Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Deus Ex Machina, a humble training facility located on a remote island. 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities
[PRP] Its a Couples Thing (Ripley & Finn) Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Seussi

Ice-Cold Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:13 pm
Christmas. A holiday Finn could really do without. Prior to Deus, in the years that he lived alone (the time with her didn't count), he had in fact, done without it.

But on Deus, it became almost a courtesy, giving gifts to others because they had done the same for him. He still wasn't a fan, didn't like how forced it all felt, didn't like having to actually be thoughtful when he was normally anything but. Give him a birthday over Christmas. That was something to celebrate. Surviving to live another year older was worth a party and a few presents.

Of course Ripley's birthday just happened to be on Christmas.

Of course.

So, first thing that morning, Finn had sent his not-boyfriend a photograph, of himself of course, naked and wrapped in a bow.

It was so very not clever, but somehow so very satisfying. He hit send and awaited a reply.

Enoh Love
Text to Ripley: Happy Birthday!

[attached img] [BirthdaySuit.jpg]

And Merry Christmas too, I guess.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:03 pm
Ripley had been about to head to the portals when the text came in. He considered ignoring it, as he was sure it was some well-wisher from the few that knew, but he couldn't help it. He glanced down at his phone, and saw the sender's name. Finn. Of course it would be Finn. Now, by their agreement, he had no choice but to look, just in case. He sighed to himself as he scrolled through the apps he needed to get to his messages, and opened the most recent. Like an idiot, he opened up the attachment before reading the rest of the message.

...Well then.

A gloved hand came up to wipe off the stupid grin before it even had a chance to settle on his lips, but he let his fingers linger there, gazing down at the photo as it now provided him with an interesting choice: he either ran away like he always did today, or. Or...

He glanced away, but ended up looking at the photo again, still faced with that choice.

Though he'd be lying if he didn't also wonder if wireless printers were a thing on Deus.

It did take him a moment to respond though, as he stared at the body he knew so well, now a present, and debated. Eventually he put his bag down, leaving it in the middle of his room, his choice made. The door was opened, the hall was crossed, and he invited himself into the room that housed a hopefully still naked Finn. Even if he did linger in the doorway, propping it open with his own body while effectively blocking the view from the hallway.

"I don't like my birthday." He admitted, peering into the room. "You know that, right?" Yet as he said this, he moved into the room, the door finally closing behind him on its own. "But you make a convincing argument." He trailed off, musing as if he had more to say, but instead he reached out, gloved fingers curling around one of the trailing pieces of ribbon.

Seussi

Enoh Love

Seussi

Ice-Cold Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:37 pm
The message had gone through, but there was no immediate response. There wasn't even a slightly delayed one, and while Finn's disappointment didn't show, it was still there, deep down, and he let out a small sigh through his nose as he moved around his room, debating getting dressed and going back to his daily routine or simply going back to bed to avoid the impending holidaying and good cheer that was sure to be sweeping across the island at any moment. The target for his photo might have been away on a mission, busy, off island on personal business, or, really, Ripley might have just been being Ripley, unresponsive, or perhaps just uninterested.

Fingers raked through hair that was getting a just tad too long, pushing it back from his face, unintentionally styling it before the same fingers dropped to scratch against the stubble on his cheek. The ribbon was, ridiculously, still in place, but likely wouldn't be for much longer as he stretched his arms over his head, yawned for perhaps the tenth time since waking up, and moved over to his dresser where he could find himself breakfast in the form of nicotine.

He had only taken a couple of steps when he heard his door creak open. It could have been anybody, and here he was bare assed with only a ribbon to hide other certain parts of himself from view. Of course, he turned with a pleasant but typically cold smile on his face for whoever it was that decided to grace him with their presence, feeling absolutely no shame.

Ah, Ripley. So he had gotten the message (or so Finn could assume by his opening statement).

Didn't like his birthday...right. Well, that was something that Finn could relate to, having snuck himself off island the night before his own, running away from it just as Ripley had (unknowingly to Finn) intended to.

"Is that so?" His smile became wider as he stood and waited for Ripley to enter, arms crossing over his chest.

And then that smile melted into a smirk, and a small exhaling snort through his nose, shifting when Ripley reached for the ribbon, stepping just that little bit closer towards him, his arms uncrossing so that wrists could rest lazily upon the other mans shoulders.

"....Apparently I'm good at that." He breathed out with a laugh, one arm sliding around, hand going to the back of Ripley's head as he leaned down for a kiss.

Yes, using sex as a tool to win debates, arguments, or just in general to convince the other man that something was a good idea....definitely Finn's forte.

"Now, what would you like to do with your gift?" He grinned against the other mans lips.

Enoh Love

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:34 pm
Ripley's head tilted a fraction, his gaze narrowing on that smirk as it formed, and as he resisted another one of his own. He really didn't like his birthday and was usually happy enough to focus on Christmas, but how could he say no to this rather interesting present? Even if it was one he had enjoyed many times in the past, it was still a good thing to get. Like chocolate.

Arms crawled around his shoulders, and he couldn't resist standing a little straighter, his fingers still lingering on the ribbon that had been placed much closer than it was before. It was tempting him, but he resisted for now. Half of the fun was waiting, after all.

"You are." Ripley agreed, leaning in to return the kiss he was given and lingering for a moment or two longer than intended. One hand slid away from the ribbon to hold the back of Finn's neck, the other sliding to just rest on his hip for the time being. In the back of his mind, something gnawed - some lingering worry, or some mild confusion. Yet they were quickly overwhelmed in the moment, and he had no qualms about it in the slightest.

Instead of answering the question right away, he pressed another kiss to those warm lips he couldn't get enough of. Then a third, and a fourth, and then finally he paused, the hand on Finn's hip sliding back towards the ribbon.

"Use it, naturally." He answered, finally, as he carefully pulled to untie the ribbon.

"Or, play, I suppose." He corrected, leaning in to silence any further words with a kiss.

~*~*~

It was probably his best birthday to date, at least as far as he could remember.

He was exhausted and too warm for his liking, but he was sated. More than that, really. He could handle the tired and the warm and the sweat-slick feel his body gave, because it was worth it. The satisfied tingle, those precious few moments of bliss that followed.

"I was about to leave." He admitted as he regained his breath, rolling onto his side to face Finn again, placing a small kiss to the other man's shoulder. A habit they both shared, apparently. "A minute later and..." There he trailed off, resting his head against Finn's shoulder with a content sigh.

"Thanks for the gift."

seussi

Enoh Love

Seussi

Ice-Cold Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:55 pm
He did, however briefly, wonder if he might just be laughed at for his cheesiness, because really how could he really expect to taken seriously in his current apparel? And calling himself a gift, How corny could he possibly get? But somehow, Ripley didn't just laugh at him, and instead went along with it, which was just fine with Finn, who was just as eager to receive those kisses as Ripley was to give them. The moon hunter had been quite absent, as of late, his days filled with duties, missions, work, and just his own selfish desire to hide away from the world at times in general.

But he had missed this. This was always worth coming back to.

If Finn had anything to say when Ripley finally answered him, it was stifled by more kisses, and that was absolutely fine, his hands sliding down to the hem of Ripley's shirt, eager to "unwrap" him as well.

---

It was, of course, just as it always felt to Finn afterwards, though perhaps just a little more satisfying then usual since it had been so long. Too hot, however, his hair damp and his body covered with a sheen of sweat. But he was content, his head propped up by one arm, his eye half lidded.

When Ripley rolled towards him, he turned his head that way, and met that amber gaze with his own, an eyebrow lifting. "I guess I also have good timing then, though I am somewhat surprised to hear we share something else in common. Should have left the night before, like I did." He smirked.

With Ripley's head on his shoulder, he snuck his arm around him, his fingers playing lightly with the ends of his hair. "Well, it is Christmas too, I suppose, if you're into that." Finn wasn't, but for Ripley, he supposed he could pretend it was more about that then his birthday.

"You're welcome." His smirk widened, "I recommend giving it's batteries a thirty minute recharge before further use."

And then a thought occurred to him, and he frowned slightly.

"Unless, of course, you still plan on leaving."

Enoh Lovex

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 8:18 pm
"Couldn't." Ripley shook his head. "I was on duty last night." The earliest he could leave was this morning, especially since by the time he was finished work, it was late and he was tired. Next year, he decided, he would leave the night before. It was decided a whole year in advance. The comment about recharging had him snort with amusement though, just once.

"Not a very long lasting toy, is it?" He couldn't help but snicker, amused enough by it. Certainly it was a toy that lasted perfectly long, and was rather satisfying, but it wasn't exactly something he felt the need to bring to Finn's attention. He was sure he knew it.

"I'm debating." He admitted, trying to focus on something on Finn's wall, but naturally failing. "I did book the day off." And it was Christmas day, which was somewhat hard to book considering the amount of doomed couples attempting normalcy. Plus, it wasn't fair that Finn got to take off on his birthday and he didn't. Somehow.

"Unless you had Christmas something planned?" He carefully omitted his birthday; they had already celebrated, so now, it was over.

seussi

Enoh Love

Seussi

Ice-Cold Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:35 pm
Ah, well that made sense, than. Both for why he hadn't heard from the other man the previous evening (not that he had been expecting to) and for why he was still around this morning. Rolling over slightly so that he was facing the other man better, his fingertips moving to stroke idly between his collarbone and his shoulder, Finn leaned in to place a kiss along Ripley's jaw. "Well, if it means anything, I'm glad that you decided to come here instead." A small smile, a split second before he was letting out a scoffing laugh.

"It lasted long enough to do it's job, and I believe it does it's job quite well on top of that. It comes with a guarantee of satisfaction, after all, and I never heard you complaining." A smirk now, and he rolled onto his back again, though his arm remained wedged under and around the other man.

He stared at the ceiling as he processed Ripley's words. A Christmas something? No, but he could at least pretend that he had, if he was that desperate to keep the death intermediate around......though at the same time, he knew he was being selfish, wanting it all when he himself would not have been so willing.

"There may have been something...a gift or two, a steak dinner, a cake....a Christmas cake." He carefully amended, reaching up with his free hand to rub at his face. "And, of course, more sex." a few beats pause.

"But I wont try to stop you if you'd rather go. I'm sure somebody else would enjoy my cooking." And the gifts, of course, could always be left in Ripley's room for him to open upon his return.

"I took the day off, too." Which was probably why he'd been so MIA lately. Extra shifts to make up for it.

Enoh Love

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 2:35 pm
"Me too." He admitted. It had been a long time since they had the chance to meet like this, and it had been only too easy to miss. The delay in leaving had, in fact, turned a rather nice profit. "Mm, sure." Was his only comment to Finn's defense about the so-called 'toy'.

Everything about this screamed birthday, not Christmas. It was just enough to make it uncomfortable for him as it was mildly unfair; Finn had buggered off for his birthday, but Ripley's was unfortunate enough to have a cover story. He couldn't run away as easily. He frowned at the mention of cake, and the correction didn't make it any better.

Finn had booked the day off, too. Interesting. Why else would Finn book the day off? Without a family, Christmas was just another day; without a solid relationship, there was no need for it. Birthday, his mind supplied as the answer to the question he hadn't wanted to ask.

"Does any of this require staying on-island?" Ripley questioned, rather surprised with himself that his words hadn't been along the lines of May god have mercy on their stomachs, I'll see you tomorrow. "We could go somewhere cold for Christmas." He suggested, suddenly feeling a rather intense want to be warm and cozy while the world around him was frozen and white.

seussi

Enoh Love

Seussi

Ice-Cold Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 4:40 pm
Finn waited for a reaction he for some reason hoped he would get. Protests perhaps. Disgust, maybe. As usual, Ripley gave him a disappointing amount of absolutely nothing, and after a small pause of silence, when the other man asked his questions, Finn let out something between a snort and a scoff.

"I didn't, actually, have any ******** plans beyond this." He gestured to his very naked self. "What the ******** do you take me for? A caring, romantic boyfriend that wants to treat his man right? There's no dinner. There's no god damn cake. There are presents but you'll get those whether you like it or not, and I don't give a s**t if you consider them for your birthday or for Christmas."

He rolled over, a smirk on his lips as he reached over for nightstand, and the pack of smokes sitting on top.

"I do have the day off, though. Just in case, I guess. I'm not completely thoughtless." A pause while he got a cigarette out and pondered Ripley's question.

"Somewhere cold. Sounds familiar." Another pause while he lit up and took a long inhale.

"Up to you." What he left unsaid was clear, that Ripley didn't have to feel obligated to take him along for what was clearly meant to be a day alone.

Enoh Love

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 7:40 pm
He wasn't sure if Finn was covering his tracks, or if he had just been played. But either way, he let out a small sigh, and reached up to rub his face with both hands as Finn turned away to get his smokes. He was paranoid, wasn't he? Of course Finn wouldn't have gone all-out for him. They weren't really dating, after all. Not technically.

"I have a Christmas present for you, too." He admitted anyway, though the subject had been silent for so long it was almost dropped.

"I will always go somewhere cold for vacations." Ripley admitted very seriously, though it was probably very obvious by now. He pondered his answer though, and reached over to take the smoke from him for a moment, just long enough to take a drag of it himself. "You can come with me. I guess" He decided finally, handing the smoke back after that rather calming dose of nicotine.

"But first-" He half grinned, rolling over and throwing his leg over Finn so he could sit on the other man's hips. Bare hands slid up Finn's torso as he leaned down, pressing a kiss against the side of his neck. "I need another shower." He grinned into flesh, and moved to get off of him. "I'll meet you at the portal?"

seussi

Enoh Love

Seussi

Ice-Cold Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:23 pm
At the mention of a Christmas present, Finn's curiosity was piqued. "Oh really?" Except for the Christmas part, that sounded rather nice. "And here I thought offering to put up with me for an entire day was my gift." He grinned, letting Ripley take the cigarette away without complaint.

"Hrm. My dad always liked to go camping in the mountains. May long weekend, every year, to either Banff or Jasper. It was always ******** freezing, and we always stayed in a tent." There was an almost distant look on his face as he replayed the memory, and soon he was taking his cigarette back for another drag. "We should do that, sometime. I think you'd like it there."

There wasn't really much time for further discussion, however, as first Ripley was confirming permission to go with him, and then, quite quickly, had managed to wind up straddling Finn's hips. Bare skin broke out in goosebumps as the other man kissed the side of his neck, and before Ripley could move off of him completely, Finn attempted to catch him and pull him down for a proper kiss.

"Yes." A small smile was given, "Just give me thirty minutes to get cleaned up and get packed."

Enoh Love

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:12 pm
"I do that on a daily basis. Gifts are for special occasions." He clarified with a small smirk. Winter camping sounded like fun. Cold, freezing, terrible fun...except... "It's December." He reminded him. It was too cold for a tent, at least right now. But it did sound like something he'd like to do at some point.

But then he straddled Finn, and the whole topic of the place was dropped. All he focused on was the goosebumps that appeared and vanished on his skin, and the way he was pulled back for a real, proper kiss. He indulged in the gesture, the original lingering then trailing into one smaller one before he pulled away, leaning back and finally crawling off of the other man.

"Half hour." He reminded Finn, collecting his clothing and leaving the room for that shower.

++++++++

Twenty-two minutes later, Ripley was at the portal, a duffel bag over his shoulder and his still wet hair slicked back. He moved to speak with the tech on duty, and then waited for Finn to arrive.

There was still at least six minutes left, after all!

But he checked his watch anyway.

seussi

Enoh Love

Seussi

Ice-Cold Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:53 pm
Packing didn't take long. A single change of clothes with an extra hoody and pair of jeans thrown in, just in case something happened that would require him to get changed (though in worst case scenario he knew he could just buy new clothes as well). Cleaning up took a little more time, showering, getting dressed, styling his hair so it looked just right before slapping on an eye patch and heading out the door. He was, exactly to the minute, thirty minutes as he approached the portal, a bland smile on his face as he came to a halt beside his "special friend".

"So, where are we off to? Some place exotic?" And cold. Maybe they were going to Russia.

Enoh Love

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:22 pm
"Quirpon Lighthouse Inn." Ripley said casually, picking up his bag and shouldering it once more. "Newfoundland." Which meant that his hair, which was still somewhat wet due to it's length and his lack of a hair dryer, would be more than just a little frozen in a few short seconds.

"I called last time we were off-island and booked." And paid a very hefty price for it, too. Along with several warnings about the temperature and the very real lack of much to do during that time to year. Either way, he insisted. Who else would go looking for him in a remote building in Newfoundland, after all?

He found his toque in his bag and put it on as a precaution, clearly not stupid enough to want to let his hair freeze to his scalp.

"You're still welcome to back out." He reminded Finn, before turning and stepping through the portal.

It was, as he predicted, freezing. A very large shock compared to the warm of the island, and even as his teeth began to chatter, he revelled in it. This was what he wanted. He wanted to feel the chill down to his bones. It was overcast and dreary by all accounts, but it was winter; and it was nice to see the water in the distance, knowing that there was likely not some giant tentacled monster wanting to kill them. The portal had left him a few kilometres from the inn itself to avoid being spotted appearing out of no where, but he at least waited the few seconds it would have taken Finn to make a decision and follow, or to perhaps not.

It also gave him time to wrap his yellow scarf around his mouth and nose, then to pull a pair of mittens over his already gloved hands.

seussi

Enoh Love

Seussi

Ice-Cold Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:55 pm
Newfoundland??

Gross.

Actually, Finn had never been there but he could assume. It would be a wet cold, the type of chill that went straight to your bones and lingered even after hours spent trying to warm up inside. It would be unpleasant, and he could not fathom why, of all the places in the world, Ripley would choose to go there.

But there was really no way in hell he was going to turn around and walk away.

Taking Ripley's lead, Finn did not put on a toque, but he did raise up the hood on his jacket before pulling a thicker pair of gloves out of his pockets to put on. "Your taste in vacation locale is appalling, but no, I don't think I will." Back out, he meant, as he hefted his bag up onto his shoulder more properly and followed behind Ripley through the portal.

----------

The other side was just as miserable as he thought it would be. Gloved hands buried in pockets, shoulders hunched, he couldn't stop the shivers that overcame him almost instantly, or the faint chattering of his teeth that he thought might subside given a chance to acclimatize himself to the decidedly non-tropical weather.

Finn's purple scarf, which had been hanging loosely across his shoulders, was quickly utilized as he wrapped it around his face while taking in the scenery, trying, with all of his might, to find something appealing about it.

Even the water in the distance looked miserable, a dreary grey reflection of the overcast sky.

But there was one thing he liked, and that was the pale haired man standing but a few feet away, and the prospect of getting to wherever their destination may be, and doing whatever it might take to warm up again.

Ah yes. Now he remembered why he had decided to come.

Making his way closer to Ripley, he jostled him lightly with an elbow, a hidden smirk beneath his scarf. "I take it we have some walking to do?" He asked, considering this Inn the other man had spoke of was no where in sight. "Lead the way, Sigourney ."

Enoh Love

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces