Hiddochi wolf
Crew

Sexy Nerd

14,825 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 8:24 pm
All they ever seem to talk about is their medical problems, which is both sad and ridiculous. Like really? You don't think about or do anything else in your life other than talking to doctors and popping pills? That's a rather depressing life... Don't let your conditions define you!

Guys. If I ever become like that when I'm old, you have my permission to b***h smack me to Mars. I want to go there anyway, so it's a win-win scenario on my part. xd  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 11:13 am
I know the feeling at the moment.

Like, legitimately, taking a s**t for the first time after surgery felt like a huge accomplishment! By now I've gone three times. Hopefully I'll go today too. For the most part I've had to juggle between taking my narcotic pain meds and Extra Strength Tylenol, cuz the former causes constipation, but the latter results in too much acetaminophen for the liver to process. A couples times I've had to take Benadryl to control the severe itching sensation (that I can't stratch through my bandages but also wouldn't want to!).

But yeah, I've always felt that was odd about older folks too. I think they're just excited they can live life more comfortably with the help of modern medicines.  

Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100

Hiddochi wolf
Crew

Sexy Nerd

14,825 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 7:10 pm
Zphal
I know the feeling at the moment.

Like, legitimately, taking a s**t for the first time after surgery felt like a huge accomplishment! By now I've gone three times. Hopefully I'll go today too. For the most part I've had to juggle between taking my narcotic pain meds and Extra Strength Tylenol, cuz the former causes constipation, but the latter results in too much acetaminophen for the liver to process. A couples times I've had to take Benadryl to control the severe itching sensation (that I can't stratch through my bandages but also wouldn't want to!).

But yeah, I've always felt that was odd about older folks too. I think they're just excited they can live life more comfortably with the help of modern medicines.
Yay, bowel movement! xd

Ugh, that all sounds like no fun to go through. But at least it's for something you actually want! smile

It's just weird that they focus on that and only that. I mean yeah, when I'm having health problems, I tend to focus on the problem mostly instead of other things, but still. If it's a pretty common thing over a span of years, I'd think they would get bored of it and find something more interesting to discuss. xP  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 7:15 pm
Third pregnancy in about four years I feel like my life is a constant doctors trip. And I didn't even GET to the doctor until 25 weeks of this one.

With Olivia when they told me they were going to be taking blood I almost passed out. And it hurt! This time? Granted I still can't LOOK at myself getting blood drawn but I was all "Here's my arm. Take it."  

Mama Ame
Vice Captain

Shy Conversationalist

Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 2:02 pm
Mama Ame
Third pregnancy in about four years I feel like my life is a constant doctors trip. And I didn't even GET to the doctor until 25 weeks of this one.

With Olivia when they told me they were going to be taking blood I almost passed out. And it hurt! This time? Granted I still can't LOOK at myself getting blood drawn but I was all "Here's my arm. Take it."

Haha, I don't like looking for when they stick the needle in. After though, I usually look over to see how much is left to go in (in the case of a shot) or how much is left to fill up (in the case of a blood draw).  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 2:03 pm
Hiddochi wolf
Ugh, that all sounds like no fun to go through. But at least it's for something you actually want! smile

So true, omg. Also nice that I could plan for this and be in excellent health going in such that the recovery process could be that much easier.  

Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100

Mama Ame
Vice Captain

Shy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 2:43 pm
Zphal
Mama Ame

Haha, I don't like looking for when they stick the needle in. After though, I usually look over to see how much is left to go in (in the case of a shot) or how much is left to fill up (in the case of a blood draw).

I don't mind seeing the needle being stuck in. Between getting blood draw, having to do insulin shots 3x a day, and going through labor twice I'm pretty good with seeing a needle stuck into me.

It's actually seeing the blood coming out that gets to me. And I'm fine with seeing OTHER people get blood drawn. It's just me.  
"COS" ^Can O Spam^

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games