Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Deus Ex Machina, a humble training facility located on a remote island. 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities
[PRP]HARDly doing this right (Noemi/Finn/Jack) Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Pixie Nyxie

Adorable Waffles

14,125 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:28 pm
Noemi was surprised when she had gotten a text from Finn, claiming his very overdue favor from ages ago when he helped her with her wardrobe. He had mentioned something of dressing cute (she wasn't sure what she had that was cute, but she would try...) and meeting him and the mysterious date to be at the portal.

So she was at the portal, dressed cutely (or she thought) waiting for the mysterious date to be and flipping her cellphone open and closed nervously.

At least Finn would be there right? She was okay with Finn. She'd be alright.

Seussi
Text to Finn: Okay! I am at the portal!
Medigel

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:36 pm
Nyxtsuki Moon
Text to Noemi: I'll be there in five. If a tall man named Jack shows up, just go on without me. I'll catch up.

It was only semi-true. Finn was some distance away, hiding, watching.

Waiting.  

Seussi

Ice-Cold Hunter

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:57 pm
It was not his first impulse to listen when he received a text from Finn that literally just said to get dressed and meet him at the portal. Jack would rather curl up and read for a Saturday night in--or really do anything beyond those vague instructions, because he was pretty sure it was a "screw you now you're my date I knew you were homo now come on you're buying my food" just waiting to happen. Or maybe it wasn't. Finn looked a little out of sorts before the group had broken up during the mission, so who knew what was going on in that guy's mind.

Cautiously optimistic that it was just an impromptu decision to go get a drink with a friend, Jack dressed himself well as instructed and headed to the lighthouse...where he didn't see Finn. If that a*****e made him wait, he'd probably just go to the bar himself or something.

He glanced at Noemi just to register that she was there, figured Milo or somebody would be showing up soon, and pocketed his hands with a little sigh.

Nyxtsuki Moon

Seussi

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:08 pm
Noemi stared at Finn's text and frowned deeply. Well...perhaps Finn would be able to catch up. Besides, it would be silly to assume a 'date' consisted of three people together, and in the shows, it often was just a pair of people. She messed with her tan small purse, nervously shifting from one foot to another when she was joined by an extremely tall hunter.

Was this Jack?

She peeked up at him without really getting a good look, then looked down at the ground. It seemed she didn't recognize him for the green haired giant that had awaken her at first, nor the one who had tried to help her during the mission in the tower.

At least at first, then she did a double take and tilted her head to look up at him. Nope she knew him.

Her voice was pretty soft and meek, but she cleared her throat. This was a favor for Finn after all. "E...Excuse me." She gave him a very weak shy smile, "You are Jack right?" She opted to keep Spanish out as much as she could, because he hadn't been pleased when she spoke it when she woke, "Um, You look different with..your blonde hair. It's not bad..." She corrected herself, "Finn said that we are going on a date together?"

Medigel
Seussi

Pixie Nyxie

Adorable Waffles

14,125 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Seussi

Ice-Cold Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:37 pm
medigel
Text to Jack: Aw you actually showed up how cute. You two have a nice time together now, okay? Don't stay out too late~

Nyxtsuki Moon
Text to Noemi: Ya you guys seriously just go on ahead. I'm not going to go on the date /with/ you, because that would just be silly.

Quote:
Text to Noemi: I am going to follow you, however, and make sure it all goes well. Don't disappoint me now, darling!

Apparently, this was how Finn planned on amusing himself back out of the complete slump he had found himself in.

This was going to be great.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:44 pm
Jack took a few seconds to understand exactly what Noemi was saying: two to realize she was actually talking to him, one to process the words.

"What?" he asked with a frown. "I'm--" Then his phone rang. He took it out and stared at the text from Finn.

"What." It was a lot flatter this time.

He cast his eyes around and saw no sign of Finn; the strangling would just have to wait until later.

"Whatever. You're buying," he told Noemi tersely, because ******** getting all dressed up for nothing. Snapping his phone closed, Jack pocketed it on the way to the portal, wherever the ******** they ended up.

Nyxtsuki Moon

Seussi

medigel

Anxious Spirit

Pixie Nyxie

Adorable Waffles

14,125 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:58 pm
Noemi also stared down at her text with Finn, and she actually sighed in relief. Well if Finn was around, then maybe he could..just coach her on what to do. She would just have to make it look natural or something.

Jack's repeated whats made her eyes widened, and then clutch her phone. Was she not good enough for a date? If she failed this, she was basically failing the favor for Finn, and he didn't deserve that!

"That's fine!" She nodded, "Do you...like baseball?" There was a red sox vs giants game that she had wanted to go to but didn't know if Jack was into sports like that. "Or basketball? Um...let me check..." She fumbled on her phone, "there is a couple of games playing, if you want to go to any of those? Or...Or typical dates are...um zoo's or...arcades...."

Seussi
Medigel

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:31 pm
He stopped a few inches from the portal and rolled his eyes up to the ceiling. "Yeah, sure." He didn't seem to realize (or care) that this was a non-answer.

Nyxtsuki Moon
aka pick whatever~

medigel

Anxious Spirit

Seussi

Ice-Cold Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:20 pm
It was hard to overhear them from where he was hiding, especially since Noemi was so soft spoken, but a few words drifted out to him from where he sat, and he whipped up his phone to text Noemi.

Nyxtsuki Moon
Text to Noemi: Don't let that Jack-a** get away with making you pay for anything. Take him to a basketball game, if you can. He loves basketball. Pretend you forgot your debit card when you get there.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:22 pm
Noemi bit her lip just a tiny bit, wondering if for some reason she had pissed Jack off?

The small vibration of her phone had her seeking the text, blinking and then sighing in relief as Coach Finn was on the case. His...idea about who was to pay seemed to silly, but she was going to follow it to a T.

"So...So Basketball game then! Let's see..." She went over to the techs, announcing their destination as they'd be dropped off for a Boston Celtics vs Chicago Bulls game in Chicago.

She followed Jack through the portal, giving Finn a thumbs up behind her back where Jack couldn't see.

They'd be dropped off not far from the stadium where the game would be held, and with a short walk, they were joining a small line of people. Once they got up to the teller, Noemi requested of course the best seats available.

Then, with Finn's advice...feigned a sort of mock horror as she sorta of not really dug through her purse...

"I...I for...I forgot my...money..." She peeked up at Jack....

Medigel

Pixie Nyxie

Adorable Waffles

14,125 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:10 am
Being taken to a basketball game did mollify him. It helped that he thoroughly recognized the area they were in. Waves of nostalgia struck Jack as they found themselves in Chicago again; he could have been in high school again, going out with his friends or his dad to watch a game. Noemi couldn't have possibly known about his connection, but she did get some well-needed bonus points.

Especially when she claimed she had no money.

Putting on an easy smile, Jack stepped up and slid his wallet out. "Too excited to see Radmanović," he explained to the teller as he paid, adding with a wink, "She really likes us tall ones."

Once they had their tickets and were on their way in, he leaned in towards Noemi's ear and sweetly said, "You're a piece of s**t just like your cousin. Who the ******** goes out without making sure they have money?"

Nyxtsuki Moon
idk how you want to play it but we can time skip over the game if you want!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:56 am
Noemi tried to gave the teller an apologetic look and a nod. Jack didn't seem to angry.....

Or not, her eyes widened at his words.

"I...I'm sorry..." The first thing to connect was, He knew Stormy? The second was he was super angry enough to call her a name. She waited till they were sitting down to text Finn.

Quote:
Text to Finn: I think I made him super angry because of the money?

Instead, once they were seated, she grabbed the boom sticks and handed a pair to Jack.

"Is..." She hesitated, "Radmanović your favorite player?" Since she had no idea who was who. The game started, and she was immediately drawn into the back and forth. Admittedly, she was going for the Celtics (cause she was irish) so when a Bull's player made an obvious foul, she jumped out of her seat and pointed her boom stick at them.

"That's a foul! THAT'S A FOUL! He should get two shots!" She might've not really remember she was on a date with Jack, but she did and turned to him as if asking for his clarification on the missed call.

Medigel
No way, I want Jack reactions to basketball. O7O

Pixie Nyxie

Adorable Waffles

14,125 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Seussi

Ice-Cold Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:45 pm
Nyxtsuki Moon
Text to Noemi: He'll get over it. He really loves basketball.

Finn had told the portal techs to send him to the same location as the previous pair, and thus began his super stealthy stalker evening. It was no easy chore getting in line several people behind the pair, keeping himself as well hidden as possible, and then somehow managing to get seats in an area nearby but not too nearby the lovely little couple on their wonderful date, higher up in the stands of course so that he could look down on them from above (and hopefully hide from view should Jack bother to turn around for some reason).

All and all, not an easy task. Tack on the fact that he wasn't exactly inconspicuous with his damn eye patch, and this was going to prove to be an interesting exercise.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:11 pm
Jack just growled a sigh as they made their way to their seats. With time he began to calm down again, at least as much as someone like him could be. It had been a long, long time since he had been to an actual basketball game, let alone for the home team.

"No, just the small forward. Guy's ******** taller than me if you can believe that," he explained as the game started. "There's the three point guards, Rose, Hinrich, and Brooks. The one with the ball right now, #44, that's Nikola Mirotić, power forward..." He fell into silence eventually, intent on the game and slowly sitting forward as time went on.

When Noemi shouted, he was less concerned with the game for a moment and more surprised by the fact that she even knew the rules. "You watched before?"

Nyxtsuki Moon
today is let's pretend medi knows what she's doing day

medigel

Anxious Spirit

Pixie Nyxie

Adorable Waffles

14,125 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:53 pm
She looked over at him in surprise, forgetting that for the moment, he had told her she was shitty like her cousin. She was trying to remain positive here, and the text message from Finn seemed to reassure her. As well as Jack explaining the teams.

"I didn't know anyone was taller then you." She held her hand up making the motion for taller, and chuckled a little. "Oh..." She squinted at the members, trying to remember their names. She probably wouldn't.

After her call, the Celtics called for a time out and she turned to answer his question.

"Si, My Papi was big sports fan, My mom was big Soap Opera? They would switch off, and I was homeschooled, so I saw what they saw? I like sports better then Soap Operas." She gleamed a little, "Like Baseball, Papi showed me how to play, I am really good shortstop and pitcher. Ah....but I was no good at basketball.." She made the shooting motions with her hands, "No power upwards? Always airballed, so I settled for watching. I like football too." She shrugged, "There is not a lot to do on farm after chores." She shrugged again, actually pleased that Jack might've been having a good time.

The timeout was called off and the game resumed, leading up to the Bulls pulling out a marginal victory of 112 to 105, Noemi's shoulders sagged as they got up to leave the stadium. "We were so close to beating the bulls."

Then she stiffened and looked up, "Do you want...to go to dinner?" Thats what happened on dates right, some kind of activity, then food, then home. Or something like that right?

Medigel

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces