[PRP] Tell me More (Riak x Ilaorun)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

nessiaing

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:40 pm
User Image

Riak was out an about the grey and red wild dog was light on her feet as she moved through the pride. As a wild dog in a pride of lions she felt a little odd, but she knew nothing else. Perhaps this was how the world was everywhere. She kept her eyes away from those who were very very sick, she didn't like seeing them. From what her mother had told her Riak understood that she would not get sick like the lions of the pride did, and that she was here to help them in whatever way she could. She wasn't a slave though she was a valuable member of the pride.

Riak had an odd family structure, she didn't know her biological dad, her biological mom was in the pride but didn't care for her and her sisters, instead they were raised by a cheetah couple. All in all Riak was pretty sure she had a really strange life.

CaliWolfe

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:54 am
User Image

Ilaorun had a rather strange, no, sad family as well. He chose sad for as far as he could recall he was the only one who still survived. His father had been killed in battle, his mother died of grief... His eldest sister died at the hands of a traitor, and well, he had no idea what became of the rest of his kin. The thought caused a pause in his work and he looked up at the clouds with a sigh.

Today was a pretty sad and gloomy day as well. The sky was an overcast grey, the land held a lifeless dry and decaying brown to it. The thoughts of the deceased fluttered though Ilaorun's mind and all the while he wished dearly he would be able to save just one lion from death. He prayed and he wished he would be able to muster up the skills of a healer good enough to save just a single lion's life. So that they would be spared from the disease, spared from misery or creating misery for family members who still breathed fine.

So far, this mission was going decently. He had enough herbs and he had gathered enough materials to begin to create medicines for the sick and weak. Even now he sat under a tree to create these medicines in peace and solitude. Yet he hadn't even touched the herbs as of yet. No, today Ilaorun was too wrapped up in his thoughts to multitask. He hardly even noticed a small little pup walking by him...

nessiaing

CaliWolfe

Shy Prophet

nessiaing

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:07 am
CaliWolfe

Riak was happily prancing along the trails avoiding looking at the sick. She lived in a pride of sadness but she refused to be sad. As a wild dog she would never fall in from the disease that riddled the pride, neither would her biological mom nor adoptive parents, she would have minimal sadness compared to many others in the pride.

Today Riak wanted to talk to the adults of the pride, she very much wanted to hear about their jobs, as a non-lion she actually had a great deal of ranks open to her. She was able to leave the pride more freely, and there was even a super special rank that was available to only non-lions. Her mom was a secret keeper something that wasn't talked a lot in the pride but something that greatly interested Riak.

She saw the brown lion with the golden swirls she trotted up beside him and smiled. "Hello" she called up to him. She hoped he wasn't busy.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:18 pm
As Ilaorun's thoughts remained focused on questioning his true skills as a healer he shook his head as if to dismiss the subject at paw. He would make people happy. He would not fail. None would be ripped from him at the sting of claws and none would suffer to know they had been fooled. Here, he was no fool. Here, he had a chance to improve the quality of life.

Ilaorun was then suddenly aware of the small creature next to him. A pup. A wild dog pup. A cheery creature whom the disease would not touch. Seeing such an animal brought an odd sense of comfort to the lion as he sat.

"Hello." He smiled down at her. "How are you today, little one?"

nessiaing

CaliWolfe

Shy Prophet

nessiaing

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:38 am
CaliWolfe

The red splotched wild dog looked up at the lion, a smile on her face. As a non-lion or lion hybrid Riak had a pretty easy life in the pride, sure she had death and sickness around her but she had the security of knowing that it would never touch her, her burden instead was trying to figure out how she could best serve the sick and dying.

"I am good? Are you good? I have a question?" She riddled the three statements off without even taking a breath. She stopped and took a deep breath in, her momma always gave her grief about talking to fast, apparently it could be hard to understand her at times. She looked up at the lion again wondering if he had been able to keep up wither her.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:16 pm
He wasn't overwhelmed by the little pup before him, but in a way a bit surprised by her... bounciness. Where he had come from nobody was so thrilled each morning, seeing an excited youth was like a breath of fresh air.

"It's good that you are good." He said with a chuckle, and laid down on his belly to be at eye level with the new small stranger before him. Ilaorun pondered his own mood only for a moment before responding. "I too, am good." Good. Yes. That was a decent way of putting it. Happy, joyful, solemn, what other word was appropriate to how he felt?

Ah, yes. Content.

He had little time to dwell on that as he swore he also heard the pup saying she had a question. "You have a question? Ask away my friend!" He would be happy to reply, Ilaorun thought with a smile on his features.

nessiaing

CaliWolfe

Shy Prophet

nessiaing

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:27 am
CaliWolfe

Riak was happy that the adult was taking time to talk to her. Most of the adults in the pride were either sick or busy tending to the sick. Not many had time to stop and talk to cubs, or answer their silly questions. Riak beamed up at swirly coated male.

"Well I wanted to know what you do in the pride, whats your job? I am trying to figure out what I should do in the pride when I grow up. I'm not a lion I wont get sick, but I want to be able to do as much as I can for the pride. So I am going around asking everyone about their jobs, what they do what they like about it what they don't like. Kinda like a survey I guess." Riak told the adult lion. Her voice so serious and grown up sounding.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:31 am
Ilaorun nodded. "Surveys would be an efficient way to see what you'd rather do." He seemed to be pondering what to tell her. Ilaorun sometimes... Over complicated his words. He felt the need to simplify them for a small pup. His pondering and wondering only lasted for a few seconds however. Then he smiled and responded. "Alright, I will answer your question. My name is Ilaorun, I am a healer. What I like about my job is when I can help make others feel better."

He knew most of those around him were likely to die but that didn't mean they couldn't have hope or faith they'd survive. It didn't mean they needed to pass on without being comfortable... Ilaorun liked making the ill feel good. It lifted his spirits as well as their own.

"What I dislike about my job... Hmm" He chewed on his tongue for a moment before responding. "I don't like seeing the sick and injured in pain. That might sound silly coming from someone who is suppose to be used to seeing them in pain all the time... But I don't like it still." He didn't think anybody did. Only crazy doctors and healers who shouldn't have been doctors at all would smile at the sound of a suffering lion. The mere thought of such a person existing sent a shiver up his spine.

nessiaing

CaliWolfe

Shy Prophet

nessiaing

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 9:52 am
Riak listened to the older lions answer. It was along the lines of what she had expected. She had always respected the healers for the jobs they did. She figured that they must have large hearts to help those who a lot of times were beyond help. All they could do was make them comfortable.

"I don't know if I could handle seeing those that I cared for in pain and dying." Riak said very matter of fact town. She pondered what the male sad for a little longer to make sure that she didn't have any further questions for him.

"Hmm I think the info you have given me was very helpful. If I have more questions I might come find you." she told him with a nod. She turned and began to run back towards her den she couldn't wait to tell her parents what info she had gained today.

CaliWolfe
Oh my! I am so sorry I left this for so long!! Life got crazy and then I lost a bunch of my tags. Feel free to closer her up with your next post.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:00 am
"I'll be pleased to answer any more questions you might have." He told her reassuringly. He even nodded with a faint smile clinging to his lips. Ilaorun then watched the small pup as she ran off and then looked down to his feet, at the medicine he had been working to make before the little one had shown up.

Ah, yes. His memory now jogged of his prior task the lion sat up and began to crush a variety amount of herbs and plants into a fine powder using his paw. Maybe this medicine he was making would be a cure, or at the very least an aid to the disease. Before becoming lost to his work once more he cast a glance to the sky and smiled at his hopeful wishing. Well, he wouldn't know if it was a cure or a poison until he finishing making it, now would he?

With that lodged in his mind he continued to grind the powder up into finer grains of dust, his focus entirely on medicine making. Not of youthful pups and their surveys...

- Fin

nessiaing

CaliWolfe

Shy Prophet

[IC] Kitwana'antara Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out