Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

CaliWolfe

Shy Prophet

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:11 pm
User Image

Tollak was in a good mood lately. It was easy to tell, plain as day to see. He had returned home a reaver, proudly boasting of his new treasures and glory. Sure, after his return he had a little scuffle with another reaver who disagreed with him. A stupid, old hag of a washed up reaver who clearly couldn't see that Tollak was the new generation of vikings.

To make his mood boost back up to great heights of happy, Tollak had later gone on another viking trip. This time he did not return to boast of treasures or glory. He did not tell tales of how the rogue lands looked and how exciting they were. No, this time he had returned with a god alongside him. The creature claimed to hail over the domain of drought, and had given Tollak a nice chunk of his mane. This way the smaller gray lion could prove he was not stretching the truth on this one. It had been a week since then, and Tollak would not let anyone forget it.

Currently the adolescent was returning to his family's den, a little surprised to find that both Dagny and his mother were missing. He did not overlook the fact that Stig was there however, and was quick to ram into his side, hoping to knock him over. "What's up, nerd?"

Kaliforneum

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:30 pm
User Image

User Image
It had been a peaceful time for Stigtyr. His pigheaded brother had disappeared off with some of the other young, idiot males, meaning Stigtyr had been unbothered ever since. No sneering, no shoving, no taunts. Just him and his work. Yes, quite the peaceful time indeed. Currently, Stigtyr was memorizing the names and lineages of all the previous Warlords of the pride. He almost had it down. Anything beyond the third generations of most lines he wasn't counting unless a descendant had done something worthy of note, of course. The male had scratched a few of family trees into the dirt with his claws, using symbols to stand in for names. They were the ones Stigtyr was having trouble with, the ones he kept mixing up. Not entirely his fault. Some of the names repeated, some of them were remarkably similar, and when one was memorizing over a hundred names, Stigtyr was bound to forget one or two of them. Perhaps if he could just work out the right mnemonic device for it....
Stigtyr, thank the gods, was able to swallow the undignified yelp of surprise that nearly came out of him. A sudden shove knocked him off balance, and though he didn't fall over completely, Stigtyr's paws mussed up his notes. Ah. So Tollak was finally home then. The male turned to his brother and scowled. "You're back I see. Torture any cubs while you were out?" Stigtyr was reminded of the poor mother whose cubs were given away like objects simply because she was a thrall. Stigtyr had been unable to watch the event, too sickened at the notion.
The male looked down at his work and sighed. "Great. Ruined." He muttered, wiping the rest of it away with his paw. So much for that.

User Image

CaliWolfe
LOL. I laughed so hard. I figured I had to make Stig be doing something nerdy just for that. xD

Kaliforneum

Celestial Kitten

CaliWolfe

Shy Prophet

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:08 am
"Hmmph." Tollak snorted. "Torturing cubs ain't my style. Unless you count as a cub that is." He laughed, turning away from Stig and placing what treasures of gold he wore in their place in the den. Outside he liked to gleam, to show off his glory and watch as those around him admired him for it. At home, it was a different story. He could relax and not fret over whether his brother and sister knew of his glory or not, because they most certain did.

Facing his brother again Tollak stretch out, not intimidated by the fact that Stig was huge, and he had yet to experience such a growth spurt. Tollak was stronger and Stig wasn't. It was simple. It was easy to understand. When the brown manned of the two opened his yellow eyes Tollak noticed the reminisce of what he would call scribbles in the dirt. At that he sighed.

"Are you really drawing pictures in the dirt again? I think it's about time you go play nanny with some actual cubs don't you?" Tollak half teased with a serious expression.

Kaliforneum

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:22 pm
User Image
Stigtyr's fur bristled. Every single word out of Tollak's mouth was like a needle in the male's side. The only thing stopping him from wishing Tollak dead was how sad it would make his mother and sister. And even that was barely doing it. What was the most infuriating part was that if Stigtyr actually knew how to fight, he could easily overpower his brother. But as it was, the clumsy lion had no idea how to use his own bulk, and so had been remaining home with Dagny while the other males of his age went out a-viking. Not that Stigtyr even wanted to go viking. He couldn't stomach the idea of attacking another individual and forcing them into slavery, not with how poorly some thralls were treated.
"They're not pictures, they're notes!" Stigtyr hissed, claws coming out. Gods, didn't Tollak know anything? "Unlike you, I actually bother to learn about our pride's history. If we don't bother to preserve our culture's history and learn from it, idiots like you will bring the whole pride down into violence and madness." The male sneered.

User Image

CaliWolfe

Kaliforneum

Celestial Kitten

CaliWolfe

Shy Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 8:00 am
Something snapped within Tollak, something that seemed to have building. Something dark. When he turned to look back at Stigtyr it wasn't with the eyes of a brother that he gazed with. It was the eyes of a reaver. A reaver whose good mood had suddenly been shattered.

With a low growl he responded to Stigtyr, his claws slowly emerging from their sheaths as well. "'Idiots like me' are the only reason this pride exists!" He shouted, a little louder than intended. "'Idiots like me' are the sole reason you have anything to make notes on at all! He seemed only slightly aware of how he was circling his brother now. Yellow eyes staring daggers, threatening that Tollak would strike. "If you don't like the way we run things, maybe you should go find some pathetic little pride and learn their history instead! The way you act Stig, you're hardly a viking at all!" He then brewed for a moment before adding. "Maybe we should have been born thralls, at least that way Dagny and I could have fought our way to freedom. You however would be forced to spend your life serving those you hate." Tollak spoke the last line with a grin on his features.

Kaliforneum

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:56 pm
User Image
Stigtyr stood up and mirrored Tollak's movement, a growl rumbling deep in his chest. How dare Tollak speak down to him in that way. Stigtyr may not be all gung-ho about reaving itself, but he was a loyal member of the pride and he would die defending it if need be. "Maybe you forget the life we were born into." Stigtyr spat, "Just like you forget about anything that doesn't involve fighting. You really think that Dagny would have had a good life as a thrall? You'd truly wish that kind of life on her?" The male couldn't believe what he was hearing. Tollak could poke fun at him all he wanted, but the minute he tried bringing Dagny into, he would pay for his words. "Not so long ago, Tollak, females weren't allowed to do anything, to be anything. She wouldn't have been able to fight her way free!" Stigtyr was shouting now, his stormy blue eyes flashing in anger just like his brother's. "She would have been trodden upon, beaten, mistreated, just like every other thrall that people like you drag into his pride for your own sick enjoyment!" The grey male snarled the last few words, punctuating his anger. "Maybe we should have been born thralls, Tollak. That way you'd get a taste for how they feel every single day of their lives!" Stigtyr could see the dead look in the eyes of many thralls as clear as day. The thought of that happening to Dagny...Stigtyr couldn't tamper down the anger that was bubbling up and threatening to spill over. Dagny's children, his nieces and nephews, his own sister-kin, would have been given away and bartered over like peices of meat. And Tollak wanted Dagny to be subjected to that? "You are nothing but a selfish and arrogant cub, and you will never be anything but a glorified grunt, serving your superiors and blindly doing whatever they tell you to. So yes, Tollak, maybe being thralls wouldn't have been so different. And maybe one day, I'll have the pleasure of seeing you in that position."

User Image

CaliWolfe

Kaliforneum

Celestial Kitten

CaliWolfe

Shy Prophet

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 12:09 pm
Tollak also couldn't believe what he was hearing. It hadn't occured to him up until this moment just how much he hated his brother. Not dislike, not detest, hate. Pure unrivaled anger. Any word that came out of Stig's mouth was something not worth his attention. A wish, a dream, something he had no power to make real.

After Stig finished babbling nonsense Tollak unleashed a mighty roar to pry for him to stop. His voice was shaking, not from fear or being upset but because he was simply struggling to speak words and not growl like the animal he was. He didn't know what to think of Stigtyr, he didn't know how he felt over their argument. In Tollak's mind he didn't understand the whole "females can't do this, females can't do that." situation. To him it was simple. Females could do what ever the heck they wanted, if they defied males that told them other words they earned Tollak's respect the moment they did so. So in his anger, confusion, whatever you wanted to define Tollak's current emotional state as he slash at Stigtyr, and hard. There was no mercy in his paw as it slid across Stigtyr's face.

"That will never happen." He snarled. "Ever." He seethed and moved away slowly, as if suddenly aware of what he did. The glare only thickened however. "Get out." He hissed, preparing to slash at Stigtyr again. "Thrall defender. You're nothing but a coward is what you are!"

So much for his good mood.

Kaliforneum
Oh snap, things just got real.
Funny call him a glorified grunt Stigtyr, because no matter how many viking RPs Tollak has I never had any intentions of promoting him to captain. Maybe I should now. xD

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:07 pm
User Image
Stigtyr's face snapped to the side, his neck straining against the sudden, forceful movement. Tollak had just hit him. And not in the way that they had done when they were cubs. No, well and truly swiped at him. The young male froze in shock, unable to comprehend what had just happened. Sure, they had a tendency to argue, to needle at each other and piss each other off. Sure, they spoke more towards each other in insults and harsh tones than most brothers did, but beyond simple play fighting or the occasional harmless shove, they had never tried to attack one another, not with the intent to harm. But now that barrier had been crossed. Now Tollak had snapped the very thin, very shredded thread that had been keeping them together as family.
Stigtyr should have run. It was what he always did. He turned the other cheek, ignored the insults and the jeering. But this wasn't some other reaver. This was Tollak. And suddenly, like never before, Stigtyr was filled with viking rage and a desire for revenge. "No." He growled, looking up at Tollak. "You will not drive me from our family den." Stigtyr stood up to his full height, chest puffing out and teeth bared. "I'm not the coward here. You'll see!" With a mighty roar of his own, the male launched himself at his brother, hopefully using his size and the advantage of surprise to get a slight edge in bowling Tollak over.

User Image

CaliWolfe
I SEE YOUR FACE SWAT AND RAISE YOU AN ATTEMPTED TACKLE. I figured they should REALLY get into the thick of it before Stig gets his with his blinding gash. Since Stigtyr sucks at fighting, you are free to godmode a little and have Tollak attack him however you want. It's not like Stig would be able to dodge. xD Plu's he's gonna lose anyways after a few hits.

Lol. They can be in a game of never-ending one upness.

Kaliforneum

Celestial Kitten

CaliWolfe

Shy Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:08 am
Tollak was only a little surprised, although his face had not reflected this. Seeing a big bear of a lion hurling towards you was hardly comforting, and Tollak was swift to leap out of the way. Which he for one found odd, because he never leaped out the way for anyone or anything.

"So you say!" He hissed, and launched himself towards Stigtyr, this time aiming to chomp down on his neck, the part where his mane had yet to fill in yet. He found glee as his teeth sunk into his brothers flesh, but then scratched at his head and removed himself from Stig's body. With a snarl he backed up. He found blood was tasty. He was called a freak because of it. And he wanted Stigtyr to be reminded of his title.

Tollak licked his lips to reveal the whites of his teeth and eat the delicious blood of Stig. It wasn't as good as prey's blood, but Tollak assumed that was to stop him from turning cannibal on his fellow stormborn. A fact he was thankful for at least. "You can't even attack! Flower-blooded coward! Are you even a stormborn?" He laughed. "Are you even my brother? Maybe your just a thrall cub mom decided to take. Raise a freeborn and nobody could tell otherwise. Looks like that was a waste of her time." He charged again, issuing another deafening roar.

Kaliforneum
Tollak stop trying to disown your brother xD That ain't cool man, it ain't cool.

one upness indeed. xD I think Skall looks more ready to be a captain then him though. Plus he's nicer. And who wants a captain named Tollak anyways? xD

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:14 pm
CaliWolfe
Sorry for the late tags! My computer went off to computer heaven on me.

NOT IF STIGTYR DISOWNS HIM FIRST. lol (Also you are free to deliver the blinding blow whenever. Stigtyr will keep fighting until that happens, if Tollak maybe wants a scar of his own from the fight).

Ooooh, Skall's edits look great! I still need to get Stigtyr's scars put on his adult form.

Stigtyr let out a roar of pain, struggling with futility as his brother latched onto his neck. Despite being bigger than his brother, he couldn't shake Tollak off. For a half second, Stigtyr was worried that Tollak might try to kill him, might go for his jugular and tear it open. But then the other lion backed off. Stigtyr leaned up, eyes wide as he stared at his brother lick blood off his lips. The young male's blood ran cold. It...it almost looked as if Tollak enjoyed the taste.
A monster. His brother was a monster. No, that wasn't his brother anymore. Stigtyr would claim no ties of blood to him. "Better born of a thrall than be kin with a mindless beast!" He spat, struggling to get to his paws. There was a lot of blood flowing out of his neck. Tollak had gotten him good. This had been Stigtyr's mistake. What had he been thinking, going up against a trained fighter? He should have known he'd never have a chance. But still his blood was boiling, burning for a fight. Stigtyr wouldn't roll over like frightened hare. "You're right. We're not brothers." With a roar matching Tollak's, Stigtyr launched himself again, aiming to meet Tollak head on.

Kaliforneum

Celestial Kitten

CaliWolfe

Shy Prophet

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 6:30 am
The smaller of the two held his ground. If he was being completely honest it could be said that Tollak hadn't expected of his brother to actually keep fighting like this. He was hoping, somehow, deep down maybe he'd have given up by now and crawled away. Lick his wounds elsewhere. It seemed like the smart decision, and Stigtyr was all about being smart. Did he really think he could beat him? Defeat Tollak in a game of combat? That was almost insulting. No, it was insulting. He issued a soft growl.

"Then go back to serving freeborn's, thrall-child!" The hairs on his back were standing on edge, and his fangs were bared in the fiercest of snarls he had even managed to make. When Stigtyr charged at him this time, Tollak had no mercy left to spare him. He was so filled with rage that he felt if only for a moment the desire to see his brother- no, he was no kin, this lion before him, dead on the ground. This time he stood on his hind legs to await as Stigtyr roared and rushed forward to him.

Slash!

His claws scraped against Stigtyr, although he had been knocked to the ground to actually see where he had hit him. That was alright, so long as he gave this weak flower-blooded thrall lion another wound was good in his book. After all he aimed to make his brother suffer. Bleeding out, he figured, was a good way to do this.

Kaliforneum
That's okay, my computer almost did that to me too. ;;

Feel free to interpret this as the final blow or not. I'm fine with Tollak still fighting, but if you wanted to finish it now that works too. xD

I'm sure he'll look amazing once you do!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:26 am
User Image
It was like he had run into a boulder.
It seemed that all he could remember was blackness for a second or two. His head was ringing and his face felt hot and wet. He tried to open his eyes and hissed strongly at the sudden burn in one of them. Blood was leaking into it, blinding him. Stigtyr reached up to wipe it away, but it had no effect. The blood was completely blocking his vision in that eye. Adrenaline washing away, the young male became acutely aware of the pain from his other wounds, most notably his neck. He was bleeding quite heavily altogether, and the light touches of wooziness were squirming their way into his mind.
He needed a healer. Nevermind the fact that he had lost. Stigtyr didn't know why he had expected himself to win. His temper had gotten the better of him. Just...just like his brother.
Stigtyr wanted to vomit. Whether it was the shame or the head injury he'd just received, the male couldn't tell. He needed to get out of here before Tollak finished him off, and Stigtyr was only mildly sure that his brother wouldn't go that far.
That kind of violence...was it in his blood too? Did Stigtyr have the capability to blindly attack anyone if they pissed him off too much? No. Stigtyr would never be like Tollak. He couldn't. He wouldn't.
He needed to get out of there. But where? Where would he go? Who could he turn to?
Aaja, Dagny's friend. She knew the healing craft. If he trusted anyone to patch him up, it was her.
Stigtyr got to his feet, legs wobbling just slightly. He looked at his brother, blood streaming down his face, cold fury in his eyes. "I don't know what happened to you to make you like this, Tollak. But one day, you're going to snap at someone you actually care about it, someone you thought you'd never hurt. And then you'll have nothing left. Nothing but your little trinkets." Stigtyr padded slowly out of the den, sheer force of will preventing him from limping or swaying. His back was turned on his brother...no, Tollak the Reaver.
Stigtyr had no brother.

User Image

CaliWolfe
Yeah, Stigtyr's down. It's a miracle he lasted this long. xD But he ain't leavin without a mic-drop!

Also, I'm thinking Stigtyr might become mixed up with Tanakako's Ragnvard v Ronan plot as well, but obviously on Ronan's side. So we can through that into our terrible family history as well. xD

Kaliforneum

Celestial Kitten

[IC] Myrsky Syntynyt Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces