Submit

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 9:47 pm
… She was there. Ephias didn't lie, as far as Keionx had seen, and so that... was an undeniable fact. Estali was there. Etsali had fought the rainbowdrinker. Etsali had done something...

Heroic.

Keionx wanted to throw up.

She resisted.

She was not surprised that he knew. Dully, she thought, he must have found out in person at some point. How could he not hold it against her? How? She listened to the rest of his speech, looking away from Etsali as she did so. It was hard not to pay attention to the thief – she was right there, right in her line of sight.

”Tis... tis thine hive. And thy rules...” she said coldly. The water bottle in her hand crackled and snapped and bent as she crushed it into plastic rubble. ”I trust thee.” she said, relenting. She looked at Etsali, briefly, her face twisting into a snarl, before looking away again. ”I trust thee... And I promise.” promising not to hurt Etsali felt difficult, unnatural, like bending metal with her bare hands (which she could do, given certain metals in rod form). It was the hardest promise the orangeblood had ever made.

But she had to respect Ephias's wishes. She had to. It was... It was the gogdamn Right Thing. Damn it. She knew it was. Keionx grimly moved the utterly destroyed water bottle out of view. Etsali would have to promise too... and Keionx hoped that the thief broke her promise and tried to stab her, slit her throat, or steal from her. She wanted an excuse to bleed her...

But maybe not (again) tonight.

KitsuneAura

Katanari

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 8:23 pm
Etsali's chin lifted, eyes gleaming with yet another victory as Ephias confirmed she'd been in the caves, revealed that he already knew she was a thief. She almost wished he had stepped back to begin with instead of giving her that look, because she wanted to see Keionx's face fully as the information settled in. The gloating in her own expression died down as Ephias kept talking, however, and eventually she let out a huff and murmured, "Trusting you's not the problem."

She watched as her rival scrounged up a promise though, snarl and all, and promptly rolled her eyes at the would-be knight before glancing back to Ephias. "Alright, fine, I promise. No trying to kill her." Which just meant when the orangeblood inevitably got in her face again, she'd have to make sure it was less trying and more doing. She trusted Ephias, but she didn't trust Keionx's ridiculous honor in the least. "I've already proved I can hold myself back anyway."

Unfortunately. If she'd just killed her instead of leaving her in the street, this night would have been a lot more pleasant. She guessed that was just what she got for wanting Keionx to know how thoroughly she'd lost. She bared her teeth at the knight one last time before relaxing back into her seat and dropping her gaze to the water bottle in her hands, as if she didn't have a care in the world except for getting it open.

Maybe if she was lucky, Keionx would just go away now.

DraconicFeline

Green Minuet

KitsuneAura

Magical Detective

Green Minuet

Greedy Trickster

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:22 am
      ∞ Ephias Sagine

Ephias glanced back and forth between the two older trolls, pump biscuit clenching. He could not expect them to forgive each other. He could never change their feelings towards one another. He had no illusions about that. He was the only thing keeping them from each other's throats.The situation before him was nothing out of the norm in Alternian society. Trolls fought each other every night over even pettier disagreements. Yet it made his stomach tie itself into knots. They were willing to murder one another.

How did neither of them see how wrong that was?

Ephias cupped his face in his hands. He took a deep breath, and then, sliding his hands down, exhaled. “I'm-I'm not asking you t-t-to t-trust... to trust each other. I'm asking you trust my j-judgement.” Nevertheless, it seemed he had a promise from both of them. That was progress. “Thank you,” he added.

With both his friends' violent inclinations momentarily resolved, he still had another problem: what to do with them. Neither would want much involvement with each other, so for the time being it would be better to keep them apart. He could not keep an eye on both of them at the same time however. He was already treading a thin line, and showing favouritism for one over the other could fracture his friendship... and possibly result in another fight. He looked to Wolly for guidance, but the sheep had stuffed himself in a corner where he pretended to sleep. It was all on him then.

He turned to Keionx. “Kei, you should get some-some rest. The band closes the w-the wounds but doesn't help with blood loss. You can use my recuperacoon. Later, I'll help you get back to your hive.” With a nod to gesture that Keionx should follow, he went back down the hall and started up the stairs. “Etsali, I'll be back down in a min-minute to see if I can get something to help with the pain.”

DraconicFeline

KitsuneAura

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:34 pm
Keionx was slightly tempted to leave at this point and limp off somewhere else, somewhere where she wouldn't be a burden to Ephias and where Etsali wasn't. But, at the offer of rest, and as she rose painfully to take it, she knew that she was done with limping around for the night. Going home and trying to find some other way to work out her feelings would have to wait until tomorrow. She could not deal with them now. "Thank you." she said, too tired to protest about taking his recouparoon. She very pointedly ignored Etsali as she followed him up the stairs, exhaustion with a side of despair settling deep into her sinews.

"I'm sorry, Ephias..." she said to him, once she was sure they were out of earshot, "I... twill be out of thy horns tomorrow. Don't trouble thyself with helping me get home... I can get myself home, then." She wanted to talk to him so badly. She wanted to stay here with her friend, but no. The world was too complicated for a desire so simple.  

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100

Green Minuet

Greedy Trickster

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 4:24 pm
      ∞ Ephias Sagine

“I'll at least walk you to the train station,” Ephias responded curtly. It was not a suggestion. He glanced back over his shoulder to make sure that Keionx made it up the stairs all right. Once or twice he considered reaching out to assist her, but every time he faltered. His hands hung limply at his side.

When they reached the top of the stairs, Ephias pushed open the door to their immediate right, and gestured Keionx inside. “Sorry about the m-mess,” he said. It was a clean enough space, but marked by chaos. Ephias hastily gathered up the few articles of clothing scattered around the room, and threw them into a hamper. “Just uh... call if you need anything,” he told Keionx. “I'll be downstairs.”

With that he turned and made for the door. Just before closing it however, he looked back over his shoulder. “Good morning, Keionx,” he said. A part of him wanted to linger, and say more, but the orangeblood needed rest. She would not get it if he stood around gabbing at her. The door closed with a gentle click. Time to check in on Etsali.

Even so, Ephias paused at the top of the steps, contemplating. He glanced towards the door then back down the steps. Beneath the stoic, impassive expression he always wore, emotions waged a tumultuous battle. There would be no resolution any time soon. With a sigh, he shook the thoughts free from his thinkpan and started down the stairs.

DraconicFeline
And...

KitsuneAura
done!

Alternia RP

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items