Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Era

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili, horses, breedable pets, pet horses, familiars 

Reply Open/Private Canon IC RP
[PRP] Steals your breath (Claudette x Howl x Deathbringer) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tirokio

Kawaii Fairy

12,000 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 8:08 am
~~ Time skip ~~

User Image

Morning was waning, the bright lights of dawn had stretched across the open spaces of the forest as Deathbringer lead the unicorn through the forest at a swift pace; the mare following rather obediently. He was tired, gods, he was exhausted...but it was more important to him that Claudette make it...he was only concerned that she might have passed while he was away from the graveyard. Gravedigger's howl carried some distance, so he was sure she was still alive if he wasn't hearing the wolf's call.

"Try anything funny and i'll kill you in the most horrific manner I can think of." He seethed, glancing over to her to make his point clear. "I will release you if the mare you're healing makes a full recovery."

Miki turned her worldly eyes towards the frantic stallion, trying to keep the small smile from stretching across her lips. While she had not been all too keen of being rounded up like a rabbit to a wolf, when she'd heard that there was someone needed healing she knew she couldn't just say no. Not when he looked so panicked under all his dark and murderous promises of ending her life should she fail. It wasn't the first time she'd heard stories of stallions going to the ends of the earths for their loves. Or mares....just such fables were not as common.

"I understand..." She said softly, a light air of mystery in her tones but not enough to set off suspicion in the stallion. "You will need to tell me more of her wounds though, so I know what it is I am healing."

Deathbringer snorted as he scrutinized her, wondering why she needed to know what she was going to heal. Yet in the same thought train...he didn't know how healing worked...he was not an angeni, nor a unicorn....so he defeatedly sighed as they rounded a bend close to their destination. "A skin walker happened. She's got deep wounds along her side, and I think she's suffering from infection. She's lost a lot of blood..."

"Hmmm.." Miki pondered, keeping her pace quick beside him least she get headbutted again or nipped at, it seemed like nothing she couldn't handle...but of course if a skinwalker was involved it probably wouldn't be quite what she was imagining. "It might take a few attempts, I cannot heal everything all at once as it doesn't work like that. I will need rest, need to regenerate my magic. But she wont be in danger after the first round. Do you understand?" Miki warned, especially something of this caliber may take a few days, but the alternative was this mare's death.

"I understand.." Deathbringer hissed, the morning light now playing off his coat as they passed through the gates of the graveyard. Up the hill and into the comforts of the willow tree. Imediately he looked Claudette over, a bit of relief she was still alive and Gravedigger was awake and over her...even if he looked just as tired as he. "Get to work." He barked at Miki, who nodded politely and nestled in beside Claudette's stomach. So, she was a unicorn too? "You never told me she was....this makes it a little easier" Lightly she lowered her head and horn and touched it against the mares; her horn lighting up in a soft golden light as it activated Claudette's horn to glow as well. If she could kickstart her own limited healing abilities, she could then put more effort into her deep wounds and her body would also start self healing.

Seeing the glow Deathbringer finally felt the breath he had been holding release, walking a slow circle around the mare as Grave removed himself from her side; sitting off to the side. At the new space Deathbringer lowered himself behind Claudette, supporting her as he watched diligently with tired eyes - knowing sleep was still some ways away while she was still in such risk.

Faithofthefallen
If you want to do another time skip to get them further feel free. XD I wasn't sure if you wanted her to wake up that morning or the next night? Also, the first post is on the last page, not sure if the notification will take you there or to this post first LOL

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 9:58 am

Claudette swam in and out of consciousness, when she was aware, she realized Deathbringer was no longer beside her. She missed the beacon of his warmth to follow back. There was a pressure against her wound, hearing the soft breaths and recognizing his scent, Claudette knew it was Gravedigger slowing the bleeding. She opened her mouth to thank him and to ask where Deathbringer had gone, but before she could even draw a breath to form the words, the blackness swallowed her again.

She woke.
While she slept, angry red streaks had begun to spread from her lacerations, the skin was tender and inflamed, the pain of Gravedigger's weight was enough to make her breath hitch, which in turn gave her a twinge from her ribs. Claudette shivered, teeth chattering, even as her body heated up. She lifted her head slightly, her eyes were glassy and distant, she was sore and achy, but she found herself afraid of the blackness that lurked at the edges of her vision. She had no idea how long she'd been out, but Deathbringer was still gone. She didn't want to die until he was with her again. She shivered again, Fever. The wound hadn't been cleansed of whatever filth was on the bearwalker's claws, she hadn't been aware enough to care and had been sure she would have passed long before the cuts began to fester. Her eyelids slid closed despite her best efforts and she slipped into a restless slumber, her eyes darted around and her limbs twitched sporadically in response to her nightmares.

~Time skip~
(I'll have her regain consciousness the next night perhaps? I think she would be unconscious for a while)

As Claudette slowly drifted towards consciousness, the first thing she was aware of was the distant drone of voices. She couldn't make out their words but she felt their vibrations. Fuzzy outlines began to solidify. Her tongue felt as though it was coated in a thick fuzz, her throat was parched, she tried to swallow convulsively and managed it, just barely, after a few moment's struggle.

"Water," she croaked in an alien voice, unable to process her surroundings until that one most basic need was met.

Tirokio

Faithofthefallen
Crew

Tirokio

Kawaii Fairy

12,000 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 10:27 am
The night had been slowly setting in from a long and sleepless day of watching...he felt that it was the only thing he could do at this time. The unicorn had outdid herself as he lost track of the hours she'd spent huddled over healing. Slowly though, the bleeding had stopped and finally clotted. The angry red lines seeping across her skin had faded...not entirely; but the rage behind the infection's grasp had begun to retreat into the calm of her white...but marred side. It wasn't until a few hours prior that the glow had faded from the unicorn's horn, Miki had expressed she was out of magic until she had some rest.

It was with thick hesitation that Deathbringer had agreed to allow her sleep, glancing over every so often to the sleeping mare near the tendrils of the willow. She slept peacefully, and deeply, similar to Grave who was right outside the willow...but he could see his body from the gap between leaves and ground.

This left Deathbringer as the sole one fighting with his consciousness, his eyes threatening to close every fourty seconds or so. Occasionally his head would bob down; only for him to snap up quickly. He couldn't fall asleep, he couldn't afford to. His eyes drifted down to the mare he was curled around, it had a strangely calming effect to watch her sleep; the reassurance she was still alive by the gentle falling and rising of her chest. Lifting his chin skywards he let out a sigh, closing his eyes tightly as he tried to will away his exhaustion by mental strength....but slowly sleep overcame him for a little while as his head lowered to the ground.

He wasn't sure how much time had passed...but it couldn't have been more than a hour at best.

Once more cursing himself for his weakness, he cleared his throat.

"Grave." He spoke quietly, nearly making the canine jump as if he'd just yelled at him. "Yes, sir?" Gravedigger replied as he made his way under the willow. "Get some fresh greens for the unicorn...she will need to eat before she heals again. I don't want her leaving either." He spoke firmly, earning a nod. He was quick to leave the willow, not daring to poke the bear which he was sure was his master's mood at the moment.

Before he was even out of sight though, Deathbringer snapped his head down to feel the movement of Claudette. Water escaped from her lips, not even sounding like her. "Of course.." He rumbled, adjusting just a bit to grab the wooden bowl filled with water with his teeth. Thankfully Grave had returned with it some time ago...as his bucket was simply not sanitary enough to be treating someone riddled with infection. It took some slow and careful maneuvering but he'd managed to spill very little as he tilted his head to pour a little into her mouth...and then set it right at her face on the ground for her ease.

"Its right there...if you need more." He said, in an oddly soft voice. "The healer is just resting....we will begin your second treatment soon. You're going to make it." A bit of the gruff returned, not really giving her an option on her survival at this point. He wasn't sure how she felt, but had an inkling it probably wasn't much better than her initial venture back to the graveyard - aside from the infection she'd developed to make it worse.

"Do you need anything else, Claudette...?"

Faithofthefallen

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 6:41 pm

Claudette tried to drink slowly, not wanting to make herself sick. The convulsions would worsen the pain in her ribs and set her throat on fire again, but it took iron self control. She drank her fill and then sighed contentedly, her stomach bulging slightly from even that small amount of liquid. Claudette shook her head slightly, her long curtains of hair were unbound and spread around her in tumbled disarray. She felt clear headed for what felt like the first time in years, although she couldn't confidently state how much time had passed since her hideous encounter with the skinwalker. She glanced up at the willow's trailing boughs, Claudette barely remembered travelling here, fragments of sounds and flashes of smudged images rose to the surface if she really focused but her brain was still scrambled from the fever. She glanced down at herself, half terrified of what she would see. She was frighteningly thin and frail looking, the heat from her sickness having burned away a layer of fat. She could see the faint outline of her ribs and her knees were knobby and protuberant, it would take work and care to regain her strength. The area around her wound was spiderwebbed with dark pink lines, she could still feel some heat radiating from that spot but the rest of her felt normal, if drained. Her damaged wing was still stiff and would be unuseable for some time yet, but a flick of her eyes told her it would heal, she had sprained it worse before in tussles with her brother. Bracing herself, Claudette took a deep, experimental breath, and was relieved to feel her chest expand and contract again with only a slight twinge rather than feeling a grating pop of pain. Deathbringer was right, she would make it with some scars, but no debilitating damage if she was careful. "No... No, I'm alright, but... How?" she whispered.

Squeezing her eyes shut, Claudette fought the sudden heat of tears that rose behind her lashes, gulping as her throat tightened. "I can't believe I'm still here, much less in one piece after that...Skinwalker" She knew her attacker was no ordinary forest dweller. Her voice was still husky from disuse but it was now recognizable hers. Claudette opened her eyes again, meeting Deathbringer's fully for the first time since she had regained consciousness. Her gaze lingered on the small details of his face, he looked worn and exhausted, her mouth pinched in disapproval and worry that he clearly had gone without enough rest for quite some time. She wanted to snap at him to lay down and take a drink himself, but she held her tongue. She knew she would have done the same in his position.

Being here, looking at him, the painful memory of their last meeting rose in her chest. Would he ask her to leave again when she was fully recovered? She remembered his explanation now, he was trying to protect her, from him. She could understand the desire, even though it made her want to grate her teeth. Claudette too, was a predator in a sense, and although she didn't hunt other Soquili, common sense advised treading with some caution when in her presence. Deathbringer understood that part of her, could relate to that. Frustration simmered, she didn't want to be protected from him. Didn't want to be sent away again. She wanted... Claudette's blood heated as she remembered that moment right before they had discovered the graveyard was under attack. Shoving away that turmoil of emotions she spoke what rose to the surface most strongly.

"I missed you." she stated simply, her voice small but unwavering as she lifted her chin as if to defy her vulnerability in that moment.

Tirokio

Faithofthefallen
Crew

Tirokio

Kawaii Fairy

12,000 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 12:49 pm
Deathbringer had remained oddly silent for a moment in time, his eyes following hers as Claudette had finally assessed her ow state of being. True, that she was in horrific shape but it was still an improvement from when Grave had drug her back to the safety of the graveyard. The way she looked still would appear as flashes in his mind's eye, causing a vile churn of his stomach acids at the thought. He had to hand it to the healer, she'd done quite a fine job thus far in dragging her life back from the grasps of the reaper. Deathbringer had been used to seeing skeletal beings, skin taughtly wrapped around bones as every knobby surface was visible.

But he'd not seen one on someone living before, and it made him uneasy to see someone in a state with breath in their lungs.

Folding his ears back as she'd whispered something he'd been repeating to himself for many hours, he wasn't sure how to respond at first. Surely, it was thanks to some twist of fortune she'd managed to get so far....so close to his home. Fate he was now in the company of Grave, who'd somehow picked up on her and went to go save her despite having never met the mare before. Fate that he'd found a healer in time, and she held on long enough for him to return with her. He'd not heard of anyone escaping a skinwalker before when they had been so close to being devoured...he supposed the fates had other plans for her to not be ended that day.

"I don't know..." He admitted, even if she wasn't asking him directly. "If Grave hadn't been here....and that healer passing through, I don't think you would have been."

Her eyes had finally turned to his own, ruby and soil once more meeting as he was unable to break his gaze with her. He'd long forgotten (or more likely repressed) the image of her deathly beauty, perhaps a little more so with her hair flowing out in every which way; no longer neatly bound by her ribbons. The look in her eyes reminded him of a moment in their past, before they were to part...before this mess. He remembered so clearly the words teeming off his lips.

I have meant to ask....do you love me...?

It had gone unfinished, though, and he didn't feel right to try and ask her now of all things. Not when his eyes widened slightly as she offered him something to stew about for a while. I missed you. Oh, how he wished he could tell her the same, that perhaps....maybe...he was wrong to send her away. Deathbringer couldn't though, not when she stared up at him so defiantly, her strength gave him a small bit of amazement.

"You're a fool, Claudette..." He breathed, unable to help the affection and softness of his tone as he leaned down and pressed his cheek against her own. Exhaling against her neck as his eyes closed for a moment. Its going to be okay, now.

Faithofthefallen

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:01 pm

Claudette let out a gust of a sigh and shook her head. "I suppose its best not to dwell on what might have been. I'm simply grateful that its over, and I'm still here."

She let her eyes drop to study at the ground before her, misinterpreting the worry in his eyes about her appearance and feeling somewhat self conscious. She had never been a vain mare, but it was disconcerting to wake up and not recognize your own body, to feel like a stranger in your own skin. Claudette hadn't seen Deathbringer in ages and now that she was back in the graveyard, she was so weak, she knew even the simple act of standing would steal her breath until she could regain what was lost.

Her gaze flicked up, their eyes meeting once more. She weighed his reaction and flood of thoughts that flickered behind his eyes before he pressed his face against hers. Claudette felt a warmth flood her chest as some of the weight on her heart lifted. What had happened could not be forgotten, but it could be forgiven. In the end it had brought them closer to understanding one another. An impish smile danced at the corner of her mouth, she wanted to return the sentiment, but instead she let her lips press against his ear, "I know, I'll make a note to work on that." she breathed archly, a twinkle in her eyes.
Claudette laughed, and butted his chin affectionately, Deathbringer was as stubborn as they came, but she had fallen for him, faults and all. Someday she would find the righ time to admit it out loud.

Tirokio
I can't remember what we had plotted for the rest of this rp/what happens after this point xD Did we plot past this?

Faithofthefallen
Crew

Tirokio

Kawaii Fairy

12,000 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:59 am
His ear twitched ever so lightly as it was suddenly bombarded by by hot breath from her lips, his eyes opening in surprise but he did not move his head away. As she spoke against his sensitive lobe he could feel an electrical shock shoot down his spine as his skin crawled momentarily. How did she do this to him? He'd built his walls like his graves, without flaw of any kind. Deathbringer did suppose there wasn't a single soul like Claudette either, and it was just luck that she'd happened to come to his graveyard that night or the pair would have never met.

He'd never have left the graveyard.

He'd be....alone.

It was a heavier word, now a days. Before he'd accepted the word with all that was him, it was something akin with his own name. It was just there, something to embrace. He'd known no different, forgotten the feelings which came with company and companionship. Even with his beloved sister, he'd convinced himself of her radiant beauty, that she was the only one who he'd cherish...the only one he'd care about. Yet...her beauty paled in the moonlit glow of the mare beside him. There was simply no one who could compare, not even come close.

He was snapped out of his train of thought when his chin had been butted lightly, drawing his head far enough back to look into her eyes once more. He found a small smile creep onto his tired face, all due to her laugh which warmed his cold soul...it was really nice to hear laughter again - her's especially. Turning his head a little more he could pick up the heavy sound of footprints approaching, knowing it was Grave with food for the girls. "Here comes Grave...you'll need to find the energy to eat; then the unicorn will begin to heal you again." Whatever Miki was doing...it was working. She'd brought Claudette back from the gates of death, and he'd see fit that she wouldn't leave till she was out of the danger zone of regression. He would be able to take it from there.

He was about to call for the canine to hurry up when he normally would stop before the curtain of vine and ask to enter; but he was a bit surprised when he burst into the clearing. Dropping a mouthful of grasses and a few branches of berries he'd torn off the bush, it was looking at his face though that had Deathbringer stiffen up. Unspoken words between the two was enough for him, the fear in his eyes and the way he was clearly out of breath from running as fast as he possibly could back here meant one thing.

Skinwalker.

In light of recent events, it looked like revenge was the name of this game. Claudette was in no shape to move let alone run away; there was no way he could safeguard the three of them....Grave would have to protect the mares until Claudette was healed...there was only one option at this point. One he really wasn't thrilled about. Gritting his teeth as he cursed the damn bearwalker the stallion gave one unreserved hard nuzzle to Claudette's muzzle before he stood. "M-master..." Grave wheezed out, a pleading in his eyes he knew would be ignored. This however got the attention of Miki who awoke with a stir, looking as the scene played out before her. "Please....whatever it is you're thinking..." He shut his mouth as Deathbringer sent him a cold look. Miki stood quickly and moved to Grave, grabbing one of the branches of berries and taking it to Claudette's side. "I am Miki...your healer. Please, try and eat. It will aid healing..." Even she wasn't daft, the way the two were acting meant whatever had attacked her probably came back to finish the job.

"Grave..." Deathbringer spoke seriously. "Preservation law is in place. Your duty to this place is diminished, your new one lies with them until her health is returned. After, if need be...you find another keeper." Grave looked like he was about to cry, but nodded quietly. His eyes turned back down to Claudette, and he offered a small smile. "You owe me big, Claudette." Even though he wasn't sure if he would be able to collect his debt after this, he still wanted it to be known.

Faithofthefallen
Weeeeeeee sure did. XD Howl is back for round two, in which Deathbringer goes to fend her off (barely). He comes back in a sorry state of his own, in which then he collects is 'forever' debt from Claudette. ;D Then I think from there was where we left off as the saga is finally closed of breaking the keeper. XD <333

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 11:47 am

Claudette's eyebrows shot up, "Should I ask where you got a unicorn, Deathbringer?" she queried archly. She was surprised to find herself a bit nervous to meet this mystery healer, a pure soul devoted to healing, wasn't that the stereotype? She wondered how much this mare knew of her patient's habits. Physically, Claudette was indistinguishable from a fluttercorn, but in truth she was also part Kalona and part regular. She had never explored whether any of the powers from her father's bloodline had carried over. She had no talent for Kalona black magic, her grandfather had tested her abilities at a young age to be certain. She was small and light boned enough to fly short distances with her diaphanous wings, but she could not shrink like a flutter. She had always thought of her horn as merely a useful weapon but she wondered whether she did have any untapped talent. Claudette would never be any sort of healer, if she had the ability to cure illness or heal wounds she felt sure she would have known by now, but it could be useful to have an upper hand at helping Deathbringer maintain his health... She would have to think on that more when her strength returned.

Claudette was dreamily watching the branches sway above her head, already pondering another nap when she felt Deathbringer stiffen beside her and a tension thrummed in the air. Her gaze immediately flicked to grave and warning bells went off in her head. She froze in fear, she knew, the bearwalker had returned to finish the kill. It was terrible to know that a predator was near and that she would be helpless to do anything about it.
Her stomach churned with worry, she knew what Deathbringer would be planning, she saw the look he shot at Grave. Claudette's eyes were filled with a terrible fear as she looked up to meet Miki's gaze, "Thank you for helping me," she managed in a choked whisper. She took the berries but made no motion to eat them, her attention was fully locked on what was about to happen.

Her eyes were pleading when Deathbringer looked down at her, his words made her heart clench and the breath catch in her throat. She gazed at him hungrily, affixing his features in her memory. She wanted to ask him not to do this, to run, but she knew her words would fall on deaf ears. Deathbringer would not abandon his post, he would fight the skinwalker regardless of what she said. She didn't want to distract or burden him with fruitless pleas, so she swallowed the protests. Her eyes glistened with tears but she stubbornly held them back. "If you must do this... Take my knife with you, I wish I could help in some other way, but if I must stay here, at least take part of me with you... To defend yourself."

Her eyes said everything as she held his gaze with her own, she managed a small smile at his proclamation. "I probably shouldn't agree before hearing your terms, but under the circumstances... We can work out the details when you come back." Because he had to come back. Her heart wasn't strong enough to survive losing him so soon after they had made up again.

Tirokio

Faithofthefallen
Crew

Tirokio

Kawaii Fairy

12,000 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 5:52 pm
Deathbringer raised a brow, his eyes casting to the side to meet with the unicorn he'd brought back for her, he truly didn't see why it mattered where he got her. He was more concerned that she didn't run back to where he had found her before she was done with his bidding. He didn't believe she would, if he was honest with himself Deathbringer knew she would stay till Claudette was at full health once more. To why she would do such a thing was beyond his comprehension but he was grateful for it regardless.

She didn't seem the truly typical unicorn he'd encountered before, but he supposed everyone had their quirks.

Returning his attention and gaze to Claudette he felt his chest tighten, he could see the water resting against her tired eyes; but her stubborn resolve had kept those tears from falling. It was a good thing, for him, as he wasn't sure he could turn and leave if she had. "I must." He replied, simply, giving a nod as he took a few steps and took her knife in his teeth; turning his head to put it back into the resting spot it had prior on his necklace. Remembering his skull mask was back at the entrance of the graveyard he gave a sight grin. "I wont accept anything but your complete submission to my demand, Claudette. Remember that."

As he turned to leave he could see Grave, tail between his legs as the damned creature looked like he would start bawling at any moment; Deathbringer groaning loudly. "If you wish to help make sure he doesn't cry, its unbecoming for a male to weep." He sneered, using his leg to gently push him out of his way before he headed through the willow's protective tendrils and into his graveyard. Only stopping once at the entrance of the graveyard to retreive his skull mask and affixed it to his face once more. A deep sigh rattled his being as his brown eyes turned back to take in his 'garden', hoping it wouldn't be the last time he laid sights on it but truly...

It could be.

Without another word, he headed out into the woods, following the scent Grave had left behind which would bring him to this skinwalker.

~~~~~~~~~

She had remained silent while Deathbringer had said his farewell, her eyes dancing between the three as they made their peace and the keeper had left as quietly as he came. It was hard to keep her skin from crawling as she'd realized there was a skin walker present, but it was not the first time she had been in the presence of evil...and probably would not be the last.

"Do not fret, Miss. Even beyond his threats, it is my tasking to heal those who need healing." She smiled, kindly and settled down beside her. "You are not out of the woods yet, best be resting and regaining your strength for when he returns." She reached her head over and touched her horn to Claudette's once more, the gentle purple glow taking over once more as she let the magic flow into the mare. Yet truly...she couldn't help but wonder if he would return, he did not hold traits of the stronger soquili she'd seen in the world....how could he fair against a skinwalker bred for death?

Grave turned his head, dropping to his haunches as he let out a low growl, trying to rid himself from his emotions as he knew he had to guard the mares, for master. He couldn't do that if he was wallowing in his sorrow, taking a deep breath he glanced to them; Claudette was once more being healed....hopefully she would be on her feet soon - just in case he had to move them from the graveyard.

He hoped it wouldn't come to that, since being close to the actual skinwalker graveyard who knew what could truly be beyond the walls of their home. The rot in these walls had kept them safe for so long...but truly, they were never really far from danger.

Faithofthefallen

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:36 am

Claudette's eyes remained affixed to Deathbringer as she beckoned to Grave, offering him her support, she would also take strength from his presence. "If you come back to us, I will agree to anything." his fervent demand for her agreement confused her, but she trusted him as she had not trusted anyone outside of her family, if he needed her agreement so desperately, it was important, and she didn't want him distracted with worry over whether she would comply.

She watched him leave, her chest tight with emotion. Miki's words were a scant comfort, a sudden coolness washed through her, pushing back the pain and stilling the trembling in her weak limbs. She turned to the unicorn, desperate, "Is there anything you can do so that I can go with him? I would protect him if I only had the strength." It burned her pride and wounded her heart that she couldn't fight alongside Deathbringer, she knew in her present state she would be a liability, and she knew she was asking for a miracle, but she had to know. Claudette swore to herself if she had any sense that he wouldn't be coming back to her she was going after him regardless of the consequences. She smiled wearily at the unicorn, wondering if the mare would try to stop her if she tried to follow him.

Her red eyes burned with hate as she glared at where the imagined the skinwalker was waiting. "If you hurt him, I will find you." she whispered with fury thick in her voice.

Tirokio

Faithofthefallen
Crew

Tirokio

Kawaii Fairy

12,000 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:35 pm
"I am afraid not...you need to be healed from the inside out...the other way around will only keep you closer to death." Miki said softly, a whisper as she kept her concentration on healing the mare. "I mean not to pry into the business of those I heal...but I have been around a long time." The unicorn was no spring chicken anymore, time had aged her...she had loved, and lost, seen the light..and the darkness of the world. Oh, the tales the gypsy could tell....but, when it came to fairy tails....that was a subject close to her heart. Her eyes softened, her horn seem to glow a little brighter at the warm feelings radiating in her soul. "You are protecting something very precious to him right now...whether you know it or not."

She was sure the mare had an idea though. "Stallions who head off to battle often leave their most vulnerable treasure at home. Their heart." She tilted her head, enough to look the mare in the eyes. "So guard it....from what I've seen of him since we met; its never been seen by another."

Gravedigger could no longer smell Deathbringer on the breeze, looking out into the quiet of the graveyard. It was clear a walker was around....not even the insects and night birds dared make a sound for fear the death trailing close behind. He gave a shiver, his hackles rising at the memory of running into her once more. Bearwalker....he had never seen one prior. His pack and he had come across other wolf walkers, even felines...but a bear. Natural bears were hard to deal with...let alone the monstrosity of the mare. Rising to his paws he headed back into the protection of the willow, coming to Claudette's side as she was nursed back to health. He'd been listening to everything that was said between them, clearing his throat as the large wolf's eyes drifted down to her.

"I will stop you." Grave warned, although it sounded like he would need to convince himself of this too. "Master has asked you to stay, and I will keep you here...keep you safe. I will not fail him." His determination laced thick on it, dropping to his belly as he laid and stared out on high alert....it was going to be a long, long night.

-------- gaia_star ---------
Several hours later

Grave was pacing, the sun had long since rose into the sky, nearly half way to mid day; he was a mess of nerves and irritability all bundled into a furry package. How long did it take to best a bear walker, did he draw it away further....perhaps he was merely taking the time to bury the beast...his prize? No...he would have wanted to add such a trophy as that to the graveyard. The wolf was determined not to let his mind wander to the fact that Deathbringer could lose....he wouldn't go there. No, his master would prevail and return to him - to them. The grass was worn from his neurotic movements, back and forth; occasionally stopping for one to two moments to take a deep breath, listen, look...then his body would drive into motion once again.

"Mister Grave....You need to rest too." Miki spoke, having taken a break from Claudette at sunrise to replenish her magic...it would be time soon when she could begin again but now her attention was on the wolf. He growled and frowned shooting the unicorn a glare as it was clear he was in no mood to be lectured - not by the likes of her at any rate. Miki shrugged it off, not really bothered by the rather defensive display and rose to her own legs.

Her eyes trailed over to the other mare, her plastered pleasant smile once more stretching on her face as she walked over. "Claudette...can you try and stand for me? I think you should be able to after our last healing...and it will show me our progress. Should you feel weak I will be here to catch you." She moved to her side, positioned and ready; at the very least, if Claudette had some mobility they would be in a lot safer of circumstance than with a downed immobile mare.

Faithofthefallen
I will bring Deathbringer back next post. :3

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 10:59 am
Claudette squeezed her eyes closed with regret, but nodded her acceptance. She knew Miki was not her enemy, she was the reason she was still alive to worry over Deathbringer, but she could not help the stab of murderous fury that flared within her at the frustrating, albeit expected, news that she was as helpless as a lamb for the time being. She hated being helpless, and she hated that she couldn't see even a trace of Deathbringer any more.

Claudette turned to the unicorn, her crimson eyes gaze softening. She loved Deathbringer, she expected nothing in return for those feelings, simply wanted to be near him, to talk to him, to care for him, but she wondered... What would have happened between them that night those grave robbers had triggered his rage. Whatever had been in his eyes the moment before they heard the crash had sent her heart pounding. She thought she had seen a ghost of it before he left, but it was buried beneath a murderous fury, and a grim determination.

Her heart ached at the other mare's words, she wanted them to be true, although they still scared her a little.

"No. No I don't think it has... " she murmured, trailing off into a thoughtful silence. Her cheeks colored at her healer's insinuation. Miki's eyes were too knowing, too wise, she understood far more than she said. Claudette's mother had been broken by a life mating gone wrong, her father had not been able to accept Jezabelle more than superficially. Neither mare blamed him, he had meant well, had truly loved Belle as best as he was able to, but they were not right for each other. Would not have tried to forge a lie together had Jezabelle's unexpected pregnancy not made them so giddy with excitement. So she was afraid of opening herself to love, but... She now thought it was worth the risk. Having experienced what life would be like without him for a while, she would rather try with everything in her, than run away out of fear. Claudette felt a fierce regret that she had not admitted her love before Deathbringer had gone, she promised herself, if he came back. When he came back, she would be brave enough to take that risk.

Claudette smiled despite her worry at Grave's determination, she had seen him fight, he had saved her life, not only did she know that arguing with him would be pointless right now, she didn't want to repay his kindness by distressing him any more. "I'm not going anywhere" she admitted reluctantly, "I would collapse before I could get out of the graveyard. We'll wait together..."

----------

Despite all odds and her conviction that she would not be able to sleep even a wink, her weakness and exhaustion from the healing had overcome her and she had drifted off into sleep just before dawn. She tossed and turned, restless, and plagued by terrible dreams that made her whimper and cringe. She awoke near mid day to Grave's restless pacing and lay in the shelter of the tree, her eyes squinted nearly closed against the unfamiliar light of day. She had never seen the sun before, and quite honestly, the glare of it made her nervous and on edge. The sun didn't pierce her eyes the way it did for her mother, but she had been raised to be nocturnal like the rest of her family. She preferred the gentle glow of starlight, the cool darkness over what she privately thought was an ostentatious and unnecessary overuse of light. Where was the subtlety? What were those ridiculous white things she could spy through the branches drifting overhead. Clouds? Who knew clouds were white? She was dismayed by how different colors looked during the day and longed to go back to sleep until the more familiar evening, but Deathbringer had still not returned and her muscles were as tight as a bowstring as she squinted towards the patch of woods he had vanished in.

Claudette's eyes flicked to Miki when she spoke, she understood the mare was trying to be helpful, trying to distract her from the pain of uncertainty, but she was wavering on the edge of a vicious temper. Had she more strength and her blade she might have made a lunger for the mare before she could calm herself. That said, her normally kind eyes were hostile as she took in the unicorn's face. One deep breath, two, three. She relaxed and nodded, "I'll try," she said doubtfully, a hint of a growl in her voice as she hesitated. She remembered all to well how helpless it had made her feel to try and fail to stand, and could hardly believe that a unicorn's magic could restore that much strength to wasted limbs overnight, but she would try. Pulling her legs closer, she slowly, shakily rose to her feet, leaning on Miki heavily until she had her limbs straightened and then slowly shifting away to take over the weight of her own body. She was stiff and sore, her muscles had lost their tone, but they no longer felt like overcooked noodles. Her heart squeezed and then released, and her gaze, when she met Miki's eyes was tearful. "Thank you!" she whispered, the rage replaced by heartfelt gratitude. "My horn has always been a weapon, Its amazing to see that it can be used to heal as well." she thought about that. Phenotypically, she looked like an alicorn, but her blood was diluted by her mother's bloodline, but... maybe... "Do you think... Do you think I have any healing magic?" she asked in a small voice.

Tirokio

Faithofthefallen
Crew

Tirokio

Kawaii Fairy

12,000 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 1:22 pm
It was fortunate for the mare that the one thing she had learned in abundance from her time traveling the world was patience...something she had little of as a filly now was a leading feeling in all the life choices she made. She could see the irritability on her face, making a bemused note she was not so different than the wolf or the gravekeeper. It was almost as if they were a little family of sorts. The intent of her gaze did not go unnoticed, however, she had a job to do as well if she wanted to keep her life and health - as was reminded plenty during the last two days with Deathbringer. "Try is all I ask....I believe in your strength." Miki assured, and prepared her body to accept any and all weight that would fall upon her.

Steadying her legs as she watched with a careful eye as she pulled herself to her hooves, her breathing strained a little as she accepted the weight. "That's it.." A breath out, calming her soul, before the weight began to disperse...Claudette was standing on her own. Miki kept her body close to the mare's in case her balance was merely a side effect of adrenaline of standing but the longer the mare stayed upright on her own the more her own body shifted to stand on her own as well. Sweeping her gaze to the mare's wing, and then her side, she happened to meet the teary gaze of Claudette and offered a warm smile in return.

This....was why she did what she did.

"You are welcome, Claudette. I am truly glad the spirits spared you, and that I could help you regain some of your health back. While she was not done in the slightest; this was good progress. If they needed to move they would be able to, making their predicament all the more safe.

Miki raised a brow, looking up to her horn and donning a thoughtful expression. "I would not be able to tell you for sure...for I do not know your history. My parents are both full blooded unicorns, so along with Angeni we are the most prolific healers. Your horn did amplify the healing magic I gave to you....so perhaps with some honing you could harness it." She smiled, "To the level you could be heal...well, that would be up just how much training and magic you have in your soul." She pressed her nose against the mare's neck, "You will never know until you try. I can show you some pointers, once you have completely healed. Magic takes a lot out of you, and you need all you can to heal yourself first."

Grave had been listening to the mares, watching out of the corner of his eye as Claudette had stood up on her own...releasing a breath he'd held the entire struggle to right herself. Master would be pleased, as the mare had already planned...they were safer if they all had mobility. Inhaling once more his body stiffened as he whipped his body in the direction he could smell it....blood, heavily saturated. It was similar to how it smelt around Claudette when he came upon her; the wolf's heart pounding as he let out a low, rumbling growl from his jowls. His eyes trained on the trail out of the graveyard when he saw it, masked in the shadows stood Deathbringer; still....but there was no mistaken. "Master!!!" Grave cried out, kicking up dirt as he bolted to the walls of the graveyard; panic welling in him before he skidded to a stop a few meters away; his hackles raising as his rage boiled at his condition.

Deathbringer was indeed, a sight.

It was hard to tell where one wound began, and the other ended, blood had changed the color of his black pelt to a dirty and matted deep red; deep lacerations ran along his flanks and neck, a prominent gash lined wound across his face where it looked like he had been bit, one eye closed from either injury or too much blood on his face. He held in his mouth the blade, drenched, as droplets fell from his mouth whenever he exhaled another pained, exhausted, and ragged breath. Even staring into his one good eye it was so distance, hazed as it was clear he was running on nothing but the last puffs of his adrenaline. "M...Master..." He whined out, tail low as he crept a little further, seeing the heavy trail of blood behind him...oh, those gaping wounds on his back looked even worse closer.

"Cl....clau..." He stammered slowly, teeth still clenched tightly on her knife as he refused to let go, his skin seeming to tremble.

Was....she alright? He had to know....he refused to give into unconsciousness till he knew.

Faithofthefallen

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:54 am

Claudette's warmth towards Miki didn't fade, she was truly thankful for the work the mare had done on her behalf, but at the mention of her history her eyes grew distant, closed off. Out of habit, she was wary of mentioning her mother's lineage, they were known within the Kawani lands, especially since her great grandfather had formed the herd and concentrated the bloodline, most often, the reaction to the reveal was either pity or disgust, or some combination of the two. Claudette was not ashamed of her family in the slightest, but while her continued health and well being depended on this mare, she couldn't trust her with her past. Not yet. Still, a stir of excitement in her stomach, "It did?" she wondered, "I'd like that. Even if it came to nothing, it seems like a dead useful skill to have." Her mind wandered back to when she had nursed Deathbringer through that terrifying illness, if he ever got sick again, it would be good to be able to do more than mop his brow and keep him company. She didn't quite realize that she was already planning to be there if there was a next time, if Deathbringer tried to send her away again, she wouldn't leave without a fight this time.... Her heart sunk. But... What if that had been his final term? What if she had already promised him she would leave once she could travel? Claudette's breathing quickened in quiet panic, she didn't have time to follow that line of worry for long before Grave cried out and took off across the graveyard. Her head whipped around instantly, and almost as quickly the thick scent of blood perfumed the air. Her eyes glazed for a moment, her breath hitching as hunger stretched lazily within her, but she shoved that to the side for now because...

Deathbringer was back.

At first, the sight of him made her heart lurch with excitement, he was home! He had survived! Until her head connected the thick scent with his arrival and then panic and horror set in. She swallowed the lump in her throat, hysterics would not be helpful. She could break down later. She realized she was already moving, her stumbling gate carrying her as fast as possible towards where Deathbringer tottered, his blood watering the grass at an alarming rate. "Miki!" she called, panic and tears in her voice as she drew up to him. She was breathing heavily, her legs shaking from their exertion, she worried they would collapse but it felt as though her heart was pumping pure adrenaline rather than blood and she was suddenly sure, if she had to, she could swing the stallion before her over her back and carry him back up to Miki at a run. Gone, was her discomfort with the daylight, all she cared about was getting him to safety.

Claudette hovered around him anxiously, her heart breaking, her blood boiling in rage at the skin walker, wanting to support him, but not wanting to hurt him by pressing against his wounds. She had to act, Miki and Grave couldn't bring him to safety alone, he was closer to passing out with each pump of his heart. She pressed against his side, lending him her body as a crutch, she winced at the trembling in his limbs. "Come on, lets get you patched up, you're going to be fine." Her voice was eerily calm and steady, her emotions shoved to the side to be dealt with at a later time. Could Miki fix this damage? Then again, she had been at death's door when she had been brought here, but if the unicorn was worn out from healing her, would she have enough to save his life? Claudette wondered if the small amount of unicorn blood she possessed could act as an amplifier for Miki to heal Deathbringer as well? She would offer her strength in case, because they all had to make it through today... They had to.

Tirokio

Faithofthefallen
Crew

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out