Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Deus Ex Machina, a humble training facility located on a remote island. 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities
[1v1] The Mystery Gang (Dawson vs Chance + Abbi) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
medigel rolled 2 8-sided dice: 5, 5 Total: 10 (2-16)

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:39 am
"Oh." The more you know...? He thought it was a little weird, personally; then again, apparently his partner was a girl but still gave him mental images of having a big mane like a dude lion. Dawson was pretty sure Halloween was just all sorts of weird.

That's the way! Syn growled with delight. One more, my sweet cub, just a little more Fear.

Dawson counted himself lucky he didn't skid on the grass as he turned. Face screwed up in concentration, he carried his momentum forward into another charge. At least even without a sword, Syntyche's face was great for bashing.

Nevertheless, he still yelped a little, "Sorry!"

hp: 39
damage: 4
charge: 3/3

kuroopu

AyeAvast

kuropeco rolled 2 8-sided dice: 7, 2 Total: 9 (2-16)
PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:09 am
Dawson's oh made Chance laugh a little as he pivoted on the grass, already dragging another arrow into place on the bow. "Halloween creatures are a delightful mystery to me," he said lightly as he restrung the bow, and Asher said something about that being a good thing.

The shield was propelled into him a second time, this time knocking him off balance enough that Chance nearly dropped the bow. He grappled with it, dragging it back up, and gripped the arrow.

"Don't apologize," he said easily, flashing Dawson a smile, and the arrow zinged forward, directed towards the other man's leg. "This is a spar, after all; we're both learning, aren't we?"

HP: 33
DMG: 3

medigel

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

medigel rolled 1 4-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-4)

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:14 am
"Y-Yeah..." He was starting to not like those cold arrows one bit, like forcing pointy ice cubes through his jeans. Dawson stumbled and brought his charge to a halt for the moment before the weight of the shield sent him tumbling on top of that.

Syn felt insistent, though. The shield seemed to come alive like fire, and before the trainee knew it, a thin plume of flame had snaked up his arm and over his body. Startled, he nearly dropped his weapon.

Do not worry~ This is a protective measure against those pesky arrows.

"Uh...S'it s'posed t'do that...?"

T2 Barrier in effect!: 10/10 (2 turns)
hp: 36
damage: 0
charge: 0/3

kuroopu

kuropeco rolled 2 8-sided dice: 6, 1 Total: 7 (2-16)
PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:00 pm
That was something new. Chance eyed the flame with curiosity, his eyes following the line it made around Dawson's body. "How interesting," he said, actually meaning it, and Asher made a noise of intrigue in his head. Chance strung another arrow, pressing his lips together thoughtfully.

"I assume that's some sort of...protective thing?" he asked, tilting his head a little as he loosed another arrow in the other man's direction.

HP: 33
DMG: 1

medigel

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

medigel rolled 2 8-sided dice: 7, 4 Total: 11 (2-16)

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:52 pm
Dawson recoiled as the arrow flew at him, but it literally melted inches from his skin thanks to the new addition to his shield. He blinked owlishly while his partner purred in satisfaction. "Ah guess so!" he said with obvious relief. "She says it's n'extra barrier? Mahty kind've her..."

Feeling a little more confident while it was up, the man hefted his shield and lunged for Chance again with another swing.

T2 Barrier in effect!: 9/10 (1 turn)
damage: 5
charge: 1/3

kuroopu

kuropeco rolled 2 8-sided dice: 7, 6 Total: 13 (2-16)
PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:51 pm
"Barrier, eh?" said Chance, and stumbled back again at the force of the shield, his feet sliding in the grass and sending him skidding about a foot. He dragged himself right again, and took a breath, readjusting his footing to prepare for the next blow.

"This is pretty exciting, don't you think? We're fighting with weapons that used to be creatures, that's fascinating."

He loosed another arrow, which zinged towards Dawson's arm.

HP: 28
DMG: 7

medigel

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

medigel rolled 2 8-sided dice: 7, 1 Total: 8 (2-16)

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:01 pm
He winced and raised his shield as the arrow came up, ducking again. He heard a dull metallic plink this time just before it evaporated. "Ah guess, yeah..." Dawson had only been at Deus for less than a week. He was still getting used to the fact that he had one person with three different voices in his head, let alone the fact that she was a physical weapon that used to be a living creature. Half of the island still didn't make sense to him, and it'd be a long while still before he understood even the basics.

Hopefully he didn't look too slow. Or too disappointed when the comforting warmth of whatever Syn had did faded away. Dawson lost his confidence in the next swing.

"S'a lot t'take in, y'know? Things bein' real that ain't got a right to," he added. "How long've you been here?"

T2 Barrier in effect!: 2/10 (0 turns; dissipated now!)
damage: 2
charge: 2/3

kuroopu

kuropeco rolled 2 8-sided dice: 6, 8 Total: 14 (2-16)
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:53 pm
Chance had found, strangely enough, that it was easy to get used to having a second voice in his head. Odd as it may have been, it felt natural to him, the weapon's voice smooth and calm as it sifted through his thoughts. He was still getting used to the actual bow and arrow, but the Asher themselves were pleasant enough to keep him practicing.

"It's pretty crazy, I'll give you that," said Chance with a smile. "Sometimes I wake up and forget where I am and it takes me a bit to remember, and I've been here maybe a month now, give or take a week or so."

He let go of the bowstring; it snapped forward and the arrow whistled toward Dawson with a satisfying displacement of air.

HP: 26
DMG: 8

medigel

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

medigel rolled 2 8-sided dice: 3, 1 Total: 4 (2-16)

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:03 pm
This time there was no shield to stop the crisp bite into his leg. Dawson yelped, staggered, and tumbled to the ground. It was definitely fear of getting hit again more than what little training he had so far that got him back on his feet, wide-eyed and apprehensive from behind his shield.

Was it too late yet to say uncle?

(Think of the dinner, Dawson, think of the free food.)

"S'it get any easier?"

hp: 28
damage: 2spoopy
charge: 2/3

kuroopu

kuropeco rolled 2 8-sided dice: 6, 1 Total: 7 (2-16)
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 2:27 pm
He paused momentarily, secretly relishing the fact that the arrow had hit its target rather precisely. Chance drew another out of thin air and notched it carefully into place, tugging experimentally at the wire to make sure that it was steadied properly.

"Not sure," he said, casting a glance at Dawson and smiling slightly. "I guess that depends on what your definition of easy is and what your definition of hard is."

A fraction of a second pause for the unintentional pun and then he continued lightly, his arrow only grazing the other man this time, "I find that if I just do what I'm supposed to, it's not so bad. I like to think I'm pretty relaxed, though."

HP: 26
DMG: 1 SPOOPY

medigel

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

medigel rolled 2 8-sided dice: 1, 8 Total: 9 (2-16)

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:48 am
Dawson moved at a creeping pace towards him, visibly shaky now that he had a better idea of how much those arrows could hurt. His knee still felt cold even though the thing wasn't stuck through his pants anymore, a chilly reminder to always keep his guard up.

Do What You're Told, Chance said. He was good at that, even if he didn't want to do some things. Like fight. He peeked over the top of his shield and agreed with a simple, "Yeah..."

Fella was still too relaxed, though, for a combatant. Dawson didn't know what to make of him and his weird smiles.

"Dunno what part's easy yet, but, uh, gettin' used to the weight's kinda hard..." When the next arrow grazed his shield, he put on sudden speed like it was the sound of a gunshot before a race. Dawson swung lower this time, trying to catch the Sun's legs on Syn's spikes.

hp: 27
damage: 3

kuroopu

kuropeco rolled 2 8-sided dice: 4, 3 Total: 7 (2-16)
PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:04 pm
Unfortunately for Dawson, Chance really didn't feel any regret about shooting him, even though he probably should have. Mostly he just felt a certain sense of pride that he was able to keep up as well as he was, and that he wasn't floundering around uselessly.

The shield slammed into Chance's side and he stumbled sideways, catching his balance at the last second. His left leg tingling from impact, he dragged the bow upwards and restrung it quickly, fingers sliding around the icy arrow that he almost dropped before letting go.

"Mine isn't that heavy," he said, with a slight frown at the bow, and Chance gave a little shrug as the frown slid into a mild smile. "But it is kind of hard to navigate sometimes; more awkward than anything else."

HP: 23
DMG: 1 omg

medigel

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

medigel rolled 2 8-sided dice: 2, 8 Total: 10 (2-16)

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:07 pm
"Well, yeah, you gotta bow made'a ice," Dawson pointed out with an uneasy chuckle. And it hurt. "Ain't gonna weigh much." He wondered if it was cool to the touch or not, or how Chance avoided getting frostbite. Maybe it was like that one episode of Pokemon with the Ponyta whose flames didn't hurt anyone unless it wanted it to?

Pursing his lips in concentration, he swung wide again past the arrow, hoping and hoping his good luck was coming back even without the shield. "How's that's work anyway?" he had to ask. "I mean, uh, arrows n' all. Y'just pull it back n' they come out or...?"

hp: 26
damage: 4

xxkuroopu

AyeAvast
so you can find it easier should abbi want to comment~

kuropeco rolled 2 8-sided dice: 1, 7 Total: 8 (2-16)
PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:44 pm
He laughed.

"Hey, ice can be heavy," said Chance with amusement, the shield connecting with his other side this time, sending a ringing sensation up and down his entire body. He slid a little in the grass, casting a quick look in Abbi's direction before he turned his attention back to Dawson and firing off another arrow.

"I'm not entirely sure, really," said Chance musingly, as he looked down at the weapon curiously. "I can't do it when Asher's not summoned - believe me, I tried. But when I summon them, if I put my hand near enough to the bow, and kind of just...pull on the string, an arrow appears. It's pretty nifty."

He tugged experimentally on the bowstring, and, as though confirming what he'd already said, an arrow appeared in place, cool to the touch.

HP: 19
DMG: 2

medigel

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

AyeAvast

Sparkly Bunny

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:45 pm
They were not paying attention to her, so in retaliation Abbi was not paying attention to them.
Actually, that wasn't totally true. She'd watched for a few minutes but when she wasn't in ear shot of every word grew a bit listless and had drifted toward her phone. Twitter had been her first means of distraction, but there was only so much she could bother to read before that also reached its limit. A few messages had been sent to various people (certainly emoji filled texts sent to both the men currently battling because hey it would be funny), and eventually the teen lapsed into trying to take a selfie. When that failed to hold her attention she looked back to the battle.

Wide eyes blinked rapidly as she tried to figure out if either of them looked winded or hurt and couldn't come to a conclusion. Instead, she shot a hand into the air.
"Either of you want a heal or some defending?" Otherwise she was just going to find a stick to doodle in the dirt.

kuroopu
medigel

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas