Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Puhterodactyl

Ghostly Friend

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:52 pm
User Image

The moody, dark lioness prowled through the Stormborn outer lands, pacing a cliffside. She was waiting for a certain orange and black lion to appear, but it had been some time since they'd met, she was getting nervous. The first time they'd met was here, when she was looking over the edge and contemplating it. She threw a look over her shoulder, and another over the cliff.

Kifuani resumed pacing. She would never have expected anyone else to find her there.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:58 pm
HYLINN

Hylinn was pissed. Absolutely, totally, and supremely pissed off. All the adults were going off on a viking and for some reason he had been left behind. He was old enough, damnit! Not to mention anyone who spoke to him for more than a few minutes knew that he wanted to be a Reaver, and wanted to start working his way up through the ranks as soon as possible.

Having been told to go be angry somewhere else, he was now heading for the cliffs. Maybe he'd find some small animals to throw off of them. The thought of maiming and killing small, helpless creatures did take the edge off of some of his bloodlust.

Unfortunately, there was someone already there. An older lioness, an adult. No one he knew.

"What the hell are you doing here?" he demanded. After all, he wanted some privacy. Or some bloodshed. Huh. Maybe this could work out after all.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Puhterodactyl

Ghostly Friend

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:12 pm
Kifuani was not used to being talked to like that. She furrowed her brows and made a face at him. Her whole posture said 'you've got to be kidding me.' Not very Thrall-appropriate, probably.

"I was waiting for someone," she shorted and turned back to the water.

"Not you," she said to the sea.

She didn't know what had drawn this male to the cliff. Maybe it was a more popular spot than she imagined. She sat down, her back to Hylinn. If anything in her time as a thrall, she had figured that she didn't have to offer any information that wasn't specifically asked for. So she didn't feel like he had to let him know she was a Thrall. His attitude seemed to say quite plainly that he was not one.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 5:45 pm
The adolescent frowned. Waiting for someone? Well, he supposed this place was private enough for an assignation or something, but he couldn't think of a better place to go at the moment and just because there was someone already here didn't mean he couldn't kick her out.

No, Hylinn had no idea what rank the lioness held, but he didn't really care. If she was a Thrall, she'd give way to him in the end. Freeborn, the same, but not as easily. Reaver and above would probably be impressed by his attitude, he thought smugly.

"I think that's a crock of s**t," he returned in an almost pleasant tone, that didn't quite hide his aggression. "You're just making that up in order to make me go away." The navy male's posture and attitude silently challenged her.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Puhterodactyl

Ghostly Friend

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:50 pm
She half-turned her head over her shoulder.

"Crock of s**t? Oh, you think I was waiting for you? Hmm? Oh, you think I want to make you go away?"

Kifuani sighed, looking back to the sea before sitting further back on her haunches, slightly more angled at Hylinn. She shrugged, dismissing his posture.

"Frankly, I don't really care what you do. The one I was hoping to see isn't even here yet. I suppose you can play around until he gets here."

Kfiuani was quite skilled at staying under the radar of the nastier freeborn and reavers. It made her brash and bold and rude to those who she ought to respect or fear. But for so long she'd had to be strong for her weaker, more fearful mother. But she couldn't be mad at Chayah. She'd had a much more cruel upbringing at the paws of Kifuani's grandmother, Coeur. So despite Chayah's god-infused blood, she was still weak. Kifuani picked up that slack. It showed now, in front of Hylinn.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 9:46 am
Hmph. She was giving him attitude right back. But...seh wasn't trying to pull age or rank on him. So...she probably wasn't anyone super important to the pride. Well, if she was, he'd probably get reamed for not knowing her. SO she probably wasn't. But this was really not going as easily as he'd imagined.

Hylinn refused to be intimidated by some lioness who wasn't any higher in rank than he was. Didn't matter that she was an adult and he was just an adolscent - there were others his age who had already been on their first Vikings.

"You think I'm playing!?" he snarled, lashing out with a pawful of claws. The blow was wild, borne more of frustration than precision.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Puhterodactyl

Ghostly Friend

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:54 pm
Kifuani never would have guessed some adolescent would take a swipe at her because he was having a little temper tantrum, so the blow took her wholly by surprise. It just caught her shoulder and spun her around, the impact more paw than claw. But her proximity to the cliff face made any uncalculated movement quite perilous. She stumbled to regain more solid footing and her white eyes grew wide at the nearing cliff and sea. She caught herself as one foot grazed the abyss and she wheeled around, circling Hylinn to put him between her and imminent death.

Panting from the adrenaline rush, she narrowed her eyes and raised her head high. "Were you trying to kill me?!"

She bared her teeth in a snarl and took on a more menacing posture, like she was facing an abandoned baby impala, instead of a dangerous adolescent viking. "If you were, you'd better not fail a second time."  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 2:42 pm
To be honest, Hylinn, hadn't expected to score on the lioness. Any Reaver or higher would have had the experience to see it coming and the skill to get out of the way. Which meant...Freeborn or Thrall. Which wasn't really surprising, as there seemed to be a whole generation of lionesses who weren't ranked any higher. Something about the old Warlord. But who honestly cared about that?

"No," he muttered, watching her move. He didn't mean to almost push her off the cliff...in fact, her almost falling to her death had jolted him out of his mood, for the most part. Not that he'd admit it.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Puhterodactyl

Ghostly Friend

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 4:43 pm
As Kifuani panted and glared, she noticed he almost seen as shaken up and scared as she was. She hid her fangs, though her nose was still crinkled with anger. Still bristling, she took a step back from the male. How irritating. The dark lioness took a deep breath and straightened up, her eyes still cold and wary.

"Well then next time think about your actions before making them. If you might kill someone you'd better be sure you'll succeed or not fail," she said, turning away from him again.

"I think that's enough playing for today. Why don't you go back to the main pride and leave me to wait for whom I want."

Geeze, what was taking Calder so long?!  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 5:04 pm
Hylinn hated feeling like a cub, hated being reminded that he was not yet considered an adult. It was the worst part of adolescence. She was right, somewhat, about thinking before he acted. It was something his instructors seemed to say a lot.

But being dismissed? That really grated to his nerves. However, this lioness, rank still unconfirmed, though it was clearly no higher than his own, was clearly more than was worth his tangling with.

So he didn't bother replying as he stalked off. Maybe he'd just curl up somewhere and sleep for a while. Then no one would bother him.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

[IC] Myrsky Syntynyt Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces