Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply :[ The Fifth Age ]:
[PRP-plot]Palace Adventures (rename later)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shicala

Hungry Animal

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:59 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Kerianna adored the ladies of the court, she aspired to one day become one of them. Whenever she wasn't attending the classes and such for school that the palace governesses told her to go to, they insisted she be educated, she was watching those ladies, often even imitating what they do pretending to be in their shoes.

Today was no exception, but when she realized she was supposed to be heading to a class she about faced from watching the purple and yellow lady and went to swim off fast.... Swimming headlong into yet another yellow and purple naiad, this one male. She had not been watching where she was going at all and this not only surprised her but made her tumbles backwards

Daisicle

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:09 am
User Image

Hjortur was... well... wasn't he always in a predicament these days? First it was Pippin, then it was the twins; oh where had the days of life's pleasures and no responsibility gone? He regretting nothing about his decisions, yet he couldn't help but wonder if he was really taking things seriously. Even if he was trying to provide for them in word, his lifestyle reflected no such change except with more frequent visits to the palace and his parents whom provided housing for these children of his.

Today, all of that would change (and he was frightened).

Yes, today he had come following a wavering passion to transform himself from freelancing to court musician. He had to act quickly before his resolve vanished, but with this he would earn his own right to remain in the palace and likely some long-due respect. It wasn't the position that his father insisted of him, but it would probably suffice for everynaiad else.

As he turned the corner, hoping to speak with one of his mother's friends, or perhaps her specifically, he stopped his motion and blinked as a young one ran into him. Good spirits! Swimming closer, he tilted his head as he questioned. "Little miss, are you well?" From what he could recall, this was the first he'd seen of such coloration from the palace population. Who in the sea could her parents see?

Shicala

Daisicle

Aged Genius

Shicala

Hungry Animal

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:21 am
She righted herself, what had she run into, it wasn't hard so it couldn't be a pillar or a wall. She'd have known if there was a wall behind her, she'd lived in the palace all of her short life so far. She looked up, up... up it was a naiad, had he been watching her? Oh well... she straightened up moving to hold herself with the poise she'd seen the ladies of the court use and gave him something of a little curtsy "I am well, thankyou" she said in her most polite and ladylike imitation of the ladies she loved to watch.

daisicle

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:13 pm
Oh well if he thought that the little miss' curtsy wasn't downright adorable, Hjortur would have been confirmed for having a heart of steel. But he did find it cute in all of its childish attempt at a courtly gesture and returned the favor in turn. "That is affirming to hear. To what do I owe the pleasure of meeting you this day, little miss...?" He paused to allow her to give him her name before he straightened up. Glancing about, he questioned, "Wherever are your parents; have you lost them?"

Shicala

Daisicle

Aged Genius

Shicala

Hungry Animal

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 1:17 am
"Kerianna is my name sir." She straightened and clasped her hands in front of herself. Keri heard his next question, parents? she put little thought into this usually. "I have no parents." Her answer was so matter of fact that it may seem she was used to not having any.

daisicle

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:07 pm
"Kerianna..." he said softly, musing almost, "A fine name you have there; fit for a princess." as each and every young naiad girl was and deserved to be treated as: a princess in their own right, by blood or not.

He only paused for a moment when she commented on not having parents. Recent circumstances aside, it wasn't entirely uncommon for such a thing to be true. Even so, it did beg a number of small question when one as young as her was involved, particularly considering he had seen little of her around the palace or heard gossip of a young orphan receiving training there. "If you do not mind me asking," as he assumed she wouldn't, "Where is it that you stay then, miss Kerianna, if you haven't parents to provide you space in their home?" While the common area for hatched pearls to grow in the palace wasn't necessarily an ideal home, it wasn't terrible either. It was certainly better than his own living situation, at least.

Shicala

Daisicle

Aged Genius

Shicala

Hungry Animal

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:13 pm
Kerianna positively beamed at the compliment of her name, not many called her name fit for a princess, but this naiad had. "Thankyou sir" she replied happily. "I just live here with the others who were born here, you live here in the palace too yes?" She questioned him almost innocently, it didn't really occur to her just how many naiad may not live in the palace.

daisicle

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:46 pm
"Myself?" he laughed lightly, politely, at her question, shaking his head. "Though I came of age within these walls, in here I do not currently reside." He paused as he glanced about. "I was actually visiting on some matters related to returning here, and I was looking about for my mother..." crossing his arms lightly, he nodded. "One of the queen's most docile handmaidens she is. A friend even to her highness's ever-cross lady-in-waiting."

No matter, he would find her later.

Back to the subject at hand. "You could join me if you wish. I am sure she would love to meet such a cute and well-mannered girl as yourself." Now, a normal pae would have realized that bringing home a young girl to one such as Vera might give off the wrong impression and lead to unexpected consequences, but as it were, Hjortur did not.

Shicala

Daisicle

Aged Genius

Shicala

Hungry Animal

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 7:21 pm
The young pae was giving her new friend her attention completely, even moreso now then before when she heard him tell her that his mother was one of the ladies she who held a role she wished to one day have herself. Kerianna smiled widely, "your mom is a handmaiden? such a wonderful honor!" she looked positively full of childlike excitement by this fact, and yet trying to hide it and keep her poise to act like those very naiad he was referring to. "Would I? Oh yes please!" Holding herself with such poise was visually tough for the child she wanted to just swim circles around Hjortur.

daisicle

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 2:18 am
Hjortur had to almost visibly bite his lip to keep himself from laughing at the little princess's reaction, her quivering arms and fiercely bright eyes a foil to her otherwise poised manner. Given the time, proper training, and the motivation she so clearly expressed, he was sure that one day she would make a fine handmaiden for the queen.

"As you wish," he motioned for her to follow him before swimming off, eyes looking around. Now, where could she have gone...? A few minutes passed before he caught a glimpse of the familiar indigo scales.

There she was!

"Mother!" he called out, raising his hand as he successfully caught her attention. Coming closer, he couldn't help but notice her immediate fascination with the little girl swimming just behind him. "Oh, this is little Miss Kerianna, a lady-in-training. Mother, I have been searching about for you. Have you--"

User ImageNow Vera had been off doing her lady-in-waiting sort of duties by being a lady-in-waiting-in-the-hall as it were. Sometimes she was a lady-in-waiting-as-she-spoke-to-others or a lady-in-waiting-for-supper. She was always a lady-in-waiting-for-something-or-other. Today it appeared she was a lady-in-waiting-for-her-son-and-some-cute-new-little-one.

A new little one? A new little miss? A new miss in their family?!

Oh she was simply adorable! Simply precious! Her eyes glanced from one to another, a small grin starting to form on her lips. One time he'd brought a young one to her, one without a family of course, and she'd become her little granddaughter Pippin. The last time it had been two younger ones, they her little grandchildren Daedalus and Calliope. Could this mean...? Certainly this meant...

Oh great spirits bless her heart, they were surely welcoming in another young one into their family!

"Oh, yes dear! If I am fine with one I must be fine with all." Ignoring the baffled look on her son's face, she swam closer to Keri, making sure to bring herself to her level. "Kerianna?" she smiled. "Worry not! You can stay with us until Hjortur has a proper home. Surely Pippin would love to have another her age to play with."

Shicala

Daisicle

Aged Genius

Shicala

Hungry Animal

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:16 am
Keri hurried after the yellow naiad and came to a stop beside him looking up at the female naiad with a wide smile on her face. She was doing her best to contain her excitement and keep her poise, but this wasn't easy. "Hello ma'am" she said with a courtsey as she was introduced. And it was even more hard to contain the excitement of possibly staying with Vera, perhaps even learning from her "Stay with you ma'am?" she asked as if trying to confirm she wasn't just hearing things.

daisicle

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:28 pm
"Wait--?!" Hjortur started again, only to be interrupted by his overly-excited and certainly-misunderstood mother.

Smiling, Vera nodded and didn't even skip a beat as she continued to speak with Kerianna. "Yes, absolutely, really most certainly. I ought to ask my husband first, even if it is but a temporary arrangement, but..." she gave Hjortur a sly smile and giggled before shrugging, "...he hasn't the heart to say no to me. Never has." Her expression took a serious (though, it was certainly far from it) look. "He will make sure to give me an earful with his whining though. Always complaining about something or other." She glanced up, voice quieting as if in her own thoughts. "At times, I wonder if he has run out of things to talk to me about..."

"Mother!" Hjortur's stern, yet not rude or necessarily loud, call for her attention brought her back to her senses, or what senses she had. Sometimes, he wondered. "Thank you. Have you seen Lady Aeroniel about today? I have some matters to discuss with her."

You know... Getting a real job and all that.

Pouting, she waved her hand to brush Hjortur's comment aside. "Aeroniel...? What do you need her for? She always complains of you, you know..." her voice quieted some "...though perhaps not as often these days... but you are also gone far more than you were as a child..." Why was that? It had to be a good thing, right? Like maybe they were finally becoming friendly.

Though, not like that of course; she'd never allow it!

Snorri might.

But she would give him a glare and then he'd never allow it either!

Before her mind could wander further, caught on the subject of a potential other for her friend-in-waiting, a cough from her son returned her to the moment. Ah yes, Aeroniel! Wherever had she gone again...? "I believe I last saw her as a lady-in-waiting-for-supper not long ago. You might check the dining area?"

Back to, naturally, more important matters on the other hand. Addressing the little cutie in front of her, she asked, "Now, my son hasn't stolen you from somenaiad elsewhere, right? I mean, I suppose you would make a lovely new granddaughter regardless, but I would have to chastise him then... And I have always been quite terrible at that. That is why he is so very... him.

Shicala

Daisicle

Aged Genius

Shicala

Hungry Animal

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 4:28 am
The young naiad would have been bouncing with excitement if she could , but it was needless to say her mood was nearly palpable. "Oh yes ma'am, I would love this most certainly!" her excited words broken off by the exchange between mother and son about Lady Aeroniel. She looked back and forth between them and then back to Vera "No ma'am I live here in the palace with the matrons."

daisicle

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:20 pm
With his mother going off into her own thoughts like that, Hjortur understood just as well as any close to her that there would be no chance of reasoning with her. He'd learned such a thing as a child; his father even before that. Trying to argue another point ended up in a circular dialogue without any progression or solution. Ultimately, that was how she inevitably got her way.

Not that she intended to ever do such a thing. It was just how she was. And right now, it seemed she was adamant to have another young one to spoil (as if Pippin were not enough for her generosity).

"Oh goodie good! No fishnapping then; it would have been terribly terrible if I had to have learned that my own scales and gills had done something so improper! Simply terribly terrible news it would have been." Nodding once, a half-hearted frown on her face as if to punctuate how awful it would have been. "I believe your caretaker is quite friendly with me; certainly she will understand and let you join us instead... But I must first talk with her. Oh dear! What if she has worried about you, you having been gone but so long - has it been long dear? - even so! Let us search for her at once!"

Reaching to delicately take Keri's hand, the naiad started off in the direction of her choosing (correct or not), before looking back to her son.

"Hjortur."

"Yes mother...?"

"You really should find a reasonable occupation soon; really quite soon, in fact, if you are to care for these lovely young girls you have taken in."

Grinning, she waved before heading off once more. "Godspeed with your matters with Aeroniel!"

And at that, Hjortur signed before heading off towards the dining area. It would seem as though his life had just become a little more complicated than before.

Shicala
We can call this finished at that if you'd like. :33 Sorry for the long wait.

Daisicle

Aged Genius

:[ The Fifth Age ]:

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces