[PRP] Honey and Bones (Nuing x Nuru)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

CaliWolfe

Shy Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 12:57 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Nuru was a bit exhausted. His daughter, as much as he loved her, was demanding with attention. Since she had been born, and subsequently given to Nuru while his two other children went with Euanthe, their mother Nuru hadn't a day of good sleep.

He looked almost like a zombie that day. He was carrying a little hare that he had managed to catch and had placed it on the ground at his feet, attempting to keep himself awake before he even tried eating.

Were all children so exhausting? They begged and whined and weren't okay with Nuru not having a house for them to sleep in? If that was the case he wasn't sure if he wanted to have anymore puppies or not! He sighed heavily and began digging into his meal. Unlike what he typically was like, Nuru wore a frown instead of a smile. He was just too tired to act happy today...

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 1:09 pm
CaliWolfe
Thanks!

User Image

Luckily for Nuing, he was as yet unaware of the demands of young, except as an abstract of someone's young. In a sense his bones were considered his children, and they were quite well behaved. They never ran off, or complained, or made a nuisance of themselves. He could trade them or leave them, which he rarely ever did now, and no one would think anything of it.

The brown hyena came strolling back into camp with a large leg bone clamped in his jaws proudly. He loved this place. It had bones practically wherever he looked. If the bones were a bit too fresh, he could take them out for a couple weeks to season just right. On his way to his den Nuing noticed a dark hyena eating a hare. The male looked grumpy with a frown. Nuing ducked into his den and store his treasure then popped back out.

He strolled over casually. In truth he was hoping he could claim a tiny leg bone or spine section for his collection. "Rough hunting?" he asked casually as he stretched out nearby.

magnadearel

CaliWolfe

Shy Prophet

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:10 pm
On one hand Nuru was quite please when another came to sit next to him. He liked others, they weren't always jolly and happy like he tended to be, but they were social. And Nuru liked being social.

"Oh, I'm just sleepy." He turned to the stranger with a sad smile. He had hoped that maybe he didn't come off as horrible as he felt. In truth it had taken him all morning to catch that hare. The one he was chasing kept running away and Nuru was too tired to chase after it.. He had managed at some point to corner it but that bunny had gotten away. The hare he had now had darted out after the first, and it was near enough to enable Nuru to catch it without too much trouble.

He was still tired though...

"Have you not caught anything?" He asked, thinking that perhaps Nuing was a hunter like him.

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:29 am
CaliWolfe

The brown male stretched himself out comfortably. His eyes darted around in a quick check of the area. "Sleepy you say? You could take a nap." It's what he would do if he was tired during the day. Nuing wondered what could make this healthy hyena so tired, but was too polite to really ask.

"Oh me? No no, I found a lovely bone and brought it back to my den so it wouldn't get damaged." It was quite dangerous to leave a bone laying around out here. Pups were prone to playing with unguarded objects. "Speaking of which. If you don't mind, could I possible have a leg bone or some vertebra when your done eating?" Odd perhaps, but he thought they could be very interesting.

magnadearel

CaliWolfe

Shy Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:38 am
"Hmm. Yes, a nap." He nodded. Naps were good and all but whenever he tried to take one his daughter would jump on his face and complain. Gosh, puppies had so much energy! He wished she'd just understand that after hunting for her and then playing tag and then hunting some more Nuru just wanted a few minutes for himself to rest. Maybe when she got a little older or found other puppies to play with she'd be less of a hassle for him. For now she was young and full of energy and...

Oh, the other had asked hims something... Bones... Bones? "Oh, yes! Yes! You can have them." He smiled happily. What a nice hyena taking bones instead of just letting them rot in a pile. "I'll be careful not to chew too much on them for you." He said with a nod. Sometimes he accidentally chomped down so hard the bones broke. But if someone wanted them then Nuru would be careful to avoid such a fate.

"Unless you want them broken?" He asked. He wasn't a bone collector or anything so he didn't know what bones were considered best quality or not.

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 5:47 pm
CaliWolfe

Nuing was delightfully pleased when he was given permission to have the bones. Some were suspicious why he wanted them, and it was always hard to describe to them. He even offered to be careful not to break them. The male shifted uncomfortably as the other asked if he wanted them broken. "No, not really. I mean unless they crack naturally of course." Did it count if someone naturally cracked a bone? Nuing wasn't sure how he'd feel about it. Some bones cracked as they dried he knew. Those he liked the best. "Thank you for offering though." He was doing his best to be polite since this male was giving him the bones.

"I'm Nuing. So what do you do?" It seemed like he didn't pay much attention to those living around him. He wasn't sure he knew many from his pack as most of his attention was taken by his bones.

magnadearel

CaliWolfe

Shy Prophet

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:58 am
"I'm Nuru!" He told the other with a smile. "Nuru Moyo, that's my full name. I guess." He wasn't entirely sure of that, since he was fairly certain he was the only person he knew named Nuru Moyo around. His family, from what he remembered of them hadn't used 'Moyo' as part of their name, although maybe if had actually paid attention he'd notice if they had or not. Most people just called him Nuru. So for him it was safe to assume that he had a 'first name' and a 'last name'.

He stifled a yawn in his throat, as to avoid showing the other he was tired. He thought maybe Nuing would think he thought he was boring, which wasn't the case Nuru was just sleepy. Sometimes when he yawned and others thought he was boring they got mean, and Nuru wasn't in the mood to deal with mean. It was nice to know that Nuing wasn't rude or wasn't going to just steal his prey for the bones, he was patient enough to wait until Nuru was done eating.

"I'm a hunter!" He beamed in delight. "I've hunted all sorts of things. Um let's see.. Bunnies and Zebra and even... Um... Bees! Yes, I got honey from a beehive once! It fell down and all the bees were angry with me, but besides from being stung I got to eat delicious sticky honey!" His face had hurt for what seemed like forever, but in Nuru's mind it had been totally worth it. Given the chance, he'd be inclined to do it again and risk having his face aching with sores from angry pesky insects chasing him.

magnadearel

[IC] Mava'Bunda Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff