Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Deus Ex Machina, a humble training facility located on a remote island. 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities
[DRP] Change Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 8 9 10 11 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

chiickadee

Princess Hoarder

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:27 am
Bandages

They finally say she doesn't need bandages now. Her head feels light without the weight. The life tech holds up a mirror, as though she is supposed to be proud of what she sees in the mirror.

What she sees is a set of scars and a listless face. Her blue has begun to fade from her hair, the green is still somewhat bright. Worse yet her blonde has begun to show through. Her face twists, wrinkles and creases taking the place of her scars and warping it beyond a recognizable expression.

She knows what Chel would say. She knows that she is still the rebellious, rambunctious person under the layers of torn skin, under the blue and even the blonde. "Get that s**t outta my face," is what she'd say. With a sassy grin probably too. Then she'd stand up and stretch, giving the life tech a noogie (really, the women and men that had attended her had the patience of saints) while thanking her, and she would leave. She would go slap Jack and clean up the plate in her room (because really, it was still sitting there...)

Yet instead, she nods and says, "Thanks." She leans on the sidebar of the bed with her elbow, hand in her chin while her fingers curl around the skin. The life tech drops the mirror because she knows it is useless.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:28 pm
Pretty

In preparation for the study they dress her in a white hospital gown. It is plain, a stain on one corner that reveals a past experimentation cannot be erased from it.

They at least grant her the privacy of undressing and dressing herself. Even as she removes the black shirt, she can see pink blue strands of hair being removed as it falls out. Only a few strands, she assures herself. When she removes her jeans, she can still see every seam of the fabric on her ghostly pale skin. She stares at the mirror, examining every crevice of what used to be her body. Her scars on her stomach and face flare an angry red, they are the first thing she sees, and is assured that others' eyes are pulled there as well. A trembling hand reaches to touch her ribs, which now gently protrude from her skin in an ugly sort of plea.

Tenebrae stirs in her mind, interested in actions, but lets her comment first.

I look like a horror movie. In her mind she can express such thoughts now. But she dares not speak them or allow them to be visible anymore.

< And? >

She doesn't have a response. She quickly pulls the white gown over her head, wanting to cover herself more than ever.

In the mirror is a girl in a white dress.

Nevada was wrong. It was not light pink she received. It seemed almost fitting, Chel thought, that the dress she received paled in comparison to Nevada's beauty. This was the dress she undoubtedly deserved.

She stared at the frock, unsure what to think. She was glad they had at least granted her shorts and a bra to wear under the gown. They were unorthodox, but one of her techs had taken pity on her condition. It sickened her to be the subject of ridicule and her head held a thousand retorts, but no such expression came. She was simply obedient.

She returns to her cot, hand moving gently over the restraints which hung open like gaping jaws between her thumbs.

It won't be long now.

chiickadee

Princess Hoarder

chiickadee

Princess Hoarder

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:34 pm
Bandages

She can see the disappointment in the life tech's eyes. "S'not you," she insists.

"Oh! No I'm sorry I-" The life tech panics, because she knows she's been rude and is being called out on it.

Chel smiles, because there is still kindness in the world. It just isn't the kind she wants. "Can you do me a favor?"

The life tech bites her lip. "Well I'm not really supposed-"

"Could you get my cousin? He's Chr-"

"Chris? Of course, of course." The life tech looks at her sympathetically. "That's no problem."

"Just tell him the bandages are off." She was trying to be dutiful to her cousin. She was aware now, how little she'd told Chris. Pushing him out of the picture hadn't been fair to him either. Once again she seemed to be the cause of error in a relationship.

"Anything else?" the life tech looks expectantly. Chel hasn't talked much, so such a development is rare and worth study.

Chel shakes her head.

She'd do better.

darkheartedsorrow

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:57 pm
Timid

She needs someone who won't ask questions. Someone who isn't involved. Someone timid.

She makes a request to see Jason. This time the life tech is cold and unfeeling. He claims she is trying to conspire with other hunters. That she is a traitor. That freaks don't get to make requests.

She is quiet and bides her time. She gives Chris the request, and he informs Jason instead.

poke mattix

chiickadee

Princess Hoarder

chiickadee

Princess Hoarder

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:00 pm
Malnourished

They insists she eats. She tries. Every time she does, it is wrong. It isn't the putrid sort of runic sedation she has had many times. It doesn't smell like rainwater mixing with blood. It is all wrong.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:08 pm
Timid

It would not be long before Jason was next to Chel's cot. If he wasn't in his dorm or the library then he was in the infirmary, performing his duties and whatever else the life techs could think up for him. But what he sees is less like a person and more like a gross resemblance of one. The sickly covered skin, lose hair and dark shadows telling him there was more at work here then a simple injury.

"C-chel!" He gasped, concern and a good dose of shock written all over his face. "What happened!? Your.." He shut his mouth just as quickly. It was rude to point out the misshapen scars and he did his best to pretend not to notice.

chiickadee

poke mattix

Rainbow Lover

25,750 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Gaian 0

chiickadee

Princess Hoarder

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:30 pm
Timid

Chel flinched at the way Jason addressed her, but she wasn't quick to point it out. She could see the averted gaze that everyone did. She somehow respects Jason for not trying to hide it.

"It's okay to look away, I don't mind," she told him. "I understand."

Her hands are folded neatly. She watches Jason and tries tilting her head away a little, trying to ease the transition for him.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:37 pm
Timid

"N-no it's n-not that..." He made a point to look at the scar now, as unsightly as it was. Jason didn't want to offend Chel when it was clear she had been put through hell and back, but what horrified him the most was knowing she had been through such a experience that would leave a permanent mark upon her face.

"Y-you don't have to h-hide away..." He stopped, then looked at the floor instead. "I'm sorry..." He didn't know what else to say.  

poke mattix

Rainbow Lover

25,750 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Gaian 0

chiickadee

Princess Hoarder

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:39 pm
Timid

"I have a favor to ask," she said abruptly. No point in dancing around apologies.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:45 am
Timid

"A Favor?" He looked up, puzzled. "What is it?"  

poke mattix

Rainbow Lover

25,750 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Gaian 0

chiickadee

Princess Hoarder

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:47 am
Timid

Her hands clenched and uncleched the bedsheets a few times before she finally spoke. "In my room, there's a plate. Some ... some blood on the ground too." She grimaces and says, "They're not lettin' me leave right now. Would you mind cleaning it up?"

It's a seemingly selfish and lazy request, but Chel's eyes hold that it is very serious.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:55 am
Timid

Jason was caught off guard by such a request, not at all sure what he had expected. "O-of course!" He answered quickly while trying to figure out the meaning behind the items. They items sounded innocent enough and yet they could have a deeper meaning to them.

Questions and possible answeres whirled in his mind but he did not ask, backing away from the cot and hurrying out of the infirmary.

It was approximately one minute before a blushing Jason was back at her cot. "U-umm.. C-could I b-borrow your dorm key? I also..don't know which room y-you're in."  

poke mattix

Rainbow Lover

25,750 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Gaian 0

chiickadee

Princess Hoarder

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:57 am
Timid

Chel hadn't seen him leave and hadn't seen him enter. When he spoke the second time, she nearly jumped.

"I- ah. I don't have it," she said glumly. "They took all my stuff." For a moment she looked defeated. "Sorry."

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:12 am
Timid

"O-oh, don't worry I'll think of s-something!" For the second time Jason rushed towards the dormitories with no idea of what he'd do once he was there.

Or even knowing what her room number was...

Luck was with the moon hunter though, as when he did reach the dorms he was able to locate the room easy enough. The door was slightly ajar and a hunter nearby pointed it out. Mentioning something about the hunter living in the room being monitored.

Che's room...left a lot to be desired. There was dirty clothing everywhere, and bowls of leftover food which looked like it had been there a while. There was also the shattered remains of a plate on the floor, the edges coated in what he assumed was blood. He could also see a small kitchen and bathroom (wow, and all he got was a bed and a desk. Lucky) But most importantly her room was a mess.

Jason stood there staring a few moments, and then sighed wearily. He hadn't realize what he had agreed too but even knowing beforehand...he'd still clean it up

The next hour was spent throwing out the food, washing up all the dirty plates, throwing out the expired food in the kitchen fridge, and even going so far as to take her dirty clothes to the laundry mat. Chel's room was transformed into a livable place.

Jason then made the journey back to the infirmary. "H-hi...I, er, c-cleaned up the plate and b-blood." And the whole room to boot.  

poke mattix

Rainbow Lover

25,750 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Gaian 0

chiickadee

Princess Hoarder

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:16 am
Timid

Every time Jason walks into the room unannounced it jars her more than the last time did.

He had been quick to finish the task and Chel appreciated that. Her hands fumbled for where her wallet would be, only to realize once again that she didn't have the means to pay anyone back for these kindnesses. She tries to remember the lesson she'd taught Jack on friendship, but thinking about Jack hurts.

It hadn't escaped her notice that he still had yet to visit her again.

"Thanks," she says quietly, head hanging a bit. "I can't ... I don't have any money or ..."

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 8 9 10 11 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff