Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Deus Ex Machina, a humble training facility located on a remote island. 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities
( PRP ) Stop It Dad! (Lex / Claude) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Carhop Cavalier

Familiar Teenager

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:54 pm
"Dunno." Lex lazily drawled, sinking his teeth into more of his cake. "That's for you to look in to; I can't just feed you the answers." His lilted, smiling and closing his eyes briefly, memories of helping Claude with her homework playing through his eyelids.

"Ah, that boy." Lex nodded, tone not so much curt as unimpressed. He hardly knew the kid, only that Claude had brought him along. What was his name again? Lex hardly made not of it. Charles? Something like that. "And is he a good friend?"

lucyal

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 3:29 pm
Claude rolled her eyes. "I'm not asking you to feed me answers. I'm asking you as a senior hunter who's been here for a length of time if looking into ghost ship myths is a viable use of time here." A pause. "It's seems too fun to be legitimate research." Here she smirked at him

"Man." Claude piped up, putting her half eaten cake down to pick up her coffee cup once more, taking another sip. At the question, she gave a thoughtful hum. Prior to Deus, Claude did have some friends...high school friends. Friends she only spent time socializing with when they were actually in class, and it didn't extend outside of that. Here though, on Deus, things were different. Everyone was either strangers or acquaintances, and for Claude, a few people had pushed their way past the acquaintance stage...but Chance? Maybe a good friend was an apt description. She didn't purposefully spend as much time with anyone else thus far, with the exception of Dawson, but a large chunk of that time was dedicated to training.

"Yeah." She answered after that pause.

Carhop Cavalier

Lucyal

Carhop Cavalier

Familiar Teenager

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:37 pm
Lex shrugged, sipping more coffee with a roll of his eyes. "All research is valuable, so long as you can justify it. The level of fun has nothing to do with a research subject's value." He smirked back, raising a challenging eyebrow at her. "Suffice it to say, the more we know about these creatures, the more of an advantage we have when dealing with them."

Lex considered her pause, and her answer for a short while. Claude was a social person, at least in Vegas. From what he'd seen of her on Deus, however, she was much less prone to socializing. "Good." Lex smiled, taking another bite of cake. "A lack of deep connections leads to a lack of morale. You can put together what happens when morale gets too low."

lucyal

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 5:40 pm
"Good to know." Claude replied, taking another sip of her coffee. So apparently if she could somehow spin it as useful to Deus...then the sky was apparently limit. Oh, the world they lived in.

"Thanks, doctor." Claude drawled sarcastically. Hm. Was Lex giving her something of a pep talk about how it was good to have friends? "What about you, hm?" She asked. "Aside from your not-wife."

Carhop Cavalier

Lucyal

Carhop Cavalier

Familiar Teenager

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:10 pm
Lex rolled his eyes at his sister, finishing his second cup of coffee. Of course she'd throw the ball back to him - she always did have a knack for calling him on his double standard bullshit. "I have plenty of friends." He muttered, taking a hasty bite of his cake.

He did have... acquaintances. Stormy as close to a friend, Evan was...well, Evan was hard to define. Jack was a work friend slash accomplice. Oliver could be counted as a friend. "You just haven't met them."

Worst excuse ever.

lucyal

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:32 pm
Claude gave him a smug look, especially as he hastily took a bite of his cake. She got him. "Mhm?" She hummed, curious, waiting for him to elaborate, which he didn't.

"Obviously." She smirked a bit, resting her chin in her hand and her coffee in the other as she stared at him with a lidded gaze, waiting. She didn't need to call him out on his excuse. It went without saying.

Carhop Cavalier

Lucyal

Carhop Cavalier

Familiar Teenager

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:03 am
Lex gave Claude an exasperated sigh, shaking his head wearily. Of course he'd have to list them off; why wouldn't he? "Jack Hawthorn, Oliver Keely, Stormy Ortega, Eva..." Lex sighed, coming up short.

"Fine, I don't have that many friends." He huffed, sitting back and side eyeing Claude. "You know me - keep everyone at an arm's distance unless they prove themselves worthwhile of more trust." He rolled his eyes, running a hand through his hair. Lex knew how pompous and arrogant that sounded. "This is just another office for me, Claude. Another batch of coworkers who I need to pretend to get along with until the day is done."

He refilled both his and her's coffee, tutting under his breath. "The only difference is that this is a very long work day and there's no drinks afterward."

lucyal

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:12 am
She knew two of those people...the others were unknown, but if Lex considered them friends, she trusted they were good people.

The young woman still looked pretty smug as she listened to her brother before it simmered. "Of course." She replied. "Also, quality over quantity. There's nothing wrong with that." She sat up to prepare her new cup after Lex poured her some more coffee. "I'm not one of your co-workers though, so if you're going to sprout your good mental wellness bull s**t at me, be ready to be held to the same standard." She smirked a bit at him, and dumped three spoon fulls of sugar into her cup, following it up with creamer.

Carhop Cavalier

Lucyal

Carhop Cavalier

Familiar Teenager

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:55 pm
Lex snorted, yawning at Claude's antics and attitude. She was almost a mirror some days, and others a foil. Siblings, that's why they existed he supposed.

"No, you're not a co-worker. You're my baby sister who shouldn't have come running after her a** of a brother." Lex sighed, running his ringed hand through his hair. He didn't want to have this conversation again, but the words flowed like beer from a tap; quick and foaming. "And if that a** has to bury you, I swear to God I'll kick your ghost's a**."

He sighed, sipping more coffee. "Jesus, Claudia. Why'd they have to put you in the division with the highest mortality rate?" Lex's eyes weren't angry, but soft and somber. The photos spread in front of him seemed more a sad memoir than happy recollections at that point. Photos of children that would soon be dead, histories washed away with the dank gray tide.

lucyal
WHOOPS MY HAND SLIPPED

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:52 pm
She was listening as she stirred her coffee, though her lidded gaze was on the swirl her spoon created as Lex spoke. Growing up with the other, of course she'd been privy to the more easy going and more open and earnest side of Lex...but even for them, this talk, once again, was oddly sentimental for her brother.

"I'll remind you, without malice this time, that I already buried your a** once." She said simply. So if she died before him, this fact somehow, as twisted as it was, made up for it. She didn't know why she was in the Sun Division, and sometimes she felt like she didn't fit, so a transfer wasn't exactly out of the question. To a division like Death or Life, where she could gather information instead of fight but...She liked Sun, even if she hadn't gotten a true taste of it yet.

"It's a matter of perception, dear brother." The young woman replied, leaning back with her cup. "Whether I die today, tomorrow, days, weeks or even a few years from now...it's one more today, tomorrow, days, weeks, or years more I have with you, than if I hadn't come running." She took a sip. "No regrets." Claude murmured.

Carhop Cavalier
gfklwek;fgkw;e wow Car keep ur hand in check I don't know what to do with these feels

Lucyal

Carhop Cavalier

Familiar Teenager

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:25 pm
Claude's diatribe was listened to as Lex picked some crumbs off his jeans, obviously intent on hearing what she had to say but also on not getting stains on his fairly expensive clothing.

She had a point. Lex had forced her to bury him - though she did open his casket which was a major faux pas - and put Claudia through an inane amount of heartbreak. "Death isn't a blow for blow affair, Claudia." He murmured, sipping on his last cup of coffee.

"Though I am glad to have you here, all things considered. Should we die, Lex cleared his throat, frowning then gently smiling in a matter of milliseconds. "When we die, we'll have had more time with each other. He sighed, setting the cup down. "And that is both heart warming and breaking, dear sister."

lucyal

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:54 pm
"Karma is though." She took a big gulp of her coffee, and eyed him over the rim of her cup. His sentiments brought a brief and small smile to her lips before it faded. "Oh, Lex." She sighed, as if this was bothersome.

"We'll cross that bridge when we get to it. We're in the here and now...let's enjoy and cherish that, hm?"

Carhop Cavalier

Lucyal

Carhop Cavalier

Familiar Teenager

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:42 pm
Lex raised his mug to Claude, smiling widely. "To not crossing that bridge for a while, then." He toasted, clanking his mug to hers and gulping down the final dregs.

When she'd finished her toast drink, Lex looked at her as a grandfather would his grandchild, the crinkling of his eyes far too old for being 26. His smile was aged, but not without its cockiness. He'd grown, matured at Deus (despite everything Twitter said.) "I'm happy you followed me."

lucyal

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:04 am
She clanked her mug with his, and then finished off her coffee. She couldn't help but be a bit exasperated at that look he gave her, but Claude took it in stride. "I'll be bringing up this moment in the future if the need ever arises." She told him, half seriously half teasingly, but after a moment, she smiled back at him, the very rare and genuine smiles she was capable of.

"I am too."

Carhop Cavalier

Lucyal

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out