Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Services

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili services, soquili, horse, fantasy breedables, native america 

Reply Archived
Sibling Rivalry: A partner RP contest (Winners Posted)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nayci

Dangerous Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:20 pm
Sibling Rivalry

User Image

1.) Literature Mer by Mindsend
2.) Artistic Mer by Mindsend

As you walk through the fairgrounds you come upon a peculiar sight. There are two twin mers, one with ink splotches and another with paint splotches on their bodies. The catch, they’re bickering, bickering so loudly it’s beginning to catch the attention of other patrons. Standing nearby you see an elder looking stallion, who you can only assume is their boss, shaking his head and looking particularly irate. As such you decide to go over to him and ask what is wrong.

”These two are some of my most talented workers. But for some reason they can’t come to a decision on next year’s theme.”

You feel for the boss as the bickering gets more prominent, so you ask if there’s anything you can do.

”Anything!” he cries out, ”Anything to make them stop! They’re giving me a huge headache.”

You nod your head in understanding, quickly getting in touch with a friend of yours who would know how to help. Two minds wer better than one, especially when dealing with twins. By the looks of the massive splashes the two mers were flinging at each other, you were going to need all the help you could get.

Opens: December 8, 2014 @ 12:00am EST
Closes: December 14, 2014 @ 12:00pm EST (even if I’m not here to close it)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:37 pm
Rules

1.) This is a partner RP contest, so you will need to find someone to partner with.

2.) You will be RPing as yourselves as well as the soquili you wish to have.

3.) Write up an RP between you and your partner of your attempt to quiet the two mers down. And whether your attempt works or not.

4.) Editing your posts is okay, just be sure to indicate at the top of your form in BOLD RED that you have made changes.

5.) Any questions can be directed to, Nayci, via PM. Do not post in this thread your questions please.

6.) After the time period has ended me and another judge will look things over, make a private list of our favorites, and roll a winner.

Nayci

Dangerous Shapeshifter

Nayci

Dangerous Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 12:42 pm
Entry Form

Usernames: Nayci & Nayci's Left Foot

Player 1: Nacyi
Soquili Pref: Literature

Player 2: Nayci's Left Foot
Soquili Pref: Artist

Does your attempt work?: LAWL.......no

RP Response:
Nayci looked at Left foot warily. What now? So, Left foot began to sing. "I know a song that gets on everybody's nerves, everybody's nerves, everybody's nerves. I know a song that gets on everybody's nerves, And this is how it goes."

""I know a song that gets on everybody's nerves, everybody's nerves, everybody's nerves. I know a song that gets on everybody's nerves, And this is how it goes."

"I know a song that gets on everybody's nerves, everybody's nerves, everybody's nerves. I know a song that gets on everybody's nerves, And this is how it goes."

The two mers covered their ears in pain, diving below the water and splashing the two idiots hard with their tails. Their argument continuing under water. But hey, at least there were no more idiots.

[b]Usernames:[/b] (Name & Name)

[b]Player 1:[/b]
[b]Soquili Pref:[/b] (Literature or Artist)

[b]Player 2:[/b]
[b]Soquili Pref:[/b] (Literature or Artist)

[b]Does your attempt work?:[/b] (Yes or no)

[b]RP Response:[/b] (How does it all take place?)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:41 pm
Usernames: BelaLucina and belloblossom (Bell and Bela XD)

Player 1: BelaLucina

Player 2: belloblossom

Does your attempt work?: Yes, it actually does! 8D

RP Response:
After carefully approaching the two mers, for they were still flinging massive waves at each other, not to mention bits of ink and paint as well, Bell and Bela were able to hear what the twins were fighting about.

"Your idea is boring! There's no color, no beauty, no passion!"

"No passion?! I'll show you passion!"

The lit mer snorted angrily as she whipped her tail through the water, sending another massive wave at her sister. Her sister however merely swam under the wave and continued to attack her sister with insults.

"A story telling contest? Tales for turtles? Jellyfish poetry? LAAAAAMMMEEE." She waggled her tail and stuck out her tongue tauntingly.

"Well that's better than 'Sea Otter Theatre.'"

"No it's not, Sea Otter Theatre is totally clever. Sea Otter TheOTTER. Even YOU should be able to appreciate that."

Her sister snorted. "I bet it took you all day to come up with that…"

Sensing a break in the wave crashing, Bell and Bela decided this was their chance. They had briefly discussed while the two were fighting on how best to combine their two ideas, for that seemed the most logical solution. The two were twins after all, and twins were known for having some kind of "psychic connection." They just needed to tap into that.

"Excuse me, ladies!" Shouted Bell. "I think the solution is actually quite obvious."

Both mers turned their way, but it was the artistic mer who spoke up first. "Obvious?"

"Yes, because while you two are fighting, no one is getting any closer to coming up with a theme for next year, are they?" Asked Bela.

A guilty expression crossed both of their faces for a moment, but it was gone in an instant and they turned viciously on each other again!

"Well we would have if she-!"

"It's all HER fault, if she hadn't-!"

"Ahem!" Bell cleared her throat and Bela whistled for their attention. The two mers begrudgingly turned their attention back to them.

"Allow me to introduce, a fine combination of your two ideas I might add, 'The Picture Book Extraodinaire!' Underwater fairy tales for all you lovely sea critters!" Bell announced.

"We start with an opening performance of Thumbelina, rewritten by you," Bela pointed to the literature mer, "to give it a nice underwater twist, and costumes by none other than-"

"Yours truly!" interrupted the artistic, paint splattered mer.

"Exactly!" Bela beamed. "And now, take it away Bell!" Bela directed the mers attention to her friend, showing them an example of good teamwork.

"Thank you," answered Bell. "Next, we have a little game I like to call 'Guess my name, Rumpelstiltskin!' And, if you two can work together, I'm sure you can make the details just perfect."

The two mers suddenly looked at each other and said at exactly the same time, "Are you thinking what I'm thinking?" And, "Yes, how did you know?"

Without a second glance towards Bell and Bela, the two mers set straight to work, one writing, and one painting and designing. And with that, Bell and Bela knew that the next years festival was going to be perfect! Well, as long as they didn't start fighting again. wink

BelaLucina

Tiny Explorer

Cheyriddle4

Shameless Kitten

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 2:44 pm
Usernames: Cheyriddle4 & SwordOfTheDarkOnes

Player 1: Cheyriddle4

Player 2: SwordOfTheDarkOnes

Does your attempt work?: Yes

RP Response:
The scene was quickly getting out of hand as I look at Sword. "How the heck are we to get them to quiet down and stop arguing?" Moments pass as each of us stand there musing over the problem and trying to find a solution. Our gaze are turned back to the twins when one screeches rather loudly an insult at her sister. It was in that moment when an idea starts to form.

"I've got it!" I exclaimed happily. Looking over I could see the confusion on Sword's face.

"What do you mean you got it Chey?"

" A contest! We should do a contest to see which theme shall be the winner!"
Suddenly filled with energy I stride towards the owner. " Pardon me for interrupting you again, but I have an idea on how to get them to stop.. But it would require a day without them performing to host an event. Would-"
Having been cut off I stand there takin' aback at the suddeness of his agreement." Anything! Just get them to stop!"

Turning to Sword, I walk back to stand beside."Do you have any idea what sort of contests we can do that would showcase their talents?"

Sword considers this for a few moments before the spark of an idea crosses her face." I know! There could be a timed event where they are given ten minutes to make up something and then show it or perform it. Then they can have a hour to memorize or produce a duplicate of a famous piece of art. Or in the Literature mer's case memorize a famous well known story or poem. Then perhaps one more competition. As the event's fold out we can do surveys or votes! But only after both have shown their work!"

Standing there grinning like a fool, my mind takes in the plan.. It is worth a shot! It could be very fun too! "I like the idea! Let's get them to stop this racket and get to work!" Grabbing Sword's arm we strode towads the two mers. The yelling becoming louder.

"Ladies! Stop this! We have a solution to propose to you two on this very matter! I am Cheyriddle and this is my partner in crime SwordofTheDarkOnes.Perhaps you would humor us and listen to our idea?"

The two mer's glare at us both yet both seem curious about this idea. They settle down slightly and one nods." Fine we shall listen to your idea But it better be good!"

The other mer clears her throat and glares at her sister." Excuse her rudeness. I am Acrylic and this is my twin Quilla. Yes. Our parents seemed to be a bit... simple in their naming of us.. yet in the end it worked out."

"Stop talking about our parents like that you clumsy flipper!"

"Quilla! Stop being so rude and actually be civilized for a moment! You are letting your anger at me turn to these two who have made a very interesting solution to our argument! Stop arguing with me for the sake of arguing and actually think of the idea!"

Silence starts to form between us all for a few moments before Sword speaks up.
"As we proposed we are wanting to host a contest to determine the theme winner. It shall consist of three events to showcase each of your talents. One shall be timed with the subject of your art to be of your choosing. The second event shall be of showing off the work of the artist or writer you most desire. Requiring memorization and in the artist case duplicating a work of the admired artist."

Acrylic nods her head and then looks at Sword curious."And what of the third contest?"

Sword shrugs slightly." To make a piece of a different style. The audience shall be the judges. Now you have ten minutes to make your first pieces! The time starts now!"

The two mers shoot off swimming to their different workplaces. I chance a look at my friend.

" Do you think this will work?"

" I dearly hope so Chey. Let's pray that this works." Linking arms we walk off in search of two little stages to host the event. Every so often green eyes stray to look at the clock. At exactly ten minutes the twins swim over both holding paper and canvas.

Hands clasped together it is soon time to announce the contest to the audiences. Having lost the coin toss. It has come to be that I would be announcing the contests and the contestants. Nerves going through my belly like fluttering butterflies I step onto the platform.

"Ladies and Gentleman. Boys and girls of all ages! We have a One day only special event. An event that we would need your participation for! We invite you to help us judge our contest! This contest shall have three parts! May we bring your attention to Quilla, Master of words! Quiet down and listen for you are about to experience words come alive!"

Quickly leaving the stage, my feet take me to stand beside Sword as eyes turn to Quilla. Acrylic swims in place as she waits her turn. Listening to the poem that Quilla recites. My gaze turns to the audience. Most seem enraptured in the performance. Good. This is going on splendidily. One could even say.. Swimmingly.

Alas the time comes when the poem ends and the audience snaps back to reality. It is time for me to once more make an fool out of myself. Stepping up to the stage moving aside for Quilla. I turn to the audience." Now ladies and gentlemen. We have a piece of artwork for you. Mistress of art. Master of strokes and paint. Please welcome Acrylic. Mistress of art! For this you have permission to step up to the artwork and look it over and see if it moves you." Stepping to the side Acrylic swims past and takes a bow before setting up the sketch like artwork. Full of color and intricate detail. A marvel in it's own right.

The reactions are a mix of positivity and negativity as everyone has their own tastes. The twins are restless with nerves and soon the votes are cast. It is time to give the two time to work on their next works. Sword turns to the sisters clearing her throat.

"Ladies you two have an hour to prepare your next peice. Choose wisely and we shall see your works. And off you go!"

The twins race to their workspaces and we are left alone once more."That turned out pretty well don't you think Sword?"

"Yes, I think so Chey.. But we will see how the rest goes."

As time goes by the rest of the events play out smoothly. Both taking turns showcasing their works. Telling story's and showing their art. The time comes ever closer to when the votes come in. Shall this theme be Kalidoscope? Or perhaps Circus of the night? We await the tally anxiously. Yet what if it is a tie? Looking between the two mares. It is easy to see that they would just go back to arguing as they really are competive. Casting barbs at each other and trying to one up the other. Perhaps there should be a back up theme?

Thinking on this the votes are in and Sword pulls me aside.

" Chey... we have a dilema... they are tied."

Squawking with shock I look at the paper." I thought... it could happen... We should suggest a different theme... But what?"

Whatever could we do that would bring both ideas together... black and white.. color.. We seem to come up with naught. The pit of my stomach is filled with dread.. We didn't seem to solve anything! All this for naught! Footsteps heavy as I stode onto the stage. I glance to the twins. It is like I am swimming in front of sharks as they gaze hungrily at me for this news.

"Ladies and gentlemen. It has come to the time of the votes results. The winner is..." I look at the paper and look up again." It is a tie." Hearing the twins let out cries of disbelief they turn to each other again. Fire of a fight in their eyes. Turning to them I rush over." Ladies! Ladies! Please listen!."

Accusing eyes glare back at me." No! This didn't work! How dare you!"

Sword growls and takes the quill and brushes from the two. They cry out again with outrage but quiet down with a glare from Sword.

"Thank you Sword.. Now I have a theme that would bring both of your ideas into the picture... As time goes by. "

Sword looks confused." What is the theme Chey?"

"As Time goes by! That's the theme... You don't get it... " Sighing, fingers go through my hair.Quilla lets out a sound as she catches on.

"You mean like how with time things change! Like how... portraits changed with time going from black and white to color as dye's were found! Oh goodness! That is brilliant! So brilliant! Clever too!"

Catching on Sword and Acrylic grin. "That is great Chey!"

Acrylic giggles and goes to her sister." Oooooh! I know exactly what to do! We could make do outlines of the circus and I could go from black and white and gradually add color to the tents and buildings adding new tents that showed up when we adding more acts! This shall be so fun! Let's go! Please!" Swimming off Quilla quickly follows. Both mer mares chattering on excitedly with the new theme.

Sword looks on then glances over."Where did you come up with that theme?"

Looking over I shake my head." Got no idea. It just spilled out!"

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 10:01 pm
Usernames: ~Twilight...Angel~ & Kaliskanny

Player 1: ~Twilight...Angel~

Player 2: Kaliskanny

Does your attempt work?: it apparently does! : D

RP Response:

RP Colors

~Twilight...Angel~ - Pink
Kaliskanny - Purple
Apollina - Light Blue
Hermione - Goldenrod

Twilight was walking about the fair grounds, not really going to any particular stand. As she came around a corner, she heard something. It was faint at first, but when she got closer it was the unmistakeable sound of arguing. She decided to go in for a closer look.

Kaliska had been headed toward the game stalls when she heard the argument. Curious as to what was going on, she quickly made her way to where the commotion was coming from. In her hurry, she nearly plowed over her friend. "Oh! Sorry, Twilight. Do you know what that ruckus is?"

Twilight turned and faced her friend giggling a bit at almost being plowed over. "It's alright," she smiled. "As for the yelling... I'm not sure. I started hearing it as I was walking by." She turned in the direction it was coming from. "You wanna go check it out with me?"

"I do. It sounds more exciting than the game stalls," Kali replied, following her friend. She chuckled when she saw what was going on. Two twin mers were deep in debate about a theme for next year's festival. A quick explanation from the stallion in charge she'd some light on the situation. "Twilight, do you think we should help out?"

Twilight looked on the scene for a moment, thinking on Kali's question. "Yeah... I think we should at least give it a shot." She went a bit closer to the twins, "And besides, we have some experience with twins. I don't see why we can't at least take a crack at helping them out!" Taking steps forward, she plastered a big smile on her face for the twins.

"You are right about knowing how to handle twins," Kali agreed, stepping up next to her friend and smiling. She waved a hand toward the bickering duo. "Excuse me, please. We couldn't help over hearing your dispute. Is there anyway that my friend and I might lend a hand or some advice?"

Twilight smiled at the mers, "We would certainly love to help if we can."

Apollina looked at her sister, then at the two strangers talking to them. "I don't think we really need the opinion of outsiders. After all, we've been arranging the themes for these events for many years." She looked back at her sister, "Wouldn't you agree my sister? Unless, of course, you would rather fight me on this too..."

"Oh, please," Hermione huffed at her sister, glancing at the pair offering help. "I've been in charge of the theme year after year, you've just painted pictures to illustrate my genius. Having someone convince you of this wouldn't be a bad thing. "

Apollina snorted at her sister, completely appalled by what she heard, "I hate to tell you, but you are not the brilliant thing you think you are! After all, I'm the one who plants the ideas in your head. You just take credit for them!"

Twilight looked over at Kali, "I think we'll have our work cut out for us, huh?"

"Agreed," Kali nodded, clearing her throat to get the sisters' attention. "It sounds like you give each other ideas, yeah?"

Hermione scrunched her nose, shaking her head. She looked between her sister and the pair. "What makes you think you can do better than me?"

Appollina looked at the two, a look of serious doubt on her face. "I'm wondering what makes them think they can come up with anything that either of us would even agree to. Never mind that you can never amount to my intellect."

"I think that you bot could work very well together if you guys weren't fighting so much..." Twilight cleared her throat a bit. She was sure that the mers would probably snap at them both again...

Hermione was about to snap a reply, then paused. Now she was curious what these two had to offer. "My sister and I both know I'm the creative one...but how do you even think you could come up with something better than Apollina and me?"

"Uh, well we can just toss out ideas and maybe you two can work together and build on them," Kali suggested, holding her hands up in a submissive gesture. "I mean, you two are the masters of your craft...all we can do is offer some ideas."

Twilight nodded her agreement. "We could certainly never be as good as masters. You ladies have probably thought up things we could never think of!" She smiled at the mers and sat down in front of them. "If you will listen to us at least you'll have some more ideas!"

Apollina arched an eyebrow, rather surprised that her sister was interested. "I guess if Hermione thinks that you might have some useful insight, then I could stand to listen to any ideas you might have as well." She snorted a bit, "After all, we do need some help deciding anyway. And the opinion of someone who would be attending might be good."

Kali sighed in relief. It seemed like the twins might be willing to set aside their differences and work together. "Well, I might suggest something with the celestial bodies...stars and the like."

The ink splotched twin tilted her head, listening to the suggestion. "That is a very good possibility. Apollina, you could paint the night sky with the constellations, I could write some fascinating games about counting shooting stars. Think of it, sister."

Apollina looked at her sister carefully, "It does sound like a rather brilliant idea..." She nodded her head. "I could paint the beauty of the celestial without much of a problem... and I'm sure that any story you write will be brilliant and full of just as much color as my painting." She smiled at her sister.

Twilight nodded at the twins happily, "I'm sure that, considering your names too, you would be amazing with anything to do with the celestial! It would be awesome!" She giggled happily.

Kaliska smiled at her friend, giving her a slow wink. She looked at the twins, "It certainly sounds like a great idea. I know I can't wait to see it next year."

Hermione grinned and glanced at her sister. "It is a brilliant idea. I'm so glad we thought of it. I think we should start preparing immediately. "

Twilight giggled as their plan had worked. "I can't wait to see it myself!"

Apollina nodded at her sister, grinning from ear to ear. "Our brilliance never stops amazing me dear sister. I agree! We shall start work for next year immediately!" She splashed about the water lightly.

~Twilight...Angel~

Celebrating Giver

26,275 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Hero 100
  • Supreme Supporter 500

Cheyriddle4

Shameless Kitten

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:32 pm
I'm sorry but I just won a soq in the need for speed game. So I need to pull out of this contest.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:40 am
I have also won a Soquili in this event and am no longer eligible. I'm sorry, Bell. ;w;

I hope her and Sword will still have a chance at this. ♡  

BelaLucina

Tiny Explorer

Nayci

Dangerous Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:37 am
Due to the circumstances, the winners of the contest are Twilight and Kalis. Congrats! smile

Mind is the colorist so post their uncerts for certing in her thread.

~Twilight...Angel~

Kaliskanny

Archived

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces