Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Deus Ex Machina, a humble training facility located on a remote island. 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities
[Drabble] Road to El Canada (Ripples/Toto) Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Enoh Love

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 4:54 pm
"No." It was a very firm rebuttal, the kind that screamed this conversation is over, and let it go, not all at once. He didn't even take his eyes off the road, and his gloved hands never moved from their position on the steering wheel, aside to make minute adjustments to keep them safely in the middle of their lane.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 4:57 pm
"But I want it." Otto affirmed, staring daggers with his cyan blue eyes dead set on Ripley. The blonde sat in the pasanger seat of the car, his arms crossed firmly over his chest.

"I want it now. Pull over. Pull ******** over. This is what I came for."  

Bittiface

Sarcastic Hunter

Enoh Love

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:01 pm
"No." Ripley repeated, putting more strain on the word than the first time he uttered it. As if that would help. But as he glanced to Otto - who was in the way of his seeing into the passenger side mirror - he caught the look, and frowned deeply. If he was already like that, then the rest of this trip...

"Later." He could give, at least a little, he supposed, for the sake of his own sanity.

"Maybe." Or maybe not.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:05 pm
"But it's RIGHT. THERE." Otto whined, pointing at the signs alerting them of the upcoming off ramp. A large sign displaying the logos of fast food places in the next town whizzed by.

"I want a Boston Creme!"  

Bittiface

Sarcastic Hunter

Enoh Love

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:18 pm
Ripley twitched - a subtle movement and barely noticeable, considering his eyes remained on the road. Sadly, his attention was drifting to the incredibly whiny teenager parked in the passenger seat, who was fixating and had been fixating since the first one. He said nothing, and made no motion to move the car into the next lane, until -

"Fine." The wheel jerked, sending the car suddenly into the lane that would take them to the off-ramp, quite at the last minute, and finally took the exit.

Perhaps a little detour would be best. The later they got at their destination, he supposed, the better.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:29 pm
The main point here was that Otto won. The prize was a donut. A creme filled donut of Canadian proportions. Otto didn't know of such things until he'd sniped one from a hunter office party while passing by. His work in Canada had been confined to the wilderness. No Tim Horton's runs were ever on his shcedule.

Actually, he didn't even find the donut all that special. But damned if he didn't have one Hell of a craving.

"So like... how long is this trip again?" He asked, kicking back and revelling in his win.  

Bittiface

Sarcastic Hunter

Enoh Love

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:24 pm
He was pretty sure victory was his, as he had actually gotten Otto to shut up for at least ten minutes. It was a small, sweet victory. It took everything in him to not sigh as Otto began doing that thing where words tumbled out of his mouth.

"A week." Ripley replied, monotone and focused.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:30 pm
"It's rude to lie." Otto retorted helpfully. "Yanno, I can be way more annoying. Wanna see?"  

Bittiface

Sarcastic Hunter

Enoh Love

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:38 pm
"You're rude." And he was very mature, clearly. "Shut up and eat your doughnuts."

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:39 pm
Otto ate his donuts in silence.

For now.  

Bittiface

Sarcastic Hunter

Enoh Love

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:58 pm
An hour later-

"...Aren't you too young to drive?"  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:00 pm
"I am not! I'm 19!" Otto barked back. "Come oooon. I wanna try! I only ever got as far as getting my Learners before I got recruited."  

Bittiface

Sarcastic Hunter

Enoh Love

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:02 pm
Ripley gave him a look. Nineteen? Really? He didn't believe it - then again, he couldn't unsee Otto as the grumpy preteen that he had been when they first met. With the emo hair and everything.

"Did you ever get behind a wheel?"

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:05 pm
"Um... yeah like.. once or twice?" He added sheepishly, grimacing. His untrusting father never gave him the time of day to learn. Or the time of car as it were. Only when his mother was feeling a little generous did he get the chance....

The chance to drive up the road to the store.

Otto sulked. An epic pout of puppy dog fame. He began to slide down in his seat.  

Bittiface

Sarcastic Hunter

Enoh Love

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:19 pm
Ripley cast a side glance at the sulking form of his friend, who by all accounts was also his superior. He had never met someone who out ranked him that count pout like that...it was amusing and sad all at once. In the end, he heaved a sigh.

"Alright." He submitted for the second time today, glancing out the side mirror as he switch lanes. "On back roads." It was an ultimatum, and if he really wanted to drive, he'd have no choice but to agree. The car exited the highway smoothly, and was soon parked on the side of an empty street, the passenger wheels parked firmly on the gravel shoulder, just far enough from the ditch to make the change in seats a lot less annoying.

"Get out." A gloved hand waved at Otto, while the other reached for the door handle.

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff