Zaikt
Crew

Otherworldly Plague

20,675 Points
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • Galactic Domination 200
  • That One Hero 500
PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 3:23 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Sired from the same ulun'suti father, these two half-siblings are far too familiar with opposition. They're at each other's throats more often than not when they meet, though these encounters are few and far between--but maybe this wasn't always so. Maybe they were once closer, long before fate set them against each other? Have they always been so antagonistic, or is this a recent development? They certainly aren't telling, a fact that isn't all that surprising.

We don't know much of their tale. Perhaps, however, you do.

[Opens December 10, 1 PM CST. | Closes December 12, 11 PM CST.]

User ImageUser Image
[Cinderbeast Mare]
User ImageUser Image
[Justicar Stallion]

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 3:24 pm
Rules

1. Do not guilt trip other entrants or otherwise make people feel bad about their entries. Everybody has the same chance, but if you're doing this, yours will drop to zero. Be a good sport, too--if I catch you badmouthing folks, we're gonna have some problems. I will find out about it, too. 8V
  2. You don't have to stick to the sibling rivalry/fight plotline I put up here, but these two are siblings regardless. Please don't enter with the intention to make them mates.
  3. You may edit your entries, but you have to put a visible note in the top of the post that you've done so. Otherwise, I'm probably going to miss the changes, and that's just no good for you.
  4. Follow all shop and ToS rules. If it doesn't fly in the main thread, it's not gonna do that here, either.
  5. Please keep all entries under 1k (1000) words. If you feel like writing a whole lot, that's great! More power to you--but please keep in mind that it's just me doing this thing. I'll be reading literally every entry, and probably a few times over at that; don't make this hard on me, this is my first soquili RP contest. ;; b-be gentle.
  6. This contest will end at the exact time stated in the first post, and absolutely no late entries will be accepted, no matter how good they are. I'll be going by timestamps, so even if I'm not around to close it for whatever reason, it's slamming shut! Posting your entry even a minute late will make it not count, so be careful. I'm a bit of a stickler when it comes to time on these things. :U
  7. More rules may be added as necessary. Hopefully, that won't be required, though!

Zaikt
Crew

Otherworldly Plague

20,675 Points
  • That One Hero 500

Zaikt
Crew

Otherworldly Plague

20,675 Points
  • That One Hero 500
PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 3:26 pm
Prompts

Prompt 1
Describe for me the basis of their rivalry. Were they enemies from foalhood? Did something happen later on in life to tear them apart? Tell me their story.

Prompt 2
Between the two of you, the only parent you shared was your father, a 'suti stallion who would prefer to love and leave than stick around. He took the both of you with him, however, and you never met your mothers or your other siblings--simply because he stole you from them during the night. How did this escapade go down? Which one of you did he steal first?

Prompt 3
During your younger years, the two of you had no choice but to be near each other due to the influence of your father. One day when you were 'playing'--and whether or not that means 'completely avoiding each other' is uncertain--something happened, leaving one or both of you stuck in a sinkhole. How did the two of you get out? Did you work together, or yell until your father came instead?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 3:27 pm
Entries

Quote:
names - page number
  1. tefla & XxXPandamoniumXxX - 1
  2. techabyte & LOLTERNATIVE - 1
  3. Vistada & Revel1984 - 1
  4. Wasteland Wyvern & Belloblossom - 1
  5. Niyaru Delacroix & Thalea - 1
  6. ~Twilight...Angel~ & Kaliskanny - 1
  7. musicaloner7 & Nikkichomp - 1
  8. SilverShieldwolf & HanaKirei - 1

Zaikt
Crew

Otherworldly Plague

20,675 Points
  • That One Hero 500

Zaikt
Crew

Otherworldly Plague

20,675 Points
  • That One Hero 500
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:41 am
Form

Please remember to remove all the helper text in silver from this form before you submit it.

[align=center][size=14][b][color=gray]We know what happened.[/color][/b][/size][/align]

[b]Usernames:[/b] [color=silver]Put both entrants' usernames down here! You cannot enter this solo.[/color]
[b]Preferences:[/b] [color=silver]Partner A wants the Cinderbeast while Partner B wants the Justicar, for example.[/color]

[b]Cinderbeast's Name:[/b] [color=silver]This is the mare. [/color]
[b]Brief Personality:[/b]

[b]Justicar's Name:[/b] [color=silver]This is the stallion.[/color]
[b]Brief Personality:[/b]

[b]Prompt Selected:[/b] [color=silver]Either copypaste the prompt you're filling into a quote or spoiler tag here, or simply specify which number you're writing for.[/color]

[b]Prompt Response:[/b] [color=silver]Remember to keep this under 1000 words.[/color]

[b]Additional Comments:[/b] [color=silver]If there's anything you want to add, put it here.[/color]

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:57 pm
Edit: Just formatting the selected prompt properly

We know what happened.

Usernames: tefla & XxXPandamoniumXxX

Preferences: tefla would like the Cinderbeast Mare and XxXPandamoniumXxX would like the Justicar Stallion

Cinderbeast's Name: Quilchena
Brief Personality: Quilchena is the younger of the duo. Her temper sometimes gets the better of her and causes rifts between herself and those few that she considers friends. However sharp she is with strangers and sometimes even her friends she has a soft side that she reserves only for her mother. Her father is given the utmost respect but even though it is there it is begrudgingly doled out. She harbors a little bit of distrust towards her father because of his ways. She idolized Nereus. She would look up to him and strive to be like him, trying to take in the calmness that he exuded. That lasted throughout their foal hood and beyond until the incident which drove a wedge between them. Her youthful attitude also comes with a sense of naïveté. She has been shielded from the harsh realities of life from her mother and once that shield is lost than all hell will break loose.

Justicar's Name: Nereus
Brief Personality: Nereus is a pretty placid individual. He is calm and doesn’t get overly excited over anything. He has a lot of hate growing deep inside him. You wouldn’t know this by looking at him and you probably won’t find out either. He keeps his personal business to himself from outsiders who could use it against him in some way. He is friendly to an extent, but the rivalry with his half-sister has caused him to have a hard time making friendships or at least keeping them. He avoids his family, or what’s left of it, at all cost. He is sensitive and completely broken on the inside, which he hides. He can’t even go near his father anymore because with his sister’s blame, he feels guilty every time he sees him. There has been a few times where he actually believed it was his fault and he is paying the price. He has given up reasoning with his half-sister and has decided to live a quiet life. Though he constantly has to watch his back because he knows she is looking for him.

Prompt Selected:
Quote:
Describe for me the basis of their rivalry. Were they enemies from foalhood? Did something happen later on in life to tear them apart? Tell me their story.

Prompt Response:
At first you would hardly believe this duo to be enemies. As foals they were rather close to each other with the youngest looking up to emulate the oldest. Each foal was able to look past the fact that they had different mothers. They would frolic and play around each other’s home without cause for worry. It continued like this for many seasons. There was fun, frivolity, and shared families. That was all about to change in the blink of an eye.

Our story picks up one day in early fall. Quilchena had gone on an errand for her mother to find a plant that was not available in their immediate area. Once agreeing to find what it was her mother wanted Quilchena set off. In the hours that she was away Nereus had come around to seek out his younger sister. However instead of finding Quilchena or her mother hale and hearty and in good spirits Nereus instead came across a scene of death and destruction. His “second” mother had been brutally slain. Nereus was shocked by the sight or better yet, stunned. He couldn’t believe his half-sister’s mother was dead. Dead by something long gone now and there was nothing he could do about it. Nereus needed a task to keep himself busy and so he searched the area looking for any trace of his half-sister. When he finished his search with no trace of her Nereus became worried for Quilchena’s safety. He knew better than to wander aimlessly about in a fruitless search. Nereus returned to the scene of carnage to keep watch. He hadn’t even realized he had gotten himself covered in blood in his attempts to save Quilchena's mother.

Meanwhile Quilchena had found what it was that she was tasked to find. Although it had taken a little longer to locate the plant Quilchena knew that she would be home well before midnight. Quilchena could only imagine her mother’s happiness when she returned. Perhaps after she dropped off the plant she’d go to visit Nereus. The mare would have noticed the stillness and silence surrounding her home had she been more alert. Instead the scene that she came home to was one out of a nightmare. The carcass of her mother lay highlighted in the clearing by the light of the full moon. Quilchena stared in disbelief at the scene. The plant that she had gripped onto so tightly in her mouth now dropped silently to the ground, completely forgotten. A rustling sound from nearby caught her attention and her gaze widened in fear. There was also anger present just underneath her skin. She’d make whoever was responsible for this heinous act pay. As Nereus stepped out from the nearby foliage Quilchena felt as she had been sucker punched; for Nereus’s coat was covered in her mother’s blood.

When he finally noticed his sibling standing there meters away from him, he noticed the look on her face. It said so much more than words right now. He opened his mouth to speak, but what could he say? What exactly could he even say to her? She looked broken. She looked angry. Nothing he would say would change that feeling inside her right now. “Quilchena…” He breathed out. His voice low as emotions hit him hard. “It’s not what you think…I tried…I tried to save her.” His words came out dry the more he felt tears about to fall from his eyes. He had always been a little sensitive and this was breaking him. “You have to believe me…” With his last few words, he started to slowly approach her. He was afraid, but she was his younger sister, his little ‘Chena. She would never hurt him.

But then he stopped, the look in her eyes had changed. They no longer reflected the carefree expression that Quilchena shared when she was around him. They now seemed dead, yet hateful at the same time. He contemplated running away because now he was starting to realize that this didn’t look good at all. He was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Quilchena couldn’t believe her ears. Nereus was trying to plead with her that it wasn’t his fault. How could he have done this to her? A betrayal by blood was the hardest betrayal to swallow. She couldn’t see past the evidence that covered his entire body and spoke of a lie. Her body stiffened at Nereus’s attempt to approach her. The mare felt the rage building inside of her as she felt a sudden chill of foreboding wash over her. Her mother was gone. All that mattered in her life had been ripped away violently from her. Quilchena’s voice was harsh as she spoke to Nereus, “Don’t come near me. You’re a monster.”

Quilchena’s voice cracked as she spat the words out towards Nereus, “How could you do this to me?”

Quilchena’s gaze narrowed on Nereus. Family or not he had crossed the line in which she could never forgive him. She couldn't fathom the fact that he was telling the truth. A line had been crossed; one that could not be uncrossed. The only sign that Quilchena’s life was falling apart was the plaintive “why” that escaped her. Before that word could be registered though she drew a protective layer around her heart before baring her teeth at Nereus. “Leave now or you’ll regret it!! I shall not forget what has happened here Nereus. I vow that I’ll forever make your life as miserable as you have made mine tonight!”

As Nereus fled Quilchena's tough facade broke down and she gave a mournful wail as she neared her mother's corpse. She was truly dead and there was nothing she could do. However, Quilchena would remember her vow. From that night forward she made it a point to make Nereus suffer. No longer was he her idol, only a target of her rage.

Additional Comments:
Panda and I have discussed that this rivalry might continue for ages. When the time comes that both Quilchena and Nereus become parents there is the good chance that their children will become mired in this conflict: and not by choice. Quilchena will purposely set out to instruct her children to automatically hate Nereus and any of the children that he will have. Essentially she’ll be setting her own children on their cousins. Nereus will likely be aware of this possibility and while he’d not encourage violence there would be no way to dissuade it if the cousins met up somehow.  

tefla

Enigmatic Star

19,400 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Object of Affection 150

LOLTERNATIVE

Super Trash

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 3:46 pm
We know what happened.

Usernames:
xxxxx techabyte & LOLTERNATIVE
Preferences:
xxxxx techabyte will be portraying the Cinderbeast
xxxxx LOLTERNATIVE will be portraying the Justicar.

Cinderbeast's Name:
xxxxx Lehava
Brief Personality:
xxxxx Describe for me, if you will, fire. Yes. That's it. Keep giving me words. Blazing. Livid. Scalding. They all describe the dark and dangerous side of fire. But then there is warmth. Passion. Incandescent. Words that describe the love that we as breathing creatures feel toward such a dangerous concept. That is how this mare is. Lehava is fire incarnate. She is two sides of the same coin. One second she will be warm and caring. She will show that she cares and offer warmth and comfort to those she adores. But then, with a flick of a spark, she is ablaze. She is angry and harsh and dark. She could burn you with the sharpest of glares. Scar you with a quick snap of her claws. Lehava is both in one. And only one person knows both sides of her.

Justicar's Name:
xxxxx Izotz
Brief Personality:
xxxxx Ice needs no describing. It is cold, distant and harsh. Perhaps it had not always been this way - after all, is ice not water and water is nurturing and cool and gentle. But Izotz is ice. His heart is ice and he is too hurt to thaw even the slightest. Ice numbs you and he would rather be alone than feel the pain. It is hard for him to trust and he will often turn those that try to get close to him away. Warmth from love melts. He is envious of those that are happy. Envious of those in love - perhaps with more hostility than he would like. Two would say he was not like this once. But one is no longer with us and the other he cares not for. He is ice. He is cold. He is frozen.

Prompt Selected:
xxxxx Prompt One

Prompt Response:
xxxxx Let me weave you a tale. A tale of love and hate. Of sorrow and joy. Of two people who let their bond shatter.

xxxxx Once upon a time, there lived a stallion. He wasn’t a well-known stallion; neither handsome nor ugly. What set him apart, was his charm. Elegant markings ran along his fur and his wit was strong. He sired many children, but only two followed after him. They were deemed Lahava and Izotz. They resembled the father the most, and for that, he kept them close. He raised them to be strong and smart. To look after each other and to enjoy the world around them. To love and be loved, and let nothing stand in their paths.

xxxxx He vanished, unseen, a few months after the siblings became adults. This left Lahava and Izotz to look after one another. They were happy to do so, enjoying the warmth of summer and the chill of winter. Loving and losing love. Protecting one another with every breath they took. They were inseparable; the closest of siblings. As they grew and matured, they learned to rely on each other more and more. Lahava ate meat at times, and Izotz would help her to hunt if she needed something soon. And when food was hard to find in the harsh winters, Lahava would assist Izotz with finding some berries or greens to eat and survive.

xxxxx They seem happy, right? A perfect little family of two, making their way through life. Perfection. But not all was right in the world. One spring morning, Izotz met a mare. A lovely mare, with a long flowing mane, and colors as soft as the clouds. She easily won over his heart, accepting everything about him and loving to be around him. Izotz was ecstatic. Happy. Content. Lehava also met a mare. A mare with hair the color of wheat and eyes as bright as the moon. She adored on the mare, showing her different spots that Lehava thought were far less beautiful than this mare.

xxxxx The siblings got together, excited and over the moon. They both started to describe the mare. “She has eyes so bright that the sun cannot compare!” “Her smile melts my heart; it is so lovely!” “I cannot describe the way her hair looks in the moonlight!” “She is perfect!” As they talked, they realized similarities. The long blond hair. The soft coat and bright eyes. Eventually they spoke her name, only to realize it was the same mare. Shocked, they had to separate for some time. Izotz went into cold contemplation, figuring out how such a thing could happen. Lehava went into seething rage, burning with some passion she did not know.

xxxxx This is where the store takes a twisted turn. Coming back together, they fight. They fight over who saw her first. They fight over who adores her more. They fight over who will get her in the end. They fight for days, nights, weeks. And this is where the world seems to get turned upside down for the pair. They vow never to see each other again. Never to be friends or siblings. They are too different; too angry. They went their separate ways. On the first night, Izotz found his mare. He told her to meet him in the Aa-wi-u-s-di Plains, and he would show her what love was. He left then, running to the plains and away from his foalhood home.

xxxxx Lehava found her the next night, talking sweetly to her. She mentioned how the world was a hard place, and she could protect her treasure. How she could keep her safe and loved in this world. She told her to meet her past a group of mountains, where a small valley laid in protection. She left then, climbing through the mountains until she got to the valley where she would live out the remainder of her life with the mare who shone like the moon.

xxxxx Now the mare, who was torn between two siblings, did not know what to do with her life. She was torn between a stallion who treated her like the world and a mare with more passion for her than life itself. She found herself wandering the forests between the plains and the mountains, uncertain which way to take herself. What if she went the wrong way? What if she regretted this choice for all her days? The questions were taken from her though, as death struck quick on the claws of another. Skinwalker territory was not far from the forest, and she was taken down quickly.

xxxxx By the time the siblings found their way to the forest, struck by worry, all that remained was a trail of blood and the smell of death. Struck by despair, they ran into each other once more. They blamed each other, claiming it was their fault and that she would be alive right now had it not been for the fact that Lehava moved to the mountains, and Izotz to the plains. Angered and pained, they spat words of hate and despair. They parted once more, vowing to attack the next time they ran into each other.

xxxxx Our story ends here, for now. But what of the rest of their lives? Will Lehava ever feel the fire burn in her soul again? And what of Izotz? Will he be able to break the cold he feels in his heart? If you wish to know more, come back another night, my friends. For the night is growing long, and I tired. Off to bed with you, friends. We shall continue the tale of Lehava and Izotz, the feuding siblings, another time.

Additional Comments:
xxxxx - At this point in time, the siblings are going to be separated, despising one another. The future is unknown as to if they can rekindle their love and friendship for one another.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:43 pm
We know what happened.

Usernames: Vistada | Revel1984
Preferences: Vistada wants Justicar, Revel wants Cinderbeast.

Cinderbeast's Name: Effie Cinderfrost
Brief Personality: Effie has this problem where she's always cold, even the fires within her body do not quench this beast's need for heat. She is jealous of her half brother Nikolai for his cooler complexion and capability to stand his cold body.
Effie is a bit snarky, and is rather sarcastic in nature. However, she is more snarkily sarcastic when her brother is in her vicinity. She is also a little snappy, and hard by nature and is not at all a weak individual.

Justicar's Name: Nikolai Cinderfrost
Brief Personality: Nikolai is a stoic stallion who at times shows his irritations on his face but barely ever snaps back at those who wish to fight him. He is moreso the sort to get physical when he wishes to teach someone else a lesson. He will not accept someone calling him by Nik, only his sister Effie even despite their rivalry.
He sometimes does surprise his sister Effie and answers to her sarcasm with his own. He may be seen as the one who is less into the rivalry now that they are adults, and he has a bit more respect for his sister for how she was raised.

Prompt Selected: 1
Prompt Response:
Nikolai and Effie's mothers were actually friends who wished to seek shelter from their father during a rough winter storm. During the two days the storm had hit the Kawani lands, both the mares had given into the Stallion's ever-loving personality. For payment, the Stallion warned them both that he would find them and take one basket each from their clutches.
He left completely, the only trace of him left was inside each of the mares. It was evident that when he took both Effie and Nikolai from his mothers when they were just baskets that he had wished to have taken two sons.

When the baskets popped and out came a female hipposuti from the darker mare he had his way with; their father was rather angry. He chose to ignore her and when a large and handsome son popped from the lighter basket he had completely forgotten his daughter. It wasn't that their father was evil, he was just a bit vain and wished to show his son his ways and how his pact worked for the better. He also wanted to have something to do with his children but not so much with the mares he bred with.

Continuing on with their story, their father had obviously sharply favoured his son Nikolai, which heavily confused Effie. She had looked the most in genetics to an Ulun'Suti and her brother, though holding their father's cold colouration, held Kirin scales like no one else's business. But instead her brother had been favoured. Nikolai grew into a stoic beast too which caused Effie during the time they were a colt and filly to be very hard on her brother behind their father's backs. She had her ways to get even with Nikolai. She would often steal things from their father and hide them in Nikolai's corner of their cave. However this damaged Nikolai moreso than it damaged their father.

Effie and Nikolai spent most of their younger life despising each other, but now that they have grown up. Effie still often shows her jealousy and pays her brother back with tricks and sarcasm. Nikolai has taught Effie a thing or two physically but now that he is older figures that he would overpower his smaller sister.

Additional Comments: I know that I kind of answered the first two prompts but I wanted to tell their story moreso and had to start somewhere biggrin .  

Saint Vis
Crew

Timid Prophet

Wasteland Wyvern

Dangerous Demigod

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:36 am
We know what happened.

Usernames: Wasteland Wyvern and Belloblossom
Preferences: Wyvern is entering for the Cinderbeast Mare, and Bello for the Justicar Stallion

Cinderbeast's Name: Lachneth (Indomitable) <-- The cert temper is in parenthesis!
Brief Personality: Neth is very passionate about everything. If she feels the need to invest herself into a cause she will give her all and nothing less. She is also very scrappy and not afraid to tumble and fight with her older sibling. She suspects this is because of her fiery suti nature and wonders often if others of the fire aspect are like herself.

Justicar's Name: Glacio (Detached) <-- The cert temper is in parenthesis!
Brief Personality: Glacio is a calm and collected sort showing very little emotion towards the world. He isn't sure if this is just his way or if his element has some bearing on his outlook of the world. Truly such trivial matters matter less to him for he is who he is.
He is however spitefully jealous of his younger half sister.

Prompt Selected:
Quote:
During your younger years, the two of you had no choice but to be near each other due to the influence of your father. One day when you were 'playing'--and whether or not that means 'completely avoiding each other' is uncertain--something happened, leaving one or both of you stuck in a sinkhole. How did the two of you get out? Did you work together, or yell until your father came instead?

Prompt Response:
It was so very bright out when their father, Cremicius, sent them from the cave to play for the day. Truly Crem had just been so sick of them always bickering back and forth. When he'd initially stolen the baskets from the mothers he had no idea it would be like this! So with a long suffering look and a firm sounding voice they were sent to 'play'. Now most times this would mean them completely ignoring each other while doing their own thing, but Neth was absolutely sick of this routine. The younger of the two she was always the first to start trouble. A trouble was to find them this day.

She stalked over to her brother long talons clicking on the stones near the cave and sidled up to him. Glacio couldn't help but wonder what exactly she was up to. He snorted and side stepped so she wasn't behind him. Now able to look her in the eyes he said, "What!? What do you want now Neth?" She half giggled, half snorted with his tone. He sounded just like father. "Shesh Glace you sound so angry today. Funny considering I'm usually the fiery one." She was purposely goading him on but this was how she always was. The smaller filly grinned, her sharp toothed face becoming menacing. "So do you want to actual do something fun for once? Or just sit out here and nibbled the grass until father calls us back inside?" Now was the time to use all her skills to convince him to follow her, "Or are you just a big icy chicken with your hooves stuck to the floor?" Yup tactful, that was Neth.

With a giggle she took off running knowing he would chase her for her words. Her talons bit into the softer ground as she got farther away from the cave they shared with dad. She could hear the thunder of his hooves as he chased her. Maybe he needed to loose some weight! Such a ruckus!

What she didn't realize is that she had miscalculated. The cave that had been her initial stopping point, the one holding the litter of wolf pups she wanted to show to her brother was farther off to the right and behind her. Instead she had wandered off track and was headed right for a cliff. Her brother saw it coming but the fiery mare was too busy enjoying her flight from her brother to pay attention. "Neth! Look out!" He called too late as she went over, talons and hooves scrambling at ground that was no longer there. Her whinny was sharp and high pitched as it became a scream. Glacio skidded to a halt barely avoiding going over himself. He was afraid to look down expecting that he would see a broken body at the bottom of the gorge. His eyes clouded in panic. Father would never forgive him! Neth was always the favorite, his pride and joy.
"Spirits would you stop standing there like an idiot and help me you oaf!" His eyes locked onto her, struggling, her body sinking slowly into a sandy bog below. A sink hole. 'Oh hell...' He thought to himself wondering what he could do, if he could do anything. He decided then and there that the only way to save his sister was to go get their dad, and face his fury afterward.
"Just hold on Neth. I'm going to go get dad..." He took off in the direction they had come from. It took him longer than he expected to arrive back at the cave. He told his father was had happened and expected him to blow up right there. Instead the older winged suti had flown into a panic. His baby girl was in trouble! "Wait here... Don't move a muscle Glacio!"
Glacio could hear the sheer anger that soaked through their dad's word and true to form the icy colt locked up, scared stiff.

What felt like hours but was only twenty or so minutes their father came walking back in with Neth who was soaked in slimy muck and scared silly. Glacio tried to say he was glad she was okay but their father, also muck covered glared him into silence. Glacio knew what it meant. He was in for a helluva talking to.
Once Crem had Neth cleaned up and tucked into her nest of grass where she slept did he come back out to find her son looking abashed and scared. "Stop looking like I'm going to kill you Glacio. Neth told me what really happened." Hope flared to life in the sons gaze. "I'm sorry dad. I... I didn't know what to do... She was just gone so fast, I thought she was dead until she yelled at me to find a way to help. If that sinkhole hadn't been there she'd be... She'd be..." He couldn't finish the sentence. No matter how jealous he was of her, no matter how hateful they acted she was still his sister and he meant the world to her. The tears came quickly, overflowing from Glacio's eyes. He had come so close to loosing his only sister.
"I know son. I know..." Said the father. He moved closer to his son and nuzzled him. Though Neth was his favorite he loved his son just as much and tried to show them both as much affection as possible.

Years passed and Neth and Glacio's love/hate relationship never changed, to this day she is still a fiery little monster, and he a cold hearted stallion. They parted ways a while ago but still think of one another.

Neth often travels finding things to do, and Glacio stayed with their father for a time after she let until the same old song and dance started again. Their father seducing another mare. Glacio had no intention of hanging around to meet his new little brother or sister so off he went, still learning to be himself.

Additional Comments: Thank you for such a fun contest Zaikt! The prizes are amazing and it was fun to write for it!  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:09 pm
EDITED: December 12, 2014 at 3:50pm CST - general revamp of the story, please re-read. Thank you!

EDITED AGAIN - I don't know if it matters but clarified the "beguiling spell" to a "love spell" and pointing out that it can't be true because ICly Soquili can't BE sorcerers - its a lie the father is telling, but the daughter doesn't KNOW that

We know what happened.

Usernames: BelaLucina & Kamiki
Preferences: Bela will take the stallion, and Kamiki the mare if we're lucky enough!

Cinderbeast's Name: Shanti (Hebrew for Scarlet, Crimson)
Brief Personality: She had never known her mother, and only from the stories told to her from her father did she learn of where she came from. When she was young, her father simply told her her mother couldn’t take care of her, and that’s why he took her. Then, as she got older and began to wonder more why her mother wouldn’t want her, Father confessed that her mother was a strong Sorceress, who used her magic to force him to fall in love with her. That’s why, evil as she was, Father risked his skin to save her from her clutches.

A fiery hatred grew in her belly for her mother; she had a passion inside her that fanned more and more as she got older; swearing to herself that one day she would seek revenge on the Sorceress who scorned her Father so.

Shanti is hot-tempered and determined; though she looks scary, she is hardly evil, though she can be pugnacious and hard to get along with as she has such a capricious and hot temper.

Justicar's Name: Uriel (Hebrew for "God is the Light")
Brief Personality: The younger of the two, Uriel was brought by Father to Shanti when she was a few seasons old. You see, her mother had abandoned him, leaving him for dead. As Uriel grew older, the ice in his heart would grow ever colder, hating the mother that abandoned him. He began to distance himself from others, afraid to form relationships that in the end could only leave him hurt and abandoned.

Prompt Selected: Prompt 2

Prompt Response: Children don’t understand the complications of life when they are young. For Shanti, she didn’t understand the reasons why her father stole her away from her family; it wasn’t until she was a young mare that she learned of the evil sorceress her mother had been. How vile, to seduce her Father just to give her children. How brave Father must have been to risk life and limb to get her back. She didn’t know how much of a fiery darkness raged inside her soul until, perhaps, it was too late. By the time it came for Shanti to break out on her own, she was alit with hatred for the Sorceress.

Likewise, Uriel never seemed to fully get over the fact that he was so unwanted by his mother. Father told stories of how he had found him, abandoned in the ice. Unwanted, near death. It was a minor miracle he was even still alive within his basket.

The siblings made a pact to each other: when they were old enough they would confront their evil mothers; find out the truth as to where they came from. Look them directly in the eyes and demand to know why - why did they bring them into the world at all. Just to be used as pawns? Or abandoned like a sack of garbage.

Across the lands, Uriel found his mother first; and it was completely different than he had been expecting. His mother, as cold as she looked on the outside, broke down into immediate sobs when she saw her son. Her precious child, stolen from her when he was still just a basket. “I knew one day, I would find you,” she said to Uriel, the warmest, kindest voice he had ever heard.

The truth was the hardest thing Uriel ever had to hear; he had not been abandoned; quite the opposite he was the most precious gem to his mother. But Father was jealous of the affections - he hated how the mare who once loved him so now seemed more enamored by their child-to-be then he was about him. So he left - and made sure to take the basket with him; stolen from the loving mother who wanted him so badly.

Shanti's mother was more elusive than Uriel's, and when Uriel and Shanti met again several weeks later, Uriel told her his tale of Father, and how Father had lied to them.

"You know what this means," he told her, his heart breaking as he watched her face. "Your mother is probably not the monster Father tells her to be. You should keep your mind, and your heart, open for when you find her."

But this was not the answer Shanti wanted to hear; she had spent her entire life hating her mother. Seeking revenge. It was practically the only thing she lived for - and now Uriel was trying to take it from her!

"No, you're wrong!" she seethed, the flames flicking around her. The always grew larger when she was agitated. "It's your mother that is the liar - crushed by guilt for giving you up. Father would not betray us like that."

And that's how the rivalry started; two once-close siblings who bonded over one certain truth; their Father had saved them. Shanti could not let go of her rage, and still roams the land looking for her mother so she can seek revenge.

Additional Comments: Thanks for the opportunity!  

Kamiki

Fandom Fox

20,600 Points
  • Elysium's Hero 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Thalea

Devoted Mage

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:51 pm
We know what happened.

Usernames: Niyaru Delacroix and Thalea
Preferences: Niyaru Delacroix wants the Cinderbeast while Thalea wants the Justicar

Cinderbeast's Name: Surtr
Brief Personality: Surtr prefers to be alone rather than being surrounded by many. Her appearance might bring about a suggestion of her personality but you would be completely wrong. This 'charming' mare loves to cause chaos and destruction wherever she goes. It isn't the bane of her existence but it comes pretty close. Her bad nature and horrible temper stems from what happened with her brother when they were younger. The frozen fool believes it to be just a burden upon him but it is far from the truth. What happened that day left its mark on her and is so attached, it is as if it’s a second shadow. She considers herself to he have no family because she wants nothing to do with them anymore. Everyone is better off without her around in her opinion. Thus she spends her days lurking in the shadows, sleeping in dark places and only coming out at night to roam the land.

Justicar's Name: Élivágar
Brief Personality: During a first encounter it would seem that Élivágar has a frozen heart, for he is cold and calculating, quick to mistrust a friendly smile, but this is only around strangers. When he is with those who he considers his friends, his frosty exterior melts and an entirely different stallion appears. In the deep recesses of his heart, he never lost the playful energy of being a foal and never lost the ability to see the wonder of the world. Élivágar would do anything for his friends and loves giving them ice crafted gifts that he spent countless hours designing.

His miss trust of a friendly smile and strangers came from encounters with his sister in the past. An event during his foalhood changed him forever and his relationship with his sister was never the same again. Dislike so strong that it was almost hatred flowed through his veins whenever he thought about his half-sister. A lot of the anger he feels derives from guilt, but he does not want to think about it or reconcile.

Prompt Selected: Describe for me the basis of their rivalry. Were they enemies from foalhood? Did something happen later on in life to tear them apart? Tell me their story.

Prompt Response: Opposites attract and the two half siblings could not be more opposite, but they were constantly together, going on adventures and getting into mischief. They brought out the best in each other, together they made living with their father bearable. Their father, a great warrior known as Aesir, was not the kindest parent. He would push his children hard, wanting them to be his right hoof stallion and mare when they came of age to pass his legacy on to his children . But his warlike personality would result in an outcome he did not predict. It created enemies--enemies who did not care about keeping foals out of the equation.

One day when Surtr and Élivágar were playing in the woods they were attacked. Hooded soquili came out of the woods, separating them and taking them far enough away from each other that they could not call out to each other. Élivágar was scared. Who were these creatures who took him away from his sister? He tried to call out to her, but something was stuffed into his mouth. Panic filled his entire body. Where was Surtr? She was the one who had the warrior skills, she should be able to free herself and save him.

Surtr was wondering the same thing about her elder brother. Where was he? He should have rescued her by now, defeated the enemy like father showed them. Hurt began to fill the filly. Did he not care for her at all?

The captors seeing how despondent their little captives were, decided to torture them even more. Telling them lies about the other sibling, how they were in on it the entire time. That the plan was derived so that the other sibling could rise higher in their father’s favor. At first the foals could not believe the words that were spewing out of the mouths of the hooded figures, but after a while it started to make sense, for if it was not true, where was the rescue by the sibling who promised to always be there for them?

When the emotional damage was done, the hooded figures allowed their young captives to be reunited. Anger and resentment filled that air as they spewed the lies that they had been told. They could not forgive each other for what they believe was the terrible actions of the other. So it has been since that day that Surtr and Élivágar have been enemies, hating each other and never forgiving the past.

Additional Comments: We have ideas that they may reconcile in the future when their kids try to start learning about what happened that day and then when they meet their cousins they devise a plan to get Surtr and Élivágar on talking terms.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 3:35 pm
We know what happened.

Usernames: ~Twilight...Angel~ & Kaliskanny
Preferences: Cinderbeast Mare - Kali; Justicar Stallion - ~Twilight...Angel~

Cinderbeast's Name: Firemane
Brief Personality: Even as a foal, Firemane was a hot head. Always out to prove herself and never thinking she was wrong, she tended to hit first and ask questions later. Quick to anger, Firemane found herself ever at odds with her brother's cool demeanor. The mare sees herself as a winner, the top dog. She hates to lose and can become vengeful if she is shown up. This is magnified tenfold if her brother is involved.

Justicar's Name: Frostscale
Brief Personality: Being independent is something that comes naturally to Frostscale. Even as a foal he did things on his own and in his own way, never taking advice from others. Having a tendency to be cold towards others, he tends to clash with hot heads like his sister. He will always see himself as number one, a first born son to his father and all the pride that goes with it. Being competitive is in his nature, especially when it comes to showing up his sister.

Prompt Selected:
Prompt 1 & 3

combination of the two!

Prompt Response:

Firemane was in the lead, darting between the trees. Her claws gave her a slight advantage, gripping the ground and bark as she races to the spot her father had told her about. She could feel her brother behind her, where he belonged in her mind. The young filly knew she was her father's favorite and she would gain his praise when she won this race.

Frostscale stared at his sister ahead of him. She always thought she was better, but he was older and clearly favored by their father. After all, why wouldn't a father love his oldest SON. She was just a filly, certainly no competition for a young stallion like himself. Thinking on this, he pushed himself harder, coming up beside her. Knowing he could pass her and be on his way if only she would slip a little...

The smaller foal noticed her brother siding up close on her left side. He would NOT pass her, he would not take her glory. She tucked her head and swung her shoulder left, slamming against Frostscale. She gritted teeth against the pain of her flesh meeting his scales. "You're not going to beat me, brother. I'm better than you!"

Frostscale chuckled loudly at his sister. "I think you are very much mistaken..." He, in turn, slammed himself against his sister's side, trying to slip her up on a slick patch of leaves. The scales he had received from his mother were certainly helping to cushion the blows to his side. Just as the claws from his sister's mother helped her grip the ground.

Firemane yelped a bit, angry with herself for showing a weakness. She dug her claws into the moist dirt and lunged for her brother again, landing a blow hard enough to send them both sprawling to the ground. Tumbling over each other, the foals suddenly felt the absence of the earth below them. A sinkhole. A sudden and abrupt end to their race.

Frostscale pulled himself out from beneath his sister and shook himself out. Looking around at their predicament. "Oh great..." He glared at his sister, "Now look at what you've done!" Snorting he came up against the wall and started to try and climb it a bit with his hooves. Giving up after a couple tries he whirled around to again glare at his sister. "Now what do we do! Father is expecting us any minute now!"

"This your fault! You should have just kept your place behind me," the filly snapped back. She looked at the wall and then her claws. Her brother was a fool for trying to climb, she was the one with the claws. Her attempt, however was just as embarrassing as his. The dirt was too loose to keep her grip.

Frostscale snorted and grinned at his sister's own failed attempt. "Well, at least you are stuck down here with me then! Your claws can't get you out of this mess!" He smirked, "And besides, the oldest is always first. Which is why I'll be the first to get out of here." Puffing up his chest he continued, "And certainly father will, as usual, be impressed by what I can do."

Firemane glared at her brother, sneering slightly at his words. He was wrong! She would be the first to get out and prove herself the best of the two. She looked up at the ledge of the hole then smiled, motioning to her idiot brother. #FB7318]"I have an idea to get out. Come stand here and let me use my claws to climb you, then I can reach the ledge and climb out."

Frostscale smiled at his sister. "Oh? Then you'll be out and able to prance over to father?" He snarled at her a bit, "Then you'll simply leave me in here. Probably tell father that you have no idea where I could have gone off to." He kicked dirt up in her direction. "Fat chance of that happening."

"And you have a better idea?" She snarled her reply. She flexed her claws in his direction. "Perhaps you're afraid of my claws digging into you. You know that's why Father favors me more. My claws are more useful than your dull hooves. If you can think of a better idea than claws, then say it."

Frostscale snorted loudly. "I hate to tell you, but with my scales, I'm sure that I would not even feel your claws on my back." He faced his sister, nose to nose, "And I won't do it because if I'm going to be stuck in here, you are going to be stuck in here with me." Turning around he dug his hooves into the side of the sinkhole, trying again to get a grip with his hooves.

As the siblings continued to bicker and argue, a dark shadow was cast over the sinkhole. Looking up, they saw him. Standing at the edge of the hole with a look of disdain on his face, their father. "You two are such a disappointment to me. Stuck here all this time, arguing about how to get out. Trying to put yourself above the other." The siblings both cowered down a bit at his words. The sting of the disappointment hitting them hard. "I should leave you both down there, but thankfully for you, that wouldn't be good for anyone." As he looked down his nose at them, he helped each out of the hole, the dissatisfaction growing as he looked at them. "Now you will both follow me."

Firemane followed behind her father, glaring daggers every so often at Frostscale. He would rue the day he incurred their father's disdain on her. She would gain her father's favor again, she would always win.

Frostscale snorted and snarled at his sister, glaring at her just as much as she did him. She would pay for causing their father to look at him with those eyes. That tone in his voice... She would pay...

Additional Comments: More than likely, they won't get along. Though they may tolerate each other because of their respect for their father. They will always try to beat each other out to see who is the best.  

~Twilight...Angel~

Celebrating Giver

26,275 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Hero 100
  • Supreme Supporter 500

Zaikt
Crew

Otherworldly Plague

20,675 Points
  • That One Hero 500
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 5:34 pm
Kamiki

Entry DQ'd due to reasons which will be discussed further in a PM.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 6:26 pm
We know what happened.

Usernames: musicaloner7 + Nikkichomp
Preferences:
musicaloner7 = Cinderbeast
Nikkichomp = justicar

Cinderbeast's Name: Shahara Hou Shin
Brief Personality: Choosing to go by "Shin" instead of Shahara, Shin does not identify as the generic gender binary connected to the female sex, and will prefer to be referred to as they, or he. Shin is very cryptic, analytical, and intrepid. Sort of like a traveling "master" observing, experiencing, and garnering various information about the world. This leaves them being quite open minded, and able to view various angles of life and situations. While not cruel, or evil my any means, he doesn't hold a lot of sympathy or apathy for others, but relies more so on logic and basic deduction on reactions or actions. He does not see good nor bad, kind or mean, and does not find anyone to be singularly 'one way'.

Justicar's Name: Qing Shen
Brief Personality: He says precisely what he means; nothing more, and nothing less. While his sister is always finding new adventures, his is the voice of caution. He was 'gifted' with the innate ability to see the world from the perspective of those he interacts with - right down to experiencing their emotional state. As a result, it can (and does) frequently cause him extreme discomfort to be around other sentient creatures. Attempting to force him into social situations results in withdrawn and antisocial behavior. He finds his sister's logical and dispassionate demeanor to be soothing, however, and really comes out of his shell when with them. When he is comfortable as he is around his sister or is out on his own, his passionate curiosity about the world around him becomes visible. He can often be found studying something of interest to him.

Prompt Selected:
Prompt 1

Prompt Response:

It seemed an odd, fateful case, that the two were even able to know of one anothers existence. Bred from a single father, and differing mothers, it seemed destiny decided to allow the foals to have a chance to grow up together, when the firey crimson infused sibling's mother happened upon the lands that another mother with foal from the exact same stallion. The two new mothers were in the same situation; having offspring only recently stepped out of their baskets, and rearing them on their own. Upon closer inspection, both seemed to notice... some striking similarities between their young.
Shin's mother, a proud, strong, and confident mare, hailing from a family filled with pride and honor. Unfortunately, she had made a miscalculation when it came to the male who'd shared his company with her. That silver tongue was something she hadn't been used to, and while it held beacons of red flags, the flattery did puff up her already elevated ego.
In the case of Shen's mother, the docile, and gentle mare was so easily seduced by the charming and charismatic ulun'suti . The words he spun were like silk to her ears, and fell for his captivating spell, only to be left with a child as a parting gift.
The two single mothers, awkward at first, slowly began to discuss their situations, and were shocked to come to the conclusion of sharing the same baby daddy! However... Shin's mother realized it would make the most sense for them to raise the children together. There was strength in numbers, and being on their own would mean it would be harder to protect their fragile young. A friendship blossomed between the two females, and they formed a bond similar to that of sisters.

Growing up together, the two foals were told of their fathers irresponsibility, and lack of respect towards their given mothers. Both didn't hold much regards for the stallion they didn't know, and thus he wasn't an important or key influence in their lives. Especially considering he never came around again. While both were raised under the protection of each others own mother and opposing, they took to different morals, views, and teachings. Absorbing and forming their views, and personalities, a curious partition was made on their road to adulthood. Their rivalry is not in your traditional sense of ill will towards one another, but rather a healthy means of challenging the other to take on a different perspective or view on varying situations. Shin being the more fearless sort had no issues in daring the unknown, or seeking out information they craved. Dear Shen, however, was more reserved in his interests, and attempting risks. It wasn't in his nature to put himself out there and tempt what he couldn't approach cautiously. It was in these small differences, that branched further outwards, that created the chance for both to grow and learn from one another. Not only that, but a sense of balance.

Throughout their foalhood they learned from one another, and complimented with numerous situations and issues that cropped up. While they may not have always seen eye to eye, there was a deep respect rooted for one another, in which no sort of hate could even begin to seed or corrupt. Just because they didn't always agree, didn't mean they had to despise one another. Of course there were the occasional arguments, and mild fights, but nothing that could polarize them. In the end, they chose the powerful bond of family, over the foolishness of despising.

Additional Comments: Thanks for the opportunity.

musicaloner7
Crew

Romantic Man-Lover

SilverShieldwolf

Alien Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 6:37 pm
We know what happened.

Usernames: SilverShieldwolf and HanaKirei
Preferences: SilverShieldwolf wants the Cinderbeast while HanaKirei wants the Justicar

Cinderbeast's Name: Lani'ahi Koa
Brief Personality: Hot-headed, she is easy to set off. Normally over silly things, like her half-brother telling her their father doesn't love her. Deep down though, she doesn't like it when she gets upset and says hateful things. Loyal to a fault that no matter what is said or done to her, she will still be there, weather wanted or not. Seeks to find a way to be guilt free when things happen from whatever she feels she has said or done. Wants to repair what has happened between her and Morozko.

Justicar's Name: Morozko
Brief Personality: Morozko is exceedingly vain and egotistical, although this is generally a front for his own deeply lain feelings of inadequacy and insecurity. He adores beautiful things in the world, and when he does find himself attached to someone or something, he becomes excessively possessive over it. He easily falls prey to blind jealousy, and when he does, he is immensely spiteful (whether or not the “guilty party” deserves it). He holds grudges for a long time, and against his half-sister most of all.

Prompt Selected:

Quote:

Prompt Response:
The first face that Morozko could remember was his father's. There had been others, but they were nothing more than blurred shadows that crept on the outskirts of his dreams, beckoning to him. His father was no dream, but his life, his morning, noon, and night. The colt's heart was big, and with no one else to share it with, his father received every ounce of adoration Morozko had to give.

Sometimes others would come and go, and when they came, their father's universe seemed to shift to encircle them. Every time, Morozko felt abandoned, hurt on levels he couldn't begin to comprehend. He began to act out against the usurpers, desperately wanting his father's attention again. But his dearest father reminded him again and again that Morozko was the only one special enough to stay with him. None of these others were special, beautiful, and talented enough to stay by his side, not like his one and only winter star. In this, Morozko found solace, and he would become happy again.

Until it all changed -- until she came and ruined everything.

Her first sight was bright and a sneer. Lani didn't understand why that was given to her. Her heart was huge, but was turning to darkness with each passing season. She wanted to be like Morozko, even with his heated words towards her. Their father loved her, loved them both really. Each time she was told that Father didn’t love her, Lani would look up to her brother more. They were the same in her eyes. Yet it seemed like Morozko knew how to really upset her. Words would spill out that she didn't really mean, "Father must have wanted someone better than you if he took me!" She loved him as family, but he kept hurting her with his vain ways.

Morozko hated her. He hated her dark fur, her fiery eyes, and the constant heat she radiated when she clung to his side. He hated the way their father doted on her. His little spitfire, his little blazing heart, all the other little pet names and gestures of unyielding affection that stuck to Morozko's sides like thorns. She didn't deserve it. She didn't deserve their father - he was supposed to be the special one here. The perfect, beautiful son, not the ugly little wretch with fire in her eyes.

He told her the truth all the time, or the only truth he could stomach; their father didn't really love her. He pitied her for being such a repulsive creature. Her own mother hadn't even wanted her, so she had become a burden to the both of them. He made her life hell any way he could, just like she'd ruined his. Most of the time she accepted her punishment, and he reasoned it was because she knew she was guilty.

Until she said things like that. Then her fire bled right into him and all he could see was red as he charged at her, attacking her any way he could until their father came to put a stop to it. He always favored her after they fought... but that was out of pity, nothing more. Morozko knew the truth.

Then, one day, just like the stars themselves every day, their father vanished with the sunrise. Only he never came back.

The fight, it was her fault. She felt it deep in her bones. She shouldn't have kept saying those hateful words to him. Didn't Morozko realize that she wanted to be close? A family friend that she could confine in about being a the only female that seemed to stay with them? It hurt that she was told one thing by him about their father, but their father showed something else. Despite it all, Lani'ahi still followed, like a burning shadow, to learn the ways. She liked the pretty things too, only she wouldn't say it to him, knowing he would find a way to turn it against her.

Their father left...leaving them to argue. Tears in her eyes, she screamed at Morozko. "HE LEFT BECAUSE OF YOU! You weren't good enough!" Not waiting for another second, Lani'ahi fled to the far side of the desert. This time she didn't need him anymore. She could and would survive on her own. Let the cold hearted half-brother dwell on that.

Additional Comments: Having Lani'ahi look for Morozko in the future. She wants to at least mend a part of their fight and not be so distant. We don't know how it will go.  
Archived

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff