Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 1:50 pm
Furiza smiled and watched Lawine, able to relax now that they were alone with one another. She was much too tense around strangers, still. Even more of her pride members were intimidating to her. She still felt a little silly, though. Maybe she had been wrong to think he was doing something for the good of the prides in the first place- maybe she had put too much thinking into the whole of it.

It would explain why she had ended up following him- too much worry.

She smiled lightly at the male and his hare companion. She liked Pacha, and wanted to get a companion of her own at some point. A little hare who would be happy to help her out if she needed it, too. And they were so small! Not intimidating at all, even for her.

"I blend in with the snow," she chuckled softly, "it's easy for me to go unnoticed. But I'm sorry I followed without permission! I over thought things and got worried.. but I'm glad this seems like a lovely colony. Though... some of the leopards don't seem to like us here..."

SilverLutz

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 7:59 pm
"That's true," Pacha said, hopping along between the lions now, looking up at the blue lioness. "And the wind was to our faces, so there was no hope of us smelling you. It's nice you came along," she added, Lawine nodding in agreement.

"Yes...they're not very trusting of lions, it would seem," he murmured, deciding to keep a safe distance from the others so they wouldn't feel too threatened. If any of them wanted to come and talk to him or Furiza they'd be more than welcome to, but he certainly didn't want to step on anyone's tails. The look the guard had given him hadn't been friendly in the slightest.

"And don't worry," he reassured her with a nudge. "You can follow me wherever you'd like unless I say otherwise. I never said anything about following me here...to be honest, I thought I'd be gone just for a few days. Now it seems I'll be staying a bit longer than intended, so having company is appreciated."

Cajanic

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

Kolina

Inquisitive Agent

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2014 9:19 am
Chandra glanced over he shoulder at the unfamiliar voice and couldn't help the smile that graced her face. Well look at this one. She thought to herself as he approached her. "Hello."

The tip of her tail twitched as she attempted to keep herself in check. After all the Queen was right there. "Any fur I get from her Majesty will be lovely." She replied with self control and dignity. A noble she might not be but she knew how to conduct herself when surrounded by them. After all, she couldn't not be dignified. At least not here.

"I assume that's why you are here as well? A Young leopard out to receive a gift from our beautiful Queen?" She curled her twitching tail around her paws as she sat looking at the wing marked leopard. So handsome!

"I am Chandra. Lady-in-Waiting to her Majesty." She dipped her head in greeting.

Before she could request his name though Elisheba caught her attention. Chandra instantly shifted her attention to her Queen, though she felt slightly disappointed that her conversation would be cut so short. "Oh! Of course your Majesty. I'll go check on things right this instant." She rose from her spot and glanced at the male, giving him a quirk of her eyebrow as a invitation to follow her, if he pleased, so they may continue their conversation as she did her duties. After all, a leopardess in a position such as herself was very good at multitasking.

Cajanic

Quagi

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 2:12 pm
Enough bodied crowded the ledge outside of the den. As the queen cleared her throat, the group fell silent.

"My beautiful subjects, as you are all aware, winter is coming. In the wake of the devastation, we were ill-prepared to meet the coming cold. With the dedication of all you and those willing to aid us in our hour of need, we will survive. We will thrive and we will see the spring sun rise." The queen sat with what could be called perfect posture among the furs. They would thin out as the day waned and night took hold. For now though, she looked as though her throne was made from them. "Come now, approach, all of you, one-by-one. So that I may gift upon you a boon given to us by your brothers and sisters by the grace of Shan Furen."

There were so many beautiful pelts and thick furs to gift them all with. A surplus even. Which would serve the colony well to lines the floors of their dens with and to shield themselves if the winds and snow made it into the caves, though those furs would be delivered later on by servants and guards to each of the dens after they were counted and rationed so everyone would receive some. Here was hoping that each of the colony's members would appreciate and relish in the fur she gave them then and the others they would receive later.

Closer to the other side of the ledge, away from the group, stood a certain bitter looking leopard. A scowl was firmly put on his face as he watched the smiles and quaint chatter that seemed as though it scratched at his ears, annoying him to no end. Eduard's tail flicked angrily as he sat himself down, content to observe. There was no interest in his mind to accept his older sister's gift, nor should she be the one giving them. That should be him doing that, getting all the praise and gratitude! He should have been king.

OOC

This is where the furs finally start being given out. I apologize for this taking a few days to get going. I'll try my best to respond to every single person to approaches Elisheba or any of my SoA currently involved. Feel free to have your SoA interact with others, trade small trinkets or gifts if they have them (though ICly this happened on short notice, so not having anything prepared isn't too surprising). I really hope you all are enjoying the Mlima thus-far!

Quaji
Crew

Noble Cub

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 4:52 pm
Fili glanced up as Cyne returned, the bird fluttering to land on his back as painlessly as she could manage.The cheetah still flinched a bit but didn't comment on the talons that dug into his shoulder.

"Well?" he asked, glancing at his companion as she un-ruffled her feathers.

"Just a few here and there, none of them look organized and I wouldn't say there's more than normal," she reported back, just as the queen began to speak. Both cheetah and avian turned their eyes towards her, listening to her little spiel. Fili sighed just a bit and glanced up at Cyne as Elisheba finished up her welcoming and bid to come forth.

"I suppose if I go now I won't have to talk to as many other hopefuls in line," he said, to which Cyne nodded.

"Better get up there first, slowpoke," she said with a little wink. Fili shifted his weight and began to walk, limping slowly to the pile of furs and the queen. Once he was within speaking distance he bowed his head respectfully, Cyne dipping her wings on his back.

"Queen Elisheba," he said quietly in way of greeting. This winter he had been expecting his litter of cubs with his mate, but she and the unborn kits had perished in the avalanche, leaving him in need of just one single pelt for himself.

"I'm glad there's such a large pile," he added, feeling at least a bit glad that he had donated so many nice pelts. Quite a few hyena and a handful of jackals, with Cyne herself giving a few smaller ones that probably served as nothing more than patches for the bigger ones should they have holes.

Quaji

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:59 pm
(( I hope it's okay to jump in a little late! <3 ))

User Image

Avani had been sitting towards the front when the crowd began to settle in. She carefully watched her Queen, giving smiles to the various nobles and council members as her eyes shifted. Her eyes landed temporarily on the large amassing of furs, and she could feel a flutter of joy rise inside her; she was so glad that others had come to help her colony, and she knew that now everyone could thrive during the harsh winter.

Even though there seemed to be plenty for all, Avani wanted to make sure that those who needed the furs got them first - or at least the better quality ones. She would have been more eager for one had she had young cubs, but all of hers were grown, all but one still within the realm. She also knew that, if they came up short, Pumilio would probably go out and find one for the two of them to share.

Speaking of Pumi, where was he? As more members gathered, she looked around for him, but didn't see his spotted body anywhere. Maybe some of the guards were out working elsewhere, and were delayed. At least, in such a happy time, that's what she lead herself to believe, especially as the Queen began to address them all.

User Image

Coming up to the large gathering with a few other stragglers, Pumilio had been elsewhere, patroling with a few other guards one last time before everyone headed to the Queen. His pace was quickened, wanting to be reunited with Avani as soon as possible; while the colony had helped his possessiveness subside, there were still definite traces of it. Blue eyes bouncing from one member to the next, he finally caught sight of her, sitting delicately at the front of the crowd. It was too late for him to join her, but at least he knew she was there.

His attention shifted as the Queen addressed the large group; seeing the mass of furs she had, he knew it was time for them to be distributed among the members. For that, he was glad that he sat in the back - if Avani had influenced him in any way, it was her compassion towards others. He knew that, even though she sat in the front, she wouldn't want to be the first given any, no matter how great an honor it would be.

User Image

Following the groups of colony members towards the council den, Malini kept a careful watch on the various cubs the skirted by, not wanting any to injure themselves or fall over a ledge. It was an exciting gathering, and the energy fueled their running and playing, making Malini smile a bit as she walked. She briefly wondered about whether her parents had made it to the gathering yet or not, but as her eyes saw the all the colony members huddled around the Queen, the thought left her.

Finding her own place, Malini's attention was fully on the Queen as she spoke; she was so glad to hear that they had prospered, especially as Malini was someone who watched over the future of the colony. Knowing that they could support the young and help them thrive was inspiring, and she had even more faith in her home.

Polette
Crew

OP-Yuna

Crew

Dulcet Scarface

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:00 am
He was glad that he'd not missed anything in his late arrival, but news that outsiders had been able to simply amble up to the queen without reproach concerned him. Of course, his guardianship leaned more towards their borders than the queen herself, but that did not mean he was not also there to protect her queenie-ness, should it come to that.

Ah, furs - he had no talent in stripping the fur and flesh from the fallen in any way that actually rendered it still usable. It was moving that others would come to their aid. The old fur that lined the floor of his old den now lay buried in the snow after the avalanche...he was indeed in need of another.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 1:10 pm
furiza smiled at Pacha- she was glad she hadn't gotten anyone angry. Especially Lawine. The last thing she wanted to do was make him mad. She enjoyed spending time with him, even as she grew comfortable in their pride together and she stopped having to depend on him for everything. She still liked being with him.

It made her blush thinking about it. She was glad her fur would hide most of the color in his cheeks.

She smiled when he assured her, and nodded in return. "I'm glad. I will always be your company when you want me to be,"

She saw that the leopardess was passing out the furs to the other members of the colony and smiled, watching without being in the way. "What a lovely ceremony," she said softly, "giving gifts to everyone in the colony- that's such a nice thought!"
SilverLutz

"Lady in waiting? Wow! I'm a pretty lucky leopard to have met you, then," Raama offered with a happy bow of his head, feeling very lucky indeed. He loved it whenever he got to talk to a pretty leopardess, more when they didn't look at him like he was absolutely disgusting.

sometimes his flirting got him in trouble. He followed when the leopard went to follow the orders of the queen, all-too happy to keep her company. "So you're pretty important, aren't you? Serving the queen and all. That's gotta be awesome! should I call you my lady?"

Kolina

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

Kolina

Inquisitive Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 10:13 am
Chandra carefully weaved her way through the crowds as she continued her conversation. "Hm, yes. Her majesty is certainly not a needy leopardess but having the priviledge to help her is certainly an honor and pretty important. But no, just call me Chandra." She smiled warmly at him. He certainly was an eager fellow and knew a bit of how to charm ladies.

"So, what do you do with yourself? Anything exciting?" She questioned him as she glanced around to speak to someone who may have the answers to assure the Queen that all was as prepared for their guests when her attention got drawn to her Majesty. "Ah, she's going to start giving out furs now." She glanced at her companion. "Will you be requesting an audience with the Queen for a gift?" She certainly would not blame him in the least.

Cajanic

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:51 pm
Lawine smiled softly at Furiza's comment and had to bite his tongue to keep from replying 'then be by my side always'. They had grown much closer since Furiza had joined and it wasn't really a secret that the had feelings for each other, but Lawine had yet to formally ask the blue lioness to be his mate. He had never really given thought to having a family, as he was so busy with helping out the pride, but now that he had met Furiza he knew it was what he wanted more than anything else. Still...he needed to wait. Just because he wanted a family didn't mean she did.

Lifting his head, he glanced towards the leopard, he watched as she started to dish out some of the pelts. "It is very nice," he had to agree. "They're obviously not as well-built for the snow as some in our pride are." Those that were born into the Schnee generally had a thicker coat, but other joining rogues usually had a few pelts to help keep them warm in the winter.

Pacha watched as well, having to look away a few times as the pelts were shifted around and she could pick out some hares that had been lost to the cause. She knew it was natural for other creatures to hunt her kind, but she was so used to being treated like a companion that it was sad to know it wasn't the case everywhere.

Cajanic

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

Quaji
Crew

Noble Cub

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 1:14 pm
The queen sat among the furs, which grew thinner by the minute as she nodded to those who approached and bestowed upon their backs a pelt of her choosing. At least one of those who approached her she recognized. It was a sad day when she could not greet every member of the Mlima Tuokoa by name, but that was one reason for her ladies-in-waiting. Hopefully others would follow suit and maybe she could have a small, idle chat with some of them. Still, some would not approach her. Twould be odd to simply have one or two receive pelts while the others stood around, waiting for something that knew not what they sought.

Nodding to Cyneburg and Filibert, bidding them to approach closer. "Then we share in the happiness for the bounty we had acquired." Pink eyes glanced over the pile of furs that still surrounded her. There. That one.

Noir followed the queen's head, trying to determine the one she was looking at. Ah, it was a fine one, nothing too special in its own right, but as a gift from the queen? It would most certainly tell a story in generations to come, if it survived of course. Rising from her spot, the black leopard moved to collect an edge of it in her mouth. Being careful to drag it as little as possible, she moved to the cheetah and threw it onto his back.

"I hope you could accept this from me, Filibert." Elisheba smiled brightly as she watched her lady-in-waiting give a simple jackal pelt to the scholar. Even if he had not asked for one, it would reflect badly upon her to not give him something. Even-so, the one he received was one of the better one from the pile, the colors still bright. Her attention turned to Cyneburg, "And to you, dear bird, I do not think I have anything so small that I could bestow to you for your work and companionship you offer to us all."

SilverLutz

[OOC]

Sorry guys, I'll try and pick things up here and get things going here. Feel free to have your SoA approach Elisheba to get a pelt if you want, I'll try to respond ASAP. Trying to run two ORPs at the same time is killin' me though. 8D;

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:02 pm
Filibert waited as the queen had one of her ladies in waiting fetch a pelt that she deemed worthy, and when it was brought back to him and placed on his back he nodded his thanks. He was glad he hadn't gotten any of the flashier pelts, that really wasn't his style. As it was, he'd probably end up using this one as feet warmers, dividing it into four segments to wrap around his paws. they were the things that got the most cold, walking in the snow all the time.

"Thank you," he said with a little bob of his head in the queen's direction as Cyne laughed, fluttering her wings a bit.

"No hard feelings," she said, her eyes bright with delight. "I don't get that cold and, if I do, I just make Fili warm me up. I'm glad there's so many to go around for the other, chilly critters," she added with a wink. Turning around, she walked carefully down Filibert's back to inspect the pelt. It wasn't flashy by any means - she was fine with that, it would help Fili blend in better - and nice and thick, so it passed her test.

Filibert took his leave then after another little bow, heading away from the queen and the pelts. He had gotten his, he didn't need to get in anyone else's way.  

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

Quaji rolled 1 12-sided dice: 9 Total: 9 (1-12)

Quaji
Crew

Noble Cub

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:25 pm
Elisheba waited for Filibert and Cyneburg to depart from her immediate presence before returning smiles and nods her way. Hopefully another would approach her soon. Sighing heavily, she let her shoulders fall for but a moment. It was a moment of rare weakness for her, but it was enough for Noir's face to soften as she watched over the queen.

"Your majesty, perhaps you should rest?" The lady-in-waiting knew of the nights Elisheba spent with Batabata. One of these days, hopefully there would be new princes and princesses for her to watch over and for Avani to scurry around to lessons. Those would be interesting days to come and part of it made Noir miss her own two children, wherever they were now. For now though, neither of them were spoken of by her and for all the colony knew, she had never had children.

"I am alright, Noir. I'm just tired is all. I'm sure they are much more tired than I." Straightening her posture, she waited. Perhaps letting them choose their own pelts would have been a better option instead of her handing them out. Maybe a few more and then she could hand it off to her ladies-in-waiting to finish. The most that she thought about it the more aches she began to feel.

[OOC]

Lets spice things up a little bit, shall we?

Everyone can roll 1 12-sided dice per character involved.
First person to match my roll will get to stop something from going down. You'll find out what in my next post.
If no one matches my roll in 24 hours, then it will progress with no one interfering for now.
One roll per character.

Tanakako rolled 1 12-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-12)
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:05 am
User Image

Junius had been sat off to one side, watching the gathering with her typically critical eye. Sure, she may not have been a guard any longer, but old habits never died and she was most certainly on guard duty as the gathering got under way. What concerned her most wast he sheer number of visitors. If they decided to start something she wasn't sure there were enough of them to keep the lions contained.... Scowling she sighed deeply. She would have to talk to Elisheba about the issue some time. If they were going to continue to let strange lions in.. maybe they needed to increase their supply of tame lions... Maybe even form a sub-rank to the guards of trusted lions to act as the heavy muscle...

Now there was an idea..

Tanakako

Allied Recalibrator

Tanakako rolled 2 12-sided dice: 6, 1 Total: 7 (2-24)

Tanakako

Allied Recalibrator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:09 am
User Image

The pale bunny hopped forwards, glancing round and locating those members that she recognized from their own pride. Smiling she looked back over her shoulder at the young lioness coming up behind her. "Come on Eirwen, its ok." Hopping forwards again she made her way towards Prince Lawine.

"Karli!! Come back!" The young lioness hissed pleadingly as she crept along, head down and tail tucked low. They shouldn't be here! All about them were leopards and cheetahs, only a few lions were present, and she felt both massively gangly and horribly conspicuous, a strange and new sensation for the snow-pale lioness. And her friend was making a beeline for what looked like this pride's Queen!

She had known it was a bad idea to follow the Ice Prince all the ay here, but once they had left their own home, Eirwen had been completely and embarrassingly lost so they had possessed no other options but to follow him and Furiza. Creeping through the gathered crowd, trying not to draw attention to herself, she followed behind her bold as brass hare friend.

SilverLutz

Cajanic

(Forgot my second dice)  
[IC] Mlima Tuokoa Lands [IC]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out