Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 12:53 pm
nessiaing
He should totally meet Manyara's mother. XDDD

User Image

Her work had seemed to take all night. It gave her nervous energy and she often discovered her claws making furrows in the ground if she stood in one place for too long. A very unexpected talk had occurred last night between her and a very young cub. It had surprised her that he had taken note of what was being whispered around the pride, but no one was willing to talk about in the open.

The male had approached her and asked a few questions before he'd had to leave. He had promised that he would meet her again tonight. Now her chores were done. Manyara settled herself in a fairly visible spot but still away from the main groups. If he showed as promised, then she wanted to be here to meet him. The red lioness tried to look relaxed and nonchalant and normal as her eyes kept looking for the purple cub.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 2:07 pm
User Image

Boinedal had started his night full of typical cubs activites, rough housing with his siblings and hiding around the pride listening on all the gossip. He had managed to push most of what he had heard the night before from his mind and gotten a goods day rest, but now he was looking for the red lioness that had actually spoken to him like he mattered.

He went looking where he had seen her the first time, it didn't take him too long to spot her and he smiled at her moving quickly to his side, "Hi Manyara" he greeted her with a smile, his youthfulness showing.

magnadearel

nessiaing

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 3:54 pm
nessiaing

She was pleased when she saw the cub approaching. He seemed to be in very good spirits today after what they'd talked about last night. Manyara gave the cub a purr of welcome at his arrival. "Good evening to you Boinedal. How was your night?" She returned his smile, and relaxed back. One again she was laying down. It would be best if they kept their conversation about the king between them.

Manyara invited him to settled beside her again with a flick of her tail. She watched him without appearing to by looking out over his shoulder. Something she'd learned from hunting prey. Was he nervous? Had he asked questions of anyone else? Or mentioned she'd talked to him about this subject? The red female waited for him to bring up what he wanted to talk about.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 4:09 pm
The purple cub moved quickly to settle in beside his new foudn friend. He settled in next to her quiet close again so that they would be able to have their hushed conversations in private. He did his due diligence looking around to make sure that no one was close by nor any bushes where cubs like himself could be listening in.

"I had a good night so far very quiet." he told her in his mild mannered voice. He had spent his time walking over to her thinking about what he should ask her, he didn't think she wanted to offer him any more than he asked for which was more than any other adult would give him so he was thankful for that.

"I want to know more about how the king has gained his supports" he told the red female.

"Oh and I haven't told anyone that we've talked, I didn't think I should" he told her a stern look in his eyes.

magnadearel

nessiaing

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 4:49 pm
nessiaing

The lioness made sure he was comfortable, and realized she'd like to cuddle cubs of her own some day. Boinedal was such a sweet cub, that Manyara wanted a litter like him though she'd never embarrass him by telling him directly. She liked how quickly he settled next to her, but she knew the real reason was so they wouldn't be overheard. It was a nice illusion while it lasted.

"I'm glad your night has gone well." She listened to his question as if he were an adult, or at least an adol. Manyara felt much more comfortable speaking of how the king won the support of the low class lions rather than how he obtained his power. She gave him a fond smile and a quick hug of thanks. "Thank you. I could probably get into some trouble if anyone found out I was telling you this."

Now she took a deep breath. "The king needed backers," she whispered into his ear. "Several rogues joined the pride. Mean rogues." The lioness thought of her run in with Tyfu. "Rogues who were willing to do nasty things. Then he also created a new rank for lions of the low class." She flicked her tail a moment. "To make the low class lions loyal to him he created the Royal Guards. Those lions he allowed to serve him directly and gave them duties over the pride." Enforcers of his rules basically, and henchmen to do his dirty work.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 4:59 pm
Boinedal listened taking in what the female told him. "That sounds like cheating!" the young purple cub exclaimed louder than he had meant to. He ducked his head down and look around sheepishly to see if anyone had looked his way. Of course no one did there wasn't anything exceptional about a cub being noisy.

"I still don't get why more people don't try to stop him." Boinedal said. It was confusing to the cub. How was it that he as a cub could see that what the King was doing was wrong but yet the adults of the pride let it happen. "If more of us stood up and said something than we could stop him." Boinedal said so sure of himself puffing out his chest just a little as he spoke. He was caviler in the way he spoke and thought.

magnadearel

nessiaing

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 5:12 pm
nessiaing

Manyara weighted his words. "In a way I suppose it was. The king had a goal, and was going to use any means necessary to get it." His indignation at the king cheating was endearing. "That is also why some of the pride is so upset. They fear the king has offended the Great Lion so much by his actions that He has turn His eye from the pride." It was deeply concerning to those who grew up in the pride and believed. Unlike certain rogues she could name.

"Because they are afraid little one. Fear rules the pride now. If he did that just to get the crown, what else might he do to keep it? Would you say something against the king if you thought he might send the Royal guards to rough up your parents?" Hard stuff for a cub, and she wondered how well he'd take it. She flicked her tail in amusement at his simple statement. "If more were willing to stand up and take the risk like Prince Meshach and Princess Andama did, then yes we could probably be rid of him."

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 5:19 pm
Tears filled the young cubs eyes when the lioness brought up the royal guard and their tendency to take out their aggressions on others. If something happened to his parents he wasn't sure he would be able to tolerate it. His parents would never step out of line he knew that, they didn't even whisper in the den by themselves.

"I guess that would stop me. I don't like it though. I don't like not being able to do anything. I don't want to grow up afriad." The cub was getting tired and now he was beginning to show more emotions. He tried hard to recover but tears were beginning to spill over the brim of his eyes.

magnadearel

nessiaing

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 5:34 pm
nessiaing

She frowned in worry as she saw the tears in his eyes. Quickly she gave him a reassuring snuggle. "Don't cry little one. But now you see why more aren't willing to stand up to him?" Soft lavender eyes looked down compassionately at Boinedal. It was a tough lesson for such a young cub. Manyara so was proud of him for understanding.

"Sadly, a lot of lions don't like it either. That's why there's so much whispering going on in the pride." She nodded with sympathy and understanding. "The times are tough, but we need to hold on and pray to the Great Lion." Manyara desperately wanted to give the young male hope. "Some day, someone will stand up to him and bring him down."

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 5:51 pm
Boinedal pushed his face into the red lioness' neck while he sniffed back his tears. When he regained his composure he pulled back.

"I don't think the Great Lion would turn his back on us. Thats not the way things work, we did nothing bad we should not be punished, only the King should be punished." he said the last part quietly. He was sure if anyone heard him saying the King should be punished he would find himself in a great deal of trouble and possibly get Manyara in trouble too... Boinedal wouldn't want to get anyone else in trouble because of his actions.

The young cub wasn't sure he could handle much more of this talk tonight, he was growing tired and as he tired his emotions grew higher. "Walk me home?" he asked the red lioness, he didn't want to leave her comforting side just yet but he knew he had to get back to his den as well.

magnadearel

nessiaing

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:06 pm
nessiaing

Manyara comforted him until he had calmed himself. She could kind of follow his reasoning, but she had her own. The lioness wanted to see what he thought of it.

"I don't like to think he would either, but lets look at it another way. The Great Lion has the rules we should follow, correct? If everyone follows those rules then all is well. However, doesn't the king also stand for the whole pride? His shame then comes down to the rest of us. We are as much to blame for his actions and not stopping him as he is for doing them."

She could tell he was getting very sleepy. So was she. The lioness chuckled as he asked her to walk him home. "Of course little one. Think about what we've talked about and if you have more questions come find me." She rose to her and padded slowly with him.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:14 pm
Boinedal plodded along beside the red lioness on the way back to his den. Before he got there he turned towards her, "Thank you" he said his head held high again. Despite his highly emotional state he was thankful to the lioness, if it weren't for her he would know nothing and would still be in the bushes trying to listen to adults and figure it out on his own.

"Good night Manyara, I will see you soon." he told her before running towards his den. He turned to smile at the red lioness before ducking in to his den to find his family and tuck in for the day.

magnadearel
fin

nessiaing

[IC] Mwezi'Johari Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas