Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:23 am
So to speak.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:22 pm
I've been lazy about the trash and just toss it off the porch. If it makes it into the can cool, if not than the garbage guy will pick it up.

The garbage people are cool here. In TN and GA you had to pull your cans to the end of your driveway and if you didn't you didn't get your trash picked up. Here you can totally leave it by your garage and they'll come and get it for you  

Mama Ame
Vice Captain

Shy Conversationalist

Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:47 pm
Mama Ame
I've been lazy about the trash and just toss it off the porch. If it makes it into the can cool, if not than the garbage guy will pick it up.

The garbage people are cool here. In TN and GA you had to pull your cans to the end of your driveway and if you didn't you didn't get your trash picked up. Here you can totally leave it by your garage and they'll come and get it for you

In California you need to have it out along the sidewalk cuz we have the automated trucks with the mechanical arm that dump into the top.

Apartment living we have to go take our stuff out to the communal dumpster, where again, we have automated trucks with a mechanical arm (but in the front cuz it's dumpsters and not individual cans).

We're having a discussion about garbage! biggrin  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:50 pm
xd

That's interested with the automated trucks. Do you guys have a limit on the number of bags you can put out a week or no?

I know in Kansas City you can only have a certain number of bags. They do this to encourage people to recycle.  

Mama Ame
Vice Captain

Shy Conversationalist

wolf_with_a_dragon

Fallen Avenger

8,250 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:28 pm
Mama Ame
xd

That's interested with the automated trucks. Do you guys have a limit on the number of bags you can put out a week or no?

I know in Kansas City you can only have a certain number of bags. They do this to encourage people to recycle.

Sort of. They have like, trash cans]trash cans(kind of like the ones pictured in the link). The trucks pick up the whole can and dump the contents into the back. The limit would basically be however many you can fit into the trash can.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:32 pm
wolf_with_a_dragon
Mama Ame
xd

Sort of. They have like, trash cans]trash cans(kind of like the ones pictured in the link). The trucks pick up the whole can and dump the contents into the back. The limit would basically be however many you can fit into the trash can.

Yeah, and depending on how much you pay for your trash service you get either a small, medium or large can. The one wolf shared is like the medium size.

Also depending on county, you may have up to three different colored cans. When I was living in Brentwood, we had a blue recyclables, a green "garden waste", and a black all-other-garbage. Out in Patterson my parents only have one single can for everything.

Our current apartment set-up has both a recyclable dumpster and an all-other dumpster.  

Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100

Mama Ame
Vice Captain

Shy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:57 pm
I miss the south. We just threw all our s**t in one big black can.

*lazy person is lazy*  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:33 pm
For the area I live in, we just use a normal plastic trash can for the actual garbage-garbage. Then for recycling we have the big blue cart bins (which the recycling truck picks up using the robotic arm system) and a brown plastic bin for the glass bottles (which the recycle truck drivers have to lift and dump themselves). I think there's other things you do for like batteries and liquids (i.e. old oil) when you want to recycle them, but I can't remember what at this moment. The cans/bins used differs from location to location of course, so that's why I specified that it's just for our particular area ((like my Grandma has two of the cart bins - one for recycling and one for garbage)).

If I remember correctly, at least for the actual garbage service (not the recycling aspect), you have a set price you pay every week. If you have additional cans aside from the usual one, then there's an additional charge. Unfortunately, if you don't put out a can, you're still charged for that week; my Dad occasionally complains about that aspect. sweatdrop  

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
"COS" ^Can O Spam^

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers