Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Deus Ex Machina, a humble training facility located on a remote island. 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities
[1v1] Hawkeyeing It (Melvin/Chance)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MoonKitsune

Romantic Exhibitionist

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:49 pm
The dummy bounced back on its stand, frayed and dripping with plasma that faded out. It was good practice after all this time without a weapon, but in the end, a dummy was just a dummy.

Every few minutes, Melvin leaned back and glanced around, but all the other people passing to different fields were already talking to a partner. It wasn't often he could admit it to himself, but he was as hungry for a bit of stimulated combat as much as Saliva was.

I'm finally growing on you after all these years.

Like a mold. He teased back before he perked up as another hunter devoid of anyone else came past.

"Hey, sparring alone?" He asked, hoping to not come off as too desperate.

kuuropii

kuropeco rolled 1 20-sided dice: 7 Total: 7 (1-20)
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:16 am
Chance was still trying to figure out ways to fight against close-combat weapons when one possessed a long-range weapon, which was why he was out on the training field yet again. He'd spent part of the morning attempting to use the bow as something other than a bow - grasping it by the handle and swinging it around, but the balance wasn't great, and there was no real outcome of this except the possibility of smacking someone like a little kid.

He'd have to figure something else out.

Chance meandered along the upper field and passed an unfamiliar blonde haired trainee who called out to him. He slowed his steps and turned, a smile on his face.

"Hey," he said lightly. "And yeah, I am. You looking for a partner or something?"

moonkitsune

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

MoonKitsune rolled 1 20-sided dice: 5 Total: 5 (1-20)

MoonKitsune

Romantic Exhibitionist

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:30 pm
kuuropii
You first. OuO

"Yes! I need something to shoot at." He said eagerly before he caught himself. "I mean someone to spar with."

He held up Saliva, the blood-red gun with green runics, and smiled back at him. "Been shooting dummies and it's starting to make my eyes cross. You're not meeting up with anyone, are you?"

kuropeco rolled 2 8-sided dice: 5, 5 Total: 10 (2-16)
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:47 pm
Chance laughed. "I'd be glad to spar with - and shoot at - you, if you'll allow me to. It's not often I get to fight someone with a long range weapon, so it's pretty exciting to be able to actually be on even grounds, so to speak - though you look like you've been here longer than I have," he added with a smile.

He took several steps back, and readied his bow.

"Not at all. I can completely understand the frustrations of shooting at something that doesn't move, so..."

Chance released the first arrow without hesitation, shifting one foot in front of the other.

"I'm Chance, by the way."

HP: 40
DMG: 4

moonkitsune
sorry for delay, rl stuff @@

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

MoonKitsune rolled 2 10-sided dice: 8, 9 Total: 17 (2-20)

MoonKitsune

Romantic Exhibitionist

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:46 am
He was impressed to see not a gun, but a bow. "Oh, I don't see too many of you around. Long range is rare, but a bow isn't something I get to see. Must be tough." He said, taking the hit as he tried to tilt his body away from it to no avail.

Rubbing his shoulder, he rose the red gun up, only because he couldn't call it anything but the shape of a gun. It wasn't a pistol or shotgun but some deformed, glob of red with green runics but was still, in form, a gun.

Raising Saliva, he narrowed his eyes and fired, going for a clean shot.

HP: 46/50
Dmg: 11

kuuropii

kuropeco rolled 2 8-sided dice: 2, 1 Total: 3 (2-16)
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:39 pm
Chance slid the bow through his fingers, feeling the icy coldness of it against the palm of his hand. He wasn't wearing his gloves, so the temperature of the weapon itself seemed to seep into him; it didn't bother him, really. If anything, it was a comfortable reminder of their bond.

"It's a little awkward at times, yes," he said with a laugh, as Melvin's shot collided with his shoulder. It sent Chance spinning sideways, and he quickly shifted, trying to regain his footing.

"You an intermediate, then?"

HP: 29
DMG: 0

moonkitsune

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

MoonKitsune rolled 2 10-sided dice: 5, 6 Total: 11 (2-20)

MoonKitsune

Romantic Exhibitionist

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:48 pm
"I found shooting a gun awkward at first. Not something I ever did growing up. Hunting once but wasn't great at it. Now I find firing a gun somewhat relaxing." He gave Saliva a nice squeeze and felt comfortable. oddly so now that he really focused on it in comparison to when he first started.

"I have to wonder how I'd feel with a real gun at times."

Aiming again, he lined up and fired.

"Yes, Intermediate, but I'm hoping to get promoted at some point." He had started to lag behind the others too much.

HP: 46/50
Dmg: 5
Chg: 2/3

kuuropii

kuropeco rolled 2 8-sided dice: 3, 5 Total: 8 (2-16)
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:18 pm
A quick once-over of Melvin indicated that he was most likely a higher rank than Chance was; average height, blonde-haired, glasses, a strange looking gun for a weapon that wasn't really a rifle or an actual pistol, but a strange mix of several things. His personality was relatively calm, though Chance thought that it was more serious than the sort of laid-back, mild-mannered and easygoing atmosphere that Chance himself usually attempted to produce.

Which there was nothing wrong with. He smiled at the other man.

"I've never been hunting," he admitted, glancing at his own weapon before trying to dodge away from Melvin's next shot. It grazed his first leg and snapped against his other, making him jump from one foot to the next, twisting around to fix his form and line up a shot. "I wasn't ever put in that sort of position - " Thankfully, since he did not take well to blood. " - but I've found shooting a bow and arrow to be surprisingly easier than I initially thought."

He was right - Melvin was an intermediate. Chance fired off his next shot, the arrow whistling through the air.

"I'm sure you'll get there soon," he said lightly. "You seem very well-rounded and professional to me."

HP: 24
DMG: 2

moonkitsune

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

MoonKitsune rolled 2 10-sided dice: 5, 1 Total: 6 (2-20)

MoonKitsune

Romantic Exhibitionist

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 12:32 pm
"Thanks for that, but the leads are a bit choosy with who they give that title to and I'm not sure if I meet the standard. I haven't exactly killed anything or done anything that great."

He turned, the arrow sailing and knicking him on the side, and he watched it as it darted against his shield and flew off. "I bet if you went, you'd be a sure shot in bagging something. I've wanted to try a shooting range for a while now to see if I match up outside of Deus with aim." That and he kind of wanted to brag to normal people by showing that the 'nerd' could actually hit something.

Lining up, he fired and watched his aim miss. "Well, I could always improve."

He decided to test something else. "How about a bit of a range battle. We step farther away and see if we can hit each other?"

HP: 44/50
Dmg:
Chg: 2/3

kuuropii

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out