Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Deus Ex Machina, a humble training facility located on a remote island. 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities
[1 v 1] Look Sharp (Chance & Ripley) Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
kuropeco rolled 1 20-sided dice: 14 Total: 14 (1-20)

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:36 pm
Chance was on the training fields again, which may have been a stupid thing, but it may also have been a good thing, considering his division. After all, he'd been told by several different people that being as forward as possible was a key part of the Sun Division. And it wasn't that Chance cared much about what other people said, but he did care about not dying, and therefore was taking things as seriously as possible when it came to training.

Seriously, yes, but still in his own way. Chance could be found standing on the field with his bow and arrow already summoned. A pile of printer paper and a box of Crayola Markers was at his feet, some of them having spilled out onto the grass around his shoes.

There was a sharp twang as Chance let the arrow fly towards the first test dummy.

enoh love

Enoh Love rolled 1 20-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-20)
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:25 pm
Ripley had made his way to the training grounds with every intention on going for a jog. He wanted to get running again after his most recent injury, but as he moved onto the field he noticed someone else there, practising on a test dummy with...paper and markers near him? That was...a pretty curious thing. Then he considered ignoring the stranger to instead go about his business, but, alas -

"May I join you?" Might as well. It had been a while since he faced off against a fellow Hunter, and practice was always appreciated.

kuroopu

Enoh Love

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:44 pm
It took Chance a moment to realize that someone was talking to him; and when he lowered the bow and arrow after firing the second arrow, he realized that the person talking to him was unfamiliar. Pale hair, almost white - no, it was white - but with a young, sharp face and amber eyes behind a pair of glasses.

Curious, Chance thought as he pivoted to look, stepping on one of the papers. A smile tugged at his lips.

"Sure," he said, gesturing to the field with the hand that held the bow. Asher made a soft sound of exasperation in his head. "I welcome the company. I'm Chance, by the way," he added, as he stuck out his free hand in the other's direction, offering him a faint look of amusement. "New Sun trainee."

Enoh Love

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:18 pm
"Ripley Crowell." He introduced himself, stretching out a gloved hand when he was close enough to grasp the offered one for a firm shake. "Intermediate. Death Division." His eyes lowered down towards the paper and markers at Chance's feet, and then flicked back up towards the other man.

"Before we start - May I ask what those are for?" He gestured down towards the art supplies.

kuroopu

Enoh Love

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:40 pm
Chance turned fully to face the other man and accepted his gloved hand, his eyes flashing across the the white hair briefly again before he let go. A grin tugged at his lips. "Haven't heard too much about Death Division, except that the leader is apparently crazy."

He'd almost forgotten about the papers, but when they were mentioned, he looked down, and a laugh escaped his throat before Chance raised his gaze to meet Ripley's again, the end of the bow stuck into the ground.

"Oh," he said, "I was making, shall we say...a little bit of entertainment for myself."

He gestured toward the test dummy he'd been shooting at, which upon closer inspection, had a piece of paper taped to the front of it, and what appeared to be the name of someone scrawled over it in marker. There were several holes through it, where several arrows had apparently hit their mark.

"I thought while I was out here, I'd see about getting some of that long term frustrations out," said Chance mildly, sounding neither frustrated, nor anything negative of the sort. "Weird, but strangely therapeutic."

enoh love

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:53 pm
"Batshit." Ripley confirmed with a grim nod, pointedly ignoring the glance his hair received - either he was used to it, or simply didn't care, though the latter was probably the more true option. He paid attention to the way Chance moved, and how easily he made eye contact as compared to others he had met on the island, and eventually let his gaze drift away towards the dummy, and the paper he now noticed was on it.

"I see." He mused, going quiet as he mulled something over. "...'Margaret'." He read after a while, his gaze finally dragging back towards Chance. "Old bully?" It was a stab in the dark, but one he at least remembered to give a half-smile for, just in case he wanted to take the 'I was trying to joke' exit in the end.

kuroopu

Enoh Love

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:28 pm
"Good to know everyone's on the same page, then, with this guy," said Chance amiably, as he pulled an arrow out of the air and strung it into his bow, notching it along the wire with more ease than he'd had when he'd first come to the island. "I still haven't met my own division leader, let alone any of the others, but I'm guessing it won't be long until I'm dragged off on some crazy, dangerous mission, as I've been told happens routinely."

He grinned over at Ripley before his gaze followed the other man's, across the field to the name scrawled messily on the practice dummy.

"Nah," said Chance mildly, and with an easy smile that seemed strange for what he was saying, he added lightly, "Mother. Though now that I think of it, I could have put a few of the names of old bullies from the home there too, I could do that later."

He squared his shoulders. "So you ready to get started? I'm still sort of working on this whole shooting thing, but I think I'm starting to get the hang of it. Or we could do hand-to-hand, if you'd prefer!"

enoh love

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:59 pm
"The semi-sane ones are elusive." Either he had yet to meet one, or they simply didn't stand out - both were plausible, but he was still pretty certain that they were all a special brand of batshit crazy. "Yours is..." He paused, drawing a blank. What did Abbi call them? Okutas? Oh-taks? "...a very big nerd." He finished lamely, unable to find the strange word for the Sun Lead's special brand. "Otherwise, you heard correctly." Things happened at the drop of a hat around here, and that was the sad truth.

"Must have been a special lady." Ripley drawled dryly, before letting the subject drop in favour of this coming spar. "I'm ready." He acknowledged, stepping back to summon Wilhelm, his two-toned and large sword. "You need to get comfortable with your weapon, as fast as possible." Unlike himself and Wilhelm, who actively didn't mesh well. Their personalities melded just fine, but where Ripley wanted to stay in the background, Wilhelm wanted to be up front to get his share of the blood shed. It was a dangerous disconnect they had yet to get over.

"Whenever you're ready."

kuroopu

Enoh Love

kuropeco rolled 2 8-sided dice: 3, 3 Total: 6 (2-16)

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:04 pm
Chance had been under the impression that Deus was a militaristic sort of foundation; something with carefully set rules and regulations, and while that did seem to be the case, it also seemed to be home to the strangest assortment of people all working towards a similar cause.

It was really very interesting.

He laughed, swiping a hand through his hair. "Yes, I've been told to just...what is it...'just smile and nod' when it comes to the Sun Division head."

Readjusting his hold on the bow and arrow, Chance shifted his footing a little, trying to figure out a better balance. "Yes, that's one way of putting it," he said musingly, still looking down; but then, once he'd managed to get things better, he squared his shoulders and straightened his body.

"Asher's relatively easy to get along with," he said lightly, pulling back the bowstring and letting it go with a sharp twanging sound. "But I will admit that handling them is pretty awkward. Sometimes I'm not sure if I'm even holding this thing right."

HP: 40
DMG:0 WHAT A GR8 START

enoh love

Enoh Love rolled 2 10-sided dice: 9, 3 Total: 12 (2-20)
PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:36 pm
"Smile and nod will work for majority of the Leads." Ripley agreed, based on his knowledge of them, and what small interactions he had with them during his time here. "If you run into my Division Lead, only speak when spoken to, and if you value your body parts, do not mouth off." Eyeballs and limbs were lost that way; and plenty of sudden trips out of windows.

"Then use this time to get used to him or her." He watched the arrow come flying at him, but he raised Wilhelm in time to cut the shoot of FEAR, dissipating it before it could hit him and do damage. "Try spacing your feet the width of your shoulders. It typically gives better balance without extending."

HP: 50/50
Damage: 6

kuroopu

Enoh Love

kuropeco rolled 2 8-sided dice: 4, 1 Total: 5 (2-16)

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:56 pm
"Yes, I've heard of what happens when you mouth off to the leads," said Chance, in just as dry a term as Ripley had used earlier. "I sincerely hope I don't have to lose any of my body parts, I do kind of like them all, and they're pretty useful. Well," he amended, in a contemplative sort of voice, "some more than others. I mean, I would probably be okay without my left pinky toe."

There was a grin on his face as Ripley's sword came sweeping towards him, and Chance gave a quick nod, readjusting his feet as suggested.

"This is my first time using a bow and arrow," he said lightly. "Or, I mean, not on the island, but coming to Deus in general was the first time I've ever used something like this. Where I come from, the majority of weapons are daggers or shivs or anything else small and easily concealed."

HP: 34
DMG: chance rly

enoh love

Enoh Love rolled 2 10-sided dice: 10, 1 Total: 11 (2-20)
PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:25 pm
"Pinky toes assist with balance." He replied, before adding flatly: "You need it." Especially with that bigass bow of his...well, unless he had a defect that left him with six toes instead of five...

"It's an adjustment period." Ripley agreed distantly. "I was used to scalpels." A quick glance down at the sword seemed to say plenty; Wilhelm was a great deal bigger than a scalpel, and by the looks of it, rather heavy. It was a massive adjustment period for him, and one he had yet to get over.

"Bad neighbourhood, or monsters under the bed?" It seemed like a good guess; concealed weapons came with that stereotype in his mind, but their current situation also spoke volumes. If you don't know what was hunting you, you just protected yourself with whatever you could, in a way that wouldn't draw too much attention to yourself.

Still, he swung again, this time towards Chance's leg; he spent the time to help the other man get his balance, it was only fair to try and knock him off guard.

HP: 50/50
Damage: 5

kuroopu

Enoh Love

kuropeco rolled 2 8-sided dice: 8, 3 Total: 11 (2-16)

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:58 am
Clearly this man was of a more serious note than several of the others Chance had met; and Chance leveled a somewhat amused look in his direction, brows arching as he scrutinized him with a certain amount of amusement and curiosity.

Serious, organized, professional. That sword is interesting, though.

{ - He seems rather nice. Though your assessment is pretty close to what I was thinking as well. - }

"Work in the medical field?" Chance asked, as the sword slammed into his leg. He staggered sideways, almost dropping to his knees, but thrust the end of his bow into the grass and used it to propel himself back up and keep his balance.

"And both, I suppose," he added, with a slight smile, as he yanked the bow back out of the dirt and brushed off the tip. "I'm from Detroit. It's not really the safest area, I guess you could say, but neither is anywhere else, if you think about it."

He strung an arrow, notched it, and fired, all within quick succession - and thankfully, this time, it managed to hit, the arrow leaving the wire with a sharp twang.

HP: 29
DMG: 5

enoh love

Enoh Love rolled 2 10-sided dice: 3, 9 Total: 12 (2-20)
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:40 pm
If he noticed the amused look, he didn't comment on it.

"Something like that, yes." He admitted; medical was likely as close as anyone would get without being exact about it. It was his time to back off for a moment, to let Chance get to his feet before they resumed; getting used to the bow was the goal here, not an all out battle, at least for now.

"I've never been there. Heard about it." Which was where he left that, because he heard plenty of bad about it, on top of it being in the media here and there for various reasons. "Needing to carry concealed weapons suggests the place is less safe than most." It was a mused comment, something that he was pondering over, not entirely an argument to the other man's comment.

The arrow was enough to make him focus again, although he was too late to knock it out of the way. It hit him in the shoulder, enough to make him grunt but not yet enough to make it a serious injury - again, thanks to Wilhelm.

"Nice shot." He complimented, remembering to smile to back it up, before bursting forward again, this time aiming for one of Chance's arms.

HP: 45
Damage: 6 ( -suspicious stare at Ripley- )

kuroopu

Enoh Love

kuropeco rolled 2 8-sided dice: 6, 1 Total: 7 (2-16)

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:32 pm
Chance appreciated Ripley's candor, even if the other man was clearly a man of few words. Everything was short, to the point, and almost clipped; and had Chance been less casual about everything, he might have been offended at the brusque tone that was currently being directed at him. But seeing as how he was used to much worse than this, he took it in stride instead, clearly unconcerned.

"It's certainly a fun place for the press to get their claws into," said Chance with a small laugh. "Lots of fights, lots of gangs, lots of a lot of things. But you're probably right. I didn't carry much around except an old pocketknife I stole from a store when I was a kid, but that was good enough for me."

Ripley gave him a moment's reprieve before swinging again, the blade connecting with Chance's arm and sending reverberations up and down his entire side. He nearly dropped the bow, fingers fumbling on the icy weapon, but managed to wrap them around the metal before he did, Chance dragging it upwards again and restringing it.

"Thanks," he said cheerfully. "You seem pretty experienced in fighting."

HP: 23
DMG: 1 suspicious look at ripley AND chance B|a

enoh love

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items