Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN
[PRP] Help wanted or not...(Titus / Riyo) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Inu-Mitsu

Werewolf

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:10 am
Wow. Titus expected when he was asked to make coffee that the man had at least a basic knowledge on how to do it. Now he felt like the bar was set a lot lower than before. "Alright..."

He looked between the machines but they were not what he was looking for. His uncle had an espresso machine but for coffee he was much more particular. It was only after a few moments did Titus find the small cone shaped filter that he had asked about and the small coffee pot that went with it for making individual cups of coffee.

With that found he set it aside fumbling because he obviously had no idea where anything was. It took him a minute or two to find the coffee beans checking each opened bag until he found one that smell right to him. After that the process began to speed up as he ground the coffee and heated the water in a small kettle. He messed with the espresso machine while he waited, heating up some cream before shifting back to place a small paper liner in the filter and placing two scoops of ground coffee into it. What was strange was Titus didn't let the machine that Cecil had sitting on the counter do the work for him which might have made things a little easier. Instead he placed the cone filter on top of the small coffee pot and grabbed for the kettle and slowly poured the water in a circle around the coffee grounds working his way to the middle. He wasn't as careful about it as his Uncle was but on the few occasions he had partook of coffee it always tasted better this way.

With the coffee poured he removed the filter and grabbed for a mug, emptying the coffee into it quickly followed by the heated milk which he did slowly with an odd wavy design he enjoyed doing but never gave much thought to why.

"Here, try this." He held out the mug to Cecil finally shifting his attention around to the other workers near by. Titus had been a little focused on what he was doing before and had failed to catch the random stares of interest. What he did notice was no one seemed outright miserable being here. That had to count for something he supposed.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 1:01 pm
Cecil focused intently on the boil as he worked, noting his careful choices and purposeful movements. Semi-surprising someone not interested in food was so concentrated on what many people considered a trivial task.

If he was being honest with himself, Cecil hadn't expected much. The man had half thought Titus would pour him a cup of coffee and hand it to him without much thought, but the final product had him in a small state of awe.

As the man grasped the cup and looked at the pretty little waves that floated at the top, his employees gathered around to take a peek too.

"Oh good. I can't do that for s**t. This means I don't have to try and do the latte art anymore, right?" One of the young men commented, letting out a sigh of relief.

"Yeah, the cats and rabbits you make look like little tumors." Came a snide remark from one of the other boils as they all started laughing.

Cecil smiled and shook his head as the boils started commenting, blowing on the cup before he took a sip.

... That may or may not have left him with a foam mustache. His look became solemn as if he was about to pass an important verdict. A moment of silence passed and one could almost hear the wind blowing through the kitchen as everyone held their breath.

"I like it!" The strange man declared, nodding in approval. "In fact, it's a lot better than anything we've served previously." Which made sense, considering that none of the boils were particularly advanced in the coffee making department, or in properly using the machines. "Can you make other little designs as well?"

Sexy Cocaine

Greedy Guest

Inu-Mitsu

Werewolf

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 1:36 pm
When Titus had handed over the cup of coffee he really hadn't expected a crowd. His eyes drifted to the other boils standing around him, quirking a brow at their comments as they looked at what he considered something simple.

"Cats and rabbits? That's what that lumpy mass on top of your lattes was supposed to be?" One of the other nearby boils chuckled.

"Maybe its a rabbit after a horrible car accident."

The boils went silent as Cecil tried the coffee and somehow Titus felt himself get a little bit nervous because of it. His attention shifted back to the older man not sure what to think of that solemn expression that had suddenly taken over his features. Did he not like it?

Though as soon as Titus was proven wrong on that thought he felt a few hands clasp his shoulder or pat his back which he quickly tried to retreat from. More likely it was less of a congratulations and more of a 'its your baby now'.

"Uuhh, I guess. What do you want me to make?" He had never considered doing much with it artistically but he didn't think it would be that hard to do.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 1:58 pm
"Boils, boils. Tim did a fine job... For a novice. Kinda." Such an encouraging authority figure, and such conviction to his words. Tim was obviously... Less than impressed.

"Lets see." Cecil was intent on finishing his cup. You didn't let good coffee go to waste. "Oh. I know. Lets have a little fun. Make the cutest cat you can possibly manage. If you pass this test, you've got the job." Yes, this would be a great measure of skill. a true test of of the boil's artistic prowess.

Sexy Cocaine

Greedy Guest

Inu-Mitsu

Werewolf

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 2:55 pm
"The...cutest cat." Inwardly Titus was cringing at the thought while he outwardly turned to the equipment and supplies at his disposal. It only took him a couple of minutes to decide how he wanted to go about it and preformed some of the same tasks as before making a fresh cup of coffee with cream.

This time, however, he took the time to heat up some milk to a frothy foam and topped the drink making little peeks for the ears. He seemed to judge his creation with thought before he added little bits hanging over the edge like paws over the rim of the cup.

When he pulled back Titus still felt like it was missing something and looked around to see what else he had. His eyes finally settled on the long toothpicks and he used one to help draw a face and add a few more details to the cat before he pulled away.

The sight of it made him want to vomit and die a little on the inside at the realization he had created it. Obviously he had done a good job.

"What about that?"  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 3:54 pm
A grin spread across Cecil's face as he watched Titus work again, the end product managing to make him a little giddy. Everyone else was busy with their oooo's and aaaah's to realize what was about to happen.

"Well lets see if you passed." The older gentleman moved towards the swinging doors and peered out. "Riyo, be a dear and come here for a moment." He called, folding his arms as he patiently waited.

Moments later, the feline peeked her head in. "What? It's almost time to open." She looked from Cecil to Titus with a raised brow. The ghoul had been curious as to how this little interview was going, but with all the chores that had to be taken care of she figured she'd hear the details when they were done.

"Tell me, what do you think of this?" Cecil gestured to the cat cup as he finished off his own, finally taking a moment to wipe his face.

"Think of-" ... What? The ghoul's glance shifted cautiously to where the man was directing her attention, a brief look of shock taking over her features. Her eyes widened as her hands immediately reaching up towards her face. "I..."

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

"You should drink it. It's good." Cecil interrupted, obviously enjoying the fact that he was breaking her brain.

"I-I can't!" The ghoul felt the extreme urge to reach out and pet it, which obviously wouldn't do her any good. "It's..." Her voice lowered, embarrassed to admit her weakness in front of the other employees. "It's too cute..."

Thoroughly satisfied, Cecil turned to Titus. "You pass. When can you start?"

Sexy Cocaine

Greedy Guest

Inu-Mitsu

Werewolf

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:20 pm
Titus expected the man to pass his own judgement on what he had made but instead yet another curve ball was thrown at him. "W-what? Riyo?"

He quickly stepped in front of the cup of coffee unsure if he should just dump it on the floor and rid the world of the evidence that he could make something cute and adorable. It wasn't like there were pictures. No one could prove a thing!

"Dude, let her see it, its great." And before Riyo had even managed to make it through the door Titus was shoved out of the way, a muffled growl of protest rising in his throat.

He saw her reaction and while he was curious he was still more than embarrassed for himself.

"I uh.." Uh seemed to have become his catch phrase the moment he stepped up to the cafe. He turned to the manager with disbelief in his eyes. "I..have the job?"  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:32 pm
Riyo tore her eyes away from the precious latte cat as Cecil and Titus exchanged words. "Wait... You made this?!" Her eyes stared at the nightmare demon with disbelief. Hell, she'd figured Tim had finally gotten his s**t together. Not... Not that Titus had done it. Truthfully she thought he might've been stuck as a dish washer or something.

"T-that's... Amazing." The very fact that the boil could do anything creative was a surprise in and of itself, since he always seemed so dim when it came to expression, but this was... It was really nice.

"Of course m'boil! You can start as early as today if you're interested." Cecil proudly proclaimed. "I'm sure we've got a spare uniform that would fit you somewhere." Maybe a little short... And snug... But there was almost certainly one that would fit. "Or perhaps you'd also like to try out for a server position? We could figure out your dress size..."

Sexy Cocaine

Greedy Guest

Inu-Mitsu

Werewolf

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:37 pm
"Don't act so surprised." Titus grumbled, a hint of red touching his cheeks as he looked away. "I can do some stuff." Really she acted like he was a talentless oaf...which probably wasn't far from the truth but still. He had some skills they just weren't in the world of the norm or terribly useful until now apparently.

Turning back to Cecil, Titus was still trying to wrap his head around the fact that he got the job. "I..guess I could start today." Though he was doubtful this man had a uniform that would fit properly. "I..." His face reddened a bit more. "No, I think it might be a little too breezy for me."  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 9:04 pm
Was he embarrassed?

Riyo smirked at his defensive comments, reaching into her apron to retrieve her eyephone. "I know you can. It's just the only stuff I've seen you do before this was sit around and play videogames." She was quick to snap a picture of the little creation, saving it as her wallpaper. There were other things he did well, of course, but the feline knew better than to open that can of worms here.

"Fabulous!" Cecil declared, encouraging everyone to get excited about a new addition to their team. "Then we'll get you ready and the boils can brief you on how the kitchen operates during business hours." The man happily tossed his mug into the sink and looked to the cute latte cat, then Riyo. "As for this." He oh so delicately grasped a clean spoon from one of the drawers and... Used it to slice froth cat in half. "Now you can drink it Riyo."

The ghoul had been about to mention what a shame it was and how Titus would've been so cute in a maid uniform... When Cecil not so delicately mutilated the shape of the latte cat. Her lip quivered at the sight of the now 60% less cute blob, scooping up the cup with a look of dismay. Oh well. No use crying over destroyed adorableness.

Sexy Cocaine

Greedy Guest

Inu-Mitsu

Werewolf

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:50 am
There was a frown that followed her comment only to be replaced with bafflement as the ghoul pulled out her eyephone. "What are you doing? Why are you taking a picture." He should have knocked it off the counter when he had a chance.

Titus huffed in dismay when it was clear it was too late. The deed had been done but at least there was a small satisfaction in watching Riyo's reaction as Cecil destroyed the little creation. If he was lucky maybe he could steal Riyo's phone later and get rid of the picture. Really, why take a picture?

With his attention back on Cecil, Titus quickly turned to the other boils in the kitchen. Team work was not his strong suit, taking orders even less so but he knew it was something he was going to have to get over if he wanted to make money. "Show me what to do."

Sexy Cocaine
sorry for the wait omg driving. Also if you want to skip ahead feel free? They can always do something after work that is christmas related

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:40 pm
"Because I needed a new background." Riyo hadn't really planned on showing it to anyone... But with him being so skittish about it maybe his uncle would be interested to know the boil's new profession.

With a sigh, the ghoul finally brought herself to take a sip of the coffee, immediately deciding to take it with her as she moved back out to the dining room. "Good luck.~" Were her last words as she exited the kitchen.

Luckily the kitchen staff was less forceful and more matter of fact in the way things ran, because frankly they could care less if he ******** up. That matter would be between him and the bossman, though Cecil wasn't the kind of boss to loom over one's shoulder. He did check in from time to time to make sure everything was going smoothly, but otherwise kept to his office. The flow of customers remained steady through lunch and dinner, up until the minutes before closing time. With everyone chipping in, closing shop was quick and somewhat painless.

Cecil was quick to hand off the boil some papers for employment and congratulate him on his first day served. After Riyo had changed back into her normal clothes, the ghoul sat at one of the tables and counted her tip money with mild interest as she waited for Titus to finish whatever he'd been asked to do.

Inu-Mitsu
IT'S OKAY. *u* Let me know if I need to change anything.

Sexy Cocaine

Greedy Guest

Inu-Mitsu

Werewolf

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:32 pm
Titus had been lost at first at the beginning of the day but at least the staff were rather matter of fact with their instructions. It was probably good that no one hovered or told him when he ******** something up because it was stressful enough maneuvering around the mess that was the Batista station. Beyond filling orders which took some time to get used to, the majority of the day had been putting the area into a manner of organization he could live with. The mess at least kept him from thinking too hard on the latte and coffee art he was being requested to do. He never expected orders to come with requests but he did his best not to vomit each time he adorned a drink with one adorable thing or another. Really how many cute things could people ask for?

Needless to say by the end of the day he was done. Thankfully doing probation work kept him from being all out exhausted but he was still learning all the different ways people drank their damn coffee not to mention he ended up helping around the kitchen with prep work and cleaning. Working with food was beyond him but he could clean the stupid plates and set them up to have orders placed on them.

His hands were submerged in a sink of soapy water, sleeves rolled up to his elbows, when Cecil came by to give him his new hire paperwork. He couldn't say it was the most exciting thing in the world but there was a small sense of accomplishment that came from actually getting a job on his own.

Finishing up what he was told to in the back, Titus exited out the front, folding his papers and shoving them in his back pocket. The uniform was certainly going to have to change. The shirt sleeves were a little too short so he had left them rolled up to keep them from looking awkward, but the pants legs were in the same state and there was nothing to hide those.

"So this is what you get for serving tables, huh?" Titus came up behind Riyo eyeing her counting out her money. "Maybe I should wear a dress."  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:54 pm
Riyo tilted her head back to look up at the boil hovering over her, a smile cracking through her stoic expression. "I might just pay to see that." Just for emphasis she gathered the seeds into her little coin purse and jingled them, turning in her chair to face him. "A dress would probably look better than those pants." As short as they seemed to be on the poor tall boil.

It looked like everyone had started to say their goodbyes and part ways, which the ghoul begrudgingly waved at as they gestured towards her. "So. I gather your first day wasn't miserable?" The fact that he hadn't immediately stormed out implied that at the very least.

Sexy Cocaine

Greedy Guest

Inu-Mitsu

Werewolf

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:11 pm
"Yeah, I'm sure you would. It would probably fit me as well as your top did that I accidentally found." He had started to put it on not thinking anything of how tight it was until it was stretched uncomfortably over his torso and hiked most of the way up his stomach. It was then he had realized it wasn't his shirt.

"It was...something." Miserable maybe not but it had been a lot of work. More work and effort than Titus usually put into most things.

"So are we ready to go, I think I am done with Christmastival decor and music for the day." The day had at least ended on a positive note but he could only handle so much holiday cheer.  
THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff