Rather interesting

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

wellwisher
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:53 am
until you see the 2010s, at which point you will disagree. This, is because the other parts of the article are based on models, and what was considered attractive.
how can they be so right, and yet so wrong?

the 2010's are based on, trending images. which, also includes models that people hate. Besides, it's only 2015, what's a foolish trend for just 2014 and 2015 going to do to the overarching trend of what the ideal body shape is for the entire 2010s? (who can say, there's still a few years before this article should have come out.

Yes I realize that this isn't, really a good place to read anything actually reputable, but it showed up on my facebook and I figured I'd give it a read for the 1910-2000.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:27 am
That was interesting, you're right.  

Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100

wellwisher
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:27 pm
Doesn't so much make me wonder what the next decade will be, but rather, what triggers these shifts.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:16 pm
Well, it's not that much of a surprise that the earlier centuries were based on models. During that time, films were just starting to take off and slowly becoming a favorite pastime. So, the idea of celebrities being representations of the ideal image wasn't around quite yet. Aside from royalty and the most respected people in the upper class, the only people with the ideal look of perfection was models and possibly some entertainment artists (i.e. singers [mostly opera]).

I actually think they captured the ideal image of perfection for all of the centuries quite well. The present era's one might be influenced greatly by Kim and Nicki's current trendy influence in the world (whether it's in a positive or negative light) but they are leaning in the right direction with the "curvy" idea.  

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Hiddochi wolf
Crew

Sexy Nerd

14,825 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:30 pm
It's insane seeing the stark differences between quite a few of them, especially the trends that were only 10 years apart.

All I can say is I'm glad the "heroin chic" 90's trend is out. They look positively sick. gonk
And my god, the women of the 60's were tiny. o_o  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:22 pm
I personally enjoy the most, the figures of the 30's and 50's.

As for the 2010's... I have to ask... how do they not fall over from the bulk? There's a major off balance issue, there.

Okami Ameras
Crew

Evolved Mystic

27,825 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Advent Attendee 50

wellwisher
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:48 pm
I thought that the 50s and 70s looked the best. (shape wise)

2010, yeah, seems to be dealing with, no, not balance issues. they have inflated ego's of hot air.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:47 pm
wellwisher

2010, yeah, seems to be dealing with, no, not balance issues. they have inflated ego's of hot air.
Well... that would explain a lot.  

Okami Ameras
Crew

Evolved Mystic

27,825 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Advent Attendee 50

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:49 pm
wellwisher

And obsession with plastic surgery too, perhaps?  
"CIF" Crikey! It's a Forum~!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games