Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gamer Girls Guild [[G3]]

Back to Guilds

Here we girls and boys as a family, We game. 

Tags: Girls, Video Games, xbox, playstation, Nintendo 

Reply General Chat etc..
Do you think it's weird to have crushes on...... Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Is it weird to have a crush on an Anime, Manga, or Video Game character?
Yes
14%
 14%  [ 1 ]
No
85%
 85%  [ 6 ]
Other (if other, please share to explain)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 7

xXBeautifully-CorrodedXx

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:35 am
Do you think it's weird to have crushes on Anime, Manga, or Video game characters?

My friend and I were talking about this awhile ago and she said her first crush was James from Pokemon. xD
But when I talk to people about how cute a character is or whatever...I get weird looks or my friends start saying how weird i am or whatever.. xD

So.....do you think it's weird? Comments, complaints? :3?  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 12:33 pm
honestly, no, not at all. People may say "Oh that's totally weird" but it's not. To put into their perspective it's like sitting there watching The Bachelor (or whatever reality show is "cool" (None of them)) and saying "OH MY GOD! THAT GUY/GIRL IS SO HOT AND I LOVE THEM!" it's never going to happen, and we know that. Or they just might not understand. Either way they miss out  

Sir_Kent_M

Mysterious Misfit

xXBeautifully-CorrodedXx

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 12:53 pm
I tried to explain to someone one time that it's just like when you have a crush on a celebrity..but they said it wasn't the same... xD  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 1:02 pm
xXBeautifully-CorrodedXx
I tried to explain to someone one time that it's just like when you have a crush on a celebrity..but they said it wasn't the same... xD

and that's how they justify it. They would rather say "Well, it's different..." then look it the rational thought of it's a crush and not really going to happen ever. But honestly, same thing pretty much  

Sir_Kent_M

Mysterious Misfit

DRTYJacket_NyteSkye

Generous Lover

7,650 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 1:39 pm
Not weird at all. I love women, that's all there is to it. So what if video game characters are hotter than the women I see in real life? We all fantasize about something. Like it's been said, you can fantasize about a celebrity all you want, you never going to get none lol. Then there's cosplaying, but that's for couples which again, a gf I'll probably never have that likes the same stuff I do xD  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 1:58 pm
NOT AT ALLL, NO SHAMEEE U_U i mean as long as they're not dead serious about it or obsessing like crazy don't see how it's weird xd  

Snort Like A Pig

IRL Noob

xXBeautifully-CorrodedXx

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:36 pm
xD lol at all of you.

Lol, well I think it might also have been one time when I said, they seem much more attractive or something than a real person...because to me they are sometimes.... xD

They have all these nice qualities but I am not trying to buy one of those pillow covers and marry my pillows like some guys in Japan have been doing (at least that's what I heard o.o)  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:07 pm
xXBeautifully-CorrodedXx
xD lol at all of you.

Lol, well I think it might also have been one time when I said, they seem much more attractive or something than a real person...because to me they are sometimes.... xD

They have all these nice qualities but I am not trying to buy one of those pillow covers and marry my pillows like some guys in Japan have been doing (at least that's what I heard o.o)

Oh I'd believe that one, people are very weird, and I'm sure some do marry pillows, but that's totally different from having a crush on a fictitious character. That might be the piece that crosses that line and makes it weird  

Sir_Kent_M

Mysterious Misfit

xXBeautifully-CorrodedXx

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:32 pm
@Sir: XD  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:12 am
When all of your wildest dreams for love interest result in a character made up by a manga-ka, animator or developer, a real girl or boy with real world faults and insecurities falls incredibly short of an impossible standard no one could live up to.
I've noticed how much easier it would be living with the predictable and ultimately finite set of personality and characteristic traits of a fictional girl but we don't have that yet so there will be dudes trying to get the next best thing, which can be bought for a few dollars out of pocket, like a pillow case.
I wouldn't deter them cause I can't justify how messed up some people are to live with day to day.
But until someone invents a device that takes your ideal girl or boy and gives them flesh and blood, their choices are a pillow or a girlfriend.
Personally I would get with a few fictitious girls I know if they were real, but only if they were flesh and blood real.
For now though they're crushes, and that's ok by me. I'm not so enamored that I'd exchange rings with a keychain or a resin figure or a poster :l
My gf will become jealous either way o_o which is a whole other subject.  

Carrionmon
Crew

Ruthless Astronomer

16,225 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400

xXBeautifully-CorrodedXx

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:25 pm
Dramelechmon
When all of your wildest dreams for love interest result in a character made up by a manga-ka, animator or developer, a real girl or boy with real world faults and insecurities falls incredibly short of an impossible standard no one could live up to.
I've noticed how much easier it would be living with the predictable and ultimately finite set of personality and characteristic traits of a fictional girl but we don't have that yet so there will be dudes trying to get the next best thing, which can be bought for a few dollars out of pocket, like a pillow case.
I wouldn't deter them cause I can't justify how messed up some people are to live with day to day.
But until someone invents a device that takes your ideal girl or boy and gives them flesh and blood, their choices are a pillow or a girlfriend.
Personally I would get with a few fictitious girls I know if they were real, but only if they were flesh and blood real.
For now though they're crushes, and that's ok by me. I'm not so enamored that I'd exchange rings with a keychain or a resin figure or a poster :l
My gf will become jealous either way o_o which is a whole other subject.

xD  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:32 pm
Lol, NOT AT ALL!

My best friend is into anime and video games like me and we both fantasize over hot guys in those types of things. And we don't find it slightly odd. Of course, other people do but I don't really care. Cause, hey, they're not the ones who get to go home and look at sexy pictures of Usui, are they?

My mom thinks it's weird though. She always says, "But you're never going to be with him" when I babble on about hot anime guys. And that's true, but who says I can't dream anyway? It's normal.

Besides, fictional men and women are sometimes better than real people. After all, you an crush on a woman in a video games and she'll never bag on you or criticize you because, well, she ain't real! And some fictional characters are drawn so beautifully, it's hard not to be attracted to them!

Besides, hopefully one day you'll find a real man or woman and fall in love with them like you did that fictional hottie. wink

So long story short, I don't find it weird at all. What is weird is that I've been mentally dating Link from Legend of Zelda for 5 consecutive years now. sweatdrop

But it doesn't doesn't bother me!  

Peridooot

Fashionable Lunatic

xXBeautifully-CorrodedXx

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:57 pm
Lovely Lawliet
Lol, NOT AT ALL!

My best friend is into anime and video games like me and we both fantasize over hot guys in those types of things. And we don't find it slightly odd. Of course, other people do but I don't really care. Cause, hey, they're not the ones who get to go home and look at sexy pictures of Usui, are they?

My mom thinks it's weird though. She always says, "But you're never going to be with him" when I babble on about hot anime guys. And that's true, but who says I can't dream anyway? It's normal.

Besides, fictional men and women are sometimes better than real people. After all, you an crush on a woman in a video games and she'll never bag on you or criticize you because, well, she ain't real! And some fictional characters are drawn so beautifully, it's hard not to be attracted to them!

Besides, hopefully one day you'll find a real man or woman and fall in love with them like you did that fictional hottie. wink

So long story short, I don't find it weird at all. What is weird is that I've been mentally dating Link from Legend of Zelda for 5 consecutive years now. sweatdrop

Honestly... I kind of have been "dating" a person from one of my stories since I was 12 or 14..... xD And that's only because I've been writing a story with that character for that story for that long, and I act out the parts in real life so that I could see if it would be normal so I pretend to be the character's gf... xD So...I don't think it's weird at all that you've been dating Link...! XD  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:05 pm
xXBeautifully-CorrodedXx
Lovely Lawliet
Lol, NOT AT ALL!

Honestly... I kind of have been "dating" a person from one of my stories since I was 12 or 14..... xD And that's only because I've been writing a story with that character for that story for that long, and I act out the parts in real life so that I could see if it would be normal so I pretend to be the character's gf... xD So...I don't think it's weird at all that you've been dating Link...! XD

Lol, I've done that too! I was writing a story a year or two ago and I dated the character I came up with... So he wasn't just fictional, he was imaginary. rofl

Then again, no one thought it was weird when we were kids and had imaginary friends. I wonder what changes as you grow up to start thinking it's strange....? O.o

One day, I might even marry Link. heart  

Peridooot

Fashionable Lunatic

xXBeautifully-CorrodedXx

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:21 pm
Lovely Lawliet
xXBeautifully-CorrodedXx
Lovely Lawliet
Lol, NOT AT ALL!

Lol, I've done that too! I was writing a story a year or two ago and I dated the character I came up with... So he wasn't just fictional, he was imaginary. rofl

Then again, no one thought it was weird when we were kids and had imaginary friends. I wonder what changes as you grow up to start thinking it's strange....? O.o

One day, I might even marry Link. heart

There is a book about a girl who ends up dating and marrying her imaginary friend (he actually turns human which is how that is made possible). It's called Sunday at Tiffany's by James Patterson.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
General Chat etc..

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff