Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Miscellaneous Threads
Gift Giving and Recieving

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 6:47 pm
Hello Everyone,

For many this is the gift giving season. In the United States you have terms like Black Friday and Cyber Monday. Getting the right gift for someone can be tough to do and getting what you want can sometimes make you impatient. For me it's hard to buy things for myself this time of year because I don't want to get something that someone else has already bought for me.

Three questions. What would you like to get this holiday season, what are you excited to get for someone else, and what do you want to buy for yourself?

Here are my answers:
1. Get from someone - I like to make it simple - Gift Cards!! Most of my family has no idea what to get me because they don't know anything about Anime or Cosplaying.
2. Buy for someone - I got my niece the new "My Little Pony" CCG (Collectable Card Game) 2 player starter set.
3. Buy for myself - I already bought for myself the new remake of the 1st half of the 1st season of Sailor Moon series in Blu Ray!!  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 1:29 pm
I also like making people presents. It personalizes it, isn't as expensive, and it a lot of fun. I've made scarves, ornaments, pillows, cookies, and stockings before. It's a great way to use up scrap materials from cosplays!  

xinitia

Crew

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:24 am
xinitia
I also like making people presents. It personalizes it, isn't as expensive, and it a lot of fun. I've made scarves, ornaments, pillows, cookies, and stockings before. It's a great way to use up scrap materials from cosplays!

Xac, my wife does all of those things you mentioned and more. She makes everything from scratch. smile  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:12 pm
smithers456
xinitia

Xac, my wife does all of those things you mentioned and more. She makes everything from scratch. smile

I love making people gifts as well! Like you said Xinitia, it personalizes the girl and makes it special!  

Starz-N-Madness
Crew

Beloved Star

7,500 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Tipsy 100

Starz-N-Madness
Crew

Beloved Star

7,500 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:18 pm
1. Get from someone - I too, try to make it easy. I'm actually quite easy to buy for because I would enjoy almost anything someone gives to me. If it reminds them of me, then I'm happy. Anything like clothes, anime themed, or artsy, I'll love. But I LOVE to receive cards with messages in them (not just signing their names).
2. Buy for someone - I got my friend Harley Quinn pjs from Hot Topic! They are awesome- I wish I could keep it for myself HAHA.
3. Buy for myself- I recently bought the game, PersonaQ, but I also want to buy myself more makeup this year to expand on my makeup kit (since I am a certified makeup artist).  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 2:52 am
Starz-N-Madness
1. Get from someone - I too, try to make it easy. I'm actually quite easy to buy for because I would enjoy almost anything someone gives to me. If it reminds them of me, then I'm happy. Anything like clothes, anime themed, or artsy, I'll love. But I LOVE to receive cards with messages in them (not just signing their names).
2. Buy for someone - I got my friend Harley Quinn pjs from Hot Topic! They are awesome- I wish I could keep it for myself HAHA.
3. Buy for myself- I recently bought the game, PersonaQ, but I also want to buy myself more makeup this year to expand on my makeup kit (since I am a certified makeup artist).

I'm actually easy to buy for as well but my parents are getting older so it's harder for them to buy what I want. My wife makes all kinds of cookies and gives them to family members. Oh, I've seen the Harley Quinn PJ's at Hot Topic that you are talking about. Harley Quinn is one of my favorite bad girls. smile I can't help it she's cute and quirky. I happen to have taken Cosplay photos of a couple of Harley Quinn cosplayers. At Hot Topic their is a Sailor Moon Sweatshirt that I want very badly. It's not in all of the Hot Topic stores so that makes it kinda rare. smile  

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
Miscellaneous Threads

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers