Welcome to Gaia! ::

Digimon: Tamer Island Guild

Back to Guilds

#1 Digimon Guild where you can actually be a Tamer with your very own Digimon. 

Tags: Digimon, Tamer, Island, Digimon Tamer, Tamer Island 

Reply Thriller Ruins (Event Archive)
Crew Nominations '14: Phase 2, The Voting [Closed] Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Have to Voted for a Moderator?
YEs
50%
 50%  [ 2 ]
No
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
I don't know whom to vote for
25%
 25%  [ 1 ]
I'm not going to
25%
 25%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 4

-InsertEgoHere- Liger
Crew

Married Shapeshifter

14,450 Points
  • Married 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:45 am
User Image

It's time for Voting!
This is a fairly new process in which you all as the members will have a say in whom gets the opportunity to become a moderator of DTI. This way you all will have prior proof that whomever was voted in actually deserves this position. For those that don't know, this is what a moderator of DTI does:

-Creates biweekly contests for member enjoyment
-Creates art in one of the shops
-Gives a hand in keeping the peace between members
-Aiding in keeping the guild organized and clean

If any of these are things that you want to do, then perhaps you might have a place as a member of DTI's elite crew.

===========

We are now in Phase 2, anonymous voting.
This is the more simple step, all you have to do is vote for one member when the polling opens. Please PM your vote to DTIVoteguy

Each of the candidates have been asked to submit a short summary and will be allowed what their plans are for the guild if they are elected to become a crew member. I encourage you to ask them questions and really analyze their plans and ability to express those instead of just voting for you friends. Remember, these guys are going a part of what makes you come back to the guild and if they can't express that to you, they probably don't deserve your vote.

You have until October 14th to vote.

Grandwing

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:44 am
Words from the Nominees

Kazu Matsumoto
Hey guys, whether you know me or not let me introduce myself. My name is Kazu Matsumoto, I'm 20 years old and live in the United Kingdom and (if it wasn't already quite obvious) I'm a huge Digimon fan! I joined this guild almost 5 years ago, drawn in by it's warm atmosphere, easily accessible RP and of course the fact that every aspect was hinged on my favourite Digital Monsters! I have watched and joined as the guild has grown up around me, introducing new RP systems, new cards for our own card game, more contests and events then I can shake a stick at and all while maintaining a fun and friendly environment for our members! Until now I have been a participant, a member who is consistently present.

However I want to do more, and I want what I do to benefit you, the members.

I first tried my hand at engaging and helping the guild a few years back. The RP Academy was pulled together in order to help people refine their Literate RP skills. It drew a great crowd of RP'ers who were genuinely interested in improvement and had a blast taking part, offering great feedback and actively taking on board tips and tricks while keeping their own styles unique. Recently I opened up the guild's first contest aimed specifically at newcomers which was received incredibly well, drawing over 450+ posts and really bringing the newer members together for a spot of fun competition.

These experiences and many more that I have picked up over my 5 year tenure of Digimon Tamer Island are what I can help bring to the Guild as a member of the Crew team. I am a very RolePlay focused individual so naturally I intend to spend most of my time ensuring that the RP forum is active and thriving, with more missions, narrators to assist in missions upon request, and RP events that will engage with the entire guild! But of course not everyone is as interested in RolePlaying as I am, in which case I promise that the day I find out if I have become a Crew Member I will request Artist Lessons in order to assist with the multitude of orders that we receive from the various Digivolution Shops in order to more quickly sort and deliver your precious Digimon to you. Of course I will also try to provide a steady stream of Contests for all members to take part in, with interesting and diverse tasks and challenges that will really expand and fortify the way we compete within this Guild for the better!

So that's my spiel! Hopefully this is enough to convince you guys that I am Crew material! I wish the best of luck to my fellow applicants and I extend my thanks to all the members of the DTI, without you guys this Guild would be a very different place so please, keep doing what you do best: Having fun with Digimon!

~ Kazu

dragonianflame

An Essay for Crew Membership

First off, I know I haven’t been here as long as the other three, but I think I can be just as good as them if not better if I try hard enough. I know I haven’t had the best relation to some members, including mods, but I’m trying to change that. I want to be more like within the guild not only for the chance of being a crew member, I also feel left out a lot because I am not liked very well. Also, I really think I could make some pretty cool and not very seen contest ideas if I were elected.

I seriously don’t like talking about how I should be nominated -_- if I have to say more, I have been an artist in the guild for a little bit and if I do get nominated I can make more art for more people. Also as I have been interested in the guild events and rp, even making my own quite recently.

Like Kazu said when he nominated me, I have been trying to get this position, and I will admit, I would not be surprised Kazu or Fudge get nominated over me, but even if I don’t get picked, I will try to keep up with what im trying now.

Shadow of Miracles
I think I would be a good crew member because I want the members of DTI to have fun and experience our guild completely. I want to help promote all of the guild's features including the Official/Misc. RP, the Xros Shop, and the Card Battle System. I would focus on improving/adding new features to these wonderful systems that exist in the guild, but have -sometimes- been greatly overlooked. I am already currently working with some of the crew members to improve one of these systems. I want to help contribute to the guild with my ideas. I want to work together with the crew members and the VCs.

Something else that I would like to do and believe will greatly benefit the guild is to update the rules for some of the systems in the guild as well as provide new sprites for digimon. I know there are some digimon that members really want to have, but cannot be obtained due sprites not being created. I was the first person to have created sprites for Garurumon X and his digivolutions with the help of members such as Alexia SeeYa and Lief (who was awesome and created the MetalGarurumon X sprite from scratch!). I hope that you all will consider me for this position and provide me the opportunity to help in the growth of this amazing guild.

UnHolyFudge
I feel I would be a good crew member because I have a very well versed knowledge of the guilds systems, and I know that some need fixing, and I will try my best to assist in the fixing of those systems. I am also very knowledgeable about Digimon itself and know most of the lines that happen in the guild. That being said #YoloSwagDigimon4Lyfe. As a Crew member I would also be more active in the creation of systems, which my fairly unbiased approach to things might be able to help. So um yeah vote Fudgey.

Nomination Form:
I cast my vote for: _[u][b][Insert Member's Name][/b][/u]_

Reasons for Nomination: (optional)

=====
Nominees:
dragonianflame - Nominated
UnHolyFudge - Nominated
Shadow of Miracles - Nominated
Kazu Matsumoto - Nominated

-InsertEgoHere- Liger
Crew

Married Shapeshifter

14,450 Points
  • Married 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

-InsertEgoHere- Liger
Crew

Married Shapeshifter

14,450 Points
  • Married 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:45 am
-Reserved-  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:30 pm
I wanna be a crew member!!!!

I nominate: dragonianflame

-or-

Reasons for Nomination: (optional or can be PM'd)

-I think im in good standing with most members. (I know a few don't like me)

- I work on peoples art

- I have more than three digimon. I don't think its been a year yet....

- I have made 2 custom sprites for the guild  

dragonianflame

Omnipresent Lunatic

10,375 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

harmonieux

Fatcat

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 3:01 pm
I nominate: UnHolyFudge

Reasons for Nomination:
- He has fulfilled the requirements to be nominated.
- He is an active member who has often helped solve disputes and answer questions that both new and old members have.
- He is, to my knowledge, liked by everyone in the guild.
- He helped establish the current RP system, in addition to many other contributions throughout the guild.
- He is an experienced guild member.
- Because I said so and my opinion is all that matter. ;D

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 5:02 pm
I nominate: Shadow of Miracles

Reasons for Nomination:
- I have been a member of DTI for more than 3 years and I have roughly 50 digimon.
- I am on good standings with all of the VCs and most of the crew members of DTI. I haven't heard complains about me, but I'm not part of the Skype chat.
- I am friendly to all the new members of the guild and some occasions (even recently) I have been PMed by new members with questions about the guild.
- I constantly encourage the new members to participate in contests and I'm always willing to show them around.
- I am currently an artist for the TP Shop, Update Shop, and Digimon Registry
- I am always participating in the guild events. I am also one of the few people that actually speaks their mind and replies to the crew members whenever they are asking for feedback.
- I created the Garurumon X and WereGarurumon X sprites as well as the Rhihimon sprite. Alexia SeeYa helped me with Garurumon sprites by adding the pointy ears to the head.
- I was one of the beta testers for the DBC.  

Shadow of Miracles

Friendly Seeker

6,800 Points
  • Member 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

UnHolyFudge

Unholy Sage

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 6:06 pm
I Second: UnHolyFudge
Whom was nominated by harmonieux

Reasons for Nomination:

Well I'm one of the oldest active non crew members.
Despite hardly doing it anymore I am an artist, I mostly do orders by request
I have experience making and running contests.
I've helped test systems, the recent DBC update I helped and gave feedback on.
I am(I think) well liked by a majority of the guild.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 7:02 pm
I second the nomination of Shadow of Miracles.

Reasons:

-He's the reason that I even joined the guild to started with and managed to stay thus far
- Has been the most helpful in me understanding how the systems like the card battle system works, how to get digimon that I wanted or needed.
- has made an effort to help out new members of the guild i.e- the members from another guild.
- completes art fairly quickly and it's well done without complaints.
- very helpful in looking up new digimon and new sprites.
- kept me up to date on contest I could had missed.  

Xx_Yume_Shinkirou_xX

Beloved Seeker

14,725 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500

DTIVoteGuy

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:42 am
Wonder if you guys will vote for DTIVoteGuy. I hear that DTIVoteGuy is real mod material.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:24 am
I nominate: Myself; Kazu Matsumoto

Reasons for nomination:

I think that I would be a great addition to the DTI Crew. While I may not be an artist and to date I have only created and run 1 contest, I feel I have contributed to one of the biggest sections in the guild for a long time; The RolePlay section. I joined DTI almost 5 years ago, and since then I have been a persistent and hopefully welcome addition to the sub-forum. I helped establish and run the RP Academy a few years back which got lots of Tamers motivated to improve and refine their RP technique, which in turn created a vibrant and flourishing RP thread. Despite not achieving great success in the Beta of the RP system I did help to trial it.

I feel like I have a very good standing with other members of the guild, both Mods and Members alike. In my opinion I have no-one in DTI that I do not consider a very good Friend and hopefully I am considered a friend by many of you guys as well!

I have been helping out with new members by welcoming them to the guild with plethora of links and directions to the information they may need. A number of new members have Private Messaged me with questions and I have responded to them with accurate and relevant links to the needed information they have required. In addition the contest that I have organised and run was specifically aimed at including more of our newer members in the guilds activities and attempt to re-balance the ratio of Digimon to members across new and old sectors of the guild.

I have been a part of Digimon Tamer Island for 5 years come this Winter and I possess around 25 unique Digimon, not including evolved forms. If nominated for becoming a Crew-Member then I will promise 2 things to you:
1: I will devote the majority of my Crew time to the RP thread and work on creating contests, clearing profiles and organizing quick, easy and enjoyable missions that all can partake in.
2: I will endevour to become an artist within the guild and to continue to create more competitions in order to maximise my ability to contribute to both the guild and it's members.

Thanks for reading sweatdrop I hope you consider my application and I wish the best of luck to the other Competitors!

Kazu Matsumoto

Fashionable Guildsman

Xiatian Li

Cheery Otaku

9,750 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Party Animal 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:45 pm
I second the nomination of Kazu Matsumoto

Reasons for nomination:

- He has fulfilled the requirement to be nominated.
- His first contest, in my opinion, has become quite a success in making newcomer become more involved to the guild. If allowed more time, I believe he would become one of the people that all newcomers could look to for help and advice.
- Despite not knowing him as long as some others in the guild do, I believe he would be a nice addition to the crew and will provide us many interesting ideas for both rp and contest. Already, he has showed us that he is capable of such feats (the first contest as stated above, and the story of his rpc in the rp. I have been following those posts and certainly found them interesting.)
- From my point of view, he is friendly and easy to approach, so I'm sure he is liked by many if not all. He also has plenty of patience and can be insightful which are one of many qualities the crew needs to have to solve any sort of disputes between members.
- Despite his recent absence, he is quite active nowadays and very devoted to the guild, especially the rp.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:41 am
One Week to GO!!!

Still one week to get your submissions in, Remember you can nominate or second yourself as well as one other person from the guild.
So if you already have put in one application feel free to do a second one as long as it's either yourself if your first
nomination was someone else or someone else is your first one was yourself.

Got it? Ok good, let's get some more nominees, one week to go!!

User Image

lief_7
Crew

nuGen Staff Lead

22,675 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Gaian 50

KiroMishima
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 12:32 pm
Only three days left everyone!  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:34 am
Last Chance!!!

Today is you last chance to nominate or be nominated, if you feel like you or someone you know should be crew this is your last chance to get in!! Hurry before it's too late! Even if you don't think you qualify, you never know and this might be the last time in a long time we have one of these.

Don't miss out on this opportunity!!

User Image

lief_7
Crew

nuGen Staff Lead

22,675 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Gaian 50

harmonieux

Fatcat

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:16 am
Wait wait. I think there is a mistake. Why am I on the nominations list? I was not nominated by anyone, and I nominated UnHolyFudge, not myself.  
Thriller Ruins (Event Archive)

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff