User ImageUser Image
She's got a name change, like a big girl.

Moose
Uongo wasn't sure how he felt about his growing cubs. They weren't his by birth, rather they were born to his mates, but it bothered him all the same. As the youngest of the three adults, he was brought in when Kiuma was pregnant and his role had been that of a protector to his growing family. Now that they were moving out for their pilgrimages he felt lost. Where exactly was he in the grand scheme of things? Where did he fit in?

The Guardian passed his father's den with a sad passing smile. His mother, Kipenzi, was still missing. She had been gone for four months on her trip to the rogue lands and with every day that passed the family lost hope that she would return. His father stayed strong, but they all knew something had to have happened for the spotted lioness to be gone that long.

Hanging his head with a side he sat not far from the den, looking at the freshly rained on earth, pondering his next move.

Sabra
It was rare for Suzume to be away from the high mountain paths, but today she had taken to the den area. Having helped some of her family out with the hunt today the lioness felt refreshed. It was good to be able to be helpful to someone rather than to just play with the winds in the mountains. Her gaze however took on a curious expression as she noticed another lion. Unlike others who were moving around the lion was just sitting there.

"Why so gloomy, hmm?" Suzume asked as she approached innocently. It was too hard for her to just move on when someone else looked so down. As usual her never dying curiousity had gotten the best of her and she was determined to see why a sigh rather than a laugh had left the lion.

Moose
“It’s a little hard not to be gloomy sometimes.” He pointed out bluntly. Uongo was a charmer when he was happy, and a snake when he was upset. Not that he meant to be rude. There was nothing in it for him to talk to this lioness, since his heart was already captured by another.

“Life can’t be sunshine and rainbows, kitten.” Leaning on one shoulder, he allowed his mane to tumble over his eyes. Truthfully he was ever his mother’s son; a dastardly flirt who had it imbedded in his very dna. “Why so talkative? Surely you’ve something better to do than to talk to strangers.”

Not that he had much else to do, honestly.

Sabra
Suzume just laughed at his bluntness, "True that. But I didn't say it was a problem, just curious as to why." Innocently the lioness leaned in closely. He didn't seem to be in bad shape, so why so grumpy? Pouting the female just leaned back on her hind paws and shrugged.

"But surely you can still find a rainbow someday." She smiled lightly, "Honestly today? Not really. Plus I think your sigh could echo throughout all the mountains...so of course I had to stop by."

Moose
Leaning closer to her, he grinned his wicked smile, soft blue eyes shimmering. “A pretty little thing like you, curious about me? Well, now I just feel compelled to tell you.” Smirking, he leaned back. “Not. Sorry sweetheart, but my problems are my own.”

She was just the right amount of innocent for him to mess with and not feel bad about. “The whole mountains? Surely not! I think only the Goddess herself could accomplish something that grand.” He reached back on his perch. Uongo’s spotted back captured the sun’s light and warmed him.

“…How long have you been back from your pilgrimage? I think I would have remembered you if you were here for very long.”

Sabra
Oh boy. Suzume had to suppress the urge to scoot back until he apologized, "Re-really?" The lioness pouted, "You tell me that you will let me listen then ya cut me off?" She huffed and blew a stray piece of mane away from her eyes, "Rude."

Not like she needed to know or anything. But still! She was just concerned, was that such a problem? Her chocolate gaze peered towards him quietly. Lions and their mysteries. Not like he was good at hiding he was feeling troubled with all those sighs of his.

Suzume just shook her head, "I dunno...that sigh was pretty grand." At his question her ears twitched, "Not too long ago." Suzume flushed slightly, "I'm not around this part of the pride much actually." Unlike most she prefered to stay hidden in the mountains save for when helping with the occasional hunt. Something about being so high up made the lioness feel better about life.

Moose
Uongo couldn’t help, but to laugh. His eyes flashed bright as his smile took a dangerous twist. “Rude? Pfft. Hardly. You’re the rude one. I never asked to be interrupted, and yet you saw fit to place yourself into my day when I never asked you to. You can scoot away from me right now for all I care.” It may have seemed rude to her, but damn it, if she wasn’t being rude herself.

“Now I think you’re embellishing to make yourself seem nobler.” If she was trying to gain his favor by pretending to be concerned, he wasn’t buying it. How many times had lioness’ tried that to get him to sleep with them? “Yes, I gathered that, sweet thing. If you were I would think you would have been a mother by now.” Not by him, oh Gods no, but by someone far less put off by her innocent ways.

“If you want to help calm my sighs, why not see if you can’t be useful and find information on a pink spotted lioness. She’s been missing for a few months, and I’m trying to find her.”

Sabra
The female's eyes widened in surprise. She really hadn't thought she was being rude, "Sorry." She flushed lightly, "I just thought you might need a helpful ear." That sounded kinda lame, but still. "It wasn't like I was lying to ya. Just being honest and such...not teasing like ya just did." She pouted before shaking her shoulders. Either way...didn't lions who were upset usually have sharp tongues? So she couldn't take it to heart, though it was tempting to...

"Nobler, me?" Suzume laughed, "I am far from some stick up noble lioness." All she did was run about the mountains like a cub still after all. Suzume felt nothing noble about herself at all, "And definitely never that." Her a mother? Hah!

"A spotted lioness?" Suzume's eyes lit up, "So you're missing someone? No wonder! I would be sad as well..." She trailed off quietly before looking back towards him, "Do you think she's in danger or just out wandering?" Either way though the lioness was already mapping out paths to try taking to find the lioness. After all there was no telling what could happen to someone out there in the roguelands let alone the high mountain paths.

Moose
“Sweetling, if you really think that was teasing, then you haven’t seen me at my best.” He quirked a quick smirk. Uongo stretched his paws and leapt down from his perch to stand beside her. By now Kiuma would have boxed his ears and Kule would have stepped in. “I wouldn’t be so quick to cut yourself out of the motherhood ranking. Little wisps like you have done far less for those that call themselves lovers.”

Shaking his head, he realized just how bored he had become. “She’s my mother, she’s been gone for four months, so I’m fairly certain she’s in trouble.” Now he was being snippy, but it was a tough subject. “Look, no more questions, if you want those you can talk to my siblings. If you find her, great, if not, whatever. She goes by Kipenzi and she’s a tall, lanky lioness with a blonde mane. Think you can manage a search?”

Sabra:
Suzume just frowned at him. This guy was really something. Almost made her wish she hadnt heard his sigh. One moment he was too close then the other too snippy...couldn't he jus tmake up his mind about things? She just made a face at his comment about motherhood. No thank you.

Nothing of the sort had ever interested her before and it still was far from her top worry.

"Your mother?" The lioness frowned, "Then I'll try my hardest. not for you of course! BUt because no one should be alone for so long. Surely everyone else in your family is worried about her." Turning Suzume took a few steps away, "I can remember to keep an eye out for her in the mountains. If I find her I'll make sure to help her home."

With that she moved away from him and back to the comfort of the mountains free of teasing grumps where she could hopefully try to find this mysterious missing lioness.

(WC:1500)