Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Deus Ex Machina, a humble training facility located on a remote island. 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities
[PRP] Loincloths Are Not Standard Issue (Zeke & Horace) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 12:47 pm
Horace's duty partner had not shown up yet. Ezekiel something or other. He checked the time on his phone again before scrolling through the intranet. Although he was bored as ********, he was also feeling utterly great, perfect, satisfied. The aches and bruises from the fight with Rep had seemed to vanish under Jan's oh-so-gentle care. A grin snuck up onto his face before he could stop it. Stretching, he looked around the room. The rope ladder had been tricky, but once inside, the little outpost was alright.

He wondered vaguely how much trouble he would get in for attempting to swing from a vine.

Beejoux

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 3:38 pm
Horace was free to swing from as many vines as he wanted, Zeke certainly wasn't going to mind.

The duty partner in question showed up a few minutes after Horace had settled within the outpost, punctual. In a tee shirt and jeans, coat slung over his shoulder rather than worn properly, the numerous piercings and colorful sweep of the octopus tattoo over neck and right arm were starkly visible. He looked a bit like a punk, but certainly didn't carry himself like one, nor did he speak like one.

"Unless they switched things up on me, you're Horace." A hand was extend, and with it a light smile. "I'm Zeke." Or Ezekiel. He, at least, didn't have a preference.

the semblance of unity

Beejoux

Wrathful Demigod

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:07 pm
"I'm Horace. No switching," he said, taking Zeke's hand for a shake. "At least not on the roster." Maybe in other areas. He looked the other man over. Zeke..... the name and face seemed vaguely familiar. Oh. He'd tried to jokingly recruit him as a booze-carrier. Horace's face relaxed into a grin.

"So, we just kinda... stare out the windows and hope nothing swings by to visit us? I don't like forests, they make me twitchy. Jungles a little less so." He rolled his shoulders. Horace's coat was slung across a chair and while he still wore a sweater vest, at least it was sleeveless. It would likely take a volcanic eruption to get him to stop wearing sweaters. In deference to the jungle's sticky mist, he had bundled his long hair up into a knot.

Beejoux

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 4:52 pm
The switch comment earned Horace an appraising sort of look and a quick flash of a smile before he'd reclaimed and hand and taken the seat beside the other man.

Zeke's jacket was tossed onto the chair with Horace's, then the Mist was drawing a leg up to rest his ankle on his opposite knee, sliding down into a comfortable slouch. "I think we're supposed to be watching for anything "threatening". Which seems a relative term, given what I've heard around the island." How, exactly, they were supposed to tell the difference between normal dangerous, and worrisome dangerous was beyond Ezekiel, but he supposed they would know the difference when they saw it. Hopefully.

"If it looks more out of place than usual, it might be worth mentioning to someone. Other than that, we get to hang out in a tree house for a few hours and just relax."

His mind flashed back to something he'd recalled reading on twitter, and with it came a small frown. "Harrison mentioned something about rogue hunters lurking around." Definitely worth keeping an eye out for.

the semblance of unity

Beejoux

Wrathful Demigod

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:55 am
"To hear some people tell it, seems like everywhere and everything is dangerous now." He flopped into a chair close to a window. And, with a thud, propped both feet up on the sill. "Though I like Harrison, seems nice. His husband is another story." He winced in memory. Rep was stronger than he and had trounced him pretty thoroughly - there had even been a moment of real fear as the hunter had dragged him off the field.

"So who would you think is a rogue hunter? I don't know a whole lot of people yet." With a creak, he rocked his chair back. "You, for example, might be a rogue, but perhaps not the evil type. It is a mystery" The last was said in a vaguely goofy voice, complete with finger wiggling.

Beejoux

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:31 am
"That's about the gist of it, though our weapons make us a hell of a lot harder to hurt or kill, so dangerous is sort of on a sliding scale now." Hazel eyes were turned out the window, scanning the trees. "Yeah, Harrison's alright, if a bit blind." He was, of course, talking about Rep. Not that he'd have to clarify to Horace. The other trainee had gotten a very up-close and personal introduction from the belligerent Scotsman.

Attention shifted from the trees to land on the man beside him, and he rolled his shoulders in a shrug. "I haven't got a clue, which I suspect is the problem. If anyone had any ideas, said rogue hunter wouldn't be a problem anymore." As for the possibility of Zeke being one of the infamous 'O', he had to laugh. "I could be," he smirked, brows raising. "But if not evil, than what?"

the semblance of unity

Beejoux

Wrathful Demigod

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 12:46 pm
Horace stood up and moved to the window, peering down. It was really pleasingly high. "Y'know, if Big Billy wasn't so awful, he and Harrison would be really cute - like romance novel cute, with their alternate lives and stuff." He sighed dramatically. Horace wanted a cute, simple romance. Cute and simple were never going to be possible here, he was coming to realize that. So, Horace would take whatever he got. He turned to face Zeke, arching a brow at his question.

"Oh, you know," He looked Zeke up and down, a grin playing on his lips. "-the daring adventure type, the thief of hearts type, dashing anti-hero. You tell me." He leaned slightly out of the (conveniently open) window and grabbed a handful of vines. Idly, he began to braid them together.

Beejoux

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 1:10 pm
Hazel eyes skipped from the trees to the other trainee as he got to his feet and moved to a window, an amused expression on his face. "Big Billy?" He'd forgotten that Rep's real name was William. "I bet he'd love being called that, maybe you should try it." No, he was not serious. Apathetic as he might be, he would rather not have another person's death so exclusively on his hands. Not so much an issue of remorse, but it would have been incredibly bothersome.

As he turned, an auburn brow lifted to match, easy smile sliding over lips as he noted the appraising sort of look. "Dashing, huh?" He wasn't at all certain any of the options presented fight him very well, though he supposed, given his own track record, Thief of hearts was probably the closest.

the semblance of unity

Beejoux

Wrathful Demigod

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 2:49 pm
"Oh, I already tried Little Willy, at least. He loved it. And...." Horace paused his braiding and began ticking off names on his fingers. "Bill, Alpha Male - now he actually liked that one, missed my sarcasm entirely, Rip, and Bully. It;s a test to see how subtle I can be. Not that I'm really looking to end up as jelly under his fists, but-" Horace couldn't actually pinpoint the appeal. Maybe it was because Rep reminded him vaguely of the kids back home - the ones who'd called him 'f*****t' and 'whore a**' and bullied him.

He begabn to braid more quickly, weaving everything together in a five-strand pattern. "Yeah, you got the look of someone who knows they're dashing, so don't even pull that with me." He laughed and held out the braided vine. "Wanna go for a swing?"

Beejoux

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 3:03 pm
"I'll bet he did," Zeke interjected softly, at the 'Alpha male' comment. He recalled their not-quite-meeting at the party. Zeke had been ordering a drink from Harrison, had complimented the man's costume(because it had been ******** daring), and gotten a jealous glare from Rep in response. Now, Zeke didn't actually care, people could glare at him all they damn well wanted, so long as no one tried to start s**t with him, but he could see the appeal of poking at the large red-head.

The Mist didn't even bother with feigned innocence at that comment. He just grinned all the brighter. It was true, he was aware of how he looked and how people responded to him, so he tipped his head, shoulders rising in a shrug as that smile grew a touch wider, a touch more smug.

A glance was given tot eh braided vine, brows ticking up. "Do I wanna go for a swing?" Tone suggested he did not. "I'll pass, but," and here he sat forward, elbows on his knees. "I'll watch you, so when you fall you'll get the help you need, if you need it." They were tougher now, but a fall from up here would still be painful.

the semblance of unity

Beejoux

Wrathful Demigod

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 6:19 pm
Horace just shook his head at Zeke's glowing grin and flipped him off, chuckling. "Too many of you good-looking people on this island. Enough to make a guy go crazy." Even though, right now, Horace was only really interested in one of them. He appreciated the views.

"Ah, p***y." Horace snorted good-naturedly at the other man. With a thump, he clambered onto the window sill, grabbed the vine in both hands and jumped outwards. The hot jungle air wooshed past his face before, with a shoulder-numbing jerk, the vine finished extending. Horace let out a whoop as he swung through the jungle, almost hitting a tree. This was not terribly professional... at all. But damn, it was kind of fun. And then, he was careening back.

THUNK

Horace hit the side of the treehouse with a bone-jarring shock. "Gimme a hand?'

Beeijoux

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:09 pm
Zeke's grin only kicked up a notch at that one fingered salute. He did suppose, objectively, that the island was full of attractive people. If he had more of an eye for pretty, he likely would have paid closer attention, but Zeke's tastes ran a little differently.

At the jab to his pride he rolled his shoulders, clearly unphased. Curiously he wondered if they were high enough for a fall to result in a broken bone, but really, it was probably better not to chance it if he didn't have to. Swinging through the trees by a braided vine really did not sound all that appealing, so there was absolutely zero reason for him to attempt it. Reckless, he was not. At least not in this regard.

Though he would move closer to the window as Horace climbed out, and he'd watch, amused, as the other man grabbed the vine and swung off the tree house, out into the jungle, before heading right back, faster now.

He waited until the thunk, the snap of vines, and Horace's voice as he coursed and asked for assistance. "Told you so," he said in a drawl, leaning out the window, elbow braced on the ledge and chin resting in his upturned palm. "I suppose I could help." The grin grew, positively awful. "If you asked nicely."

the semblance of unity

Beejoux

Wrathful Demigod

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 5:55 am
"Whatever." He grunted and tried to pull himself a little farther up the vine. The window sill was so, so close. And yet so far. If he could, he'd take a hand off the vine just to flip Zeke off again. The smug grin was just too much. "It was totally worth it." Horace did not know if he'd think it 'worth it' if he had ended up lying on the jungle floor, possibly with a broken arm. But that hadn't happened. Horace would chalk it up to his occasional bouts of good luck.

"Darlingest Zeke, could you possibily see ya way to givin' me a hand yet, smug b*****d," he drawled out. This was accompanied by the most dramatic flutter of his eyelashes. He tried to grab hold of the window sill and cursed again.

Beejoux

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:41 pm
"But was it?" He gave a bark of a laugh, one that lingered at Horaces attempted sweet talk, but in the end he'd reach out to grab the other man's arm. If, in the end, he'd waited until the vine threatened to snap altogether, that was surely a coincidence. Right.

Regardless of being the same height, Zeke hauled Horace up almost effortlessly y-- he didn't weigh much more than Ever-- hanging on just long enough for him to grab the window before letting go and dropping back into his chair. Ankle popping back up on his knee again.

the semblance of unity

Beejoux

Wrathful Demigod

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 2:40 pm
Horace, now upright and safely ensconced in the tree house, proceeded to picks leaves out of his hair. Somewhere along the way, his hairband had popped, and now his hair hung hotly down one side of his head. "Totally worth it, even if I'd fallen." Because even if it hadn't been worth it, Horace would never admit that. Pushing his hair back, he went to sit again.

"So, what division are you? I'm death, by the way." He cracked his neck loudly and stared out of the window. "And if you don't get your kicks by swinging from vines, what do you do?"

Beejoux

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces