Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "CIF" Crikey! It's a Forum~!
Confusion over gender, and some other things.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Vikabro

Fashionable Cat

12,140 Points
  • Fashionable Fancy Dress: Cute 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 7:28 pm
This week though not a bad week turned out to be somewhat weird so far. Most of the weirdness resolving around things that happened at work.

Side note: My online activity might be lessened because I've been playing The Sims 3 lately. and I haven't really been in the mood to go to either Gaia, or Tumblr.

Just yesterday one coworker just suddenly asked 'Are you a boy, or a girl?' right during lunch. A few others that were eating at the same table were stunned. So was I. Sure it was not unusual for someone to think I'm a man. But to be asked that by a coworker I'd bump into sometimes was different. [We don't really know each other that well. Before that day he doesn't actually work in the same building]

But to be honest his confusion can be pretty understandable. The person he was asking mostly looked like a man. A buzz cut which isn't a typical style. A boyish face. Masculine clothing. and a low pitch voice. However a feminine figure.

Another thing is that I found that shopping for bras is better if done online. Before I'd go to Sears. But then actually finding my size is very difficult, and the bras I do end up getting happen to be the wrong size anyway, and is expensive. [Anywhere between $20 - $40][Also the size I'm in is currently 44DDD. I had to settle for 42DDD] One search on Amazon I was able to get the correct size for cheaper. So now I can throw out the shitty one I've been wearing until today. [Bra in question came in the mail today.]

Also less bed bugs. =D  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:33 am
I remember a couple times where I was "mistaken" as a boy in my youth. Each time made me super, super happy but I couldn't figure out why.

One of those nice things that clicked after I learned about transgenderism.  

Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100

Hiddochi wolf
Crew

Sexy Nerd

14,825 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:39 pm
I was confused for a boy quite a lot in my childhood because of how I dressed and played. I remember very clearly this one time when an old lady told me "good boy!" when I finally reached the water fountain I was struggling to get to in the park, and it really pissed me off at the time for some reason. I started dressing girlier after that to spite the memory of her and everyone else. sweatdrop

Now, I frankly don't even care. I know I'm female, and that's all that matters. I'm also kinda 50/50 masculine and feminine in mindset, anyway. If you view me as a guy, that's cool. If you see me as a gal, that's cool too. Either way, I'm still the same person. I wish my younger self could've been this secure in herself, but oh well. We live and learn. smile  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:13 pm
While I haven't been confused on what gender I am, people have been confused on what my sexual orientation is. Apparently people in high school thought I was a lesbian and in a relationship with my best friend. xd Guess they thought that because of how often the two of us spent time together... but honestly it wasn't that much different from the other groups of female friends in school. Not to mention, that logic doesn't make sense when I was in a relationship with a guy the first two years of high school and then dated a guy in my Junior year. *shrugs* I don't know... just seemed intriguing when I heard about it.  

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Vikabro

Fashionable Cat

12,140 Points
  • Fashionable Fancy Dress: Cute 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:02 am
Though honestly it took me a while to figure out I'm actually somewhere in the middle.  
"CIF" Crikey! It's a Forum~!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games