Submit

Vikabro

Fashionable Cat

12,140 Points
  • Fashionable Fancy Dress: Cute 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:35 pm
While doing a random serf on Instagram I found out about this one site that sells teas based off of various fandoms. I found out later that most of these blends are user created content. So far there are over 70,000 different blends. Better yet if for some reason you don't see anything for a fandom you can just make it yourself.

I've made a set based off the anime Shugo Chara. My blends can be found here.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:33 pm
That's neat. 3nodding  

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Vikabro

Fashionable Cat

12,140 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:25 am
I bought some more today. Amulet Fortune [Hinamori Amu] Seraphic Charm [Hoshino Utau] Vader, Charllotte [Madoka Magica] and Aang.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 5:49 pm
Cute idea. I've never had that company's tea, but for some reason the names sound familiar.

Ha, one of the Doctor Who fandom ones had "gunpowder" as an ingredient. I had to look it up to figure out "gunpowder tea" is a type of green tea.  

Lady Lagomorph

Wheezing Bunny

25,075 Points
  • Very Thankful 25
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Are You Jelly? 500

Vikabro

Fashionable Cat

12,140 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:34 pm
Lady Lagomorph
Cute idea. I've never had that company's tea, but for some reason the names sound familiar.

Ha, one of the Doctor Who fandom ones had "gunpowder" as an ingredient. I had to look it up to figure out "gunpowder tea" is a type of green tea.
For a little while I thought they were literally putting gunpowder in the tea.

Funny thing I found out last night if that the very first loose tea I bought was actually from Adagio.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:38 pm
Vikabro
Lady Lagomorph

Funny thing I found out last night if that the very first loose tea I bought was actually from Adagio.

Ah, interesting. My loose teas are usually from bulk sections at stores, so I'm not sure of brand. And yeah, that gunpowder reeeeally confused me.  

Lady Lagomorph

Wheezing Bunny

25,075 Points
  • Very Thankful 25
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Are You Jelly? 500

Vikabro

Fashionable Cat

12,140 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:31 pm
Lady Lagomorph
Vikabro
Lady Lagomorph

Ah, interesting. My loose teas are usually from bulk sections at stores, so I'm not sure of brand. And yeah, that gunpowder reeeeally confused me.
As a side note. All these blends names are named after various characters.

But anyway I would think gunpowder would confuse anyone. When I first saw it as an ingredient in some of the tea blends it make my stomach turn.

Not a week past since my first order came in, and I'm already nearly out on one of the flavors. lol. yum_tea  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:12 pm
Here is an update regarding my second order. It came in today. I tried the Charlotte one. Very bitter, but good with milk, and sugar. Smells like a vanilla cupcake. Next I'm gonna try one of my own flavors. Amulet Fortune.

Amulet Fortune wasnt good. Seraphic Charm was good however.  

Vikabro

Fashionable Cat

12,140 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Lady Lagomorph

Wheezing Bunny

25,075 Points
  • Very Thankful 25
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Are You Jelly? 500
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:28 pm
Aaaaw, what went wrong with your Amulet Fortune?  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 5:19 pm
Lady Lagomorph
The three flavors didn't agree with each other, and left the tongue very confused. If my tongue can speak it would probably say 'what the ******** am I tasting?" I tweeked it so the flavor isn't as all over the place than the first version of Amulet Fortune. The issue I believe is that it has way too many types of fruit fruit, and the percentage on the chocolate flavor was a bit too high.

The chocolate is still there. But a lower amount. Instead of berry blast I have wild strawberry, and a higher amount of cherry. So the new blend had strawberry, cherry, and chocolate.

Side note. Also tried Aang at this point. Not a favorite, but good for a sleepless night. Last one to try is Vader.  

Vikabro

Fashionable Cat

12,140 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Magical Girl 50

wolf_with_a_dragon

Fallen Avenger

8,250 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:12 pm
I feel the need to order and try some.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:27 pm
Vikabro
Lady Lagomorph
The three flavors didn't agree with each other, and left the tongue very confused. If my tongue can speak it would probably say 'what the ******** am I tasting?" I tweeked it so the flavor isn't as all over the place than the first version of Amulet Fortune. The issue I believe is that it has way too many types of fruit fruit, and the percentage on the chocolate flavor was a bit too high.

The chocolate is still there. But a lower amount. Instead of berry blast I have wild strawberry, and a higher amount of cherry. So the new blend had strawberry, cherry, and chocolate.

Side note. Also tried Aang at this point. Not a favorite, but good for a sleepless night. Last one to try is Vader.
Ah, I can see that. Tea blends can go pretty wrong sometimes. I've tried to blend some loose ones I have myself and had both very good and very mad results.

Vader sounds interesting. o.o Hopefully a nice dark Assam- or Oolong-based black tea?  

Lady Lagomorph

Wheezing Bunny

25,075 Points
  • Very Thankful 25
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Are You Jelly? 500

Vikabro

Fashionable Cat

12,140 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:25 pm
Lady Lagomorph
Vikabro
Lady Lagomorph

Ah, I can see that. Tea blends can go pretty wrong sometimes. I've tried to blend some loose ones I have myself and had both very good and very mad results.

Vader sounds interesting. o.o Hopefully a nice dark Assam- or Oolong-based black tea?
It is a mixture of pu erh dante, tiger eye and, vanilla oolong. There is chocolate, and caramel flavoring. It isn't as bitter as Chalotte, but the flavorings seemed faint. But it was possible I didn't let it seep long enough. However it did seem to have a pretty smooth flavor.

After shaking the bag for the Aang blend it was better than I thought. It wasn't really mixed well enough.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 7:24 pm
Vikabro
It is a mixture of pu erh dante, tiger eye and, vanilla oolong. There is chocolate, and caramel flavoring. It isn't as bitter as Chalotte, but the flavorings seemed faint. But it was possible I didn't let it seep long enough. However it did seem to have a pretty smooth flavor.

After shaking the bag for the Aang blend it was better than I thought. It wasn't really mixed well enough.
Hmm. Sounds pretty good. I've found that most flavorings in teas, at least to me, seem to alter the smell more than taste. Glad teh Aang one improved.  

Lady Lagomorph

Wheezing Bunny

25,075 Points
  • Very Thankful 25
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Are You Jelly? 500
"CIF" Crikey! It's a Forum~!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items