Okami Ameras
Crew

Evolved Mystic

27,825 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Advent Attendee 50
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 4:23 pm
I'm not sure how many of you have a Deviantart. Or how many of you check it.

I'm starting to do various artworks; map work, doing a piece of Concept art of the main character for Wolf, as well as coming up with art for the different races that populate the game world as well as a cityscape to give you an idea of what the whole place looks like.

My questions is... where do you all think I should put this stuff? Should I make a blog, which I know can be successful for professional artists. But how would I spread my artwork around? Should I make a new DA account, as I know an easy way to connect to people of the steampunk genre on there, or should I pretty much ignore it except to dump practice sketches? Or perhaps a tumblur?

Personally I'm thinking of a personal website/blog - DA combo. DA to get the viewers, and the website to put the content.

Any other ideas?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:51 pm
Blog is good if you can get on a good blog network and get your name out there.

Deviant Art is good because...well that's what the site is for.  

Mama Ame
Vice Captain

Shy Conversationalist

Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:26 pm
dA would definitely garner the most interest, you're right. There's a lot of fantasy fans there, and most of them aren't cynical douchebags like you find on tumblr. However, you can find some circles of tumblr that are more supportive and excitable. A mix does sound like the best choice. If they like the stuff on your dA, you can direct them to your blog where you can do update-type posts to keep a show of progress and keep up interest to those following. smile  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:57 pm
I would say that the dA and blog option would probably work out best. Use dA to post up some of the artwork and use the blog to help explain what the game will be about as well as periodically post updates. Maybe even post the artwork and such on the blog as well?  

wolf_with_a_dragon

Fallen Avenger

8,250 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

B1g_crunch

Questionable Loiterer

8,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 5:34 pm
Sites like Pinterest could also work, but I don't know much about art distribution.

The only thing I'll say about art blogs on tumblr is that you'd be good making it JUST about your art, and only post when you want to put up new stuff. That site is ******** TOXIC.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 10:39 pm
Well, I've created a DA account exclusively for the game, which I am going to call Bolt. Nothing much on it yet, save for the City's symbol on the form of a banner and broach both created in Photoshop.

I'll work on the blog once I have some more content to share.

Now back to the lineart for the main character, who I'm thinking of calling Tinker Talon.

Okami Ameras
Crew

Evolved Mystic

27,825 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Advent Attendee 50

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:39 pm
Deviantart tends to be pretty popular in terms of showing concept art and sketches of works in process. I've seen quite a few big time artists even use it to show off their work, so it's certainly an option to use.

Or you could create your own website in a similar style as Firefly Path; it's a personal/business website in a blog-like style. JoEllen Elam usually posts images either of works in progress, selections from photoshoots of her creations, or other related information. Something similar could work for you. *shrugs*  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:06 pm
THIS PICTURE fvkafdsogvjdfogjv;dfl.

I WILL DO THIS PICTURE CORRECTLY. DAMN IT ALL.

Okami Ameras
Crew

Evolved Mystic

27,825 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Advent Attendee 50
"CIF" Crikey! It's a Forum~!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers