Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Deus Ex Machina, a humble training facility located on a remote island. 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities
[1v1] Facing Fears (Taym/Shu) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Meegane rolled 2 10-sided dice: 7, 6 Total: 13 (2-20)

Meegane

Shoujo Dreamer

24,465 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Nerd 50
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:48 pm
"Thank you! Hmm. I hope to finish my list at one place, maybe a big big shopping mall. Do you have any suggestion? I'm not familiar with western places besides those others took me." From what she said, one could work out when she was alone, she could be kidnapped easily, lead to some weird places.

She swung the hammer effortlessly, "I don't like cold weather either, luckily my friend is warm." The girl suggested that she had a friend that she could cuddle when she felt cold when she beamed with the sweetest smile. "You can ask Miss America to cuddle with you if you feel cold, you two are a pair, right?" There the innocent girl spoke something without thinking again, with a curious w smile.

Mr Thomspon's defense is awesome, Z! Although the beast didn't like the hunter who carried a giant axe much, it was still better than admitting his attacks dealt little damage.

HP: 50/ 50
Dice: 2d10-6
DMG: 7 - 4 [def] = 3

Rejam
This rp straddles 2014 and 2015, awesome XD

Rejam rolled 1 10-sided dice: 7 Total: 7 (1-10)
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 3:18 am
"That implies that she hasn't asked me first, which I guarantee you she has, because she's ******** shameless." He didn't seem very put out by this at all, or embarrassed by Shu's teasing, although part of that was just the distraction of the situation at play.

He jerked his chin at the hammer. "What kind of charge does that thing have?"

HP: 36/60
CHG: 3/3
DEF: 7

meegane
do you wanna stop at... how much HP? Or do you wanna go til we break his shield that might take a while but I'm down if you want to, lol

Rejam

Aged Hater

13,425 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
Meegane rolled 10 12-sided dice: 7, 5, 2, 9, 12, 2, 8, 8, 4, 9 Total: 66 (10-120)

Meegane

Shoujo Dreamer

24,465 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Nerd 50
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:30 am
The petite girl giggled, "of course she did, Miss America's never not being a generous person and she's full of warm and heat." Shu actually didn't know the Sun huntress well, but her twitter posts and the enthusiastic princess-on-tower in her dream - that impression was too strong not to stamp on the real person.

Before respond to Taym's question, Shu made eye contact with the hammer for a few seconds. "Z has two charges, both offensive, I will show you." She made a big step backward, switched to hold the hammer with one hand and moving her arm in circular motion. It might be the reason why her hunter coat changed to sleeveless, allowing easier movement.

The swirl created a gentle wind, blowing up hair strands, she was getting energy from the centrifugal force, the speed accelerated in the blink of an eye. Taym could see giant lion-like beast assaulted his face. When the clinked ended, the girl was seen panting, she seemed tired but insisted to speak. "That-that's-o-one of his attacks."

The charge created heavy burden to her arm as she needed to speed up in short, luckily she had two arms, meaning she could use it twice before she worn out. Another charge was straight-forward, she just needed to - imagining the scene in her mind with the chibified Shu, a cold sweat dropped from her head. She probably need more practice for that to work smoothly.

========================

HP: 26/ 50 (-24 for dmg to self)
Dice: 10d12 (GC charge)
DMG: (5+2+9+12) - 7 [def] = 21

Rejam
No plan to break his shield, she just wants some practice with the new hammer~
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Rejam rolled 10 4-sided dice: 2, 1, 1, 2, 4, 4, 2, 4, 3, 3 Total: 26 (10-40)
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 1:42 pm
The wiser course of action, of course, would be to turn Fiona's charge against himself, let it ramp him back up so that Shu could have another go at him with that brutal charge. He was still reeling, startled, heart racing, his shield fairly quaking with the force of the hammer's fall, and he reminded himself that although Shu had asked for this spar to gain practice with her weapon, he'd volunteered for it in an attempt to make himself braver, more prepared to fight the things that weren't shapeless shadows.

He was Moon, after all. There were things he was qualified to do, things he, too, needed to practice, and in the wake of that violence he saw Shu weary-looking and stammering and he remembered Peyton brought low by the force of her own weapon, and he reached out as though to defend once more but instead he was nipping in close, closer than the hammer's reach. It looked for a split second very much as though he was moving in with snakelike speed to stab her, but instead the flat of her blade was laid briefly to her shoulder before he slipped back.

It was a bit like being abruptly plunged into cool water on a hot day: a sudden cold sensation of relief, quiet, not at all flashy, the runes on the knife blade shimmering like sunlight filtering through trees.

"You're a lot more ******** formidable than you look," he informed her from a safe distance, eyeing the hammer with new respect. "Jesus."

HP: 15/60
CHG: used t3 chill
HEALED Shu for 24

meegane

Rejam

Aged Hater

13,425 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • The Wolf Within 100

Meegane

Shoujo Dreamer

24,465 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Nerd 50
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 8:24 pm
"Formidable?" The petite Asian blinked, staggered. "Is-Is that a compliment?....!" Like a light bulb lightened up, she grinned jocundly, as if the hunter had given her the sweetest candy. "No one never say that to me, I'm only labelled least threatening......" Taym won't know the power of encouragement in his casual words was much bigger than he could imagine. "Thank you for the heal, Mr. Thompson, I believe you have shown me what a good Moon hunter is like today."

Z didn't care about Shu's emotional issue, the beast held a smug smile in complacence. <See, now I like the expression in his eyes, like he's dealing with something ******** tremendous.>

The coolness left on her shoulder felt like shone by tender moonlight and she was much impressed by the swiftness of the blade. She believed she had found something to work on: how to block swift attack that goes into movement's blind spot. "Please say thank you on behalf of me to your weapon as well, what do they call and what are they?" She had a good impression for Fiona, just like how she liked the power of Ferros.

========================

HP: 50/ 50 (all healed)
DMG: -

Rejam
Love your av again <3

Rejam rolled 1 10-sided dice: 10 Total: 10 (1-10)
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:48 am
He'd once described the process of introducing weapons as feeling like introducing people to his toaster, or a pencil sharpener. The feeling hadn't quite gone away--possibly it would always feel ridiculous to gesture at the knife and give its name as though it was a girl standing next to him--but now it was accompanied by the futility of trying to describe everything that Fiona was and represented in the space of a few words. He was woefully unequipped for the task.

"Her name is Fionnghal," he said. "Fiona. She's a sort of..." he paused, groping for words. "Ghost, of a deer. But there's more to it than that. I'm not sure. She was a sort of omen, I think." Fiona herself was not helpful, offering no words, only the image of a restless buck tossing his head, eager for another turn.

"My shield's hitting close to bottom," he added, dragging his arm briefly across the sweat starting to form on his forehead from the exertion of avoiding the broad sweep of the hammer's falls. "You keep letting people think you aren't threatening. It'll surprise the hell out of them when you show them otherwise." He made a little "go on" movement of the knife. "One or two more, though, I'm probably good for."

Meegane

CHG: 1/3
DEF: 10  

Rejam

Aged Hater

13,425 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
Meegane rolled 2 10-sided dice: 3, 3 Total: 6 (2-20)

Meegane

Shoujo Dreamer

24,465 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Nerd 50
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:57 am
"I will tell them they're wrong", the girl grinned confidence, eyes kindled with determination. Even if she has baby face and almost the shortest on the island, she had her own pride as a hunter. She worked hard for her position, she proved herself in the promo mission. The stronger her spar partner was, the will to fight became stronger.

Shu stared at the blade of the Moon hunter, figuring out it did contain high degree of elegance in its simple color and curve. The soft glow of it was a kind of a distraction. "Deer like Bambi? Waittt it's a she so not Bambi? - Um - a-anyway Fiona is very pretty, I love her soft rune glow." Shu didn't know what omen meant, but a female deer ghost was imagined to be deathly and beautiful.

The arm remained slightly numb from the recovery made her missed, the hammer landed the ground with a thump.

========================

HP: 50/ 50 (all healed)
DMG: MISS

Rejam
pantomime clown <3

Also, treating Fiona like the toaster, Taym LOLLLLL

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:22 am
"She loves Bambi," he said drily, and it was obvious that he was getting tired, not quite on alert, distracted by the girl's prattling conversation. "She's a little different, though. Maybe next time I stick her in a golem she can pay you a visit. She thinks you're very formidable too."

CHG: 1/3
DEF: xx

Meegane
Up to you whether you wanna hit him while he's distracted xD or if you wanna start winding down I'd be game? biggrin

Rejam

Aged Hater

13,425 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • The Wolf Within 100

Meegane

Shoujo Dreamer

24,465 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Nerd 50
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:41 am
The not-so-happy tone puzzled Shu, wasn't Bambi a cute show, what's wrong? "Oh that will be great, I'd like to talk to Fiona", she clapped her hands for the nice idea. Z urged her to attack again, but after she observed the Moon hunter, she made the decision not to continue.

She didn't like to take advantage from his tiredness, so she stretched like a cat and de-summoned her weapon even the beast had a lot to grumble about. "Thanks for the spar, Mr. Thompson. I feel a bit hungry, so I think I'm going to eat something, would you like to join me?"

Rejam
Winding down is fine ;D

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 5:09 pm
Meegane

He paused. It wasn't her fault that Shu didn't know how loaded an invitation to share a meal was (answer: very loaded). He fought down the kneejerk irritation and borderline panic the idea of nonchalantly sharing food with a stranger induced, and as Fiona vanished he bought himself time by feeling around for his cigarettes, his lighter.

"Thanks for the invitation, sweetheart," he said, "but I was already gross before I came down here and now I'm disgusting. I think I'm gonna go grab a shower." A pause while he lit his cigarette and inhaled, turning away to breathe out before turning to extend a hand for an awfully professional-seeming handshake. "You did real ********' well," he informed her.  

Rejam

Aged Hater

13,425 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • The Wolf Within 100

Meegane

Shoujo Dreamer

24,465 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Nerd 50
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:16 pm
Possibly she didn't know, it was like going lunch together with a friend after class. The innocent eye blinking and slightly tilted head with an amiable smile all signaled one thing - she didn't realize his struggles and anxiety.

Until he spoke.

"Ohhhhh you need a shower." The invisible light bulb lighted up above her head together with the expressive face equaled to 'I see". She took the hand with both hands, delightful of the proximity. "Thank you, your defensive skill is very impressive, it feels like my attacks all went futile. You are a great Moon hunter no matter what others say."

Her stomach drummed for attention, "Oosp, haha, I'd better feed it now. See you later then, Mr. Thompson." She trotted away a few steps, then turned back to wave enthusiastically. "I learned a lot today~" and disappeared towards the direction to the cafeteria.

Rejam
This can be a wrap? /Chews your sweet av like candy

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas