Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:02 am
User Image

Sekmes adored the Haven.

That wasn't to say that he didn't enjoy the mortal realm, but his thick fur was better suited for colder climates. It felt as if he were coming home now that he was able to tromp about in the snow with a harsh wind pulling his cloak up into the unknown. It tugged against his neck, desperately clinging without the God ever worrying about it leaving. His accouterments were as much a part of him as his claws, and like his claws, they were never taken off.

It was an odd place, with the gates of eternal death not so far away. No God had ever passed through them, and Sekmes wasn't itching to be the first. He steered clear, preferring to explore the sprawling utopia of ice and snow.

Every so often he could look through the clouds to catch a glimpse of the mortal realm before the thick vapors cloistered upon themselves. It was charming. Somewhere down there his children grew without him, and he couldn't wait to see them again to learn of their adventures.

Zosie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:47 pm
Nyehsa had been spending more time in the Haven of late, since Bahari had left, she had spent her time wandering between the Mortal world and here, though she figured if he appeared he would be here. It was Gods only, after all.

The cold didn't bother her. Her domain wasn't particularly a warm one, even in Africa. Becoming drenched and then being encased by nightfall was something familiar to her, and that could be very cold indeed.

She'd grown to love the snow up here, oddly. Some parts weren't always so cold, but today she wandered through the snowy drifts. Nye had felt better since confiding in Primitus. He'd made a good friend. Her blue paws danced through the snow.

The Goddess felt better than she had in a long while.

Painted Moose

Zosie

Fashionable Bear

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:20 am
Zosie

Sekmes shook a fine layer of powdered snow out of his rusty mane, and turned his cool gaze to the environment around him. As lovely as it was in the Haven, there was something missing. No matter where he searched he couldn't find the warmth that was ever so present in the mortal realm. There was a lack of community here; the Gods didn't band together in prides like those below, and it bothered him.

As he continued his walk he nearly passed by a rather blue Goddess. Quirking his brow, Sekmes moved closer to her. While he didn't know many on a personal, Sekmes had come to know that Gods by their distinct looks, but she was a mystery to him.

All the more reason to talk to her.

"Greetings, sister!" Though not his sister by kin, all were family to Sekmes. "I don't think I've met you before, or if I have it's been in another life. The names Sekmes, God of Goodwill, and you?"

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:10 am
Painted Moose
Nyesha was taken aback by the friendly God, though it certainly wasn't unusual to find them, they were in the haven of course. The lioness smiled at him gently, flicking back her curly plaited hair which had grown so long. She hadn't seem him before, he was right.

He looked fit for the snow, with his fluffy accents, his cape and even his long rusty mane seemed to radiate warmth.

The blue Goddess padded closer to him. "Hello Sekmes, I am Nyesha'Densi, the Goddess of Rain." She paused. "But you can call me Nye."

Zosie

Fashionable Bear

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:22 pm
It was amazing, how something as simple as a mane flip could brighter his smile. Sekmes was no stranger to the guiles of females, but she was no ordinary lioness. Not only because of her species, but he could sense only good vibes from her. This was no evil Goddess.

"Goddess of Rain." Sekmes whistled and chuckled. "I'm surprised to see you in the Haven, when so many below sing your praises. A beauty such as yourself doesn't stay up here often...do you?" For some reason, it bothered him. He wasn't trying to put his moves on her, but he was rather rudely curious. The Haven was usually for Gods who were trying to hide from something.

"Sorry, feel free to tell me to shut it anytime you want. I've been told I might as well keep my mouth open to save my jaws the work."

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:29 pm
She laughed though the glimmer of an obvious pain, though now longer ago, was visible in her eyes for a moment. A beauty? She was flattered and looked at him with a wry smile.

She may as well tell the truth, and should get used to saying it. "I lost my mate. Not to... anything unsavoury, but I just, never found him again. It was a while now. Sometimes I just come up here to think. It's nice, the cold." Such an admission of past painful experience in the first few minutes of meeting might make him shrink away, but she wasn't too bothered.

Nye had never been one for the blazing sunshine in truth, and had appreciated the time she'd spent trundling round on the frosty mountain.

"But you're right, I spend much of my time down there." She nodded to the mortal realm below.

Zosie

Fashionable Bear

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:46 pm
Her pain disturbed him. So long had Sekmes surrounded himself in nothing, but joy that he had come to expect it from others. He would have to help her to overcome that, of that he was certain.

Or maybe not. "Oh..." What did one say in that situation? He shifted awkwardly, looking down at his big paws. "I'm sorry to hear that." That's a winner, dunce. "I wish him well, wherever he has gone, but to you I wish a warmer heart. I hope that you don't stay in this place so long at it turns you to the same ice we walk on. I've seen it, and it isn't pretty." He shook his head. "Though I can understand your pain. Losing someone you held so dear...I can only imagine the heartache." Frowning, he looked up at her. "I'm not making this any easier, am I?"

Thinking for a moment, he started to walk past her, and turned to look over his shoulder, "Come on, this way, I've got something to show you."

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:54 pm
His words seemed so elegantly crafted before he spoke them that for a moment she was silent and rendered speechless. Looking down at the ice they indeed stood on she doubted she would become cold. Sure she'd had some emotional times and some turbulence but she was much better now. "It's better than it was." She managed feebly with a smile. Great, now she'd made things awkward. Nyesha looked confused as the male suggested she follow him but walked behind Sekmes slowly. "Oh?"  

Zosie

Fashionable Bear

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:16 pm
Walking was much easier when one had such long legs. Sekmes was careful to take smaller strides, but it was easier said than done. Even when careful he was still like a giraffe in the snow; a much, much heavier giraffe.

Better than it was? That still wasn't good enough for him. She should be warm and smiling and generally joyful. It was reckless for him to think that all creatures should feel that way, and illogical, but Sekmes ran on his gut. He passed great stones and snow hills before coming up on what he'd meant to show her.

"I'm not sure what it is, really, but I thought it might help." In the sky above them was a dancing mix of lights that could be seen dipping down to the mortal world. "I'm not sure if it's Godly energy, or Mkodi, or just nature, but it's...pretty." Swirls of brilliant turquoise, luscious lavenders and his favorites, burst of gold dotted the sky.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:58 pm
She stood there for a moment, just looking at it, and she seemed to get lost in her thoughts. They swirled around her head as the colours swirled against the sky. She sank a little deeper into them and closed her eyes gently before she seemed to shake herself from her mind cautiously.

Whatever it was, whoever had made it or however it had got there- it was beautiful. Nyesha had never seen it before, in the Haven or otherwise.

"Wow."

Almost breathless, she managed to pull her eyes from the dancing colours for a moment to look at Sekmes. "That is beautiful."

Zosie

Fashionable Bear

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:05 pm
Sekmes watched the lights vibrate among the open sky. It was strange, how they seemed to dance with each other, but also so very calming. When he looked back down to Nye her eyes were closed, and he looked away shyly, hoping not to intrude on her musings.

Slowly, he turned his head back to her and smiled softly. "Yeah, it really is." Though at the moment he couldn't have said if he meant the lights were beautiful or the goddess he was looking at. "Do you...do you want to stay for a while, and watch the lights with me?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:16 pm
Nye smiled back at the God, feeling at peace, and grateful to be shown such a beautiful thing on a day when she really wasn't expecting such magic. It proved that things didn't have to stay as they were. She could do the unexpected and feel peaceful again.

Looking at Sekmes, she could think of nothing more she wanted to do in that moment. It was if she were rooted to the spot, her eyes glancing gently from the skies to her new friend. "Yes, I do." She said simply, and she sat down to rest against the snow. ((End))

Zosie

Fashionable Bear

[IC/OOC] Gods' Haven [IC/OOC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces