contest?
  Yes!
  No, but they're puuuuuurty!
View Results

Summer Raaven

Garbage Trash

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 5:12 pm
I love Christmas Colors!

Username: Summer Raaven
Name of Filly: Hadithi (It's Swahili for 'Fable') - She'll probably go by Haddi for short.
About:
As a foal, Hadithi was told a simple story - a simple story of love and understanding, of knights and princesses, of unconventional families and even more unconventional ideals. It inspired her; it awoke something within her soul that caused such a stir, she wanted to hear another. And another.

As a young filly, off to discover the world, she quickly discovered that everyone has a story. Everyone has a reason for their situation, or their looks, or their very existence, and she wants to know what. What makes creatures tick? She will approach anyone, curious to know 'their story', and will then share stories of the past - stories she's bee told or stories she's made up along the way. Nothing brings two creatures together than that of the spoken word, right? Once she hears your story, she will carry it with her, in her heart and in her soul. 'You' have become a part of who she is and who she will be as she continues her journey throughout all walks of life.

However, her ethereal approach to life doesn't always work in her favor. What, for example, is her story? Is she to be the one who carries the voice of those long forgotten, sharing stories and wisdom with anyone who wishes to listen? Through the stories she is told, she has learned a lot about what it takes to be someone on this earth, and yet, who is she? Hadithi takes after her father's nomadic ways, in search of the thing that life has to offer her - her father found it in his children; her mother in the beauty of the world. The older she'll get, the more she'll want to discover how her story will play out, and how many creatures she will meet along the way who will inspire other aspects of who she is/will turn out to be.

Because of all this, Hadithi understands that the world is not all black and white - there are many grey areas - no one is just purely good, or purely evil - everyone has a reason. What makes them who they are - now that is what matters.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 7:02 pm
I love Christmas Colors!

Username: ~Twilight...Angel~
Name of Filly: Petit Oiseau - little bird in French
About: Petit Oiseau is a freedom loving ball of sunshine and energy! She enjoys wandering wherever her heart leads her! She very much leads the nomadic lifestyle of her mother and father, though she hasn't decided if she's going to be just as free loving. If she found the other half of her soul, she would have no problem settling down with them. Or, if they would like, she would enjoy traveling around with them even more!
Petit loves her entire family! All 12 siblings on her father's side and all the extended family of her mothers! If she was able, or anyone allowed them, she would happily spend her time traveling around and visiting all of her extended family. She would adore listening to their tales and meeting all of their family! She adores family just as much as her father and believes that knowing your family, is knowing yourself.
Petit would love to have a family of her own too! She would adore having little foals of her own running around. Being one of the youngest of a... LOT of children is sometimes not too great. All your other siblings are all grown and have lots of lives of their own. So you only have your basketmates to relate too. But, she will enjoy what she can with the siblings she's got! At least until she can meet the rest of them!
Petit will enjoy her independence when she can, but revel in the attention that she gets when there are others around to enjoy things with her!  

~Twilight...Angel~

Celebrating Giver

26,275 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Hero 100
  • Supreme Supporter 500

LOLTERNATIVE

Super Trash

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 7:50 pm
I love Christmas Colors!

Username: LOLTERNATIVE
Name of Filly: Coaxoch (Nahuatl name meaning "serpent flower.") ('Xo for short)

About:
+ Energetic Xo is a ball of energy that is - at most times - hard to contain. She's easily amused but can also lose interest in something relatively quickly. She meets everything head on with enthusiasm (sometimes too much, but she means well). She can sometimes come off a little strong; she's an extrovert and isn't afraid to try and make new friends or put herself out there; which could be a bit of a problem if someone wanted to be left alone..
- Impish She's a tad childish and is prone to playing pranks and tricks on others if she gets terribly bored. They're not the harmful kind - just the silly kind that end with a frown that turns into laughter from the victim. She'd never play a mean prank and knows people's limits - or tries to.
+ Adventerous With all her energy and excitement regarding the world, it's no surprise that she'd end up being an adventure seeker. A thrill seeker, even. As a foal this would likely result in her wandering off a few (read: a lot) times. Eventually, as she gets older, she'll wander further and further away until she makes off on her own to see the world. However far she goes she'll likely visit her parents and siblings as often as she can.
- Unlucky 'Xo will be an unlucky foal and an unlucky adult. Where her friends have jumped on stones and crossed a stream; she'll be the one to slip and fall in. Where her brothers have eaten berries and come out fine she'll be the one to end up with a stomach ache. It will also result in some of her pranks backfiring and turning on her. She'll think she's cursed and it will sometimes put a damper on her spirits but she'll try and move forward. o u o
* Artistic I'd like her to have an affinity with the arts of some sort. Music, dancing, painting. I'm unsure which she'll be attuned to as I'd like to explore it via RP but I like to think it's something that will be encouraged by her parents as a way to release some of her pent up energy. c:

Plot Ideas:
Luck be a Lady 'Xo is unlucky. She's been unlucky all her life and while it has never gotten her down before it will eventually cause her so much grief that she'll decide to do something about it. She'll seek someone out to rid her of the 'curse' (a real cure or a fake cure ;x). Woo magical adventure gooo.
Adventurer slash explorer General adventures and exploring the lands. The sea, the desert, the mountains, the forests. I want her to see everything and meet as many soquili as she can. Friendships will be important to her and while she likes to explore she doesn't want to be alone forever.
Danger! She's wandered into unfamiliar territories and someone bad has found her. A skinwalker or a kalona or just a grumpy soq who doesn't take kindly to strangers. It'll be her first real encounter with danger and I think it will mature her a little (a super small amount but maybe enough to have her think before she acts).
Love I'm unsure how she'll fall in love - I think she is too. She'll have no preference, I believe and is just as likely to fall in love with one soquili as she is to fall in love with many.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:59 pm
I love Christmas Colors!

Username:
ProphetOfProfit
Name of Filly:
Patli (Aztec name meaning medicine) or Izel (Aztec meaning unique) possibly a combination of the two?
About: To put it simply "Alti" as she will be called occasionally will be a psychologist. A healer of the mind with a light heart and an inquisitive mind.
A few main points.
-She won't be a huge fan of children. Don't expect her to babysit and hopefully when she has kids the partner will be more involved.
- I think her area of expertise will be disorders such as OCD and split personalities.
- As far sexual orientation in can see a future with either a male or a female. But they are going to have to be really interesting personality wise. Her nick name for them will be love puzzle.
Sorry my entry isn't super long but I like to let the personality to develop itself.  

ProphetOfProfit

Profitable Prophet

AislingJuno

Geared Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:40 am
I love Christmas Colors!

Username: AislingJuno
Name of Filly: Ix Chel( Mayan lady rainbow) or Chel to family members.
About: Ix Chel is a earth natured soq, with a bit of a wild spirit with a nurturing side. Her heart leads her and she is the type to laugh and cry a lot. As a young foal she developed quick mastery of her wings much to her parents chagrin. Ix Chel would often take short flights or walks away from her parents for the sake of exploring. She’s always been very curious of other soq and if able to she wants to solve other soq problems. Ix Chel has even been known to sacrifice her own happiness to help others and while that can be called a kind hearted trait it can also be very harmful for her.
She also has a keen interest in history and has been known to follow bards around for days until they have sang all their historical themed songs. History and music interest Ix Chel and she secretly dreams of traveling throughout the soq lands. It would be a great adventure and she could impart her wisdom to others as well as learn new stories.
Ix Chel also wants to track down other members of her family. In her mind all the soq that are related to her mother, father and their partners are part of her family. Ix Chel loves the idea of having lots of brothers, sister, step brother and sisters.

Plots;

First flight: I would like for Ix Chel to fly just a little bit away from her parents who become panic stricken. They will reprimand her for scaring them and make her promise not to journey far away.

The woods: I would like Ix Chel to help another soq in distress seeing what a kind heart she has the familiar of the soq put’s one of its babies in her care to be her familiar if the little fm becomes attached to her.

Heartbroken- I would like Ix Chel to become involved in a romance triangle and for her to leave the stallion she has fallen in love with because she sympathizes with the other female involved in the love triangle.

True love; Eventually I would like her to find love regardless of size or gender. She will have regretted her actions of selflessness in the past and this time she will fight for love. This love could either end in a fling, livemate or lovemate.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 5:32 am
I love Christmas Colors!

Username: JetAlmeara
Name of Filly:Citlali (Aztec - Star)
About:

Temper - Dreamer

As a foal Citlani will be vibrant and outgoing looking at the world with a sort of whimsy, she's takes heroic tales and wild stories to heart, often over exaggerating her own adventures to follow in the footsteps of her legendary heroes. Everything is an adventure to Citlali, to her the world is vast and wonderful and new, who knows what you might find right around the next corner? Just a log?!? Are you crazy that is clearly the destruction left behind by some legendary duel! Why just look at how that tree fell...it was obviously kicked over by a great knight or an evil villain.

Imagination in a foal is a great thing and Citlali's is certainly strong..however it can also be an endless cause of annoyance to her parents...I mean, if you believe in heroes then you probably have to believe in bad guys too right? Citlali's overactive imagination and whole-hearted belief in tall tales will probably have the adults in her life endlessly double checking for 'monsters' in tree groves..the bottom of watering holes..anyplace creepy and shadowy..you know how it goes, they might want to consider trying to limit the types of stories she hears during the day if they want to get a good night's sleep.

As she grows Citlali will mature somewhat, she will learn to separate truth from fiction but will never quite loose her sense of whimsey, although she might no longer believe that there are monsters in the watering hole, or a hero living under rainbows...she still thinks they are great stories and she loves those stories. Stories will become her passion and she will collect them from everyone she meets, myths, tall tales, local legends..you name it and Citlali wants to know it. She will become a traveling story teller of sorts, collecting and sharing the stories of the land with an animated passion that can only come from truly loving the craft.

Although her drive to collect stories from all around the Soquili lands will lead her out and about, Citlali will never completely want to leave her family and their ways, she will strive to keep in touch with them as much as possible and likely partake in the free love so evident in her heritage. Citlali is the type to fall in love with a Soquili for their personality rather then their gender and her adventures in story collecting and telling are likely to give her plenty of opportunity to find such personalities, although the moral codes instilled in her by her fathers own beliefs and her own love of 'hero's' from the stories will ensure that any of these love affairs take place only with suitable available companions. Nobody wan'ts to be the evil homewreaker in the the story now do they?  

JetAlmeara
Crew

Eloquent Raider

Ryuukishin

Man-Hungry Fatcat

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:40 am
I love Christmas Colors!

Username: Ryuukishin
Name of Filly: a mystery
About: Like her parents, she loves freely and easily. She and her siblings are cherished by the family, and she is quick to return the feeling in kind, to any and all she meets. Making use of her sharp eyes and keen ears, she is able to decipher the likes and dislikes of an individual through observation – and often facilitates this by initiating conversation.

Many find her attentions charming; flattering, even, that she is able to pick up so much. Names, preferences, and special dates are things she recalls as easily as breathing, no matter how long it’s been since she last saw a friend. Love comes effortlessly to her, and the enthusiasm she displays at delighting others is nothing short of genuine. The problem is, she loves too much.

It is not quite so noticeable as a foal. Her world is encompassed by her family and the occasional visitor, and though large in number, they are most certainly finite. That she spends such time making gifts and hosting parties catered to the individual is seen as her being unusually considerate, but not overly so.

This changes once she reaches adulthood, and chooses to travel with her father. Separated from the majority of the family who once looked after her, it becomes abundantly clear that, when left to her own devices, she focuses on others to the detriment of herself. Tragedies strike her particularly hard, as she takes the pain of others as failure on herself. Though she will not allow anyone to take advantage of her, there are still many, she finds, that are lost and broken and alone. Of course, such behavior does not go unnoticed.

The world is not your burden to bear, Chica.

Then why did it hurt so much?

Plots
(Note: I’m not RPing right now and I’m unsure when I’ll get back into it, though it is unlikely to be any time soon. However, I love plotting!)
  • Helping others; doing pick-me-ups; etc.
  • Considering adding a tragic event to her foalhood which is the source of her guilt (eg. she convinces a friend to have an adventure in a dangerous area despite her friend’s protests. This leads to the friend’s death, permanent crippling + the friend moves away, or the friend’s mysterious disappearance + it is assumed the friend died. No matter the choice, she is unable to seek forgiveness or redemption).
  • Accidentally contributing to a tragedy. This adds to her feelings of guilt, and drives her to work harder to please others.
    - Whoever she hurt could guilt trip her into doing something she doesn’t want; eg. visiting a dangerous soquili and taking (stealing) an item, with the one doing the guilt tripping claiming that it will heal or help them.
    - Can, in turn, lead to interactions with the dangerous soquili. She is pursued, perhaps, or harmed. Or the soquili could turn out to be understanding, and give her the item freely.
  • The harder she works, the more she makes mistakes. She feels as if she is not doing enough, and becomes bitter and pessimistic.
  • She hurts someone; this time, it is on purpose. She feels nothing, and the realization is freeing.
  • Cue wild child stage.
  • Visits the family. She is ashamed of her behavior, and leaves shortly after.
  • She wonders; did she help others, only because of the guilt she felt? Does that mean she was never truly good, and that her actions were only done to avoid “punishment”? Does it matter? It’s easier this way.
  • Gets into dangerous trouble (pranked a purewalker; used her observational skills to ferret out a secret and told it publicly, earning the ire of a violent foe; etc.); nearly dies. She is able to recover with the help of friends and family.
  • Works towards getting better.
  • Tries to find those she’s wronged in the past to fix her mistakes. She fears this will bring back her guilt, and her initial attempts at seeking forgiveness may seem half-hearted (and lead to further troubles) as a result.
  • Learns to love and forgive herself, without turning a blind eye to the fact that she did bad things in the past.
  • Achieves immortality.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 7:42 pm
Well, thank you guys so much for your interest in our little family; your entries were all wonderful, and hanging gallow and I had a real task choosing just one. Honestly, the idea of going through and customing some of these ideas has real merit!

But there is only one basket available, so there has to be one winner; after much deliberation, we have decided on...Thalea!

Thalea

Welcome to the family, you and Xo both!  

Cajmera

Ruthless Phantom

Thalea

Devoted Mage

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 7:46 pm
O.O
adajskdh
THANK YOU SO MUCH CAJ AND HG!
I am freaking out over here soo much right now.
Thank you! Thank you!
-hugs Xo-
We are going to have so much FUN! <3  
Archived

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out