Welcome to Gaia! ::

Roleplaying Gems [A Literate Roleplaying Community]

Back to Guilds

We provide a roleplaying environment suitable for learning, teaching, mentoring, and benefiting from that experience. 

Tags: roleplaying, gems, literate, roleplay, fantasy 

Reply Roleplaying Gems [Roleplaying + Community Area]
▶Adorkable Little Lurker's 1x1 RP search◀

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

-Fizztastic Rain-

Golden Explorer

12,350 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:54 am
User Image

A little introduction◀:

My name is Adorkable Little Lurker, but you can call me Little or Lurker for short. I am currently 20 years of age, female and straight.. In this thread I will be posting and updating a list of RPs that I wish to do. Although this is a 1x1 thread I am always looking and open to group roleplay invites and will have a list of group roleplays too for you to explore. Personally I like to keep my RPs semi-lit to lit (maybe adv lit at times), and I have a soft spot for sweet fluffy romance plots and love it when two great characters really gel well together, whether they start off as friends or rivals. I do like some cliche plots so if that's not your thing, disregard em, I'm more than happy to listen to ideas you may have. As a roleplayer I consider myself semi lit on a lazy day, lit on normal days, and advanced lit when I feel like it or am particularly engrossed in the story of an RP. Please, read my preferences and rules and take them into mind, thank you, if you do that, me and you should get along just fine~

Preferences/Rules◀:
▶semi-lit to lit, and, if you want a sample of my writing just ask and I'll give you a link
▶I don't do yaoi or yuri and I like to be the female character in a pairing although I am happy to create a male side-character here and there, and I expect that if I do so you do the same
▶Love at first sight doesn't work for me unless it's a big part of the plot
▶Be mindful of my limits (see below), and I will let you know what I'm not comfortable with if you ask
▶Don't get offended if I turn you down; I have every right to, and plus I don't like to take on too much at once unless I feel I have the time for it
▶Keeping it PG 13 In short, no cybering, no smut or schmuck, nothing even remotely sexual, not even timeskipping, just fluff and a good story. Also, although I am open to violence I also do not like over the top gore.
▶Age/Gender; I generally prefer my RP buddies to be around my age. (18-24, I myself am 20). I also like my RP buddies to be male as I simply feel more comfortable that way although I am open to RPing with females as well. Be warned, I will ask your age, so please don't take it personally.
▶Communication: the roleplay itself will be done via threads, and plotting can be taken to my search thread or PMs. I figured this bit is pretty obvious; be respectful, be honest, be nice and expect the same from me in return. I like to get along with my RP buddies, but treat other's how you'd like to be treated thank you
▶Basic post layouts*; a reasonably sized picture and name, maybe character age. Also, I prefer to use anime pics
▶*By no means do I demand 'pretty posts' with over the top layouts, just some text, with an image to refer back to. In short I am a big fan of quality over quantity; fancy post layouts or not it does not equal being literate
▶Although I have a softspot for romantic RPs, I am happy to take on another genre and not all of the RPs below have to be romancey as I also have a thing for action tragedy and comedy
▶Profiles/Characters; I tend to make mine as I go for 1x1s but I am more than happy to fill out a profile. It's all the same for me; the base character will be built on and developed through time
▶Posting on a 1-2 week basis, and if you think you're going to be away, let me know

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:55 am
User Image

1x1s◀:

(Bold means the roles I play, underlined means the role I would prefer to play and a ♡ means I am wanting to do a particular RP more than others, a spoiler will mean I have drafted up a profile for a character for that RP, although I don't do that often):

FemRivalxMaleRival
Two rivals in the workplace suddenly discover they have a lot more common than they first thought upon being paired up together for a work project/two singers who wish to top the charts are paired together for a duet- will rivalry stop them both from making their best song yet

MermaidxHuman/MermanxFemHuman
A mysterious creature of the sea and a human cross paths and fall in love. Think 'Splash!' for this one./A diver/scientist discovers a wounded mermaid, and in return for looking after the mermaid he asks that she help him study the sea.

FemHumanxMaleAngel/MaleHumanxFemAngel
Every human has a gaurdian angel, but it is very rare that an angel visits earth for they must not be seen. But ___ has seen their angel, and so that their angel can continue to protect them, they are allowed to stay on earth, by their god, so that the mistake would go unnoticed by the humans, of course, save for ___.

▶MaleEntrepreneurxFemApprenticeStudent
A wealthy entrepeneur takes a new apprentice under his wing but finds he's a little attached once her training is over.
Appearance: this
Name: Evelyn Travers
Traits: Spoilt, Lazy, Pampered, Good-natured at heart, Quick Learner, Quick tempered,
Personality: A typical rich kid, who often gets what she wants, although she isn't always a brat. Her mother ran a fashion firm, and her father owned several art galleries, both of them had excelled in areas involving the arts, and so does Evelyn, who naturally takes after them, despite being a bit of a slacker throughout school and the few jobs she managed to lose. Rarely wants for anything so when she does, she does, and is very sympathetic to those around her and often spoils them.
Bio: Evelyn was the child of a famous fashion firm manager, and an art gallery owner, both of whom were from upper-class families and like herself, rarely wanted for anything and often got an helping hand from money to get where they are today. Evelyn was the first to be born of three daughters and one brother, who were all like herself spoilt rotten, Evelyn had a horse at the age of eight, and at the age of ten, her own miniature fashion line for kids, of course paid for by her parents.

With her mother often busy, Evelyn helped out in the kitchen for fun and it was soon that her mother noticed she was a natural. She was also a natural at art, and music- the kid was a genius, but when she went into an all girls academy school it became clear the genius child wasn't interested in putting her brain to use. Simply put, she found it boring, drab, and more often than not, not being pampered made school an unwelcome enviroment. She left school with average grades and it was then it hit her that she had little chance of getting a job, only having her small kid's clothing firm to go back on- if she wanted to get anywhere other than selling kid's clothes, she'd have to get some experience, to encourage employers, and to encourage her parents to support her. Her two sisters, excelled in school, and Evelyn began to grow a little jealous, childishly so, even though she knew her lack of experience was her own doing.

At eighteen, try as she did to keep it running, the kid's clothing line fell flat on it's back. Evelyn simply didn't know how to manage a store, up until then her parents had done all the hard work for her. Even though she had enough money to not need a job, the flop of her business made her frustrated, and she decided that like it or not, if she wanted to do something with her life she needed to take small steps instead of relying on her money. So, she signed up for an apprenticeship at a new art Gallery, taking her father's advice to put her knowledge of the arts to good use.It was a year long apprenticeship, and all went well, or so it seemed.
Extra info:

▶Arranged marriage: FemElfRoyaltyxMaleHumanRoyalty/MaleElfRoyaltyxFemHumanRoyalty
The two races were very different and had been at war for many years but now at last, the war was over and peace was at hand. Almost. There were still rising tensions between the Elves and Humans, and well you can guess why. Elves preferred nature and despised the destructive way of the humans, whereas for humans, building was their way of life. So a marriage was arranged; one royal elf and one royal human would wed, a display of the utmost tolerance and compassion. However, will the to be newly wed's be able to accept one another?
Appearance: Picture One Picture Two
Name: Ilrune Rhaac'var
Race: Elf
Traits:Patient, Calm, Graceful, Creative, Caring
Dislikes: War, arguing, impatience, people who don't listen
Personality: Ilrune is calm and sweet, and very skillful in crafting and hunting and takes great pride in her duty as a royal as do many, and sees it as part of her duty, to be married for the sake of her kingdom. (I'll develop her pesonality as I go, but so far calm and collected works)
Bio/background: Ilrune is the second oldest of two sisters and two brother's and was brought up keenly by her parents, as were her other siblings. The eldest child, took a lot of heat, as of course someday this child would take over the throne, so Ilrune would've had a good relatively simple, for a royal, childhood, if she weren't born at the beginning of a ten-year long war between elf and human kind for the right to preserve nature and lands they had reigned over for many years, which the humans wished to build on, claiming that techonology was the way forward. It was when larger factories were being built more and more often that the elves revealed their existence, the pollution even noticable in area's the elves had thought were untouchable. The 10 year long war forced Ilrune and her younger siblings into hiding and until she was 15, they were heavily guarded. The war seemed like it would never end, so eventually the two sides struck a truce, which demanded that they split up the land they wanted equally between them, and that none should cause harm to the land the other ruled. Techonology useage was regulated strictly, also.

Ilrune despite the war, tried her best to look after her siblings and keep them calm when they were scared, which lead to her growing up into a graceful caring young lady, but she couldn't help but be relieved when the war ended, and at last she and her siblings were allowed to be children in the truest sense of the word, and the world was peaceful for a while, humans and elves beginning to mingle and communicate with each other more freely. Ilrune's older sister began to learn the ways of the throne, and Ilrune looked up to her and her parents very fondly, but she didn't know how stressed they truly were. It was on an public outing when she began to see the cracks, when she saw a human and an elf fighting, each hurling shocking words at the other. No matter how peaceful things had looked, it was clear that some people simply couldn't put the past to rest. Ilrune was very perceptive, and as soon as she turned sixteen she too began to learn how the ways of royal life, and found that she had a promising path as a craftswoman, as she very much enjoyed carving furniture and weapons alike. Ilrune also turned out to be skilled with herbal remedies, and surprisingly, with hunting, and often joined some of her siblings out on the hunt.

It was at this time, also, that tensions began to rise again, and try as the leader's of both races tried to quell them, it often backfired. Already, each side were flinging accusations at the other. A marriage between an elf and human should show that there was true peace between the two races, and they immediately sent for Ilrunes sister to be wed, but her sister, eloped with an elf she had been secretly courting. That left Ilrune, as the next option, who surprisingly, calmly accepted. As a child she had seen the horrors of war the the rising tension between the two races scared her, and she decided that it was her responsibility to try to quell it, even if it meant getting married to someone she barely knew. The fact that her fiance was human, she accepted without fuss; she had two years until she turned eighteen, and she figured that the marriage would be fine, as it was just an arrangement, after all. Ilrune grew, and blossomed, and when she turned eighteen, the first few meetings between her and her new fiance were arranged, and for the first time, she felt nervous, wondering if everything would go to plan. What if they hated each other? They hadn't met before, so it was a little scary, even if it was technically just business.

But maybe, it wouldn't be too bad after all.
Extra information: (optional)

▶Arranged marriage: FemAngelxMaleHumanRoyalty/MaleAngelxFemHumanRoyalty
The humans on earth have become unfaithful, and more importantly; greedy, violent, and cruel, all in the name of power. In an attempt to see if there is any good in humanity, god has sent down an angel and commands a human king/queen to marry this angel, or the world as they know-it will only begin to crumble. Now this human is royalty, so they don't take kindly to being told what to do, but is there really the chance for the sake of their people, they could swallow their pride and strive for peace?

Appearance: This
Name: Mia Belle
Race: Angel/Divine being
Traits: Loyal, caring, practical, has minor healing abilities and can cast a minor light spell to light candles and such
Dislikes: A dirty house, Being scolded, Mean people, Thunder, Burnt food
Personality: Quiet and softspoken Mia likes nothing more to clean and be helpful
Bio/background: Mia is distantly related to the higher angels, and was sent down to earth in order to give humanities ruler one last chance to prove that humanity as a whole was capable of leaving behind their past, and becoming a more peaceful race. Her role is simple, marry a human prince, but she knows well how arrogant human royalty can be, as they tend to believe they rule over earth, and that they are the superior beings. Mia wasn't the only person ushered into this arrangement either, and as a watcher of humanity hoped that she could help by doing her job as best as she could.

Some humans claim to have seen this vary angel on war grounds, healing the wounded, and Mia really did do that, she is what one might see to be a guardian angel of all, helping the humans when she could, whilst never revealing her presence as an angel. Her life was a simple one of that of an angels, until she was handed her task. God sent her down, in her heavenly form, no longer demanding that she hide, as a test to see if a human, his once perfect creation could swallow their pride and care for one of his own, regardless of if they would love his angel or not, for the better future for their kind as a whole. Surely, even if they didn't love the angel, they could see that their brutality as a race would only lead to their downfall?

FemHealerxMaleInjured/MaleHealerxFeminjured
A wounded traveller is taken care of by a kindly healer.

FemRivalThiefxMaleRivalThief
The best thieves steal the most, right? But sometimes it isn't riches that's worth the most. Another man's trash is another man's treasure, as the saying goes...

FemFalselyAccusedxMaleDetective/MaleFalselyAccusedxFemDetective
___ is on the run, after being caught in the wrong place at the wrong time, and she knows a detective is hot on her trail, certain he has caught the true criminal. However, when they finally run into each other, he realises the 'true criminal' is in fact totally innocent, and takes pity on her. However, the police, see the detective mistakenly sympathising with the 'criminal' and now he is wanted as an accomplice. Will the two be able to put their differences aside and prove their innocence?

▶MaleBeastxFemBeauty
It's a tale as old as time I'd love to do a few cute spins on. A prince, rejected a witch and this witch, responded furiously, casting upon him a spell which forced this man to take a beastly form at day from the rise of the sun, and to take his human form only at night, when the sun had set. This is all I've got for this one but it's a RP I'm keen to explore, so I'm open to plotting.

Appearance:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

x
x
x
Name: Lilith Eryn
Race: Human
Traits: Hardworking, caring, inquisitive,
Dislikes: (optional)
Personality: Lilith is a learner by nature and is very hardworking, and generally very kind.
Bio/background: A hardworking tailors daughter, who works with her sisters in a clothing store. Her sisters are spoilt, but kind, and tend to the register and help sell the clothing whilst beauty and her father are behind the clothes they sell, which vary from fancy ballgowns and everyday clothes to hunting leathers. As most beauty characters go, she has a simple life, moving to a small town after her father's luck had run down, leading him to lose a large amount of money when he and her mother were on a business trip only to encounter pirates. They stole everything valuable and his wife was killed in the process. I'm considering making her a gatherer-hunter-tailor type, someone who gets up early in the morning to gather her supplies for work, and then uses them to work for the rest of the day, and lives a rather simple life and is often fawned over by her sisters who treat her like a doll. (I'm not going for the typical evil sister thing, sure they may be a bit oblivious and spoilt, but they're good at heart and care for their younger sister as a mother would, as their own is gone. In short they try to teach her what they think is best but they are different to beauty in the end.)

Fandom/Fandom inspired◀:

๑Hungergames FemTributexMaleTribute (may make this into a small group RP if several people take interest)♡

The games were supposed to be over, but those who had watched their ancestors brutally fight to the death, thought that those who had never seen their loved ones suffer, should, after all they had had to watch their friends and family die. They reasoned that if the capitol ancestors don't learn their lesson, they might go back to their old ways of being pampered insensitive. A group of select people, who wanted to exact their revenge, decided that they would host their own games, so they found an old abandoned untouched arena, which after the war was rare, and kidnapped 24 innocents of Capitol descent. It took some work to get the arena's tubes working again, and finding weapons wasn't easy, but they got it done, and that was all they needed, along with a hacker, who would make sure everyone had to watch. The rebels were mad; Katniss had suggested that a final games must be justified, but she changed her mind down the line, and so, they sought to take the matter into their own hands. Of the twenty four tributes, two, fall in love and this creates problems for the gamemmakers, who are already dealing with military forces trying to stop the game. Will the lovers escape, or perish? (this doesn't have to be solely romance)

▶Matched FemCivilianxMaleCivilian♡

The world is perfect, you live a long life, and die at the age of 80 surrounded by friends and family, and you don't need to worry about love, as you find your match for life at the matching banquet, a prom like event where you will find out who the society deems you are best matched with. Take a seat, eat glorious rare luxury food, see your matchees face on a screen, or if you are a lucky one, they might be in the room with you. The matched are matched perfectly, it seems, but you can't help but wonder; what if I chose? What if my match, isn't my match?

Requests◀:
▶If you ask I am more than happy to write up a fresh sample for you to check out
▶I am also happy to fill out a profile, although I hope that if you ask for this you would be courteous enough to do the same for me (I will post a small profile code below all this)
▶Throw ideas at me- if there's one idea you want to request, go for it, just be prepared for rejection if it's not my thing. It's also worth saying that I love to plot, so even if you aren't up for roleplay of mine, I'd love to plot anyway.

[b]Appearance:[/b] (feel free to use images or links for this)
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Race:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Traits:[/b]
[b]Likes:[/b] (optional)
[b]Dislikes:[/b] (optional)
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]Bio/background:[/b]
[b]Extra information:[/b] (optional)

Suggestions◀:
▶Feel free to leave some, as I'm always looking for ideas!

-Fizztastic Rain-

Golden Explorer

12,350 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50

-Fizztastic Rain-

Golden Explorer

12,350 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:55 am
User Image

I am also looking for◀:
▶Group roleplays*
▶Plot discussion
▶Guild invites*
▶*Genre wise I am more likely to respond to invites from guilds & groups which are romance/action/fantasy/sci-fi/comedy

My random stuff◀:
▶I will be keeping this space to store links to images and such for future reference

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:22 am
Ah I totally forgot I had a search thread here. Search has been updated and new characters for certain plots have been added ^^  

-Fizztastic Rain-

Golden Explorer

12,350 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50

-Fizztastic Rain-

Golden Explorer

12,350 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50