.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Suka'Fumo Lands [IC]
[Event] The New King [ORP] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Zingling generated a random number between 1 and 50 ... 13!

Zingling

Timid Conversationalist

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 12:24 pm
(Will fill out soon)  
magnadearel generated a random number between 1 and 50 ... 43!
PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:53 pm
Juitris

This party had already descended a notch in her mind. He could have kept things classy, instead he'd chosen not. Juitris turned her attention away from the new king. Pretty much a cold shoulder. Their talk from before suddenly making sense, and the female pushed it from her mind. Juitris turned her attention to the entertainment. She hoped it would prove classy enough for someone of her rank to enjoy. If she got bored with it, she could always go and look at the attempts by the crafters. Sometime, sometime they had good things on offer.

A definitely purple lion jumped up in a definitely non-purple way. What was going on with this pride?! Juitris laid her ears back in disgust all over again. With the king's announcement, his pride was going down a merry hole. Well she would certainly not be participating! However, her son was a light in her day. Juitris nodded. True the king was much too pale for any of her daughters, poor thing. "Your right, but I wish he would have thought of the pride and picked someone just slightly more suitable. I fear the choice of his mate may have affected the good sense of the pride." Another look down her nose was case at the purple male player. Really!

Elfleda

Thankfully the blow didn't come. It could have been because of their mother's watchful eye too. Kei could plan something once they were alone. Elfleda was quickly distracted though by an entertaining voice. While the male was indeed purple, it wasn't him that really held her attention. It was the bright blue-green bird that landed on his head. Her attention was pulled back to the male by the words, "everyone gets to be a player" and her eyes widen. The purple female leaned in close to her siblings. "Mother would never allow anyone to tell her she wasn't a noble."

Lucky for the male, he wasn't addressing Juitris directly, but the whole group. Otherwise those might have been fighting words. It sounded extremely fun. Elfleda knew her mother would be highly disapproving if any of her children went up there and acted like common players. She eyed the birds that had joined the pair. One in particular caught her eye. "Mmmmm he's a pretty one isn't he?" Surely their mother would approve of a purple bird right?

The twin ducked her head down and glanced around. "Alright, I'm going for it!" She whispered to her siblings. Except how? Their mother would probably march up to the stage and drag her off by her ear. Which would probably be funny for the crowd and get her the highest rating. Except it would be incredibly embarrassing to her. Not the way she wanted to win. Elfleda glanced around and hit on a brilliant idea. "I'm going in disguise." The young lioness slipped away in search of a good disguise. She needed to be so her mother wouldn't recognize her. Easier said than done.

Elfleda scouted around the edges of the gathering. There was some moss there that would make a great cape, and some hanging moss that she could drape over her head. She settled her disguise around her shoulders. That should do the trick! Now what to do? She didn't have much skill at entertaining. The female thought hard as she made her way to the line of others also entering. She watched as the first lioness did an impressed tumble from the boulder. Then there was the melodrama from the lioness acting out some poor cheetah's story. Elfleda snorted, unlady like.

Next up was a dance. It was elegant in its way. What was she going to do? She didn't want to repeat any acts either. It also occurred to her as she waited for her turn, that her mother would recognize her voice. Which meant she couldn't speak, except maybe to make noises. That made it more difficult. She wracked her brain as she got closer and closer to her turn.

Finally the moss covered female was there. All eyes were upon her. Elfleda shuffled her feet, almost ready to bolt. Then she noticed the way the moss moved with her. Inspiration! She shuffled more crouched down to keep as much of herself hidden as possible. She was a moss monster! Elfleda did her best to disguise her voice as she moaned and shuffled pretending to stalk anyone close to the boulder. First on her list was the lion who started this. Her eyes were on the bird as she took a very obvious and slow swipe at the blue-green bird.

SilverLutz

nessiaing

Kathryn Dragonna

Cajanic

magnadearel

Cajanic generated a random number between 1 and 2 ... 2!

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:45 am
OoC

Quote:
Sorry everyone! I got caught up in RL and let this die. I will go through and respond to everything + more the plot along ASAP! For now, I'm just going to quickly wrap up the contest so I can get back to the main RP.

magnadearel wins first pick!
Velveteen Angel gets second pick
nessiaing gets third pick
Andranis gets whatever's left ^^

(based on the rolls above 1 = Andranis, 2 = nessiaing)

and Zingling I will color something for you. ^^

Andranis

nessiaing

Velveteen Angel

magnadearel

Zingling

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:50 am
OMG! Thank you Caj! And congrats to the other winners. I don't know how much I will be around today so I am going to leave my pref list here so I don't hold anyone else up.

1.Cream Birdy
2. Blue Birdy
3. Green Birdy
4. Pink Birdy  

nessiaing

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:16 am
Bwana nodded hello to Lalaith, who seemed to be trembling on his feet. The green male offered Bwana an awkward, but respectful bow before turning his attention back to Par. It seemed looking at her helped keep him calm, at least. Bwana didn't mind, and chuckled at his daughter's question. "I'm sure he would be happy if you just kept calling him Dromio," he assured the lightly. He still found it weird when lions referred to him as king, and he had been in charge for years.

Lalaith and Bwana were both struck dumb and silent when she mentioned the cubs, though for entirely different reasons. Lalaith let out a loud whimper. "Ah- y-yes," he said weakly, "i-it was an agreement that seemed to benefit everyone!"

Bwana, meanwhile, narrowed his eyes at this boy, suddenly very serious. "I see," he said somewhat menacingly. He looked at Hinekiri, who didn't seem nearly as unhappy about the news as he was. Perhaps it was just his obligation as father to dislike hearing certain things about their personal lives. He smiled at Kiri, nodding.

"It certainly seems so! Perhaps instead of king, I can become the babysitter of the pride."

Speaking of babysitting- the cub who looked just like him spoke again, letting him know her name. "Rogue-Gorge Bon-Garçon," the lion repeated, "oh my! That is quite a lovely name. I will call you Rogue, alright? You can call me Grandpa Bwana!"
Velveteen Angel

Lorne immediately perked up when Tabt came to join him, the happy lion returning her nuzzle with one of his own. He grinned at her, nodding when she asked him if he was having a good time.

"How could I not be?" He replied lightly, "not only are we getting a new king, but a new queen as well! And look at her! She has no purple on her pelt- a real beauty!" He paused for a moment, before turning to look at the sea green lioness once more.

"Of course, you're the prettiest in this pride," he told her with a warm smile, "but the queen comes in a distant second, I think. And her having no purple might mean the pride is going to go through changes! Perhaps we'll even get more respect around here!"

He watched as she went to dance for the contest,deciding to let out as much applause as he could manage. He cheered happily for her, excited to see her showing her dancing to such a large group of lions.
nessiaing

Dromio, still feeling a bit guilty about blurting things out in all his excitement, observed the reactions of the other members of the pride. Fairly positive reactions, from what he could see. Of course some of the older nobles would be very displeased with the news. But, well, he wasn't looking to please the old nobles anyway. He wanted change, and from the beginning he knew not everyone was going to be happy about it.

But he didn't want his queen to suffer. He should have been better about his announcement. The way his father had eyed him had told him that. It wasn't a disapproving look about the mate he had taken, but about his actions in general.

That hadn't been very kingly.

He looked back at Dulce, smiling faintly. She seemed to be taking it well, but he was still worried he had upset her. Or, more importantly, got her the scorn of some of the pride members. "You will be amazing," he assured her with a nuzzle, "I never had any doubt about that."
Buffy_the_Bloody

Borachio was excited to see so many lions participating in his contest, and he made sure that he took note of all the reactions that were garnered from the crowd from each and every act. It certainly looked like everyone was having a good time!

But it was clear from the crowd who the winner was- Elfleda was clearly the one who had captured the hearts of the majority of the lions watching. They had enjoyed her games, though Philostrate didn't look quite as amused to have his feathers ruffled a bit by the scare. Though everyone had preformed amazingly and he was a little nervous about claiming just one winner. So he had a chat with the birds and they were happy to agree to serving any and all who might want to use them.

"Alright!" The purple lion spoke up again, grinning, "It looks like we have a winner!" He grinned down at Elfleda, "you may pick whomever you would like to have serve you. And the other birds will do to the other participants!"
magnadearel

(OoC: The plot will progress in the next post I make. ^^)  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:22 am
Dulce' could have never been mad at Dromio.. He could do no wrong, to her. She smiled warmly when he nuzzled her, offering a little purr.
"How could I do wrong with you by my side, Dromio?" She asked, her eyes alight with excitement.

Truthfully the idea of being a queen was like an adventure. She was going to have to be the best she could.. She knew from the noble glances that she was in for a journey.. But she knew she could do it. She believed in herself, and she believed in Dromio..

"I hope not." She teased, pulling back to n** oh so gently at his jawline. "I'd have to wonder why you chose me, in that case." She smiled again, leaning in so only he could hear.

"I'm not afraid. I'm actually rather excited." Her tail swished side to side, as she tried to hide the excitement that was building in her. She was going to be queen.. She couldn't believe it, really. She had come from a life of nothing, and here she was... In love with Dromio, the King, and she was to be his queen. It wouldn't do to show too much excitement. Someone might think perhaps her intentions were impure in that case.

Buffy_the_Bloody

Tipsy Bloodsucker

10,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:47 am
Juitris

With half her mind she watched the lions stupidly participating in the games. Not that she would notice them until she wanted to. It wasn't an official play either. Just a reason for noble lions to act stupid. So the lioness was only paying half attention until something really interesting could catch her interest. Instead she watched her growing cubs. Juitris frowned slightly. Where was one of the twins? She could have sworn both were sitting there just a moment ago. The female looked around expecting to see her and didn't.

She glanced back at those participating in the stupid game. While she didn't see any lioness that looked like her cub there was one lion that was mostly covered in moss who looked suspiciously purple underneath. She really hoped that wasn't one of her girls.

Elfleda

She giggled at the bird's ruffled feathers. However, it surprised her when the others found her game amusing as well. So much so that she got first pick of the birds. Elfleda tossed her head excitedly, which dislodged some of the moss hiding her. She padded over to the waiting birds and gently pawed the purple vulture, "you, I pick you."

SilverLutz

nessiaing

Kathryn Dragonna

(Eeeeee birdy. So much family drama =D Thank you Caj!
I'll go with this purply birdy for Elfleda.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 5:55 pm
Rogue got off Bwana's tail and gave his side a nuzzle. "I like being called Rogue. Grandpa Bwana, why are you so big?" To the cub, he was huge, and she wanted to know why. Of course asking questions worked better when one stuck around for the answers. The young cub was not known for having a very long attention span when there was so much going on around her. It might have been a lot of what got her into such trouble.

She got distracted from the other adults and decided to go bother the new king. He looked fun. Well, more like an easy target. He was distracted by the pretty lioness, so Rogue could get right up to him without him seeing her approach. the cub made a rush for the male and tried to tackle his tail, but instead ended up getting the back of his back leg. She would have to work on her aim later, but for now, she held onto that leg and tried not to get dislodged from it.

Cajanic
everybody's favorite pain in the rump strikes again

Fabius saw his sister join the rather rambunctious activities and frowned. He could not let his mother see that or it would upset her! He tried to get his mother's attention on the farthest thing from Elf that could hold her distain. the male spotted Yofiel and her guest Seiki, both quite noble in coloration, and decided they would make the perfect distraction. They were dancing about as if not a thing bothered them about the activities and with their coloring, they should not be.

Fabius knew that his sister was the moss covered lioness. He just knew it, so he had to get his mother's attention on the others. "Mother, do you see that, there's a noble, a newer lioness to the pride, and her purple guest acting like fools, dancing around like some common players." He really hoped his distraction worked for Elf's sake. They did not need their mother angry at them. While he wanted to be his mother's favorite, he also did not want any of his siblings to be disliked by her.

magnadearel
distraction to the rescue?

Yofiel paused in dancing to watch the birds go fluttering out to the 'winners.' She did hope the dancing was not going to stop over just this. Sure the contest was over, but why not keep having fun? She would have to see if more dancing was going to happen, but for now she had a male to enjoy the company of. The purple and gold lioness leaned on Seiki's side and nuzzled him, lovingly. "You know, Seiki, you should think about staying and keeping me company... I could use a good mate, you know."

Zingling

Kathryn Dragonna

Romantic Streaker

Velveteen Angel

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 5:21 am
((Yay, thanks Caj! I'll take the green birdy for Parachichi c: I'll try to sneak a RP tag in soon!))  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:37 pm
Hinekiri laughed, she had always loved her father even when he was busy being King he always made the time for her and she got to see him quite a bit. However now that he was retired she was happy that her cubs would be able to get to know their grandfather more.

She watched as Rouge took off to find her next victim. Normally Hinekiri would have tried to reign the rambunctious cub in a little but today was a celebration and the cub deserved to have some fun.

Kei stood with Braith as Elfleda went up and made her performance. He was pretty sure that his jaw was on the ground, he couldn't believe the guts that she had to go up like that in front of the whole pride and in particular in front of their mother!

He turned towards Braith "This is not good." he said in barely a whisper. He knew if anyone could get away with it it would be Elfleda but he also knew if their mother figured out that it was her underneath that moss she would kill her. He dared a look over his shoulder to see how much attention his mother had been paying attention.

SilverLutz

magnadearel

Tabt beamed out towards Lorne, she hadn't received the most applause by far. She was a little sad, however she had heard Lorne chering for her and that made the seafoam green female proud. Perhaps she would have to spend more time learning how to dance.

When it became her turn to choose a bird she moved forward, "I choose you" she said to the cream coloured bird. She extended a paw out to the bird to jump up on and waited for the bird to make it up to her shoulder.

"Congrats to all my competitors" she said to the other competitors. They had all done so well and it had been a fun contest.

She made her way back to Lorne's side to show him her new companion.

Cajanic

nessiaing

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 2:19 pm
Braith hooted and cheered for the lions that decided to try the game out, and didn't even notice her sister had decided to join in. Granted, she was disguised a bit with some moss, but she could always tell where her twin was in a crowd. She knew her mother wouldn't be very happy about her joining in with the 'lower' crowd, though, and she nodded as her brother whispered to her. Hopefully her mother wouldn't see.

Looking around, she smiled very slightly at all the happiness and laughter. This was great! She began to make mental notes of the night so she could document it later. Things like the new kind and queen would surely be sung about for ages, but the decorations, the dancing, the light-heartedness of almost everyone around...these were the things she liked to keep in her mind to relate to others later.

She was starting to feel a little sleepy, though, so she settled down on the ground to rest while everyone else continued to dance around. Perhaps she could shut her eyes for just a moment....

[Last post for Braith, moving to the next RP. Just assume she's napping if anyone was talking to her]  
[IC] Suka'Fumo Lands [IC]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff