Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Quaji
Crew

Noble Cub

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 10:52 am
User Image

Furs. Furs were coming in like nothing she had seen before. Even rogues and members from far off prides had heard her plight and come to lend their aid. It warmed her heart to no end to see the joy on each member's face as they yet another pelt, no matter the quality, being handed over to one of the Mlima Tuokoa's merchants for safe storage. Every fur coming back would technically belong to the queen, but she was not selfish. These were for everyone, not herself.

Cubs ran along the ledges, being scolded by passing members of the colony as they did so. As they moved, they shouted that everyone should head towards the council den. That the queen was already handing out furs for everyone to wear and that a few others were exchanging gifts. It was an unknown event in a colony that prized itself on tradition, but in light of recent events, it seemed the queen had ideas to make a new tradition. Sitting in front of the council's den and out on the ledge, the queen sat, surrounded by some of the furs, some of which overflowed back into the den itself, that had been brought in to help the colony survive the coming winter which seemed like it may be the worst in recent history. To the queen's left stood Noir and on her right was Barafu-taji. It seemed like there were already a few guards standing near the ledge's cliff to help keep others from falling to an untimely death in this happy time.

The wind was already howling and the air on Umsindisi was already colder than normal, but the sun was out and the skies were clear. Fair enough omens as far as she was concerned.

OOC

Welcome to the Mlima Tuokoa's Christmas event!

This event will basically be an excuse of an ORP to have a lot of the new members mingle, trade gifts and ICly receive a pelt to wear from the queen if they don't already have one. There is absolutely no danger to your character in this ORP. All members of the Mlima Tuokoa are allowed to participate. Rogues visiting because of the call for pelts may also observe and participate in random gift giving. If you're redeeming points for a noble rank, you can ICly obtain that during this RP if you want.

The Prize

User Image
      (colored by me)

Each post in this ORP will count as a ticket towards a raffle that will be rolled after this ends. He will be a servant in the Mlima and must stay within the colony. His name and history is up to you.
      More prizes will be added as the thread gains pages. For ever 2 pages (after the first, so 3, 5, 7, etc), I will add another prize to the pool.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 11:12 am
User Image

Chandra stood off to the side of Noir, observing her Queen and the going-ons around her. So many rogues and colony members had managed to find and trade pelts and the fruit of all of their labor was quite visible. The Queen almost looked like she was sitting on a throne of furs. It made Chandra smile knowing that most, if not all of those furs would be gifted to those in need. Elisheba was loved by her followers and this display of gifting was one of the many things that made so many adore her.

Chandra herself was hoping to receive a fur from the Queen. There would be no greater gift that she could get today. Despite her fuller coat, she could still feel the icy bite of winter and with how early the cold had set in there was no doubt that it would be a rough season. Despite the hardships though, Chandra could wish to be no where else.

Looking out over the guards Chandra took note of the more...comely of the males and gifted then each with a sly smile. Pink eyes shifted to Barafu. Hm, the Captain of the guard and quite a looker as well, in Chandra's opinion. But, the Queen was here and Chandra was not about to show more than a smile to any of the males. A little flirt she was, but she'd never do anything to upset Elisheba. So today, as long as she was in the Queens sight, she'd be on her best, non-flirtacious, behavior.

But oh, so many good looking males.

Chandra sighed contently.  

Kolina

Inquisitive Agent

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 11:28 am
User Image

Raama was very excited about having a little holiday- what wasn't awesome about getting presents from the queen? Sure, it was a fur to wear and everyone needed them, but that didn't mean it couldn't be considered something awesome! How many other colonies did things like that?

He had been running along with the cubs, playing chase with them, until they were told to stop. "Yeah, stop running around. Don't you know it's dangerous?" He said to the little ones, before slowing himself and moving off to find something else to do.

Grinning, he wandered over to Chandra- another leopard who wasn't too far from him. "Hi there!" He hummed with a smug sort of smirk, "Looking forward to seeing what fur you get?" He couldn't help but ask, finding her quite attractive. His carefree attitude definitely made it difficult for him not to flirt with the ladies.

Kolina

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 12:02 pm
User Image
Kiragi had been spending his time within the mountains - enjoying the cool temperatures that he had craved so much when he was a youth.

So, imagine his surprise when he suddenly came upon a colony of Cheetahs and Leopards in such a lovely high ground! It was like heaven to him. He knew, deep down, that he was not part of their clan, but they seemed so inviting and interesting - so - in that moment, he decided that he would rest with them, and watch the on goings, black rimmed ears flickering with interest.

Wandered

Crew

Headless Hunter

33,090 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Melodic Hunter 500
  • Wandering Head-First 500

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 1:23 pm
User Image

"Come on, come on, you slowpoke," Cyneburg said, flying in circles around the head of her companion. "You're going to miss everything!"

Filiberg grunted quietly and lifted his head to snap at the avian, who wheeled out of the way with ease. She was the only one who could tease him about being slow and get away with it, but every now and then Fili wasn't in the best of moods and she'd get an earful. An onlooker who didn't know the two might have thought that was the case now, but the n** was done in a playful manner, even if Fili's expression said otherwise.

"I'm not going to miss anything at all. Look," he said as he limped his way to the gathering. "Everyone is still fooling around."

Cyne settled on Fili's shoulders and peeked over his head, watching the commotion. This present-giving wasn't something she'd done before, nor was she going to start. A fur on her would look rather silly, and she was more than content to snuggle up with Fili if she got cold. The cheetah, however, could always use a little more protection from the chill.

User Image

Another figure approached the gathering of animals, this one larger than the general attendant. Lawine seemed even larger than he already was, carrying pelts upon his back in splendid form. Zebra, antelope, hyena, wild dog, the colors and patterns were vast and plentiful. He had seen the gathering of leopards and cheetahs in a vision and, although he had gotten a rather distrusting feeling from it, he decided he'd go to the snowy gathering with his own presents.

Beside him, his hare Pacha hopped along. It was uncanny how the two looked alike, but they both passed it off as a coincidence. What else could it be, after all? His sister considered her familiar another part of her since her hare looked like her as well, but Lawine wasn't as day-dreamy as she was.

"Just as you said," Pacha said, her voice soft. "Not one lion among them. Some have familiars, though," she noticed, her nose twitching in excitement.

"Yes," Lawine said, a gentle smile on his face. "Stick close to me for the time being, though. We're not sure if they'll be friendly or not." It only took the prince a moment to locate the leader: she was seated by the pile of furs that had already been brought to her. He made a slow and respectful beeline towards her, pausing a few paces from her so as not to appear a threat. He had noticed wherever he went everyone fell silent and stared openly.

"Greetings from the Schnee la Neigemilima," he said with a warm smile. "I'm Lawine, and I saw your gathering and collection of pelts in a vision. From one snowy pride to another, I've brought a few pelts from our own stock for you."

Quaji

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 1:39 pm
As the lion prince approached the queen Barafu-taji stepped forward to place himself slightly between the maned male and the colony's ruler. Protecting the royal family was now the charge of the guards, and the queen specifically was his.There had always been a strong distrust towards lions in the captain, especially after being ambushed by two in the plains not even a moon ago. It was a healthy distrust though. For all he knew, this 'Lawine' could be a spy sent by the Msitu'nyeusi. Silver eyes narrowed as he watched him carefully. While he would have absolutely loved to give the lion a stern frown and send him away, he never got his chance.

"Let him pass, Barafu-taji."

Without glancing away from him, the captain of the guard stepped back, allowing the lion to approach and speak with the queen. There were unfamiliar faces mixed with ones he recognized. The guard would need to be vigilant today.

Returning the smile, she nodded towards him. "Welcome to the Mlima Tuokoa, Lawine of the Schnee la Neigemilima. Your gifts are beautiful and accepted with our gratitude. Please, join us for the day. Company from another pride is always welcome." The wind picked up for a moment, muting her speech from all but Lawine and those around her. "Please pay no heed to those of my colony that would look at you ill-kind. Our colony has a deep-seeded distrust of lions. Make no mistake though, you are my guest and I would have you treated as such."

While others were arriving due to the calls of the cubs, the queen decided it would be best to wait until beginning to hand out the furs. To give others a chance to arrive.

SilverLutz

Quaji
Crew

Noble Cub

CaliWolfe

Shy Prophet

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 2:07 pm
User Image

Lyubov was seated nearby to Barafu-taji. Or rather, she was trying to contain her excitement as best she could and remain as calm as possible. She looked as a result as happy as a cub, fidgeting with a kind smile pressed across her features.

So much happiness! So many smiles! It pleased her so that she was able to attend the fur-handing out ceremony even if skinning and cleaning part of the pelts had made her ill. In fact, she wasn't able to aid in that way even a little bit although she had managed to find poor frozen animals and bring them back as materials for pelts.

It was almost as if by simply being there she had completely forgotten that particular part of the last few days she had spent sobbing over the dead animals.

User Image

Near one of the ledges of the area sat Tesbel. He, although much to a lesser extend than Lyubov was also pleased to be attending the event unfolding before him. He did not expect a pelt, nor did he need one really, as his fur was thick and the cold was lovely to him. With each degree lower, with every strand of wind that whipped against him and threatened to strike hard enough to force him from his post, Tesbel seemed to grow even happier in spirit. He feared not the chills of winter.

When Lawine arrived Tesbel stiffened. Lions were trouble as far as he was concerned, and he would be keeping a watchful eye to ensure none of them made any trouble appear. Mind you it wasn't as if Tesbel cared for what occurred to anyone around him really, but he did care about his own fate. Death by a lion seemed almost insulting to him.

The splotchy, quiet leopard's ears failed to hear whatever it had been that the queen told Lawine, although it seemed to be friendly and this caused his shoulders to relax. Besides, the Captain was right there, was there really much for him to worry over?  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 2:11 pm
Fili snorted softly as he spotted the lion, weighed down with pelts and making a grand show of things. Clearly he didn't know the pride that well.

"Who is this elephant's dung ho-"

"Cyneburg," Fili snapped, no fond tone in his voice. The bird flinched at the full use of her name said in such a manner and she ruffled her feathers, preening them as if she hadn't said anything at all. She could get away with quite a bit with Fili, but there were times when even she crossed the line.

"Well. I'm just saying, he's marching in here like he owns the place and making a big to do about these pelts."

"Hush," Fili murmured quietly. It was what he had been thinking, but in reality the lion wasn't making a show of anything. He was speaking to the queen now, despite being intercepted by the captain of the guards. "We'll wait and see what he does, then pass judgement."

---

Lawine smiled at the striped leopard as he put himself between the queen and his path. He could admire those that took their job seriously, and he took no offense to the glare he got. When he finally got to the queen, he bowed his head in respect as she welcomed him.

"I would love to," he said, lifting his head with a smile. The news of those around him having a distrust of lions made him give a soft 'ah' of understanding. Now his vision made sense.

"I can assure you, I mean you and your colony no harm. I'll keep that in mind, though, thank you for the heads up. I don't want to step on anyone's toes while I'm here." He hadn't been sent on a mission by his parents to create an alliance, it was under his own will. His pride was very peaceful, though, and there was a certain kinship to the other prides that made their homes in the snowy areas of Africa.

By his side, Pacha peeked out from around his leg, glancing at the queen. She hopped forward and gave a little bow as well before sitting up on her hind legs, paws crossed before her. "And I'm Pacha. He's a bit forgetful sometimes," she said with a tiny smile. "You'll have to forgive me if I'm a bit curious...I've only known lions. Is your colony welcoming to non-predator familiars?" She just wanted to know if she should stick close to her companion or if she'd be free to wander around.

Quaji

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 2:21 pm
User Image

Furiza knew she probably wasn't supposed to go with the prince to another pride. It wasn't her place to follow after him, and he was off doing something diplomatic to help better the lives of both snowy homes. Peace between homes was always something to strive for. But it was not something a new member needed to be involved with.

All the same, she had followed after Lawine, just because she had thought that maybe things wouldn't go well or he might get lost on the way back. Maybe there would be a storm, or something would happen that would leave him trapped somewhere. All these things that had made her nervous. The idea of something happening to him just didn't sit well with her.

Her ears flattened against her head as she moved to catch up with Lawine. The animals around them seemed very tense- she didn't really know if it was a good idea to be there. The leopard he was talking to, though, seemed more friendly. She had to have been the leader.

"Um," she offered softly, "I'm... I'm sorry for intruding... I just... I'm from the same pride as Prince Lawine. I just... I um.... I wanted to keep him safe.... on the journey...." she shuffled on her paws and looked at the snow, feeling terribly awkward.

Quaji

SilverLutz

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 2:31 pm
"Your words put me at ease, Lawine." He did seem kind, but she still knew that her guards would watch him, as they watched all of the lions in the pride. It wasn't as though they did not trust him, they just did not trust any lion to the full extent that they might be in other prides. There had already been betrayal in their history, death even and with the avalanche being blamed on them as well...It was no surprise really. Still, he seemed to almost not be capable of ill-will to the colony as far as Elisheba could see. It seemed her captain saw differently though.

Small words caught her ear, causing her head to turn downward. It was certainly odd to be addressed by a hare of all things, but it was still a guest. "We are of some. You'll find our scholars have avian companions who help them in their duties. As for hares...I cannot say that any of our members have companions like yourself. Pray tell, why would a lion such as he be accompanied by someone as small as you?" This pride that he came from was unknown to the queen and one that, despite how unlikely it would be to ever form an alliance, having knowledge of, however minimal, would be good.

Suddenly the queen's head raised at the sound of another who stood before it. Another lion, though this one lacked a mane. A lioness. "Prince? Lawine~ You did not tell me of your station in your pride. My rudeness is inexcusable. I would like to invite you and your companions to eat with me tonight as an offering of apology." This made this situation all the better. He would know more about his home than any of her scholars could tell her. She had known he had been from a land, but to hear that he was a prince caused the queens' interest to jump tremendously.

Cajanic

SilverLutz

Quaji
Crew

Noble Cub

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 3:02 pm
Fili's ears perked up a bit as a lioness joined the lion by the queen. Well, this was something. One lion was not much to worry about, but two was starting to get a little fishy.

"Cyne," he murmured softly, and the bird was gone before he even had to tell her what to do. He had never been a guard, but his mind was sharp. Cyne was on the same wavelength as him and would do a quick circle of the area to make sure there wasn't any sneaky packs of lions that were going to ambush them.

--

"Oh, for a few reasons," Pacha said with a little nod. "You see, I don't have any trouble walking atop the snow. Lions are quite heavy and sink in the deeper drifts, so while they're lumbering about, I can scurry here and there to deliver messages, check for food, and also help out in avalanches. Sometimes it's a danger to send lions out to look for victims as they could set off another, but we are quite light and quick and can locate anyone calling for help without putting others in danger.'

Lawine smiled just a bit as Pacha explained why hares were common companions of the Schnee lions, but turned in surprised when a familiar voice came from beside him. Furiza stood with him, and he stared in complete shock. How had he not noticed she had followed him? Jaw slightly agape, he had to stop himself from moving closer to her to give her an affectionate nuzzle. She certainly was loyal, that much could be said, and something about her gesture to come with him made his heart flutter.

"Furiza...you didn't have to," he said, although there was nothing but affection in his voice. He knew she was shy, and to have come here amid all these strangers spoke volumes about her. The queen's voice brought him back to reality and, had he no fur, his blush would have been clear on his face.

"Oh...she spoiled my fun," he teased a bit. "I didn't wish to impose my rank in a pride that has no alliance or sway with yours." Really, he didn't like his title all that much, and were he able he would have cast if off and taken up some sort of useful rank within his pride. But tradition was tradition, and while he kept his title, he busied himself with hunting and gathering and the other tasks the non-royals did.

"But I cannot turn down an offer as generous as that," he added, lifting his head a bit to appear more princely. "Furiza and I would be glad to join you, and I apologize for omitting that bit of information."

Cajanic

Quaji

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 3:26 pm
Furiza felt a little like she had ruined a surprise when she heard the leopardess say that she hadn't realized he was a prince. Oh Mkodi- was she not supposed to have said that?! She had just wandered up and spoke without even thinking about it. Maybe she wasn't even supposed to say anything! She was nobody- was it really okay for her to speak to this lovely leopardess? She was clearly the leader here.

Oh, she had really stuck her paw in her maw this time around.

Frowning, looking down at the snow as though she intended to find each and every snowflake, she awkwardly smiled when he said she hadn't needed to come. It certainly seemed so! "I'm sorry," she said softly, returning the nuzzle, "I didn't mean to ruin anything, or say something I wasn't supposed to say..."

Thankfully, it looked like it was all still okay. They were being invited to dinner! She smiled weakly. "I, um, I would be honored." She moved herself closer to Lawine, pressing lightly against him. There still seemed to be some leopards glaring at them at a distance.

It made her even more nervous.

SilverLutz

Quaji

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

Quaji
Crew

Noble Cub

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 3:52 pm
((Just letting yall know that the prize has been added in as well as information about more prizes being added. I'll probably late to replies, gotta help with Christmas dinner. <3))

"There was no foul done. In fact, I look forward to having your company later and hearing about your home. I will have one of my guards fetch you when preparations are complete. Until they, I bid you three to enjoy the hospitality of the Mlima Tuokoa, wherever you may find it. You are my guests and I hope my subjects will treat you as such." Bowing her head, the queen effectively ended the conversation for the moment.

Cajanic

SilverLutz

Turning to glance to Chandra, Elisheba smiled. She was not blind to the passing glances that her lady-in-waiting gave not only the other guards but also her captain of them. It was not only them that seemed to garner the lavender leopard's attention, but truly any strapping male who passed in front of her. "Chandra, after these furs have been passed around, could you see to it that there is enough for our guests to each and also some young shoots, buds or roots for Pacha?" That was what her tutors had told her that they ate, hopefully it would be right.
Kolina

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 4:02 pm
User Image Such a fine event was sure to draw Mythrandir from his wandering and back to the heart of the pride that he served and loved.

"I hope I've not missed anything yet?"

Surely nothing could start without him there! At least, such was his prideful way of thinking. He was not the most humble of leopards, but neither was he as unpleasant as some who may have been just as full of themselves.  

OP-Yuna

Crew

Dulcet Scarface

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 7:46 am
Fili watched Cyne as she circled until he couldn't see her anymore. Good, she'd be off for a little bit, hopefully bringing back good news. They didn't need a pack of lions descending upon them at their little festival. This was supposed to be a happy time, not an on-your-guard one. Well, unless one was a guard, he supposed.

A voice by his side caused him to glance over and he spotted a leopard striding in. "No, nothing of note, except for two lions waltzing in and going right up to Queen Elisheba without so much as a word against it,' he muttered.

F a y t h - x

"Of course," Lawine said with a bow of his own. He could recognize when a conversation was over and, as the queen turned away, he did so as well. Pacha followed, hopping along behind her companion as the prince made his way back into the general masses of cheetahs and leopards.

Quaji

Once they were out of ear shot, Lawine gave Furiza another fond smile and bumped against her gently as they walked. "You didn't ruin anything," he reassured her gently. "Perhaps you did something for the better, actually. I wasn't intent on coming here to strike up relations with our prides, but now that I know they have ill feelings towards lions, perhaps putting a good feeling with our pride's name will benefit us in some way."

"It couldn't hurt," Pacha said, hopping up beside Lawine, smiling over at Furiza. The lioness was rather shy and Pacha found it endearing. She also took a liking to Furiza, seeing how she and Lawine were so similar in nature as well as appearance. "You're very sneaky," she added with a little laugh. "I didn't even notice youw ere following us."

Cajanic

[IC] Mlima Tuokoa Lands [IC]

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces