[PRP]Sugar Rush! (Dyami and Yakone)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gene Wilder

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:27 am
User Image

Life had been quite peaceful for the Kalisetsi family. The newest litter (AKA the pride and joy of the Mantis Clan) had grown into strong, healthy cubs. The days had become colder, but it was just another test for them to overcome.

In short, life was boring.

So when Yakone, the fiery red cub, discovered what she believed to be a treasure map, naturally it was a world-shaking event. Whilst playing among the boulders and rocky outcroppings at the foot of the mountains, she'd discovered a small, tattered hide. Inscribed on it were strange markings: a large square with little lines denoting rivers, a circle with odd runic markings, and a large 'X' on the square.

As soon as she had translated it as best she could, the cub went flying down the hillside, map tucked safely in the little pouch around her neck. Her turquoise eyes scanned excitedly for familiar faces. This was gonna be so cool!!

Kolina

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:46 am
User Image

Dyami sat amongst the grass boredly patting a roundish rock between his paws. The rest of his siblings had run off to do something and had left him behind. Not that he could blame them since mother had chosen him last to get his bath today. So by the time her was finished he found he was left to entertain himself. Hence the rock, but it was doing a poor job of entertaining him.

With a sigh he flicked the rock away and flopped his head between his paws and looked out amongst the grasses. That was when we saw Yakone and she looked like she was up to something. Perking up at this, Dyami sprung to his feet and set off to chase after her. "Yakone!" He shouted as he raced after his sister. "Wait up!"

He put a little burst of speed into his legs to meet up with his fiery hued sister as quickly as possible. If anything he could just tag a long with her. It would have to be more entertaining than pushing a rock around. What...what are ...you doing?" He panted out.

Gene Wilder

Kolina

Inquisitive Agent

Gene Wilder

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:18 am
Dyami? Yakone skidded to a halt.

She had to be honest, Dyami wasn't really her first choice for a treasure-hunting partner. Nothing personal, but when she thought of like-minded, adventurous cubs, well... he didn't really spring to mind. Perhaps today would be the day he would prove her wrong!

Nevertheless, Yakone proudly whipped out the hide, spreading it out on the ground. She seemed to beam at her find.
"Check this out!" the cub proclaimed. "I found it under those big rocks up there. I think-" She paused. "I know it's a treasure map. It has all the right evidence. So I'm gonna go find the treasure it leads to!"

Kolina

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:45 am
Dyami looked at his sisters find with wide eyes. "Wow! You're so lucky to have found it! Do you know what the treasure is? Does it look like it's far away?" He beamed at Yakone. She always seemed to find the interesting things! Why couldn't he ever find fun things like that laying around the pride?

But... "If someone hid it there shouldn't we leave it there for them? I mean, will we get in trouble for taking it?" He looked at her questioningly. As much as he wanted to just go and find the treasure, he didn't want to get scolded by anyone in the pride. Especially mother and father.

Gene Wilder

Kolina

Inquisitive Agent

Gene Wilder

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:43 am
Leave it?! Yakone would've rolled her eyes, except she was too ladylike to be rude. Instead, she gave her brother a look that seemed to say "You're kidding, right?" Sometimes she wondered how they could be related.

"It's their fault they didn't find the treasure!" she exclaimed. " 'Sides, I didn't see anyone up there while I was explorin'. So it's mine- er, ours now." Sometimes, her greed made her say stuff like that. Her tail started wagging excitedly and her eyes grew big.
"Just think of all the stuff we could find! Maybe a lot of sparkly jewels, or or or a secret waterfall where the gods play! Or maybe a really big... egg!"

Kolina

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 2:48 pm
Dyami's ears instinctually drooped and his head ducked a bit at Yakone's words. He didn't want to make his sister angry but he didn't want to get in trouble either. "I guess you're right." He mumbled as he looked at the map some more. "I guess it's like finders-keepers."

As Yakone listed some things they might find, Dyami found himself getting excited over this map and the possibilities it held. "Egg?" He laughed. "I'd rather find jewels! We could make mum something pretty then!"

Dyami was definitely feeding off of Yakone's excitement. "Alright! Let's get started then! Can you read it right? Can you lead the way? I'll help as much as I can!"

Gene Wilder

Kolina

Inquisitive Agent

Gene Wilder

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 3:06 pm
Yakone grinned at Dyami. That's what she liked to see; a willing crew! She then turned her attention to the map, and put a paw to her lip, pondering it.

The map, upon closer inspection, did actually have a small trail drawn on it. The problem was, it had been worn away, and so only a thin line faintly clung to the hide. The little red cub narrowed her eyes, studying it intensely. She then jerked her head up to squint at the mountains northeast of where they sat. If they were quick enough and able to sneak off without their parents knowing, it might take them a few hours to reach the base.

"It looks like we gotta go that way," she said, pointing at the distant rocky behemoths. She began folding up the map, smiling at her brother. "Y'ready?"

Kolina
Feel free to like, skip a few hours ahead. xD At your discretion, of course.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:40 pm
Dyami watched with anticipation as Yakone drew the map closer to her and studied it. The tip of his tail twitched as he wait for her to decide which way to go first. His imagination was beginning to run rampant with ideas of what they might find at the end of the maps directions. Would it be gems, gold, a hidden passage, maybe even some yummy food! Whatever it was Dyami was excited to find it.

When Yakone broke the silence Dyami grinned. "Yep! Let's go before Mom or Dad come looking for us." He grinned as Yakone led the way.

*An hour or so later*

Dyami flopped his back end on the ground. "I thought you said you knew how to read that map. We've not found anything and I am pretty sure we've passed that rock 4 times already." He scoffed as he looked at the offending piece of Earth. "Maybe you're reading it wrong, or maybe it's not a map at all." He glowered. His paws were beginning to hurt from all the walking and, in typical cub fashion, he was beginning to get bored with the lack of results.

Gene Wilder

Kolina

Inquisitive Agent

Gene Wilder

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:15 pm
The red sister wasn't in any better of a mood than he was. Her ears twitched in agitation as she scrambled up the lip of an overhanging rock. The cubs had gradually walked up the mountainside, climbing higher and higher. The firm earth gave way to loose gravel and large boulders, with small flowers and hardy vegetation popping up here and there. One could see the ant-sized herds of prey from where they stood, and the occasional cloud roll by.

After slipping off the rock for the third time (stupid tiny claws!), Yakone finally whipped around, squealing angrily.
"Alright Mr. GENIUS, why don't you lead, then?!" She pulled out the map and forcefully shoved it in Dyami's chest, before she folded her arms and sulked. Visibly.

Kolina

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 5:59 pm
Golden ears drooped when Dyami realized he had angered his sister. That hadn't been his intention but he was tired, sore and NOW getting hungry. He felt like they had been at those for so, so long and he wasn't seeing any type of results. In fact, the idea of having to make their way BACK down from their high perch.

Then again, it was technically her fault that they were in the position they were in. She had been the one who was quite persuasive about looking for this supposed treasure.

With a huff he took the map which had falled between his paws when Yakone had shoved it at him. Little stones and pebble shifted under his paws as he positioned the map in what he thought was the correct reading format. Brows furrowed as he pondered over all of the odd symbols and lines drawn over the hide. "This really make no sense." He muttered as he continued to try to decipher it before finally realizing it was sideways. Twisting it around his eyes lit up. "Yakone...I...I don't think we're too far away!" He said, getting excited again. "Look here." He point to the map with a paw. "I think if we keep going around these rocks here, and, what I guess will be a really large rock, we'll be where we need to go!" He looked up at her hopefully before quickly grabbing the hide in his teeth and mumbling "Let's go!" before bounding off in the direction he thought was right.

Gene Wilder
Feel free to have Yakone find the cave next post. smile

Kolina

Inquisitive Agent

Gene Wilder

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 10:02 am
Yakone watched, a little dumbfounded, as Dyami succeeded where she had failed. Before she could open her mouth to argue, he'd taken off, leaving her in the dust!

"HEY! Waitaminit!" she yelled, tearing off after him. Indeed, he seemed to be right, as they climbed higher, circling past a large cluster of rocks. But Yakone was more concerned with her brother at the moment; he had the map AND he was rushing off without her! This had all the marks of a mutiny!

"I'm leader of this expedi-" she started, but unfortunately it was cut short. The two had reached the top of the hillside, only for her to crash into him. And as it turned out, the map never said anything about topography. For on the other side of the hill, an incredibly steep descent lay before them, with nothing but slippery pebbles and rocks to guide them downwards. So when the red cub bonked into the golden one, the force sent them both flying and tumbling down.

As gravity and the steep decline slowly gave way, the pair of them tumbled and finally crashed into the side of a large rock. Both their little heads knocked into something, and Yakone could've sworn she heard a "click". She was prepared to say so, only she was a little too preoccupied with untangling her tail from her brothers'.
"See what happens when the leader isn't in charge?!" she growled, snatching the map from his mouth. It had been torn up pretty badly on the way down. She frowned, and opened her mouth to say something, but was interrupted by a thunderous noise.

Behind them and the rock stood an enormous formation; it looked like a gothic cathedral had grown out of the mountain! Carved in the front of it was a long line, denoting there had been an opening of some sorts at one point. There were also tinier, much more intricate carvings of repeating patterns. This was unlike anything the Ela had ever produced. The grinding noise echoed throughout the mountainside, causing Yakone to clamp her paws over her ears. A large cloud of dust and dirt was kicked up as the opening barely cracked open, just wide enough for a cub or two to squeeze through.

"Huh," was all Yakone could say in bewildered surprise.

Kolina

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:54 am
Dyami didn't even hear his sister in his excitement. The only thing he could think of was the fact that maybe, just maybe, he had managed to find their treasure where his sister couldn't and how marvelous of a treasure it would be! But his hopes were dashed when he skidded to a halt at the top of the hillside and looked down the steep, rocky incline.

Truthfully, Dyami had been so focused on the path and deflated that they'd been foiled again that he didn't even realize Yakone was behind him until they both had gone spilling over the edge and tumbled down the hillside. Pebbles and small rocks rolled along with and behind them as they disturbed the ground in their wake.

Dyami felt himself come to am abrupt stop as he and Yakone hit heads. He laid there dazed for a few moments as pebbles and rocks hit them from the mountainside. Thankfully nothing was large enough to cause any real injuries.

Dyami only looked up when his sister started shouting at him. Ears drooped as the last bit of excitement from their adventure was squashed out of him. "I am sorry." He mumbled quietly. He didn't know what else to say. If he hadn't taken the map and run off they wouldn't be in this mess. Well...truthfully if Yakone hadn't run into him they wouldn't have tumbled down the hillside...but that all happened because of him!

Dyami startled at the roaring sound and covered his ears with his paws. What was going on!? "Yakone!" He tried to yell over the sound but his small voice couldn't carry past the grinding of rocks. When everything came to a stop he stood up and walked to Yakone's side and stared at the crack that had opened for them. "Wow..." He muttered before looking at Yakone. "Should we go in? I mean...you're the leader. You should decide." He tried to make amends. Maybe Yakone would forgive him if he didn't try to take the lead again.

Gene Wilder

Kolina

Inquisitive Agent

Gene Wilder

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:16 pm
Yakone tentatively took a few steps forwards, craning her neck back to see just how high this formation was. She would've fallen over backwards, had Dyami not gotten her attention. She shot a look back at him.
"Oohhh, so now I'm the leader!" she exclaimed, ready to throttle him at that point. Fortunately, the prospect of discovering treasure saved her brother. She looked back at the opening, and steeled herself. "Right, let's... let's go in!"

Without a second thought, the Ela cub strode in to the darkness, her eyes adjusting quickly. It turns out it really was like a cathedral inside; the ceiling practically went up for miles. But that wasn't the impressive part.

In the middle of this vast cavern was a large stone well, with an eerie light coming from it. Yakone was both entranced and spooked, but she slowly crept towards it. It turned out to be a wellspring for some strange liquid she'd never seen. And of course, being Yakone, she naturally plunged a paw right into it.

The echoing roar of what sounded like bells made the cavern tremble. The tiny red cub was ready to head for the exit and beat it, but something stopped her. Those bare, rocky walls were slowly revealing themselves to be not just walls, but canvases. Painted all over the walls were scenes of African wildlife, rolling clouds, heavenly creatures, and pastoral scenes. They glowed with an ethereal beauty, as though the gods themselves had painted these. Getting right up close to them revealed they weren't done with paws or brushes; the application was as smooth as a pearl.

Kolina

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2014 8:54 am
Dyami was missing the splendor of what they had found. He was far too worried about having hurt his sisters feelings. He did scoff though as his sister scolded him once again. "I never really -tried- to be the leader." He mumbled to himself. By this point though Yakone was already taking back her leadership and directing them into the chasm that opened up. He scrambled over the loose rocks to follow after her. "Wait for me!" He yelled as he followed his sister blindly into the darkness.

Of course, running in and not being able to see meant he ran head long into Yakone when she stopped to stare at what they had uncovered. "Oomph!" He rubbed his head but as he looked up he realized who had caught Yakone's attention and he stared in wonder at their find.

He watched as Yakone moved towards the strange light. He did NOT expect her to touch it! "Yakone! What are you doing?!" He rushed towards her to see what she had done but stopped dead in his tracks as as the strange sound echoed around teh cavern. His legs shook with fear as he looked at Yakone with pleading eyes. "We should get out of here!" His perception of the place was clouded over in his fear. The canvases around them were not even registering in Dyami's mind. All he wanted at that point was to run out of there and find his way back to their mother's side. But he wouldn't leave without Yakone.

Gene Wilder

Kolina

Inquisitive Agent

Gene Wilder

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 8:50 am
For once, Yakone agreed with her brother; they should get out of here. Now.
"R-right, right," she said hurriedly, and started running for the exit. Except that stupid liquid stuff was still on her paw! The cub slowed down to shake her paw, then wave it wildly. The liquid seemed to stay on her limb perfectly, though, as though it had been coated in honey or wax. She looked around for a way to get rid of it, and finally decided on using the nearest rock wall.

With a broad application, Yakone smeared the substance across the wall, getting rid of the weird, glowing stuff once and for all. She stepped back to inspect her paw, making sure it was clean enough (their mom could clean it off later). However, she was now distracted by the strange transformation that occurred. From her long, sweeping stroke, the liquid changed into a bright red 'S' shape. That's weird, she thought to herself. Tentatively, she crept up to the wall, and poked the red paint. From where her paw touched it, a small purple blotch appeared. The cub jumped back-- that was really weird! She tapped a different part of the S-shaped painting, and a small black dot appeared. Yakone squinted, staring long and hard at this odd creation.

"Dyami!" she finally exclaimed. She turned back to her terrified brother, pointing at the wall and grinning. "I made a snake!"

Kolina
WOO late reply! XD;

[IC] Ela'wadiyi Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces