Submit

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:04 am
Bald lions! Or as bald as a lion can get? This is a very different IT for me - While I'd love to see this pride happen... I want to see what somebody else will do with it xD I won't own it, I just made some info! So if anybody wants to take the pride/idea over, they can add things or potentially remove as they please! heart I just put in some bare-bones stuff xD

-Cert background-
Thorny shrubs?

Name: Pride of Tsavo (I truthfully have no idea what Tsavo means, I've found nothing on that...)
Pride Symbol: IDK, man, IDK

A THING TO EXPLAIN ABOUT THE LACK OF HAIR

This is one of the few things I ask that don't get changed

While ICly the lions have no manes... Unless the pride wins lineart OR edits(Actually, that might be the preferred - Just otherwise normal rogue art that's been edited), any lack of mane should be pretended(Unless you find somebody willing to do that drastic of an edit to your lion, and in that case, congrats! Just don't everybody spam that person) - Their official art will have manes, but ICly they will be gloriously BALD. Or near bald. Some may have slight manes due to outside blood, but nowhere near the poof that they ARE.

User Image

The bottom two are kinda subjective xD;  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:06 am
Territory

The first and most obvious thing about the Tsavo territory is that it's sub-desert. Not terribly much grows here, other than around the Tsavo River. What does grow is very thorny bushes, which are everywhere. There ARE trees, but they're not nearly as plentiful as the thorn bushes. There's also a variety of other animals, but the local lions don't care much beyond "Can I eat it?" and "Will it eat my food/children?"

(This is one of the other few things I ask don't get changed... Because the area around the Tsavo River is quite distinct and a big part of what makes the Tsavo lions... Tsavo lions)

History

Long ago, some lions got the crazy idea to settle in the area that soon became the Tsavo territory. They'd seen huge red brutes that had taken some of their own as slaves eek out a living in the deserts and thrive, so they decided to give it a try. Who knew, maybe they'd be able to out-maneuver the red pelts of the sands and get their loved ones back.

They spent far more time worrying about the thorns.

In fact, it persisted for generations, and they soon forgot about the lions of the red desert. With anything, it soon became a contest between lions to see how long they'd survive in this land that seemed more inhospitable than the desert. Yes, they found the DESERT SAND more hospitable than this place. But they kept living there, as it was the only home many knew.

As the generations continued to pass by, the males of this thorny land grew larger, on par with the hulks of the sand, but something else was happening that they didn't notice right away - The males were, less and less, growing manes.

One day a stranger happened on their border, and, mistaking one of the patrolling males for a lioness, began to put on the moves. He was shocked to find out that these 'huge lionesses' were actually huge MALES... And even with no mane to protect their throats and the backs of their necks, they went all-out in chasing the stunned lion off. It was only then, though, that they realized they had no manes, no mass of hair to show off their bulk and prowess with.

They loved it.

In fact, the lionesses, it turned out, were so accustomed to their males having no manes, they were REPULSED by lions with manes. But, knowing there were others beyond their thorn patch, they knew they'd have to make contact with the outside world.

Even with intermingling, the manelessness has persisted - Those who have manes, they don't last long and soon are lost to the thorns, turned into nesting material by birds. The genes tied to the lack of mane have also proven quite strong, with cubs born between a maneless lion and a maned often being either half-mane or no-mane.

One thing's definite, though. The Tsavo lions are very proud of their lack of manes and fail to grow them with pride.  

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:22 am
This is the section that is most subject to change xD The only ones I really ask that not be changed or not changed TOO much are "Bald is Beautiful"(Come on, that's part of their whole deal! No manes!), and "The Great Baldy"(Not too drastic a change, plz?)

Beliefs

Bald is Beautiful - Just what it says. The Tsavo ladies love a man with no hair, and the men love having no hair. Nothing to catch on the thorns!

The Great Baldy - While the Tsavo lions don't outright worship any god in particular, they show reverence and respect for the God of Baldness... Even if his kind of bald goes beyond theirs.

Birds, birds, birds - The only familiars that Tsavo lions actually keep are birds, if only because they get places much easier than they can. Anything else is either food, competition, or a danger.

Traditions

I'll leave this otherwise blank for now  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:23 am
Ranks

Obs, this can go through a LOT of change with ranks added, others removed... Changes in attitude toward "Should we have a king, a council, or merge the two with a constitutional monarchy?," yadda yadda yadda... xD

King

Queen

Heir/ess - Just the oldest(Living) offspring of the king and queen

Prince/Princess - Their other kids

Guard - All dudes

Hunter/Huntress - Anybody can hunt! Males on the hunting party are considered especially valuable, as they have the size and weight to help bring down a buffalo.

Youth - Everybody else's kids  

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:31 am
And I declare this ode to bald lions open! xD  
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 8:25 am
Bumping for the lulz!  

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50

I Lady Kiya I

Obsessive Fairy

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 6:31 pm
Oh! I'm surprised these man eating lions haven't been made into a pride yet! Also Tsavo means Slaughter in Akamba.

I'd totally toss this guy in there.

User Image

He's completely blank slate, so he can be an original member. Rank can be figured out later. haha

Not suggesting to take over though, since I have two prides myself and god knows I'm not as active as I use to be.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:02 pm
This sounds awesome. I just don't have anyone available though.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

[OOC] Plot Recruitment Threads [OOC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas