Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Deus Ex Machina, a humble training facility located on a remote island. 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities
[1v1] The Mystery Gang (Dawson vs Chance + Abbi) Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

AyeAvast

Sparkly Bunny

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 9:26 pm
Feeling very much as though someone should get the joke "Senpai noticed you", Abbi texted the two men a time and a place and made her way there. Because she was nosey she felt it perfectly alright to watch the spar she had orchestrated, it was her grand idea after all. But because she was opportunistic (with just a pinch of actual sweetness) she wanted to join just in case one of them hurt themselves. New shiny sharp weapons always carried the caveat of being incredibly dangerous and it would be the absolute worst if either of Abbi's new kouhai's hurt themselves!
...And she wasn't around to heal them...
Was there a measurement smaller than a pinch?

Regardless the girl arrived first and found a small pile of dummies in the middle of her training ring. Sure she could chose another, but those were not the one she wanted so she set about trying to carry them off. Which was something she'd always been bad at.
"I'm torn, Vivi." Abbi growled as she drug one dummy from the ring. "These stupid things are so stinkin' heavy, which means little ol' me can't move them well. Right?" The dummy fell just outside the ring and that was good enough for her.
"But if they're not heavy enough, then they're too easy to fight."
{ An' ah care... Why? }
"Because I do."
The ghost frowned and Abbi grinned because she had won, at least against her headmate. Against the three remaining dummies, well that was another matter.

medigel
look at this stupid tag
kuroopu
wow good job me

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:19 pm
Dawson huffed and wheezed his way onto the field ten minutes after Clipb--er, Abbi's text had been received. He could hope he wasn't late...And it didn't seem like it. Awesome! He fistpumped on the inside. Always good to keep leaving Good Impressions on Cute Girls.

Which...he supposed a panting, hair askew dude was not. Dawson quickly tried to pat his mop down and greeted Abbi with a big smile. "'Lo there." He glanced at the dummies; looked like they were going to have a little audience, huh...

Being a Gentleman of Good Manners, he grabbed another dummy to help out and began dragging it with some difficulty out of the circle he assumed they would be using.

AyeAvast

kuroopu

medigel

Anxious Spirit

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:37 am
Chance hadn't responded to Abbi's text except with a single smiley face to indicate that he'd gotten the message. Dressed in a pair of worn jeans, dark ankle boots, and a long-sleeved white shirt beneath an artfully ripped turquoise V-neck, he made his way down to the training field with his hands stuck in his pockets and a vacant smile on his face.

The other two were already there. Chance raised his eyebrows.

"Hey," he said, by way of greeting, lifting a hand briefly before sticking it back into his pockets. "What are we doing, having a moving party before we start the actual party?"

He supposed he should be helping, so, without much further adieu, Chance stepped over, wrapped his hands around one of the dummies, and began tugging it out of the ring, Asher making sounds of amusement inside of his head.

"I'm Chance, by the way," he said to the guy. "And I assume you know Abbi already."

(He really did look like Shaggy.)

medigel

ayeavast

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:33 pm
The panting she hears first, which surprises her because she didn't think it was that long a trip from wherever either of the boys were to here, but Abbi doesn't really care. She only whirls around with a bright smile of greeting.
"Hello lello!" She chirps before she skips over to Dawson, hops to a standstill in front of him and waves excitedly. "Glad you could make it! This'll be fun-fun-fun, promise!"
The teen rocks back on her heels with a smile, curious to see if Dawson will say anything more than he did the last time. When he doesn't, but does move to help, Abbi laughs and scurries after him to pick up the end of the dummy he's chosen to move. (She's moved no others beyond the first one and there are still three left so she ought to help even a little.)
"You been settlin' into Deus ok?" Her question isn't so much asked as wheezed because the dummy is still heavy, even with another person assisting.

Quiet after, mostly, beyond a frustrated noise here and there, Abbi doesn't litter her friend with the slew of questions she's thinking mostly because she knows he's so quiet. The silence at least helps her hear Chance approach, which causes the teen to drop her side of the dummy and bolt off toward the man.
"What's with you and parties?" Same as before she hops to a stop in front of him to wave, but gives the man a more playful grin. "Our Haunted House bash not do it for ya, Bones?" Abbi sticks out her tongue and rushes off, making it only halfway back to Dawson before she twirls on her heel to once again stop. A dramatic point toward Chance is given after he introduces himself.
"Chance Bones! Sun! Cool, Mysterious Type!" Next she whirled to point at Dawson. "Dawson Grace! Ummm ohmigosh what division did you get put into? Sweet, Quiet type!"

With a clap of her hands she is done and bounces her gaze between the two.
"And you both know me!" Obviously she was very proud of organizing such a fight and expected nice compliments on her winning personality or adorable looks or even how wonderfully she pulled off shorts and thigh highs. Ahhh yes, that would be perfect.

medigel
look I can be part of the
kuroopu
itty bitty font committee too!!

AyeAvast

Sparkly Bunny

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:28 pm
"Uhh..." He nodded hesitantly in response to Abbi's question. Settling, yes, but it wasn't quite ok. His room was a little too frightening still to get a good night's rest in. At least the people he had been meeting so far were pretty nice.

Dawson managed fine with the dummy even as Abbi abandoned him to go greet his battle partner, who was kinda tall and had a cool name and who did seem to fit Abbi's categorization. If the guy didn't have such a dreamy look in his eyes, he would've imagined someone like...an ex-con. Or a really rich mobster. Name's Bones, and I'll make him an offer he can't refuse.

Now that he was properly psyching himself out about Chance before saying a dang word to him, Dawson gave a nervous little smile and nodded as well to his question. It all felt a little off kilter to him, arranging fights so casually. The few that he had gotten into had all involved alcohol, fists, and a little spontaneity. Here he was with no real battle experience otherwise, stuck with a shield that, while indeed having a Really Scary Face, felt more like an oversized paperweight on his arm.

Syn didn't share his doubts. He could feel his partner do what he could only describe as the mental equivalent to stretching and sharpening her claws.

Less to show off and more to calm his nerves, Dawson grabbed the arms of the remaining two dummies and began to drag them away with obvious difficulty. "Moon, ma'am," he told Abbi, flushing with pleasure. Sweet and Quiet. "So, uh...how we gonna do this?"

kuroopu

AyeAvast

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:36 pm
They at least managed to move the dummies out of the way. Chance whistled a little as he worked, dragging a second one out of the ring and tossing it carelessly alongside the others. He clapped his hands together, wiping off some of the dirt and dust and smiled in Abbi's direction.

"Parties are fun," he said easily. "And I'm not so sure about the cool mysterious type, whatever that means."

His tone of voice was slightly exasperated, but lacked annoyance, and Abbi and Dawson were both given mildly amused looks as Chance stretched out his arms, twisting from left to right to work out some of the tenser muscles in his torso. He was taller than Dawson, but Dawson was broader and thicker (and harrier), which meant that they were probably around the same page when it came to skills.

"Well, Abbi's the teacher," said Chance lightly, gesturing in her direction. "Got any instructions for us, teach?"

medigel

ayeavast

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

AyeAvast

Sparkly Bunny

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:13 pm
Had there been any mention of rooms and how terrifying they were to Dawson the conversation might have gone differently, but Abbi is a dreadfully distracted person and doesn't even think to ask. Much too busy rushing over toward and dancing around his person in the best of making him move toward his battle partner without touching him as possible, Abbi finally gave in and tugged on the smaller man's arm the slightest before she ran off back toward Chance.
"It means exactly what it sounds like it means." She told him with a finger that pointed under his chin but moved around to the edge of his shoulder a she ran right up to him but only rushed in a close circle around his person.
She definitely wasn't watching either of them intently when they stretched and flexed to move the dummies. Nope not Abbi.

An excited gasp left her when Dawson mentioned Moon and the girl switched to a hip wiggle.
"Wow, really?! You're in my Division! We can sit together during meetings this is gonna be THE BEST!" She chirped, practically giving an honest 'squee' of delight.
As for being labeled the teacher, Abbi once more rushed Chance to stop too close under him and shove a finger at him.
"Told ya before, don't call me 'teacher'! If anything I'm your senpai! But I expect better, Bones!" A wrinkle of nose and quick poke to his chest is all he gets before the girl is backing up, tripping over her own feet to stop and gesture between them.
"Basically, just fight each other like normal! Lemme know if you're starting to get worn down and I'll run heals on ya." Pretty simple all in all.
She batted her eyelashes at both of them, still waiting for her praise. When none arrived she sighed in a staccato manner before she traipsed toward the edge of the arena.

"No KO's on my watch either." That was the closest to a gruff order she was able to give. "Winner gets... I-D-K. Dinner with me or somethin', decide between yourselves. But someone has to go first. Any takers?"

medigel
kuroopu

medigel rolled 1 20-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-20)
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:28 pm
Moon meetings together? Aww yeah. Meant being just that little less awkward in public!

Only when the ring was completely clear did Dawson follow her tugs and turned to face Chance proper. Yup, definitely a secretly mobster guy. Look at that face. It was too calm. He gulped as his smile left him.

Dawson wasn't entirely sure how Abbi was their teacher or sendpie (???) since she barely looked out of high school, but he knew better than to question She of the Mighty Clipboard and Cute Face and Batting eyelashes oh h-hello. Plus she had been pretty knowledgeable, and being of his division she was an obvious candidate for getting mentored. Now if he could just scrape through one fight without looking too much like a screwup...He wanted that dinner date.

Putting on his brave face (which looked more like his pitiful please don't hurt me face), he summoned his weapon and was glad he didn't tip over. Not entirely sure what stance to take when he was armed with just that and no sword (seriously?), Dawson just set his feet apart. "He can," he offered. "Don' really know what m'doin' yet."

No KOs. Just fight like normal. Yeah. Sure. Easy as pie.

kuroopu

AyeAvast

medigel

Anxious Spirit

kuropeco rolled 1 20-sided dice: 6 Total: 6 (1-20)

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:02 am
(ROLLINGU)  
kuropeco rolled 2 8-sided dice: 2, 5 Total: 7 (2-16)
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:03 am
Abbi was...well, Abbi, and as enthusiastic as ever. Chance couldn't help the look of mild amusement on his face, the corners of his lips quirking upwards, just a little, and he rolled his eyes, reaching up a hand to run it through his hair.

"I don't have any idea what senpachi even means," he said dryly. "Is that some sort of sub-teacher thing?"

But she had already bounced away, and Chance slid his other hand out of his pocket, already starting to summon Asher, who appeared with a small gust of cold, displaced air. The icy blue bow was turned a little as Chance tugged an arrow out of thin air and slid it into the proper place, notching it in the middle of the bow.

"So basically we fight, we squabble, winner gets a chicken dinner," said Chance easily, flashing a smile in Dawson's direction. "Sounds good to me. I never pass up a chance for good food. Or at least," he amended, with a shrug of his shoulders. "Food that doesn't come from a plastic MRE bag."

Dawson had a shield, which was pretty impressive looking. Chance let out a low whistle.

"I like your weapon," he said cheerfully. "And if you're sure, then..."

He pulled back on the bowstring, aimed in the other man's direction, and fired without so much of a blink of an eye.

HP: 40
DMG: 1 look at that skill

medigel

ayeavast

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

medigel rolled 1 6-sided dice: 6 Total: 6 (1-6)

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:03 am
Dawson barely had time to lift his arm before the arrow whisked past him, leaving a much too chilly trail on his skin where it had been nicked. Oh, good, the guy wouldn't even have to get close to skewer him, and he could freeze him. Great. Awesome.

You worry too much, Syn purred. You are protected.

Easy for her to say. She wasn't the one who had made that unmanly yelp, backed away, and cowered behind the shield. "J-Jinkies...Ah, uh...Yer bow's pretty?" Dawson replied uncertainly.

hp: 39
defense: 6
charge: 0/3

kuroopu
we can continue without quoting Aye until we need her~ she'll let Abbi comment

kuropeco rolled 2 8-sided dice: 6, 4 Total: 10 (2-16)
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:03 am
"Waste not, want not," said Chance good-naturedly, as he lowered the bow, just a little, flashing Dawson what might have been an attempt at an encouraging smile but came off as vague and unhelpful as ever. He looped another arrow into his bow and pulled the string back.

"Thanks," he said, as Asher made a noncommittal sound of agreement. "They're pretty pleased you think so too."

The second arrow whistled towards Dawson, but bounced off the shield and dissipated a second later as it flopped into the grass.

HP: 40
DMG: 0

medigel

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

medigel rolled 2 8-sided dice: 8, 1 Total: 9 (2-16)

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:31 am
That guy really needed lessons on smiling. Rich mobsters could afford those, right?

"Uh, 'they'?" Dawson echoed confusedly, ducking further behind his shield until it was apparent that Chance was going to shoot him down so quickly. He was highly tempted to just stay behind Angry Face Shield, but that wouldn't make for a good fight...plus he wouldn't have a chance at dinner...Food was always a great motivator, especially the non-MRE kind.

With a grunt he picked himself up, hoisted the shield, and charged at the archer like he had a battering ram. The guy looked pretty skinny, so maybe if he could just toss him to the wind...

hp: 39
damage: 3
charge: 2/3

kuroopu

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:40 pm
"It means upper-classmen! Didn't you ever hear of manga? Sheesh!" But her admonishment is given with a grin, the girl sprightly in her step as she made her way over to the edge of the training circle. There wasn't much audience seating here so she picked the most logical spot: The pile of dummies.
Which meant Abbi had to precariously perch on them but hey it was better than the ground at least.

The men didn't wait for her to drop a handkerchief (not that she had one) or even yell start, but that was more or less alright by Abbi because it meant she got to check her phone while they made small talk. In the middle of writing a very funny tweet, the girl paused and looked up.
"Gender neutral!" She called out happily to Dawson. "Not all weapons prefer male or female pronouns! They used to be Halloweenies and they have preferences too!" Of course, that made them sound much nicer than they often could be but Abbi left that off since the boys were in the middle of a spar and too much information would be distracting.
She did wince when Dawson rammed Chance, shrinking back and making a mental note not to ever tussle with the Country Man.

medigel
kuroopu

AyeAvast

Sparkly Bunny

kuropeco rolled 2 8-sided dice: 2, 1 Total: 3 (2-16)

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:52 am
"Ah," said Chance with a slight smile. "They, as in Ace, my weapon. They're not really male or female, so proper pronoun usage is a must for good communication between people, right? Sometimes they feel more male, sometimes they feel more female, but Ace's told me that that's what pronouns they prefer."

{ - Thank you. - } said Asher, sounding pleased at both Chance's statements and Abbi's acute observation of his weapon.

The shield slammed into him, making him skid backwards several inches. Chance let out a grunt of surprise and twisted sideways, out of range, stumbling a little as he tried to regain his footing. "Never actually read any manga," he said to Abbi, tilting his head in her direction. "We stocked it at the place I worked, but it wasn't ever anything I was into, really.

HP: 37
DMG: 0 DOIN GR8 CHANCE DOIN GR8

medigel

ayeavast

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items