Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN
[PRP] Spare a bite? (Sacha and Hollandaise)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ramenli

Alarming Consumer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:37 am
Classes were traumatizing. Sacha had thought he was well prepared. He'd had a jawbreaker when he left his dorm, two lollipops in one pocket, and a homemade ghoulnola bar in the other. He'd even bothered to bring a pencil and a notebook so he'd at least look like he was interested in whatever his class was this morning.

But then it just...hadn't ended. When he had realized he was down to his last lollipop and the teacher was still droning on he had tried to save it, he really had. By the third time his tail had lashed into the boil's leg that was sitting behind him he had given up (really, that was just in the interest of self preservation, the boil had ridiculous muscles and seemed angrier by the second) and gone for the last of his stash. Even with forcing himself not to gnaw into it it was gone before the homework was assigned, and he was pretty sure his stomach was about to crawl out of his body to seek food on his own by the time he finally started down the hallway.

There were absolutely no second thoughts as he bumped into someone in the hallway, despite the fact that it pushed them into the wall. He also had no qualms about shoving past people, his sole attention on one thing. Food.

He still wasn't desperate enough to turn down the hallway to the Creepateria.

He'd made it outside and was headed for the dorms when he noticed her. The ghoul was near a tree, but that was all the attention he granted her. What was far more important was what she had. Spookies. And not just any spookies, but spookies that looked like they were cooked properly. Not flopping around and falling into bits of dough, not crumbling as though their flavor had been baked out of them. Veering towards her he reached into his back pocket for his wallet, starting to pull out silver pumpkin seeds before he even opened his mouth. "You there, give me one of those spookies."

The Semblance of Unity

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:40 am
Hollandaise had stopped on the way back to the monster dorms to lean againt a tree. She'd gone to visit False, but chickened out halfway there and her spookies lay undisturbed on their plate. Chocolate chip oatmeal. She didn't even know if he would've liked them anyway, even though she needed to apologize, she was sure. It was hard for her to figure out how creeple worked. Her fingers stroked the ridged bark of the tree. Plants, plants were easy. They were slow and constant. Hollandaise didn't like feeling butterflies in her stomach or anything flighty.

And it was in this state of mind that Sacha found her. Her eyes flicked up to him, quickly assessing. Demon - so haughtiness and arrogance were expected. "Hmm. I have a name other than 'you', demon. And why should I give you one of my spookies?" Her voice held no hheat and was merely pleasantly curious. Hollandaise's head tilted slightly, hair falling across one shoulder.

ramenli
I'm not usually this slow, sorry!

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

ramenli

Alarming Consumer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:46 pm
"Uh huh, you also don't have a name tag" he pointed out. "Mine's Sacha by the way, not just demon." Two could play that game if that was really how she wanted it. He honestly didn't care, he was focused on one thing and one thing alone. Spookies. Mere hours were left before he perished, he was sure of it, and each minute his agony would just increase. Or something like that.

"And I'm planning on paying for one. How much do you want?" he had a few seeds in hand now, and he was peering at the spookies critically. "Is that oatmeal in there? Did you mix that in at the end with the chocolate chips or did you add it in earlier?" Curiosity about whatever he was prepared to put in his mouth was one of the only things that would willingly keep him from actually consuming something. If he managed to get her to part with one he wanted to properly appreciate the effort that went into making it.

The Semblance of Unity
You're perfectly fine!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:50 pm
"It is chiefly that your tone is lacking in the nicities expected of students here. I am called Hollandaise." She watched him intently as he questioned her. "Do you cook?" she blurted abruptly. He must, she thought.

"I do not remember exactly what I do when I make spookies - I simply make them and then creeple eat them. It is a slow, precisely measured process, but outside of a kitchen, I cannot tell you exactly what I do." The statement was a surprise even to her, and a note of confusion crept into her voice. When she borrowed a kitchen, she merely did. Hollandaise knew that it felt precise, that she measured and re-measured and became as slow as plant's thoughts. "I suppose, if you are a cook, you may have one without paying. I made them as an apology and I could not work up to actually giving them."

Carefully, she unwrapped part of the plate and held it out to him.

ramenli

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

ramenli

Alarming Consumer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:04 pm
Did he cook. Did he cook. Only the fact that she had the spookies that he so desperately needed kept him from asking if she was blind, or if chef coats were the newest fashion statement where she was from. Judging by her appearance...he guessed not.

Still, the important part was that she was offering him a spookie. While fully prepared to pay he cared much more about getting the baked good in his mouth, so he wasn't going to waste time arguing. Using more speed than he typically used outside of cooking he had his wallet in his pocket and a spookie in each hand. But rather than shoving it all in he bit off the tiniest piece imaginable, testing to make sure that it wasn't something hideously low quality that was going to have him scrubbing his mouth with grass or something.

It was actually...acceptable. He took a small bite and worked his way through it, then for the third bite he just shoved the entire thing in. His wings sagged slightly in relief and he opened his eyes, just now realizing he had closed them. "Pretty good," he offered. "You might want to consider adding in a bit of spice, sometimes it can just set them apart from run of the mill spookies you can just get in the store. Cinnamon normally melds well with the chocolate and can elevate it to the next level. Not too much or you're stuck with a cinnamon dough, you just want enough to have make people not know what's so good about your spookie so they'll keep coming back for yours." That was all he was going to give her for now. A tip in payment for the spookies, and he would keep the dashes of nutmeg to himself. He wasn't giving out all his trade secrets.

Regardless of whatever critiques he'd made he had already started munching on the second spookie. Hey, it was her own fault for holding out the whole plate.

The Semblance of Unity

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:25 am
Hollandaise watched, eyes brightly interested, as Sacha bit into her spookie. He had moved quickly enough getting the spookie into his hand, but then he slowed. It was interesting, that, a mix of speed and slow that appealed to her on some warder-like level. His body language was fascinating.

"Cinnamon? That is an interesting idea." Hollandaise decided that this boil had ideas and that she could listen to them. ["Someone had told me to try adding a bit of cayenne next tome, but this batch I kept simple - I was cooking for someone whoom I do not know well." The warder had given up on getting these spookies to False. It was too awkward, too frightening and she wa altogether too oddly timid about it.

"What kind of spookies do you typically bake? Do you have recipes written down? May I see? Where are they? What is your favorite type of pie to make?" She moved closer to Sacha, eyes gleaming, as questions tumbled out of her mouth. The words chased each other, overla;pping in a train that whispered 'I'm curious'.

ramenli
solate ugh

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

ramenli

Alarming Consumer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:25 pm
"Cayenne is good, but if you're not sure whether or not they like spice cinnamon would probably be a bit safer." Then again, Sacha was the type to think that people should like what he gave them, and just be grateful for getting anything. But he could see tweaking a recipe if there was someone he wanted to impress or give a thank you to.

"Spookies aren't really my specialty," he admitted. "So with them I mostly go with recipes from my parents. And no, you can't just see all of them. There are a few that aren't exactly a secret though, so I could maybe show some of those to you." He wasn't just going to give away all his trade secrets to the ghoul after all. She'd have to earn and steal them just like everyone else. "I've got some recipe cards and cookbooks in my dorm though.

Then he gave her a bit of a look. "Pie?" It was an almost random shift in thought, obviously still related to baking and sweets but it had nothing to do with spookies. "Most of the desserts I make are cakes, so I prefer savory pies like piggle and apple." But that was enough questions about him...or was it. "Do you make anything other than spookies?"

The Semblance of Unity
owob

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:19 am
"I did not cook before coming here, so I have not made many things. Spookies, and I made a blood velvet cake recently. I should like to learn everything, I think. Cooking can be very precise and orderly, but still impulsive - I like that." She felt more like a warder when she cooked, certainly. The idea of making things for other creeple was appealing. She would rather give plants to everyone because plants were still highly superior to food, but there was something to be said for a nice, warm spookie.

She held out the plate to him. Sacha was being acceptably nice, so he could have as many spookies as he pleased. She thought he was rather un-demon-like, after all. "I have never baked a pie, but would like to try. May I see some of your recipe books and cards?" There was an implied 'now' tacked on the end of that sentence, a sort of vibrating impatience. "Where is your room?" If not now, then she could simply... pick his lock. Maybe. Hollandaise had been told that was not nice, but...

ramenli

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

ramenli

Alarming Consumer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:58 am
"You should cook for yourself first," the demon suggested. He enjoyed cooking for others, enjoyed figuring out what cake would appeal to Antoinette the most, liked seeing his mother's pride when he made something particularly complex. But before all of that he actually had to know what he was doing.

"And if you are cooking for someone and they don't like it, just figure out why. You might as well try something bold and adjust accordingly. You don't have to get it perfect the first time for everyone, you can win them over slowly and once you have them by the taste buds they're yours."

He took a bite, a large amount of the spookie disappearing behind sharp teeth as he listened to her question him. "I don't really make spookies all that often," he admitted. "My sister likes cake so that's the dessert I've made the most of. And yeah, I have some basic recipes written down, but a lot of times its just the basics and then I choose what flavors I want to add in. This is just a basic recipe and you change the type of cake batter you want to use. As for pies? I prefer cooking savory foods, so meat pies are what I tend to drift towards. Or sweet masher ones."

The Semblance of Unity
Oh god has this really been waiting over a week I am so sorry! I thought I got to everything from last week already.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:19 am
"Cook for myself?" Her head tilted. "I do not care for cooking for myself alone, though. It seems... pointless. I want to share food." Hollandaise could see the benefit of testing things out for taste, although she tended to like earthier tones in her food. Hollandaise watched his mouth intently as he ate. The warder half-considered asking him to show her his teeth, but she had learned that many creeple were... uncomforable with that. So instead she fidgeted, and tried not to stare.

"You seem very knowledgeable. If I were to let you have the entirety of these, would you cook for me sometime?"

ramenli
i'm the worst im sorry

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

ramenli

Alarming Consumer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 1:13 pm
"But isn't it better to share good food, rather than food you're trying for the first time? You can always get some minipets, they make good test subjects."

But she seemed a bit out of sorts, looking at him as he chewed. "Well, yeah I guess I am. It's kind of the family business. And for the rest of them?" He looked at the food, weighing sweets (not his favorite) with cooking for her (and the value of his ingredients plus his time). Of course what trumped it all was what was in front of him, there immediately for his consumption. "You've got a deal," he settled on with a sharp smile before cramming the rest of the spookie into his mouth.

The Semblance of Unity
I think with this I have proved I am actually the worst! Hey, less than 4 months though! I'm fine with continuing or just having this wrapped up, but that way it has closure and all. I'm not going to lie, I'll tell you what happened to me: Kingsman. Since Valentines day I've written over 200k in fanfics and I've never really written fanfiction before. I'm lost. I'm a completely lost cause. So yeah, up to you if you want to respond or just call it good!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:30 pm
"Minipets cannot tell you how something tastes, but never mind." She smiled, a sly tilt to her lips. She'd gotten a bargain out of him. In Hollandaise's mind, she was the clear winner here.

ramenli
lol no worries! I think that's a wrap c:

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out