Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Deus Ex Machina, a humble training facility located on a remote island. 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities
[PRP] Heroines of a Shojo Manga [Sherry/Mimi] (FIN) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
[A.V.] rolled 1 20-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-20)

[A.V.]

Dangerous Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:03 pm
Dae's voice still rang in her head, and while she knew this was just training, Mimi found herself trembling slightly. She knew as a warrior of justice she'd have to fight the forces of evil and sometimes that meant... vanquishing them. Permanently. She never thought much of it in movies or games, but this... wasn't fantasy. There was no reset button, no preset lives. This... was the real thing.

R-right! U-um, here I go..."
Mimi raised the sword in front of her, spreading her feet apart slightly to steady her stance.

Grifferie rolled 2 12-sided dice: 4, 3 Total: 7 (2-24)
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:18 pm
"Okay then."

Sherry nodded, and the moment Mimi looked a little comfortable in her stance Sherry stepped forward. Two quick steps, and a sideways swing of the glaive. She aimed for Mimi's sword. Time to see if the girl could hang on to it.

HP: 60/60
Damage: 1 (starting off light i see)
Charge: 1  

Grifferie

Crew

Deus Sherry

[A.V.] rolled 2 8-sided dice: 5, 3 Total: 8 (2-16)

[A.V.]

Dangerous Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:48 pm
Though she said she was ready, she really wasn't.
The strike almost made her drop it, but she held tight, since Dae-sama was on the verge of ranting at her again if she did.

Dae-sama! I'm not trying to kill her. This is just practice!

Mimi didn't like the idea of hitting a vital spot, but Sherry-san was a lot more experience, and she said something about dampeners? Hopefully this would be ok...
She gripped the sword tightly and lunged.

HP: 39/40
Action: Attacking
Result: 2 dmg

GrnGriff

Grifferie rolled 2 12-sided dice: 1, 6 Total: 7 (2-24)
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:00 pm
Sherry was glad to see the trainee taking initiative like that, but she couldn't just stand there and let a be solid. Some part of her would have liked to have gotten out of this unscathed, but Mimi was quick, or Sherry was slow, and the blow landed on her shield. Not quick a direct his on her heart, but it made Sherry smile.

"Good! Go for the vital points!" Learn to fight and learn to stay alive, in other words.

Mimi's action had brought her in close, and Sherry used that, retaliating with a smack from her own weapon. More with the shaft than the blade, but hopefully it would help unbalance the trainee. "Again! Stay on your feet and watch your grip!"

Sherry felt like this was a teachable moment. Or something.

HP: 58/60
Damage: 1
Charge: 2

[A.V.]
<3

Grifferie

Crew

Deus Sherry

[A.V.] rolled 2 8-sided dice: 8, 6 Total: 14 (2-16)

[A.V.]

Dangerous Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:23 pm
The shield had surprised Mimi and she stumbled back, watching as the remnants of her attack faded into nothing.
Oooh, so that's why Dae-sama told her to strike. She knew she wouldn't be able to hurt Sherry-san.
There was something akin to a snort in her head.

I-I guess...

Perhaps it was the same with video games too, though the characters seemed to have a lot of stamina. Though she supposed it wouldn't be much fun if you died from one hit.

Even Sherry was telling her the same thing, and was giving her helpful tips as her weapon was smacked at again, yet she was able to keep a steady grip this time.

Mimi grit her teeth, lifted the sword, and struck down as hard as she could.

HP: 38/40
Result: 8 dmg
Charge: 2

GrnGriff
dayum

Grifferie rolled 2 12-sided dice: 7, 7 Total: 14 (2-24)
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:14 pm
This time Sherry really felt the blow. She'd tried to dodge, but the full force of the swing caught her arm, jarring her shoulder.

"Good!" She had to catch her breath a bit. "Like that. Keep that up!" And as she spoke she brought Armagnac in from the side.

"Keep attacking!"

HP: 50/60
Damage: 8
Charge: 3

[A.V.]
Little trainees doing well warms her heart.

Grifferie

Crew

Deus Sherry

[A.V.] rolled 2 8-sided dice: 4, 5 Total: 9 (2-16)

[A.V.]

Dangerous Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:56 pm
Oh no, Mimi hadn't meant to hurt her. She hoped it didn't hurt too much.
"Ah, gomen! I didn't-"

But-

The voice made her flinch, which meant she was caught off guard when Sherry struck, making her nearly trip and fall.

Mimi bit her lip, and gave a half-hearted swing.

HP: 30/40
Result: 1 dmg

Grifferie rolled 2 12-sided dice: 4, 7 Total: 11 (2-24)
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:53 pm
"It's fine!" Sherry said with a grin. "Keep your feet under yourself. Gotta watch your balance!"

Sherry countered Mimi's swing with one of her own. "Make every hit matter!"

HP: 49/60
Damage: 5

[A.V.]

Grifferie

Crew

Deus Sherry

[A.V.] rolled 8 12-sided dice: 8, 2, 5, 8, 8, 11, 7, 4 Total: 53 (8-96)

[A.V.]

Dangerous Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 7:36 pm

B-but-
Make every hit count. Luckily, I've obtained enough FEAR to unleash a charged attack. So go ahead, use it.>
Charged attack? Is that like... a finishing move?
<...If you must put it in such terms. Now FOCUS. If you botch this up, I'll never let you live it down.>

Mimi took a deep breath, and closed her eyes, focusing on the sword.
Focus on her mana, and summon forth the greatest attack!!

The runes lit up on her sword, and Mimi opened her eyes.
"Sword of Justice!!"
Lifting the sword above her head, she swung it down on Sherry's shield, but the impact also knocked her back, taking a chunk out of her own fear shield.

HP: 14/40
Action: Using Gambler's Chance T2
Result: 15 dmg, 11 to self
Charge: 0/3 [1/2]

Grifferie rolled 2 12-sided dice: 11, 6 Total: 17 (2-24)
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:26 pm
Sherry saw the runes light up. She knew what was coming, but she didn't have time to dodge. Raise Armagnac in defense, yes. It was the best she could hope for. The blow hit, it stung, tore into her shield.

"Very good!" Sherry said through gritted teeth. "Very good. You and your weapon are getting along much better, it seems." She flashed Mimi a smile.

"But don't let your guard down," she said, rushing forward. "And don't," the words came with a sideswipe of the glaive, "trust one good hit to stop an attack."

HP: 34/60
Damage: 11

[A.V.]
<3

Grifferie

Crew

Deus Sherry

[A.V.]

Dangerous Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:24 pm
The attack had drained her, leaving Mimi panting as she barely raised her sword in time to fend off Sherry's attack.
The force of the swing sent the trainee tumbling to the ground, weapon knocked out of her hand.

Dae-sama... gomen... I am très fatigué.
The weapon was desummoned as Mimi pushed herself up off the ground.

"S-sorry Sherry-san, I don't think I can fight anymore..."

HP: 3/40
Action: --
Result: --

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:31 pm
Sherry had been preparing to keep the attacking going, but the moment Mimi desummoned, Sherry did, too.

"Not a worry," she said with a smile. "Learning your limits can be important, too. Besides, it's still early in your career."  

Grifferie

Crew

Deus Sherry

[A.V.]

Dangerous Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:36 pm

The voice in her head was seething.
Mimi sighed as she walked over to where the desummoned pendant lay, bending down to pick it up.
Désolé...

She turned around and gave Sherry a weak smile.
"Thank you for the spar, Sherry-san. You are very strong."

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:02 am
"You're welcome! It was fun."

Armagnac mumbled something about wanting a better fight, but Sherry mentally hushed her. She was all smiles on the outside.

"Don't worry! I wasn't very strong when I first started here. Training is key, Mimi. Always remember that."

[A.V.]

Grifferie

Crew

Deus Sherry

[A.V.]

Dangerous Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:15 pm
Sherry's words cheered her up a bit, and Mimi clutched the pendant to her chest.
"Yes! I'll work hard to become stronger. Thank you... I promise I won't let you down."
It was hard to tell whether the words were to Sherry or Daeris, or both, but after putting the pendant back on, she ran over to the life hunter and hugged her.

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff