Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:22 pm
User Image

The sounds of chatter died in the distance as Athena stepped away from where the whale's skeleton had sat. The sea, she knew, would eventually claim the skull, and whatever animals felt like going for the smaller bones would come collect them. She glanced over as the young lioness marked by waves and fish left, off on a curious quest of unknown destination and unknown intent. The Bahari wasn't her final destination point, and the dark lioness found she didn't mind. As she got a fair distance up the north beach, she paused at a spot she felt was well beyond earshot for the others down at the skeleton and turned toward Ram, whom she hoped was following. He had words, and she was ready to hear them.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:31 pm
Andranis

Life had not been easy for the Bahari in recent years, and while the lion had attempted to place elders in control of important responsibility within the pride they had been largely unsuccessful. Whether age or a lack of motivation had crept up upon them, he didn't know, all he did know was that he needed to reinvigorate the pride. Not only did they need a leader, they also needed individuals in positions they respected and could turn to in his absence.

He needed to trust them...

He needed to believe in them...

More importantly they needed to be capable.

It was for this reason that he had made the active decision to observe his pride mates - often in silence and while they were unaware. It had proven valuable as he had gained insight into many of those he deemed to have potential. Over the coming weeks he had observed one in particular and after what she had managed to pull off? Well, he knew that he simply had no choice...

Thus, it was with a smile that he followed after the lioness and came to a halt. Lapsing into silence for a moment as they came to a halt, he glanced around him for a moment or two before returning his gaze to Athena.

"I believe you are owed a debt of gratitude," he began.

Epine de Rose

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 2:59 pm
Epine de Rose

She blinked in surprise. Gratitude? Somebody expressed gratitude for something she had done... She couldn't imagine what, though. Not at first. After growing up in the pride to the north, gratitude was something she least expected. After all... In a pride where everybody was expected to be rude and brash, kindness almost seemed foreign. Or perhaps she'd seen the Bhanu in a different light than others.

So it was that the black lioness tilted her head. "Gratitude...? For what...?" The confusion was evident in her blue eyes, mouth shifted in a sideways frown that equaled the level of confusion in her eyes.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 2:21 pm
Andranis

Was it modesty that made up the foundation of her confusion or something else? He wasn't sure, but he did his best to shake the query from his mind and instead, he took a breath. On occasions it was better not to mince words, he had a point to make after all!

"You have done a great deal more than many others in this pride can attest to as of late," he replied and then shook his head. "That is not to say that they all do not serve their purpose, this is most definitely not the case. However it has not gone unnoticed that you took it one step further," he continued and motioned with his paw to the gathered lions behind him. It had been a long time since he had seen the region so busy and entertained.

"You saw an opportunity where others did not," he paused. "More importantly you went through with it," he finished and cleared his throat. "Not only have you provided this pride with a food for a considerable length of time, you fostered relations between others in a manner that has not been accomplished in quite some time."

Another pause.

"You represented this pride in a way that far exceeded my expectations, that is why you are owed a debt of gratitude," he finished softly and raised a brow as he observed her. "I am truly grateful, and I'm sure everyone else is too."

Epine de Rose

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:59 pm
Epine de Rose

Athena's jaw dropped in surprise, and it took her a moment to recover from the shock. "I am... Humbled, Ram. Deeply humbled." She motioned to where the dead whale had once been. "This is a pride of peace, and I only saw an opportunity to foster more with our neighbors and those beyond." Even the baboons from the near-by forest were happy, with their own full bellies and promise of small bones for trinkets. "I suppose, though... That I am more surprised nobody else jumped on such a chance..." She paused. "Present company exempt due to being busy." She wasn't surprised Ram hadn't jumped on the opportunity the whale presented. He had other duties occupying him, usually. A matter of taking care of a feast of a carcass was something, in her observation, he just hadn't had time to deal with quite yet.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:57 am
Andranis

"Perhaps it is because they simply lacked the ingenuity," he replied smoothly and hazarded a wry smile. If it had been necessary he certainly would have arranged to clear the carcass eventually, but he couldn't do everything on his own. As appealing as an autocracy might be to some, he was still an outsider in some respects and he would have much preferred to place the deserving in positions of respect! "That being said, busy or not, if I leapt at every chance to give an order, then no one would have the opportunity to prove themselves capable..." he paused.

"Would they?" he asked pointedly and lifted a brow. He paused again for good measure and then chuckled, "If I'm entirely honest I think a great part of this 'job' that I have includes observing the pride and those in it. I can certainly make a decision or two, but it's rather a waste of resources not to recognise and utilise the skilled," he pointed out.

"Which is why I wished to speak to you in private," he continued and pursed his lips. "First and foremost to ask you, without the pressure of onlookers, whether you are comfortable acting as a representative of the pride and shouldering some level of responsibility in choosing to do so..."

Epine de Rose

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:50 pm
Epine de Rose

The dark lioness gave a bow of her head. "You honor me with your words, Ram." She then offered a smile. "And in making a point, you also make me aware of another... If you bark orders too often, soon displeasure rises within the pride. It begins to fragment as chaos grows, and soon... There is no pride. Or they forcibly place in a new leader."

Athena inclined her head slightly. "Hm, I suppose they may not... Though they could also be biding time. I've seen others so such a thing. Of course, with a dead animal that large, time is of the essence. Too long and it spoils and is only good to hyenas and vultures." Why waste food?

Blue eyes widened in surprise. "You would ask that of me? Ram... I would be honored!" It was a surprise, after all. Granted, she HAD taken the initiative and gone to the Kizingo'zaa to invite them to join in the consumption and saving of the sea beast's meat... She wasn't sure what had possessed her to do so, but it was a surprise all the same. A pleasant one, at that, that he would trust her to represent the pride.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:01 am
Andranis

"I wouldn't have asked if I hadn't been anticipating a positive response," he replied with a small chuckle and shook his head. He was amused that one so capable hadn't had a hunch that she was worthy of gratitude, then again it was often the most modest who made for the best leaders. She wasn't expecting a reward, she wasn't aiming for any form of power, and as a consequence she had acted to better the pride rather than herself...

"Honestly I would have been a fool not to present you with this opportunity, Athena," he pointed out. "I for one, hate wasting resources and you seem to echo these sentiments," he continued. "With that in mind," he tilted his head to the side and smirked. "You made swift work of stripping down that mighty beast to the bone but now we are left with rather a lot of them." he paused and lifted an eyebrow. "Perhaps the first task I would set you is to gather yourself a team and work towards putting them to good use..."

"Am I wrong in assuming that you have something in mind already?"

Epine de Rose

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 1:46 pm
Epine de Rose
I think one to two more posts total will about do it ~

She bowed her head, still smiling. "You continue to honor and flatter me, Ram... And I do have plans for them, actually." She looked up where the dens were. "They will be used to fortify our dens against storms. Surely such large bones will be strong enough to weather the wind and rain of the coast, and the ruts we make in the dirt dragging them up there will create channels to direct rainwater down out of the dens." She stretched. "In all... They will be most useful to us." She then looked down to the skull, still sitting nestled in the sand. "THAT, though, the sea may have back. Who knows... Fish may make their homes in it, but it's too big for us."

Finally, Athena rose, smiling at Ram. "I will wear my new station in life with honor." She then paused, one eyebrow quirked. "May I ask what my new position will be?"

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:51 pm
Andranis
Yep, I think we're good. =D

Well, that answered that question.

His expression was one of amusement as she displayed her prowess and he fought back the urge to chuckle again. Honestly, he'd found an exceptional one here and she'd been right under his nose this entire time. He should have been more observant, he had to wonder how many others were hiding out there that he could utilise.

"I believe you answered your own question," he said after a few moments and smirked. "You will rally the Bumani and direct them so that they may create some truly exceptional work," he continued and cast a glance towards the ruts in the sand... she had a point about those, and the dens. "Anything you might aspire create is permitted, though you may have to recruit some of our scouts to acquire any rare mats you need," he added.

"I think it goes without saying that I look forward to seeing what you can create. Suffice to say if it's impressive enough I may have to go on a tour just to gloat," he remarked and gave a small wink.

Epine de Rose

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:03 am
Epine de Rose
And done ~

Now Athena chuckled. "And gloat you just might! It may take some time, though, while I properly plan out where everything should go and how it should look... But..." She looked at the dens, smiling. "I'm confident."  
[IC] Bahari'mtoto Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games