Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Deus Ex Machina, a humble training facility located on a remote island. 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities
[1v1] Out With the Old (Chance & Peyton) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
kuropeco rolled 1 20-sided dice: 20 Total: 20 (1-20)

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:59 pm
When he arrived at the training fields, a few minutes later, it was to find he was alone. Chance wasn't quite certain what Peyton Creedy looked like, other than the pale blonde hair seen in her Twitter picture, but since the fields were devoid of anyone else other than himself, it didn't really make a difference.

So he stood there, dressed in a pair of dark wash jeans and a long-sleeved green shirt over a white collared teeshirt, hands in his pockets, looking as calm and disinterested as ever as he meandered around, glancing down at the training field dummies and then back at the buildings again.

beejoux

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:20 pm
Peyton was seldom what people expected. Petite, dainty in appearance, she didn't fit the usual look for a Sun, but anyone that had ever faced off against her knew she was exactly where she belonged, division wise.

She arrived on the training field a little over five minutes after Chance, though since she only had a twitter picture to go by, she had to assume the young man standing solo out on the grass was him. "Hey!" Hand up, she waved as she walked quickly over.

Her coat had been left in her room, she hated the idea of getting it dirty if she didn't have to. Leggings raced up short legs, dark, with a skeletal pattern done in vivid maroon and green. The t-shirt she wear was a size too big, hanging low off one shoulder, but the thick straps of a tank top could be seen beside the paler lines of the scar that marked tanned flesh.

"You're Chance, right? I'm Peyton. It's nice to meet you, welcome to Deus, and Sun."

kuroopu

Beejoux

Wrathful Demigod

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:34 pm
His first thought was that she was a good several inches shorter than him - in fact, she was nearing an entire foot shorter, which was somewhat amusing, a faint smile sliding onto Chance's face as he turned to look at her, hands still tucked into the pockets of his jeans. He wasn't wearing his coat either (it was currently draped over the back of his chair in his room), and the snowflake shaped pin was clearly visible on the neckline of his shirt.

"Hey," he said, withdrawing a hand from a pocket and lifting in in a brief greeting. "Yeah, I'm Chance; thanks for the welcome, it's still taking a bit of getting used to, but, well, you know."

Raking a hand through his black curls, Chance lowered it to his side again and turned his full attention to - or rather, down to - Peyton, eyebrows raised, an expression of mild interest on his pale face. The little silver snowflake on his shirt glowed a faint blue and then dissipated, reforming a moment later as a curling, icy blue bow that he wrapped his fingers around.

"So tell me about the Sun Division," he said lightly. "I haven't been told much, except that we're on the front line."

beejoux

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:22 pm
She did know, and she nodded, smiling. Waking up in a strange place, no memory of how you got there. It was a lot to take in! Toss in the fact that they were expected to believe off hand that monsters and crazy s**t was not only real, but an enemy they actively fought against, and, well...

A blink of pale eyes took in the bow as it appeared in his hand, and she gave a low whistle as she stepped around to give it a proper look. "That's a pretty weapon. It looks like ice." She was temped to touch, curious if it was as cold as it looked, but she resisted, chuckling at the low grumble Warrick emitted.

"Well that's the gist of it, being on the front line. We're the shock troupes, or supportive offensive, depending on skill, desire, and weapon." Pey took a step back, and with a grin, she summoned Warrick's twin daggers, tossing one up in a practice spin before snatching it out of the air.

"It's our job to inflict the most damage, and to draw attention off the rest of the team, so they can do their jobs. Moon, or sometimes mist, support us most often. They're defensive, or their weapon has healing abilities." She rocked back on her heels. "It's a good idea to make nice nice with a moon or mist, so you have a go to partner for missions."

kuroopu

Beejoux

Wrathful Demigod

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:12 pm
He smiled a little, though it didn't quite meet his eyes. "They're a frost demon," said Chance, indicating the bow. "Name of Asher, but I call them Ace. That's probably why it looks they way it does, former species and all; I've been told, at least, that that's how it works."

It wasn't cold, at least not to Chance, who found the cool temperature of the weapon reassuring and familiar already. He tapped a thumb against the side of it and listened as Peyton talked, giving little nods after each sentence and carefully sorting the information into place.

"Ah," he said, "Right. The...Eclipse team, isn't it?"

(He could hear Finn's voice in his head:

"Sounds like I'll be watching your a** for you than. Moon and Sun pairings are pretty standard around here. They call it "Eclipse." He actually rolled his eye when he said the last, letting out a derisive snort.

"Eclipse sounds like a bad vampire movie or a cheesy horror one," said Chance mildly, shifting the bow again. "Syzygy means the straight configuration of the Sun, Moon, and technically Earth together, and it sounds a helluva lot better than Eclipse. Or, I suppose, if you wanted to go back to the roots, soluna works too.")

But he said none of this, merely gave Peyton a politely vague smile, though inwardly he was trying hard not to laugh. "Good to know. I've been told to do what I can to not make myself a 'useless lout,' so I'll have to get down to work then, right?"

beejoux

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:55 am
Frost demon definitely explained the icy look. Peyton nodded, bringing one of Warrick's daggers up between them. It was the left hand side, the one that still had the dainty links of a chain wrapped around it, lock dangling near the handle. It'd been there so long now the girl just didn't notice it anymore. "My partner is Warrick, a wrath demon. He's not as pretty to look at, but he's perfect for my combat style.

"And yes," she added brightly, grinning up at him. Eclipse team. We're the most efficient when we can put all our focus on an opponent, and leave defense to someone else."

She laughed at the lazy clout bit, curious as to who had said it. A few names came to mind.

"One of the biggest things that makes a great Sun is training. Everyday. That's our division duty, and it's very important." She paused, considering. "Is this your first spar?"

kuroopu

Beejoux

Wrathful Demigod

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 6:40 pm
He gave Peyton's smaller daggers a curious look, because they weren't standard daggers, but curved ones, one of which had a small chain dangling from its hilt. Chance made no mention of this, however, and simply smiled a little.

"Two demons against each other sounds pretty interesting," he said lightly. "And it looks like I still have to find myself a Moon, but I'm not really in any hurry just yet, seeing as how I'm still getting to know the place. I'll find someone when I find someone. Who's your partner, if you don't mind me asking?"

Chance laced an arrow into the bowstring and gave it an experimental tug. "Nah," he answered, without looking up, brows drawing together as he slid his fingers along the cold shaft of the arrow, still fixing it into its proper place. "Guy named Finn was kind enough to show me the ropes, and also some woman named Cee."

He lifted his brows, smiling at Peyton. "Shall we, then?"

beejoux

Beejoux rolled 1 20-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-20)
PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 4:33 pm
'I wouldn't rush it, finding a Moon. You'll know. It'll just click." The voice of experience. "America Jones is my Moon-wife." She chuckled at the title before clarifying. "She's my best friend, but we also happen to work really well together."

Finn and Cee providing an intro into combat took a little of the weight off her own shoulders, but Peyton had to admit, she was a little disappointed. It was always fun teaching the new trainees about heir shields and all the kick a** things they were now able to do with the aid of their weapons.

Ah well. Should still be fun.

"So do you want me to take it easy on you, defend a bunch so you can get in some practice? Or...?" Either way was fine with her. Offensive or defensive, both fell into line with her specialization.

kuroopu

Beejoux

Wrathful Demigod

kuropeco rolled 2 8-sided dice: 5, 8 Total: 13 (2-16)

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:12 pm
"I don't know an America, I don't think," said Chance musingly, tapping a finger against his chin. "The name's familiar though, I think I might've seen her talking on Twitter or something." He gave a laugh. "Though to be fair, I don't really pay much attention to anyone on Twitter, since most of the time it just seems like a whole lot of drama."

He tugged on the arrow, making sure it was correctly notched against the bow, and smiled at Peyton.

"You don't have to take it easy on me just because I'm new," Chance said lightly, as he raised the bow and aimed for Peyton's torso. The arrow left the string with a sharp twang, whistling across the field towards her. "Feel free to just come at me like you normally would."

HP: 40
DMG: 7

beejoux

Beejoux rolled 2 12-sided dice: 12, 5 Total: 17 (2-24)
PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:44 pm
"Don't worry, you'll meet her eventually. She's sort of all over." Peyton took a few steps back, daggers raised and ready. "She's good people."

Because she did have such a notable advantage over him she waited, giving him the the chance to throw the first stone, as it were, before charging in herself. The arrow nailed her right in the chest, a good solid blow that would have stung more had her shield not been previously untouched. "As you wish!"

That earned the new trainee a handful of brownies points. As a Sun, a little reckless bravery wasn't a bad thing.

Charging forward, she worked to close that distance between them quickly, to gain the advantage, because ranged weapons were a real pain in the a**. The first swipe of curved blade came in low, a shallow slice across his stomach. The second was higher, a downward hack from shoulder to hip.

HP: 53
DMG: 11
CHG: 1/3

kuroopu

Beejoux

Wrathful Demigod

kuropeco rolled 2 8-sided dice: 8, 2 Total: 10 (2-16)

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:58 pm
He didn't doubt that he'd see her eventually; Deus was too small of an island for people to keep apart from one another, at least from what he'd seen. "I look forward to it," he said lightly, and smiled.

His arrow was dead on, which was pleasing, considering he was still getting used to the weapon. Peyton, however, was a full hunter and much more experienced than he was in terms of sparring. Her weapon cut him across the stomach and then over his torso, sending a stinging sensation up and down his body.

"Those little daggers sure pack a punch," Chance said cheerfully. He pulled back on the bowstring and snapped off another arrow, this time aiming for one of Peyton's legs.

HP: 29
DMG: 4

beejoux

Beejoux rolled 2 12-sided dice: 2, 12 Total: 14 (2-24)
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 4:14 pm
He sure was in good spirits! It was refreshing. So many people on the island walked around in perpetual moodiness, it was nice to see someone that seemed a little more upbeat. And it set the mood for the fight. Not the all out brawls she had with Jack or Finn, but something fun, lighter, though still good training.

She grinned at his comment, chuckling as thin shoulders rose and fell in a quick shrug. "Sure do. They'd have to, given their size, or I'd be in trouble." It wasn't just the daggers, of course. The petite Sun was a lot stronger than she looked.

An arrow hit her thigh, and she gave a small hiss and wince, jerking to the side as she danced around him, looking for an opening. When she spotted one she darted in, pivoting on her heel to bring the blade of her dagger around for a deep stab at the side of his ribs.

HP: 49
DMG: 8
CHG: 2/3

kuroopu

Beejoux

Wrathful Demigod

kuropeco rolled 2 8-sided dice: 8, 6 Total: 14 (2-16)

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 9:41 pm
Chance reeled in another arrow, snapping it in place on the bowstring. "This weapon is still getting used to me using them and vice versa," he said, glancing at it with a fondness that didn't quite reach his eyes, though was subtly evident in his voice. "But I'm pretty pleased with them anyway, I just have to get used to closer combat with a long-range weapon."

Peyton swung towards him, and her blade caught the edge of his shirt on his torso, dragging a line across his ribs. Chance gave a little hiss of pain and hopped several feet backwards, slipping a little on the grass. With a sharp twang he released his hold on the arrow, and it whistled through the air towards the other hunter, a direct aim for her stomach.

"It's a lot harder to shoot someone up close when you have a bulky weapon, I've noticed."

HP: 21
DMG: 8

beejoux

Beejoux rolled 2 12-sided dice: 4, 7 Total: 11 (2-24)
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:00 pm
"The more you get used to each other, and the closer you become, the stronger your bond." Warrick gave a pleased rumble at the back of her mind, and she grinned. "And the better the perks. Faster healing, faster in general, stronger, more charges."

Truth be told, Peyton wasn't a huge fan of ranged weapons. They had their merit in combat, but head to head, it had been range weapons that had given her the most trouble. She tended to do better in more hand to hand brawls.

The shot to the stomach hit was unexpected force. It knocked the wind out of her, made her stagger back as hands folded over the point of impact. "Oh," she coughed, laughing as she straightened back up slowly. "I dunno about that. Think you're doing fine." s**t, that had stung. "Good hit."

She did not stay distracted for long, and was darting in again to deliver a quick slash to his bow arm with an upward swipe.

HP: 41
DMG: 5
CHG: 3/3

kuroopu

Beejoux

Wrathful Demigod

kuropeco rolled 2 8-sided dice: 5, 4 Total: 9 (2-16)

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 9:01 pm
"Well, I've already had the pleasure of using one of the golems to meet Ace here," Chance said with a smile, and inside of his head, Asher thrummed pleasantly, clearly pleased at the recollection. "They're a good sort of weapon, I think we're going to get along just fine.

{ I am glad you think so }

He'd managed to catch her in the stomach, which made a satisfied sort of smile creep onto Chance's face - but then Peyton was quick to recover, her fist catching along his arm. Reverberations from the blow tingled up and down his shoulder and all the way to his fingers, and he very nearly dropped the bow again.

"Why thanks," he said, and winked at Peyton. "I'm glad you think so, I'm definitely having fun here, I won't lie."

The next arrow wasn't shot so much as it was scraped awkwardly against the other's side, since Chance was having difficulty maneuvering the weapon when Peyton was up close and personal.

HP: 16
DMG: 3

beejoux

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out