lethrossen
Taurid could spent entire days looking at himself in random watering holes, and sometimes he got frightening close to doing just that. It was even better when there was the rare rain fall that lasted long enough for puddles to form, which made moving about the savannah much easier. It meant being able to get a glimpse of himself every so often.

He was not ashamed at all for finding himself to be so devastatingly handsome, not one little bit. In fact, he was hard pressed to find any other lions even close to as attractive. Some did compare, but were likely no competition. Sometimes that was a little boring, honestly. No matter, he found his fun in other ways. Like flirting with the randoms of the savannah!

His mismatched eyes finally tore away from the watering hole, turquoise tipped tail flicking as he caught scent of another approaching. His mismatched eyes widened a fraction in surprise; she was bright! But not only that, she was hot. A lazy smirk settled on his maw, waiting for her to get closer. She probably was one of those lionesses who looked good from far away but up close… not so much.

Puhterodactyl
Velum liked to lurk around this certain watering hole. It brought a plethora of males to her, no work required. The old or weak or ugly she'd keep away from and let them pass none the wiser of her presence … (unless she was hungry and wanted a free, effortless meal). But when the handsome male cropped up, every now and then, she was the first to welcome them.

This devilishly handsome male had been nearby for a little time now, and she just couldn't resist. She waltzed over lazily to him and sat down, facing him from the opposite side of the watering hole and lapped up water, staring at him the whole while. What would his intentions be, she wondered.

lethrossen
But the longer he watched it seemed the longer she wasn't going to approach first… no matter, Taurid was good at squashing down his pride in favor of a little game. So he stretched out his paws before standing, glad that the spot she'd chosen was slightly more shady. He moved slowly around the perimeter of the watering hole. He was willing to approach first, for sure, but was unwilling to look so over eager. That sort of behavior was acceptable for some lionesses but he was well aware there was a great chance this lioness knew she was beautiful. And as such, probably knew that he thought of himself as beautiful. Birds of a feather, and all that.

"Well, looks like you got the prime seating." He offered in way of greeting, gesturing with his paw at the shady area. "I'm afraid the heat is getting to be a bit much in the sun. Mind if I join?" He flashed her a charming smile.

Puhterodactyl
Velum sized him up, looking him over once… twice. He was quite the fit male. He'd be perfect to sire some cubs… Not that she was looking to have any. Quite the contrary. Despite being an adult, Velum regularly returned to her mother for some coddling of her own. Having cubs would just be a drag. But that didn't mean she couldn't still have some fun with him. She laid down and rolled onto her side, exposing her white belly while she thumped her tail on the ground and began grooming herself.

"Well I should get such a good spot, it's my territory." She paused for a second to stare at him again, blue eyes to mismatched. "Mmmm… I suppose I wouldn't mind. But if you kill anything on my land, you'll have to split it with me." She winked. She was quite receptive to his approaches, but wouldn't ever say what she really wanted outright.

lethrossen
Well, wasn't she the little princess? His eyes flicked to her belly, running along and taking note of it's pristine condition. Not many could actually keep a coat that white to stay that white, and he was impressed. Obviously looking good was important to this female, and it made him like her all the more.

He let out a laugh, careful to keep it friendly and cheerful instead of annoyed and skeptical. "Is it now? Well, I'll keep that in mind sweetheart." He figured pet names could be fun with her, or not. Some lionesses hated it… some only pretended to hate it. Others loved it. He moved to the water to allow himself a drink before he openly watched her groom herself. "A fifty fifty split then, it seems fair." He flashed his eyes at her in a playful manner, fully expecting her to disagree with equal being fair.

Puhterodactyl
She gave him a playful look out of the corner of her eye with a crooked smile to match. "Seems we won't have any problems… So long as you don't hunt me." She winked again, rolled onto her belly and stood, then sauntered off to tall grasses on the edge of the oasis. She threw him a mischievous glance over her shoulder. She knew he'd follow.

"C'mon, big guy! What's the hold up?" She shouted from the grasses. Though her pelt was crazy bright, his would stand out much more. Surely she had the advantage, if she should choose to attack. Or she could let him pursue. It had been a while since a handsome enough lion had come by her home to play with, she wanted to take advantage of this situation and make it last as long as possible.

lethrossen
He really laughed at her next words, no forced mirth on his part. Well, they would be having problems, if that was the case. He was definitely hunting her, though not really for a meal He kept this to himself, for now.

He arched a brow and snorted. "The hold up?" He repeated, standing and giving his muscles a little stretch. "Oh~ho, so it's like that." He mumbled to himself before slipping into the tall grasses, eyes flickering this way and that and his ears staying alert. "Hey Gorgeous, I'm quite good at hide and seek, I'll have you know." The words were teasing, playful.

Puhterodactyl
Velum had done this time and time again, she knew the steps she'd be taking, and she could guess what the male would do, like so many before. She led him deeper and deeper into the grass, letting her tail peek through every so often to encourage him. She waited until he lagged back far enough and circled back.

The lioness poked her face through right by his, and, pausing a moment to admire his handsome dark markings, she whispered. "Surprise!" Smirking, she darted off again ahead of him, hoping, believing he'd take the bait.

lethrossen
Taurid was okay with not knowing this female's name, not knowing what she was like besides the obvious drive she possessed. He was alright with a bit of anonymous fun especially considering she was quite beauitufl, and he honestly didn't offer that compliment for many lions or lionesses and actually mean it.

He moved through the grass in a little jog, not overly quick and certainly not slow enough to fall behind. She was hard to keep track of, but not impossible. "Where or where can you be?" He called out softly, playfully. When she popped out and whispered he smirked, flashing his eyebrows at her again. Apparently his signature move.

He darted off after her, picking up his pace. He'd catch her in a moment, and hopefully have that bit of fun he was looking for!

Puhterodactyl