Submit

dawns_aura

Peaceful Demigod

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:48 pm
User Image
Thanks to Kyrieko for the banners

Starting Date: 1/13/2015...Now
Ending Date: 1/18/2015, 6:00 pm pst

This is a raffle for a twisted tunnel basket. The son of Raveena and Darcy, Lord Adair.
As such it may have halloween inspired edits or mutations. Enter at your own risk.

Spoiler: He does have a spider, so if spiders aren't your thing, don't enter.

Rules/Info: 
- This is a user-run contest, and thus it does not count towards your freebie for the month.
- Be nice! No one likes a sore loser, so please be respectful should you not win. 
- Please respect Gaia ToS and Soquili shop rules when not only entering the contest, but plotting/rping/etc. should you win. 
- Late entries will not be accepted
- No proxies, this will be open for five days which should be plenty of time for those who want to enter to do so.
- No reserving posts
- You may edit posts up until the the contest closes.
- Rp is not required, but I would love it if you were willing to plot and have at least some interaction among the family, as this family is very special to me.
- Have fun

Interesting fact for those who are interested: he is only the second boy to be born of this particular line so far. ~

This is a personality/plot raffle. Meaning I will read all entries and make a short list of my top favorites (number depending on how many entries there are, but at least three) and rolling between them.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:51 pm
Family Tree
(direct family only, not including the various aunts, uncles, cousins etc)

Great-great-gram and Great-great-gramps
User Image x User Image

Great-gram and Great-grampa
User Image x User Image

Gramma and Grampa
User Imagex User Image

Mom and Dad
User Image x User Image

Sibling:
User Image
Name: Lady Caleithia (affectionately known as Callie)
Temper: Night-touched

Half-siblings: User Image User Image User Image

dawns_aura

Peaceful Demigod

dawns_aura

Peaceful Demigod

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:56 pm
Basket up for Grabs
User Image

You may notice that family blurbs are missing. Well, there is a reason (well, aside from dawns being too lazy to try and track down the information) – and that reason is, I want you to start with a blank slate, not be constrained by personality types that have shown up in the family. Go crazy. Be inspired by the basket and come up with as creative a character as you can.

(for the winner, I will be more than happy to provide any information about the family members I have, as well as major story/ plot points that have occurred or are upcoming)

Form:

[size=18][color=purple]Little star in the night...[/color][/size]
[b]User Name[/b]:
[b]Name[/b]:
[b]Temper[/b]:
[b]Are you an active Rper? Or at least willing to plot?[/b]:
[b]Personality[/b]:
[b]Plot Ideas[/b]:
[b]Anything else[/b]:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:59 pm

Entry List

Page 1.
1. sheppardkid
2. Wasteland Wyvern
3. ~Latonia de la Courtel~
4. sbuggy166
5. SwordOfTheDarkOnes
6. Lady Aria Starstone
7. Kamiki
8. belloblossom

Page 2.
9. Fatal Irony
10. Novablu
11. XxXPandamoniumXxX
12. Thalea
13. S u r f for L o v e
14. Brosephiine
15. Kyrieko
16. -[The Spoof]-
17. xxx Yuki Bear xxx
18. Jackariah Beckett
19. Divena
20. Angelique DelaMort
21. Thamin
22. Devil NightShade
23. SilverShieldwolf

Page 3
24. AislingJuno
25. musicaloner7
26. Master Wild Mage
….

dawns_aura

Peaceful Demigod

dawns_aura

Peaceful Demigod

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:00 pm
Reserved

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:01 pm
Reserved

dawns_aura

Peaceful Demigod

dawns_aura

Peaceful Demigod

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:03 pm
Open

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:25 pm
Little star in the night...
User Name: sheppardkid
Name: Hakachi
Temper: Curious
Are you an active Rper? Or at least willing to plot?: I love plotting! I'm planning to become more active in RPing soon.
Personality: Hakachi is fascinated by the morbid and morose. He delights in wandering around cemeteries at night, the moon glistening high above, as he ponders spirits of the past. He tends to feel more connected to these spirits than he does the flesh and blood Soquili of his time. As such, he is often seen as an outcast by most Soquili, who let their ignorance override compassion and understanding. Hakachi is a kind and peaceful soul who merely longs for a connection.
Plot Ideas: Acceptance- To begin with, the plot will center on Hakachi's search for acceptance, outside of his family. As a colt, he strives to make friends, wanting to join in the fun with other fillies and colts. He soon learns, however, that eccentricities are frowned upon by other Soq who see him as nothing more than a nuisance.
Transition- His transition from colt to adult is riddled with the perils of being branded an outcast. Encounters with other Soq become more violent as their disdain for him grows. Even given all of this, Hakachi never retaliates and will only fight to the point of self-defense or defense of others.
Anything else: Hakachi has a strong connection to the night, moon, water, all things creepy, and winter time.  

Kaya Wolf Moon

Mystical Wolf

10,125 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100

Wasteland Wyvern

Dangerous Demigod

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:45 pm
User Name: Wasteland Wyvern
Name: Lord Gabriel (Affectionately referred to as Gabe)
Temper: Stern
Are you an active Rper? Or at least willing to plot?: As of now I am not that active of an RPer due to computer issues. I am very willing to plot and through my tablet do 1 on 1 RP with other family members, though I will be slow responding.
Personality: Gabriel is extremely stern and not very fun to be around. This is only because he always looks to take care of his family. He is extremely affectionate towards his sister. He loves her with all his heart and would do anything to ensure her happiness.
He does have a fun loving and free side that he occasionally let's out when he just needs a break, but he often bottles up his need to run free in order to keep his family safe.
Plot Ideas
1.) Sister Mine: This is just a basic meet and greet between the siblings upon their first encounter after basket pop.
2.) A Day at Work: This RP would be with his dad but his sister could come bug him, lol. He learns how to take care of family finances, and how to deal with problems that crop up.
3.) Why Can't I Run Free?: After a very long day of dealing with issue after issue that seems to crop up outta nowhere he finds himself feeling like he wants to just leave it all behind, but does he? (This is a moment of doubt rp. He has to make a decision and at this time I'm not sure what it is.)
Anything else: Thank you for the chance to become part of this family. They are lovely!  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:01 pm
User Name: ~Latonia de la Courtel~
Name: Marquis Nytair (Marq or Nyt (Night))
Temper: Dusk-Born
Are you an active Rper? Or at least willing to plot?: Yes indeed, and yes again! I love lots of RP, but am happy to plot or backplot within a family arc if other players are busy.
Personality: Being a Twisted child isn't something one can avoid... While he is well-mannered (in attempt to do honor to his sire's elegance) in most instances, Nytair is aware there are shadows in his soul. He is therefore strongly intrigued by things that are deadly and dangerous. So maybe he goes a wandering to get a better look at things that bite, and realizes too late that once you're in reach you're as good as bitten. And while he may lose his way for awhile, he is deeply loyal to his sister. In the end, if it would make Callie smile, he'll turn away from the shadows and walk through fire for all of his days.
Plot Ideas:
Trouble Too Deep: In his search of the dark, dangerous and intriguing, Nytair finds himself facing an evil far beyond his depth.
I Got A Little Lost In Me: Wandering out from his family's guarding eyes means he has time to get lost in the shadows that haunt his hoofsteps. But maybe getting lost is the best way to find yourself?
There Is Always Light: Maybe he's found a little too much trouble.. And maybe he's made mistakes... But if Callie believes in him and his family still loves him, there's got to be something worthy of that love. So maybe he seeks a stranger or two that can see it too, and maybe they help inspire this colt to be something better.
You're My Best Friend (And Maybe A Guiding Star): Time-Lapse RP regarding the growth and expression of the bond between siblings. Nytair is inspired to mimic his sire's elegant/dapper persona, but his sister is the one that inspires him to actually be better. He wants Callie to be safe, and to be happy, more than almost anything.
Anything else: Nytair does love his family, and would certainly enjoy a chance to meet the half siblings and any distant relatives that would care to give a curious colt the time of day... He's drawn toward things dark and dangerous in an effort to understand the parallels within his own self, but he's largely kind or quiet around strangers. Fall is his favorite time, the cool bite of air and the sigh of leaves underfoot inspire him to wandering, which can also lead to mischief. (As an adult he'll be very flirtatious (a throwback to Dark) but somewhat reluctant to settle down. Casual contact/interaction will be the easiest for him to maintain, it may take a bit to get past his defenses if someone really wants to stick around. And if he thinks for a moment Callie is in trouble, he'll probably drop everything and try to run to the rescue. Fair warning, I'd love lots of sibling bickering covering their genuine affection for each other!)

~Latonia de la Courtel~

Magic Cat

sbuggy166

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:11 pm
User Name: sbuggy166
Name: Sir Clane
Temper: Clever
Are you an active Rper? Or at least willing to plot?: I love RP and I plot a ton.
Personality:
"The itsy bitsy spider went up the water spout
Down came the rain and washed the spider out
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain
And the itsy bitsy spider went up the spout again."

Some learn their destiny young, and others wait for old age to realize their destinies. Clane discovered his on a stormy night from an old mare that was simply passing through. She was singing softly a little ditty. Her words drifted through the storm and stuck in his ears ever since. That little ditty would be a guide in his life. A song to get him through the dark nights. A comfort to lonely winters. A friend in playful summers. It would always be with him because to him it was the source of his power. In Clane's little foal mind he believed that he could summon storms using that song. If he wanted it to rain or thunder all he had to do was sing his little spider song and eventually the storm would come. Sometimes the storms are far away though, but he will diligently sing the song until the storm can hear him.

It is an odd quirk to be sure, but it is in no way his defining attribute. Clane is not really that strange or odd, he just thinks that he can summon storms with his magic song. You could say that he is determined and will always see things through to the end. He is also very true to his word. If he says something he will not rest until moment his words are fulfilled. Some might call it stubborn, but really he is not prideful at all. He is a carefree type who could care less about others unless they are friends. He likes friends. Family is friends. Good little Clane is singing again, humor him and go pretend it will rain.

Plot Ideas:
1. The world is sparkly and new! Clane is so excited to see everything! He just wants to explore and run and play! Everything excited him and he is just in love with life! What a cute little foal.
2. Finding his voice: Who was that old mare and what a wonderful song she was singing! Clane discovers that he can summon storms by singing a spider ditty! Isn't that cute of him?
3. Family Matters: Who are you? and you? and you? Let little Clane sing for you, I'm sure you will find him charming. He likes his family a lot. They are like friends that you automatically get when you are born!
4. Just a phase: Is he still singing that song? maybe someone should talk to him about that. He's almost grown up after all. What will people think of him when he is an adult walking around singing children's rhymes and waiting for the rain to come? But really though, it was cute when he was little, now its just kind of creepy.
5. The shaman: Did you hear? There is a shaman who travels around the plains. It is rumored that whenever he appears the rain is sure to come soon. Oh what a blessing this is. The crops have not been doing well in this drought. Maybe the shaman will come visit us?
6. The truth behind the legend: As a young adult Clane realized that he was not personally moving the storms. naturally if you are always singing a song then you could say that it was your singing that would bring the rain because the rain is sure to come. It was too late to turn back now though. Clane had been saying his whole life that he controlled storms. Maybe he did not have to confess or come clean though. Aren't there soquili out there who have gifts? all he has to do is learn from them what to look for and how to get a gift.
Summary:
so here is a summary of his plot line in case you got lost in the odd writing style. Clane sings the spider song and it rains, but thats not true. As an adult he realized that he was wrong, but he does not want to give up on his childhood. Clane goes out to find someone to teach him about weather and weather patterns. He learns what to look for and he says that he can "summon" storms, but really he is just conveniently singing when he knows a storm is to come. With this new talent of his he travels around watching for storms, a storm chaser of sorts, and he then sings his song and lets people believe that he is some sort of shaman. In his old age he will take on the title of shaman and branch out his knowledge in order to help others.

Anything else:
Really he is a likable guy and a fast friend, just humor him on the whole singing thing. Maybe one day he will grow out of it, but hey even if he doesn't he has a great voice!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:25 pm
User Name: SwordOfTheDarkOnes
Name: Crovannis
Temper: Calculating
Are you an active Rper? Or at least willing to plot?: Yes, AND BRING IT ON >DDDDDD
Personality: Calculating. This little foal schemes like no tomorrow. If you are something or someone he dislikes then by golly. Brace yourself for crocodile tears to fill a lake, staring contests with you losing and silence spells which would unnerve you to the core. Crovannis is not one to allow anyone, and I mean ANYONE, to bad mouth, put down or even hint at a negative trait of his family. Specially his sister. As far as Crovannis is concerned, his Sister and Mother are on a pedestal. Try to knock them off and you got his hate for life. As he grows older, more and more will start to see that he's shrewd. A tad heartless and more than enough of a dictator to last most a lifetime.

Expect him to start off as masking his extreme respect for his family with bossing them around. A deeper side of him will use his temper as a means to hide his true goals. Keeping His Family Safe.

Plot Ideas:
Hey, That's MY Sister: Cory doesn't play nice with other foals who try to take his sisters attention away from him. This would require more than one foal and would most likely end up with a small fight. Which would call down the unholy wrath which is a mother...or single father. Totally see Cory standing his ground till height becomes apparent, then its "YIPES!!! DAAAAAADDDYYYYY!!!!!!!!!"

Mother Knows Best: Maybe far down the road, Cory meets a mare (or stallion?) and brings them to meet his parents. Mom may or may not approve and puts her hoof down. Cory would bend to his Mother as in his mind, "She's knows whats best"

Dad, where do baskets come from?: Just a funny little moment between Father and Son I see XD. Cory wants to know and asks his Father since well...it takes two.

Oh No You Didn't: This here would be a fight between Cory and another Soq who hurts one of his family members. Course, with his luck...he'll end up in a sling.

Anything else: Crovannis would have two nicknames. One his parents would call him: Cory and one his sister is allowed to call him: Coco.

Crovannis loves his Mom's wings and secretly wants to trot around in his Dad's hat.  

SwordOfTheDarkOnes

Kawaii Punching Bag

21,775 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Friendly 100

Aria Starstone

Sexy Goat

32,115 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Enemy of the Goat 25
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:25 pm
User Name: Lady Aria Starstone
Name: Aquavit
Temper: Bacchanalian
Are you an active Rper? Or at least willing to plot?: I try to be, and definitely!
Personality: A tad wild, he loves to find fermented fruits and imbibe, to get 'loose' as he likes to call it. When drunk, he is prone to massive flirting, boastful tales, and general tomfoolery.
When sober, he tends to try to avoid those who he might... have upset while drunk, or who might, even worse, have expectations of him from what he'd done.
With his family, he tries to control his behaviour, as he doesn't want to drive them away. They're the center of the whirl he makes of his life... Always, he returns to them for stability and a reminder that if he had made other choices, he might have gone another path. Like some of his sisters.
Plot Ideas:
A Little Too Much: He's only recently discovered the joys of fermented fruit, and hasn't at all learned his limits. He comes back to his family and makes a bit of a mess while drunk off his rump... which leads to...
Cleaning Up: The next morning, when hungover, he has to get some one to help him figure out WHAT he did the last night... And when he realizes he upset people important to him, he needs to figure out how to fix this mess.
I Said What? Maybe he made an over the top boast one evening... Or promised a pretty mare or stallion more then he was ready for. Now he's going to have to figure out how to get out of THIS one too.
Festive Fun: He manages to gather a bunch of like minded friends, and as a group, they put together a party. Maybe it'll be to celebrate something, maybe just for fun... But it'll be quite the To Do.
Sober Enough? He meets some one. Some one he is VERY attracted to... And he or she rejects him because he's drunk far too often. Maybe they don't mind it once in awhile, but they wont take him when he's drunk more then he's sober... So now he has to find his balance.
Anything else: I see him as, at some level, having felt a bit of an outcast as the only boy with four sisters... And the drunken nonsense is, at some level, a bit of an over the top attempt to make himself feel better.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:10 pm

User Name: Kamiki

Name: Marquis Renard

Temper: Gentlemanly

Are you an active Rper? Or at least willing to plot?: Yes! I do plot more than I RP, but I do RP quite I bit. My muse can be flaky, like anyone's, but I am actively trying to stat up all my Soquili

Personality: Marquis is perfect gentleman. He's polite, soft-spoken, overtly concerned with displaying chivalry and manners. He's honestly happy and pleasant to everyone he meets; he listens well and he's well-spoken. He's educated and curious as well, always willing to expand his mind and learn about new Soquili, cultures, or fields of study. He also has impeccable hygiene; also clean and well-presented.

His biggest 'quirk' per se, is his penchant for the dark and dreary. He's often times mistaken for being 'dark' or 'goth' - he loves the color black, spiders, snakes, cobwebs, poetry, even the shades of purple and green that come from the color of a bruise. He finds skulls and rats and crows inspiring and ignite his imagination and creativity.

However, he doesn't consider himself dreary or goth. He's chipper and friendly and loves life. He just would just rather investigate the old corpse of a buzzard-picked carcass than a patch of flowers.

Plot Ideas:

What's the Difference? - Even when he's a foal he'll come to understand that it's not 'normal' to like 'creepy' things. But he has a hard time understanding why songbirds are revered for their company while crows are omens of death. Why is a flower prettier than a spiderweb? Why a bunny is cute but a rat is ugly? He'll seek out his family, and others, asking for their input on this conundrum.

I'm Afraid You're Mistaken.... - At some point I'd like Marqui to be approached by a darker or evil Soquili, expecting him to have a similar nature. They will be confused as to why he's just so damn chipper and polite, while looking the way he does.

Finding Beauty in the Darkness - As he gets older, a side-effect of his diatomic nature will be the ability to be a font of optimism even in the darkest time. He'll discover he has a knack for comforting Soquili when they're sad, or in mourning, or otherwise feeling glum. His charming smile and soft voice is one of comfort, and his ability to see the beauty in anything is a dose of medicine many Soq find comforting to them.

Anything else: Thanks for the opportunity!

Kamiki

Fandom Fox

20,600 Points
  • Elysium's Hero 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:07 pm
User Name: Belloblossom
Name: Lord Valenyr (Prefers the nickname, Val.)
Temper: Sunny
Are you an active Rper? Or at least willing to plot?: I am extremely willing to plot with people! I also love to roleplay, but as this is my last semester in high school, I may be too busy to partake in an actual roleplay in the guild until further notice.
Personality: Val, despite his name, his spider, and his perhaps sinister features, is a very friendly stallion. He wants nothing more than to be your friend and believes whole-heartedly in the phrase, "You can't judge a book by its cover." While it's true that his interests are bit on the strange side, he is always open to learning new things, meeting new people, and exploring new places with his constant spider companion, Arachne.
His hobbies (yes, the weird ones) include talking to Arachne about her webs, pestering his parents about the clothes they were and how they were made, and trying to figure out how he could create woven blanket of his own. He is incredibly artistic in this regard and has many ideas for blanket patterns, but is unable to with his hooves. This often results in him begging Arachne to weave him a web with one of his patterns.
Plot Ideas:
Don't Judge a Book by its Cover! - Whether it was his appearance, or his spider companion, none of the other foals wanted to play with him growing up. This didn't dishearten Val any, as he got to spend more time with his family and as he began to grow up, he learned that once others found him to be pleasant company, he was able to enjoy theirs too.
Let's Compare Familiars! - Because Arachne has always been at his side, Val has always assumed that she's his familiar. Whether it's in his youth, or when he's older, it would be interesting to find different Soquili who agree and disagree with his bond with Arachne.
Is That... Hoof-Woven?! - Val is obsessed with woven works of art, whether it be clothing, blankets, or even a simple spider's web. He would love to meet a Soquili who is able to produce such work, so that he might be able to learn the trade.
Night and Day - Val is often described as optimistic and sunny, but it's clear that his family favor the night. The contrast between him and his family, especially with Callie, is quite large. Will Val learn to blend in with the night, or is his personality too bright to be overshadowed?
Anything else: Thank you for the wonderful opportunity! yum_puddi  
Archived

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces