Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

~Spazzy_the_Wolfie~

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 4:03 am
Paint with the Spring Flowers!
Username: ~Spazzy_the_Wolfie~
--- Are you corresponding with another entry? No
--- If yes, who? N/A

Name of Soquili: Lule (An Albanian name, meaning "flower.")
Temper: Hesitant

The Story:
Quote:
When she was younger, Lule, with her tail and scales, always assumed that she was some sort of mix between a Kalona and Kirin, the Kirin traits simply being more dominant. But no! Unknown to Lule, her parents, the ones that fled when she was just basket, were actually a Kalona/Uni and a mutant Ulun'suti. Things were... alright at first. Thanks to the small amount of Uni blood in her, she was allowed to grow up on a mixed diet, mostly plants and the occasional bit of small prey, scavenged from deserted kills. Never fond of killing and harming others, eating meat was - and still is! - difficult for her. The forest was her home, and the idea of hunting down the other creatures that lived in it was just... distressing. She could try to suppress the need for a little while though, right? She was half Kirin, she could totally handle not eating meat for a bit! She would be okay. She could handle that... Right?

Wrong. Finishing the transition from energetic little foal to her fully grown self, Lule was horrified to discover that she was, in fact, not part Kirin. As a foal, she had just ignored all of the little oddities, coming up with excuses. Her scales? Different looking because.. she... Well, she was still growing! And those little nubs along her front legs? Those were just... extra scales or something! And the reason why her tail was so long? It... it was because she was still growing into it! Wrong. She was very wrong. Her spikes had grown larger, her tail had become longer, and the difference between her scales and those of a normal Kirin had been made clear. Lule also began to crave meat more and more, feeling the urge to go out and hunt, rather than nibble away at the local grasses and fruits. Her usual meals were no longer satisfying enough, the small amounts of meat she struggled to eat just not enough for her. Trying to avoid eating meat was impossible now! She couldn't maintain that control she had before, and she found herself seeking out smaller animals more often, much to her dismay. More confused than she had ever been, Lule began to grow concerned. Why the sudden change? Why on earth was she so strange looking? And if she wasn't part Kirin, what was she?

And then, stumbling across the carousel one day, she discovered some answers.

She came across the carousel and it's herd one night by accident, making her way through the woods during her travels. The music was the first sign of the carousel, very faint at first, but then it became louder and louder as Lule made her way towards the clearing. As the music grew louder, so did the sound of others chatting and socializing. And then she spotted them! A mixture of different soquili and a large wooden structure, spinning round and round, the source of the mysterious music. Curiosity pulling at her, Lule made her way closer to the carousel for a closer look.

"Look, another 'Suti! C'mon, we should go over and say hi to her."

Turning, she spotted two stallions making their way over, with scales and spikes and frills and wings and - Oh. So distracted by their appearances, she had failed to realize that one of the two had spoken to her. "I-I'm sorry?"

The calmer of the two friends spoke this time, giving a polite smile. "My friend asked if you're new around here. Are you? We haven't met too many other 'Suti outside of the herd yet."

"Oh. Yes, I just found this place. The carousel is magnificent... But I have a question, y-" The more energetic stallion interrupted Lule, yammering on about the herd. His friend shot him a frown and caught his attention with a stomp of his hoof, hushing him. "You... called me a 'Suti. And you said I was like the two of you? What did you mean by that?"

"...What?" Her question left the two dumbfounded for a moment before the energetic one spoke. "I called you a 'Suti because.. Well, you're an Ulun'suti, aren't you? Partially, at least? You have the looks 'n stuff! Scales, body spikes, big snappy teeth for chompin' on stuff?" He gestured towards his mouth with a flick of his tail, grinning to show off his own teeth. "You have that fang stickin' out, so I'm assuming you're like us."

Lule stood quietly for a moment, trying to accept all of the facts that had just been laid out for her. Everything he said was true, but... No. She hated hunting. She was certainly not one of them. Frowning now, the mare shook her head, taking a step back from the two. "I'm not a meat eater. I'm not." A lie. "I'm not like you!" Another lie. "You're the opposite of me. I'm not an Ulun'suti." Boy, she was in denial.

The Lovely Mare:
User Image
Alt with no saddle/accessories.
Comments:
- Again, she's a Kalona/Uni/Ulun'suti mix. She's just... in major denial right now. :'I
- Default 'Suti back scales, please! And the placement of her leg spikes is totally up to you (feel free to use the default ones), I couldn't decide and just placed them randomly.
- She probably dresses herself up with the saddle and other accessories after her meeting at the carousel, a sad little attempt at covering up her 'Suti traits before she finally gives in and tries to deal with the whole "I guess I really am part 'Suti omg" situation.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:25 am
Username: Rhyleigh
--- If yes, who? N/A

Name of Soquili: Chun-Hua ( means Spring flower )
Temper:Whimsical

The Story:
Quote:
Chun-Hua is a sweet and lyrical filly who adores singing random and often whimsical tunes, as she works at the Carousel. She enjoys being with the others around her, and is a friendly to anyone she is around or happens to meet. Her name means Spring Flower, which perfectly discribes her. She takes each day a-new, like it is the beginning or Spring of life and is bright and blooming, as a flower. She knows not of her family, she has never meet them. As far back as she can recall, she has lived at carousel. If and when others ask her, and they often do. She will hum for a moment before replying " It has always been here and I have always been with it." When others ask her if she wishes to go and find her parents and other members of her family, she will hum and reply "I have always been here, if they want to find me, they shall return here."

The Mare Ideas:
User Image
Comments: She is suppose to be a Kirin/Flutter/Hippogryph. Her wings are suppose to be dragonfly-ish and not huge. Also the green feathers by her rumb and in her hair could be leaves.  

Rhyleigh

Invisible Harvester

Niyaru Delacroix
Crew

Anxious Kitten

16,950 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Timid 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:53 pm
Username: Niyaru Delacroix
--- If yes, who?

Name of Soquili: Raina
Temper: Affectionate

The Story:
Quote:
Raina is an ambitious and artistic mare, full of affection for the right stallion and quite creative in her arts. She considers herself to be intellectual and dependable but she knows everyone has their own opinion. She does her best to be really sociable and open to different situations and personalities. No matter what happens to her or around her she does her best to remain positive and upbeat.

Her entire life changed when Seikatsu stumbled into her life, he was charismatic and almost as ambitious as her. Both sharing a creative streak, he would meet her often in the flowers and they would create beautiful art together. She admired him long before he admitted to adoring her, but she believed he would be happier with another. She would never leave her flowers alone, she was their protector and others relied on her flowers. It took some time before he understood but once he did he compromised with her and promised to always be hers. Though he would come and go from the flower field. His heart he promised would always be hers, she lives day from day doing what she loves and waiting for his visit.

The Mare Ideas:
Horrible Chaos
Comments: I have horrible skills ;-;
She has a long fluffy cat like tail matching her base color
A cherry tree mutant saddle
Long / on the floor volume/fluffy hair with bangs complimenting the rose markings and eye color
Bell bow to compliment her back legs
Cherry blossom markings on her body as an additional small marking
Different flowers from the flower field in her hair (I didn't want to make your eyes bleed anymore)
Gentle/loving expression  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:01 pm
Unless I'm really bad with times, this is closed and I will be announcing winners soonish :"D  

ATh e a r t
Crew

Romantic Lunatic

ATh e a r t
Crew

Romantic Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:13 pm
Thanks to another staff member (ilu and ty again for helping... <3)... These are the two winners ouo! I'll try to get WIPs to you guys and finish these ASAP! <3

Gene: Please PM me if you prefer actual hair or leaves (suti genes!). I can make either with the textures, I just need a base of which you'd prefer :3

Spazzy: I'm honestly in love with both the design and story <3 I hope to see her character develop! <3

Gene Wilder
Color with the Autumn Leaves!
Username:
--- Are you corresponding with another entry? Nope.
--- If yes, who? N/A

Name of Soquili: Autumnus
Temper: August (GET IT GET IT)

The Story:
Quote:
Autumnus wasn't always the majestic, grand stallion that he is today. He was once a simple horse, one of many on the Carousel. Unlike the other, more impressive mounts, he was old and worn. The gold paint that had once decorated his saddle and bridle was chipped and faded; his once-chiseled features had been worn down by countless rides and childrens' hands. Nevertheless, he didn't complain, or feel inadequate in any way. The other animals scoffed.
"Why is he still here? He just takes up space!"
"I'm glad he's here; he makes the rest of us look beautiful."
"I hope I never look that way."

But he never paid them any notice, because deep down, he realized something. His worn looks were because of all the children who had ever chosen him. There must have been thousands, in all. And once they had grown up, they had brought their own child to him, trusting him with them. It made his heart swell, even if it was wooden.

One crisp, autumn morning, after a terrible storm had passed, the other animals awoke to find him gone. The lion that strode beside him was shocked.
"Where has he gone? Has anyone seen him?" he asked.
"Maybe they finally scrapped him for firewood," the rooster a few rows back crowed. The animals were abuzz with what had happened to Autumnus. Suddenly, the soft crunch of leaves startled them.

There, standing tall and proud, was the familiar brown horse. But his mane and tail had grown wild, sprouting and dropping leaves with every breath of wind. Little flecks of pollen danced alongside him. His eyes were alight with the very spirit of autumn itself. Draped elegantly on his body was the old carousel-style raiment, now made of silk and gold. Everyone stared, dumbfounded.

Autumnus gave a radiant grin, turned, and walked away, ignoring the shouts that came from the carousel.

The Stallion Ideas:
User Image

Without decorations:
User Image

Comments: Okay, oh man, where do I start? xD; I'm obviously nuts about this design. And as terrifying as it looks, the textures in his hair and tail are SUPER easy to reproduce (they're just watercolor textures set on Overlay and stuff like that). The base colors of the hair have been changed due to the texture, but if this guy is chosen I can just ship the .psd file over. xD I also put veins in the hair to mimic the leaves. Like you can't tell if his mane is made of hair or leaves or both! I also gave him little leaf sideburns and leg tufts. @w@ And the gold stuff in his attire is meant to be actual gold, but I got lazy and didn't feel like shading and lighting it. xD;;

~Spazzy_the_Wolfie~
Username: ~Spazzy_the_Wolfie~
--- If yes, who? N/A

Name of Soquili: Lule (An Albanian name, meaning "flower.")
Temper: Hesitant

The Story:
Quote:
When she was younger, Lule, with her tail and scales, always assumed that she was some sort of mix between a Kalona and Kirin, the Kirin traits simply being more dominant. But no! Unknown to Lule, her parents, the ones that fled when she was just basket, were actually a Kalona/Uni and a mutant Ulun'suti. Things were... alright at first. Thanks to the small amount of Uni blood in her, she was allowed to grow up on a mixed diet, mostly plants and the occasional bit of small prey, scavenged from deserted kills. Never fond of killing and harming others, eating meat was - and still is! - difficult for her. The forest was her home, and the idea of hunting down the other creatures that lived in it was just... distressing. She could try to suppress the need for a little while though, right? She was half Kirin, she could totally handle not eating meat for a bit! She would be okay. She could handle that... Right?

Wrong. Finishing the transition from energetic little foal to her fully grown self, Lule was horrified to discover that she was, in fact, not part Kirin. As a foal, she had just ignored all of the little oddities, coming up with excuses. Her scales? Different looking because.. she... Well, she was still growing! And those little nubs along her front legs? Those were just... extra scales or something! And the reason why her tail was so long? It... it was because she was still growing into it! Wrong. She was very wrong. Her spikes had grown larger, her tail had become longer, and the difference between her scales and those of a normal Kirin had been made clear. Lule also began to crave meat more and more, feeling the urge to go out and hunt, rather than nibble away at the local grasses and fruits. Her usual meals were no longer satisfying enough, the small amounts of meat she struggled to eat just not enough for her. Trying to avoid eating meat was impossible now! She couldn't maintain that control she had before, and she found herself seeking out smaller animals more often, much to her dismay. More confused than she had ever been, Lule began to grow concerned. Why the sudden change? Why on earth was she so strange looking? And if she wasn't part Kirin, what was she?

And then, stumbling across the carousel one day, she discovered some answers.

She came across the carousel and it's herd one night by accident, making her way through the woods during her travels. The music was the first sign of the carousel, very faint at first, but then it became louder and louder as Lule made her way towards the clearing. As the music grew louder, so did the sound of others chatting and socializing. And then she spotted them! A mixture of different soquili and a large wooden structure, spinning round and round, the source of the mysterious music. Curiosity pulling at her, Lule made her way closer to the carousel for a closer look.

"Look, another 'Suti! C'mon, we should go over and say hi to her."

Turning, she spotted two stallions making their way over, with scales and spikes and frills and wings and - Oh. So distracted by their appearances, she had failed to realize that one of the two had spoken to her. "I-I'm sorry?"

The calmer of the two friends spoke this time, giving a polite smile. "My friend asked if you're new around here. Are you? We haven't met too many other 'Suti outside of the herd yet."

"Oh. Yes, I just found this place. The carousel is magnificent... But I have a question, y-" The more energetic stallion interrupted Lule, yammering on about the herd. His friend shot him a frown and caught his attention with a stomp of his hoof, hushing him. "You... called me a 'Suti. And you said I was like the two of you? What did you mean by that?"

"...What?" Her question left the two dumbfounded for a moment before the energetic one spoke. "I called you a 'Suti because.. Well, you're an Ulun'suti, aren't you? Partially, at least? You have the looks 'n stuff! Scales, body spikes, big snappy teeth for chompin' on stuff?" He gestured towards his mouth with a flick of his tail, grinning to show off his own teeth. "You have that fang stickin' out, so I'm assuming you're like us."

Lule stood quietly for a moment, trying to accept all of the facts that had just been laid out for her. Everything he said was true, but... No. She hated hunting. She was certainly not one of them. Frowning now, the mare shook her head, taking a step back from the two. "I'm not a meat eater. I'm not." A lie. "I'm not like you!" Another lie. "You're the opposite of me. I'm not an Ulun'suti." Boy, she was in denial.

The Lovely Mare:
User Image
Alt with no saddle/accessories.
Comments:
- Again, she's a Kalona/Uni/Ulun'suti mix. She's just... in major denial right now. :'I
- Default 'Suti back scales, please! And the placement of her leg spikes is totally up to you (feel free to use the default ones), I couldn't decide and just placed them randomly.
- She probably dresses herself up with the saddle and other accessories after her meeting at the carousel, a sad little attempt at covering up her 'Suti traits before she finally gives in and tries to deal with the whole "I guess I really am part 'Suti omg" situation.

Archived

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff