Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Introductions
Another Newbie Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SevenDeadlyDreams

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:20 am
sdrawkcab
I'm hoping so too. ^ ___^ Gaia's V-day events fluctuate in size. They're a full blown huge event some years... and barely noticeable other years. u .u;

Yeahhhh and the CB (Chatterbox) RPs are mostly things like, "Girls locked in cages! Guys let them out!" or "Rooms full of couches! Come sit on laps!" Cybering isn't allowed on Gaia, but those threads toe the line. I think. Last I saw. XD; I haven't peered into one of those threads in a very long time.

No problem. c:
Ahh~~ I'd say give it a while before you settle on an avatar style. No rush.
Um, it's easiest when you can stick to just one perfect outfit that you love. Or, if you stick to a base/theme/style/color scheme and barely alter your look each time. You know, tweaking it and making it perfect as you go. .... Of course, that whole process starts once you go gaga over something.
On the other hand, I've realized that I can't stick with one outfit for very long. I wish that I could.

Do you have any sort of theme or idea in mind yet?

Bleh, I got four hours of sleep and have about twelve hours of work to do.

Well, if the site event kind of sucks there's always the guild event right?

Haha, ew. Those threads sound really raunchy but I guess I am prudish.

Umm, as far as themes go, I was either thinking something evil/demonic or something to do with dreams, to play into my username. So maybe something like a light blue and/or white colored avatar for the dreamy one and then a black and/or red one for the evil/demonic sinful one?  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 4:11 pm
SevenDeadlyDreams
sdrawkcab
I'm hoping so too. ^ ___^ Gaia's V-day events fluctuate in size. They're a full blown huge event some years... and barely noticeable other years. u .u;

Yeahhhh and the CB (Chatterbox) RPs are mostly things like, "Girls locked in cages! Guys let them out!" or "Rooms full of couches! Come sit on laps!" Cybering isn't allowed on Gaia, but those threads toe the line. I think. Last I saw. XD; I haven't peered into one of those threads in a very long time.

No problem. c:
Ahh~~ I'd say give it a while before you settle on an avatar style. No rush.
Um, it's easiest when you can stick to just one perfect outfit that you love. Or, if you stick to a base/theme/style/color scheme and barely alter your look each time. You know, tweaking it and making it perfect as you go. .... Of course, that whole process starts once you go gaga over something.
On the other hand, I've realized that I can't stick with one outfit for very long. I wish that I could.

Do you have any sort of theme or idea in mind yet?

Bleh, I got four hours of sleep and have about twelve hours of work to do.

Well, if the site event kind of sucks there's always the guild event right?

Haha, ew. Those threads sound really raunchy but I guess I am prudish.

Umm, as far as themes go, I was either thinking something evil/demonic or something to do with dreams, to play into my username. So maybe something like a light blue and/or white colored avatar for the dreamy one and then a black and/or red one for the evil/demonic sinful one?

x.<; Hate when that happens. I hope you were able to get a good nap afterward. <3

Very true. ;D
Same. I've always had a dislike for them. ... I really was serious when I first suggested the CB as a forum that has RP threads. It wasn't until you said that the forum moves quickly that I'd realized what I'd done. XD; It's not really an RP place. > <; Forget I said that. XDD .... I just also didn't want to offend (in my last post) just in case you were interested. x .x;;

Ha, wow, good start! The problem now will mostly be the budget. > <;
Those color schemes should be easy to work with. Those colors have been on this site for years, so there's a much wider variety of items to choose from. In other words, there should be some cheaper options to start with than if you went with colors like: User Image or User Image

I'm sure you have an expression in mind to go with each of those ideas.
Even if you haven't pinned down the outfit, I'd suggest pinning down a face first. Don't use the eyes that you can buy from Salon Durem. Well, that's wrong of me to say. It's perfectly possible to use those eyes. Um, but avatars now need various bits of makeup and face accessories to look complete. Otherwise, it doesn't matter how nice the rest of the avatar is... it will always look incomplete.

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100

SevenDeadlyDreams

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:22 pm
sdrawkcab

Well...where can I start looking for eyes/makeup items?  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:48 pm
SevenDeadlyDreams
sdrawkcab

Well...where can I start looking for eyes/makeup items?

A long and tedious method is to use those terms to search the marketplace. It works in some cases. It would be awful in this case. D;

Check out Tektek. It's a user-made site that Gaians have used for years to plan their outfits.
-Click "start new avatar"
-It'll start on a tab with avatar bases. Choose a color.
- Next, click the various tabs (under the avatar heading) like eyes, eyes+mouth, makeup and mouth.
- In each category, you can sort the items by color and by price. You can't sort by expression u.u; but at least it's much much easier than searching the marketplace.
- The easiest place to start is the eyes+mouth category. It's a cheaper option in some cases since you wouldn't have to buy the eyes, mouth, makeup, etc separately.

You can also use the site to plan the clothing too. The site can't keep up with Gaia's daily updates though so it's missing a lot of items.

Sorry if I sound robotic. ^ ___^; I'm editing an avatar guide right now so I've been typing up stuff like this for a couple hours.

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100

SevenDeadlyDreams

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:09 pm
sdrawkcab

No problem! I'll have to check it out! Thanks for all the tips :3  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:21 pm
No problem. ^ ___^